Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use BTC as a digital currency for paying online ?  (Read 3663 times)
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:26:54 PM

Yeah you are right that it needs to legal all over the world. But in this time there are many countries where bitcoin is not acceptable but i personally use Bitcoin in online purpose.
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:27:53 PM

If you could, why not? It is easier and more secured with paying online using bitcoins because you can actually trace where you money goes, and the privacy of you doing it is absolutely there.

Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:48:25 PM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?
Or it’s just a form of investment like gold was a decade ago ?

If it's online, there are already websites or shopping sites that accepts Bitcoin as a payment. The only issue is in regular stores or retailers. Since there are still countries where Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are not yet legal, it is becoming limited only for those who are in countries where it is legal, to be used as a normal currency. It can still be used in countries even if it is not yet legal but not directly, meaning, they will need to convert it first into fiat.
eddyhalim

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:56:24 PM

there are very few websites nowaday accept paying bitcoin, because bitcoin is less popular than paper money so websites dont want to use bitcoin because they think it is not worthy to waste money for digital currency.

luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?

It is true that it was created as a currency for online transactions but it really did not solve anything. For me it just paved the way for online drug dealings more easy for people who never want to be caught. But overall I don't see all online stores accepting Bitcoin. I mainly see Bitcoin as some sort of money making asset in which all people are trying to profit from it and some people don't even use it as a currency anymore because of its transaction fees.

I personally don’t think in that way.
If you want to do illegal thing you can still pay and be paid with cash, and mainly they still do it.
The real problem for other centralised circuit payment was their fee, just too high for retailers and for small amount.
So BTC can solve this problem.
And yet, it’s not totally anonimous so..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490

Guard your privacy

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:29:29 PM

Of course, sometimes I buy some electronics and others things and most of them I was paid with btc, also I playing online games, some of them accept bitcoins, for me its easiest payment system, just waiting that time when whole internet will accept bitcoins.

Yes! That’s the way it was first created. Paying online with small fee with no worries at all to be frauded

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:33:17 PM

I used to use it to buy games from site like humblebundle but lately they don't accept bitcoin for the bundle they sold. Steam still accept bitcoin but it's a little bit expensive for me. The last time i use bitcoin to buy something is about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:40:52 PM

You just gave me the idea for playing online using BTC. And yes if it get legalized then of course we'll use BTC for buying something online . But for now i am saving it for further use and waiting for it to rise more. Tongue
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:41:09 PM

Yes i personally use it as my digital currency for paying online. I use it to send money to someone, to pay bills, and to buy something online. I prefered to use it because its fast and the process is very simple. It also amazing that you can buy something online without using the actual money.
eduinvestor

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 03:00:50 PM

I see bitcoin as an investment rather than to pay online

Building a business has never been so easy
Moon Funding : Crowdfunding & Development

Telegram And Whitepaper                               
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:06:59 PM

I do not think that people now often use bitcoin to make purchases. To do this, it is necessary to have an extensive infrastructure that allows such purchases. Now they are very few. Sometimes something can be ordered through the Internet, but this is not enough. Now bitcoin is most often used as a means of storing value. Some people use it for trading on the stock exchange.
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:09:57 PM

So far i only use bitcoin to buy something online once,but that's because it's very hard to find the shop that accept bitcoin as payment option. Most of them only accept credit card or paypal so i can't use bitcoin there. Hope this will change in the following years with more adoption.

Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:11:11 PM

I do not think that people now often use bitcoin to make purchases. To do this, it is necessary to have an extensive infrastructure that allows such purchases. Now they are very few. Sometimes something can be ordered through the Internet, but this is not enough. Now bitcoin is most often used as a means of storing value. Some people use it for trading on the stock exchange.
There is no enough infrastructure as well as options to use Bitcoin worldwide as a currency. Moreover, people never prefer Bitcoin as a currency but investment to grow their money. Replacing fiat in currency use is still not possible for cryptocurrencies because of added fees, less utility and transaction speed. And even people are not willing to use their BTC for everyday transactions.
Cindy1983

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:16:46 PM

Yes I am but it's still not popular in my country so I only use my Bitcoin to buy online games or some good from online store or shop that accept Bitcoin cause Bitcoin is not legalized in my country so it's not easy to use Bitcoin directly in here that why I often have to exchange my Bitcoin into cash to purchase or buy anything I need. The government in my country said that they will legalize Bitcoin in next 2 years but don't know how long it will take for this one.
Bukx

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:37:34 PM

So far no i do not use it for online payment. I only use bitcoin for trading tool.
I think i will use it for payment if i buy something online and the shop accept bitcoin as payment.
HanSchultz

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:45:05 PM

there are very few websites nowaday accept paying bitcoin, because bitcoin is less popular than paper money so websites dont want to use bitcoin because they think it is not worthy to waste money for digital currency.
That is not the real reason for majority of the websites not accepting bitcoin at this moment,the price of bitcoin has a huge fluctuation and the price could go up and down in a single day and that it is a real risk for the portals or business to start accepting it,if we could see more front ends that could help them then they would accept that.
TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:46:27 PM

As of now I am using btc to pay bill, buy cellphone load(recharge in other countries ), and shop online. And for your information gold was used as a currency back in the olden days and not as an investment like it is today. If btc is legalized there is a chance that it will be regulated and the bad part is that they can put tax in it once legalized and that is not a good thing so I would rather have bitcoin as it is.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:51:57 PM

I mainly hold my Bitcoin in my wallet rather than use it for paying online transactions. Because if I have other options to pay online then I will use it first before using my Bitcoin as using it right now will be a total waste of opportunity. Decreasing the Bitcoin I am holding will weaken my position of price appreciation. Right now when the Bulls are dominating the market it is better to wait rather than to use what you have or rather sell it at an early stage of the trend.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:55:50 PM

I used to use it to buy games from site like humblebundle but lately they don't accept bitcoin for the bundle they sold. Steam still accept bitcoin but it's a little bit expensive for me. The last time i use bitcoin to buy something is about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

There are a number of large gaming industries who are starting to accept bitcoin as a payment like Steam, Blizzard, etc. These show a strong example on how bitcoin can influence large organizations into using it as an alternative payment for credits. This reflects its success throughout the years and shows a good-sign on how bitcoin may attract not only the investment perspective but also the gaming perspective. Lastly, due to its flexible nature of a digital currency, it also has the potential of gaining new retailers or organizations that exist in the internet. With these, this may further strengthen its price which shows a positive sign on the upcoming future.
Dewi08

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:04:41 PM

If all online stores provide payments with bitcoin payouts then I think this is good, but there are still many countries that have not been so wide to receive payments with bitcoin as digital currency, of course every country has a government that does not want to take risks that could harm the community them, but it's back to that person holding bitcoin, how he can keep the bitcoin itself as a digital currency ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: