Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ACC] [PoS Token Standard] Accelerator  (Read 37757 times)
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:54:15 PM

This is less scammy than most ethereum tokens. Atleast they have put a lot of work on to this. Apparently they are readying new facilities to expand mining. Thats why the price is high currently (demand higher than expected I guess). They are also creating new website and staking calculator.

Quotes from Telegram:

Accelerator Network: It will go back to that price if the token value increases. The token value and compute pricing are inverse

Accelerator Network: Its not profitable if you bought ACC tokens today. You are suppose to buy ACC tokens and then run compute orders with the staking profits.

Accelerator Network: Well, thats sort of the point.  We are building a mining facility.  Until its built we can't lower the price.

Accelerator Network: Staking is going to be the most profitable for now

Accelerator Network: Currently we are working on a staking calculator, and a new website.

burnedbyfees

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:46:35 PM

The thing that put me off though, is that's exactly how a ponzi works, the promise of profits in the future, that never actually fully materialise, you make good profits at first, then it's diminishing returns from then on. But you keep going because of promises and because you've already invested.

I don't see why, if it's legit, they can't limit the amount of traffic using their queue system, so that it's profitable but they continue to sell mining to people knowing it will lose them money. Think about it, new facilities wouldn't make it profitable, it would only scale-up the problem, if it can't be profitable now, then 10 supercomputers wouldn't make a difference, there would just be more people mining at a loss. Unless they impose traffic limits to guarantee profitability it's at best useless and at worst a scam.

shan2026 (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:09:12 PM

Hi dev, is this the Accelerator "cloud mining solution" or just something for yourself?  Grin

Hi,

I wanted to get in to mining and was wondering if my MB Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 gen 3 is compatible with 6x GPU?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3/index.asp

I have 2500K and 850W power supply. Maybe I can use 6x GTX 1060 with it if MB is compatible. Will only have to buy GPUs to start mining if everything else is good enough.

thanks
Hi,

I wanted to get in to mining and was wondering if my MB Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 gen 3 is compatible with 6x GPU?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3/index.asp

I have 2500K and 850W power supply. Maybe I can use 6x GTX 1060 with it if MB is compatible. Will only have to buy GPUs to start mining if everything else is good enough.

thanks

I'm not dev but affiliate  Wink

http://accelerator.network/127.html Accelerator Hydro-powered Mining Facility
shan2026 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:19:57 PM

The thing that put me off though, is that's exactly how a ponzi works, the promise of profits in the future, that never actually fully materialise, you make good profits at first, then it's diminishing returns from then on. But you keep going because of promises and because you've already invested.

I don't see why, if it's legit, they can't limit the amount of traffic using their queue system, so that it's profitable but they continue to sell mining to people knowing it will lose them money. Think about it, new facilities wouldn't make it profitable, it would only scale-up the problem, if it can't be profitable now, then 10 supercomputers wouldn't make a difference, there would just be more people mining at a loss. Unless they impose traffic limits to guarantee profitability it's at best useless and at worst a scam.

100% of tokens were distribuited through airdrop. Some people brought it on ED to mine Ether with profit others did to speculate. I doubt this is how ponzi work because they offer rediculously high returns. Check out hashrate mining returns and you will see, they closed website in less then a week.

burnedbyfees

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:51:56 PM

100% of tokens were distribuited through airdrop. Some people brought it on ED to mine Ether with profit others did to speculate. I doubt this is how ponzi work because they offer rediculously high returns. Check out hashrate mining returns and you will see, they closed website in less then a week.

That's the thing though, I did try the website a lot and it went from being profitable to extremely unprofitable. I'm not declaring this coin a scam, I honestly don't know if it is, it's just I see red flags that made me sell.

Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:24:17 PM

I originally kept the airdrop because the price was cheap and there was 300% cumulative POS for the first year. If the price holds (and it has) its still the best POS coin out there. The cloud mining I found only later. Maybe its not ready yet, hell I think 99% of the tokens here are not ready yet. At best they have white paper and at worst not even that.

Of course Im only investing as much as Im ready to loose. I would not go all in for this yet. I need to know more about this token and the team behind it.
burnedbyfees

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:40:28 PM

I originally kept the airdrop because the price was cheap and there was 300% cumulative POS for the first year. If the price holds (and it has) its still the best POS coin out there. The cloud mining I found only later. Maybe its not ready yet, hell I think 99% of the tokens here are not ready yet. At best they have white paper and at worst not even that.

Of course Im only investing as much as Im ready to loose. I would not go all in for this yet. I need to know more about this token and the team behind it.

That's smart, that's what I was going to do but I saw other new coin opportunities I liked more. Maybe it'll work out well for you, good luck.

Y_land

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:30:47 PM

when does airdrop end?
And, in general, why did you choose cloud-mining? Everybody on this forum writes that it is no longer worth investing in it ..

Airdrop is done.

The mining is actually worth it though, I've made profit every time I've done it. At first I tried it with my airdrop just to see, then kept doing it, it depends on whether or not the Accelerator Network is busy and token price as to whether it's profitable, they also plan to expand to decrease the price which should make it even better.

From reading the whitepaper and roadmap, ETH mining is not the focus it seems, it's just something that gives the token some value and use in these early days, the network can be used for tasks that people request on Slack. You're renting time on a supercomputer, not just mining. They are adding more currencies later it seems if mining's your thing though.

I'd like the ability to use teraflops on mining whatever I want at the time, in case a new PoW currency like Xios comes along again.

This gives the token the advantage over other PoS currencies, there are plenty that have no use whatsoever.

okay, got it. Your reasons have ground...
shan2026 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 04:54:15 PM

UPDATE from dev, I asked about why mining ether by buying ACC from Etherdelta isn't profitable right now. Here is their response

"Yeah, its never going to be profitable to do that. Otherwise anyone could just go buy ACC tokens, and make more money. That would be a scam. We make money by marking up the price of compute orders.  Thats how we build out the datacenter and add more capacity. The prices were really low to start because we needed to test the system at load. But the only way to make money with Accelerator is to buy the token and hold it. The compute pricing is inverse of the token price So if the token price goes up, the compute pricing goes down.

Once our datacenter is built out we will be lowering the compute pricing or building a larger datacenter. A lot more details are going to be released later this week, working on a new site and a built in buy only exchange."

If you guys have anymore questions then just ask.

burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:03:20 PM

UPDATE from dev, I asked about why mining ether by buying ACC from Etherdelta isn't profitable right now. Here is their response

"Yeah, its never going to be profitable to do that. Otherwise anyone could just go buy ACC tokens, and make more money. That would be a scam. We make money by marking up the price of compute orders.  Thats how we build out the datacenter and add more capacity. The prices were really low to start because we needed to test the system at load. But the only way to make money with Accelerator is to buy the token and hold it. The compute pricing is inverse of the token price So if the token price goes up, the compute pricing goes down.

Once our datacenter is built out we will be lowering the compute pricing or building a larger datacenter. A lot more details are going to be released later this week, working on a new site and a built in buy only exchange."

I like that they are honest enough to say that it won't be profitable, so it's not a scam. But I wonder what's the point if using their computing power always results in a net loss?

If the price of the token goes up, but mining still results in a loss compared to replacing the tokens, then surely you should just sell the tokens, even if it's profitable compared to the price you originally paid.  Huh

Am I missing something? It seems like more thought needs to go into this business model.

Neayo

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

I like that they are honest enough to say that it won't be profitable, so it's not a scam. But I wonder what's the point if using their computing power always results in a net loss?

If the price of the token goes up, but mining still results in a loss compared to replacing the tokens, then surely you should just sell the tokens, even if it's profitable compared to the price you originally paid.  Huh

Am I missing something? It seems like more thought needs to go into this business model.

This means it isn't profitable if you buy ACC Tokens and instantly use them for mining, you can hodl ACC and use them for mining when the price goes up or you use the tokens from staking every 3 days to mine.
burnedbyfees

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:47:02 PM

This means it isn't profitable if you buy ACC Tokens and instantly use them for mining, you can hodl ACC and use them for mining when the price goes up or you use the tokens from staking every 3 days to mine.

Yes, I understand that.

As I say, then why not just sell the tokens when the price rises? You will still be mining at a loss even if each token is worth 200 ETH, because you could have just sold the token. It's pointless to mine under any circumstances, so the business model makes no sense at all.

Neayo

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:17:16 PM

Yes, I understand that.

As I say, then why not just sell the tokens when the price rises? You will still be mining at a loss even if each token is worth 200 ETH, because you could have just sold the token. It's pointless to mine under any circumstances, so the business model makes no sense at all.

Good point but if you hold many ACC in long term and want to sell just a part of your tokens or sell the tokens you receive from staking to have a passive income its better for you to use them for mining. If you sell them the price on the market will fall so unless you want to sell everything you have its better to use them for mining.
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:37:00 PM

Guys I will advise the Dev to list ACC in more exchange and coinmarketcap you will see the price of this token skyrocket because this token has a very low supply.
Neayo

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:04:00 PM

Guys I will advise the Dev to list ACC in more exchange and coinmarketcap you will see the price of this token skyrocket because this token has a very low supply.

To get listed on coinmarketcap the token need a daily volume of 10k, atm its only 300$ - 1000$.
shan2026 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:10:56 AM

Team is working on getting it listed on coinexchange.

shan2026 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:45:31 AM

Another update from dev:

"We will increase trade volume through our own site. Our exchange will buyback on etherdelta creating enough volume to get on coinmarketcap. I see there is some confusion about the business model. This is how it works  User buys acc tokens at our site -> waits for the compute price to drop (inverse of token price) -> buys compute orders at the right price. They can also sell them on ED, but I dont think a lot of people know how to use it right now. As capacity grows we will get lower and lower compute pricing."

shan2026 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 03:51:20 AM

New website, lower compute prices, staking calculator, and built in exchange.  Check it out http://accelerator.network/127.html

b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:43:45 AM

Well that's very true. the price of this coin will be very expensive because the amount of supplynya very little. I really hope the price of coins is very expensive. If it really happens many people will get rich suddenly Grin

Nbilal

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:10:23 AM

Great work thanks Dev  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: