Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:10:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use BTC as a digital currency for paying online ?  (Read 3663 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

I used to buy Steam games for BTC, but since I'm not playing anymore I have no need for that. At the moment I'm waiting for a big EU online store to start accepting it so I can spend some money Wink I've been holding it for so long that it's really time to treat myself to some fun stuff.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:49:59 PM

I've never used BTC as a digital currency in any form. I've only bought some in the hopes that some day I will. It is amazing how much Bitcoin's price has increased over time. The fact that it is going up so high may make people weary of spending it. When something raises in value over time, people start developing a hoard mentality. When it starts to level out I expect more people to be active with spending and receiving bitcoin.
yeah people nowadays have no purpose to get involved with the real project of bitcoin as a transformation money. the next generation money that would become popular as time goes by. i won't deny that bitcoin are so promising as a digital asset , you put your money in bitcoin and just hold it as long as possible. but i always prefer to support the vision of satoshi to make bitcoin as a real digital currency.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
terrenceschroeder

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

I am a fan of Deeponion

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:07:36 PM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?
Or it’s just a form of investment like gold was a decade ago ?

Let me tell you a joke ok? Satoshi already left this forum for 7 years. LUL .
Last Active:   December 13, 2010, 04:45:41 PM
Check for yourself : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:15:46 PM

I've never used BTC as a digital currency in any form. I've only bought some in the hopes that some day I will. It is amazing how much Bitcoin's price has increased over time. The fact that it is going up so high may make people weary of spending it. When something raises in value over time, people start developing a hoard mentality. When it starts to level out I expect more people to be active with spending and receiving bitcoin.
yeah people nowadays have no purpose to get involved with the real project of bitcoin as a transformation money. the next generation money that would become popular as time goes by. i won't deny that bitcoin are so promising as a digital asset , you put your money in bitcoin and just hold it as long as possible. but i always prefer to support the vision of satoshi to make bitcoin as a real digital currency.
Definitely I don't use BTC as for payment online because I don't have an important thing to buy and also,the quality is not satisfying. Most of the time I use bitcoin as fiat after it has been a digitized currency for some weeks in my wallet. Through physical money,I can see and touch the products that can't be possible online. I prefer touching and looking at the products physically rather than just seen on screen.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:56:12 PM

Yes. I have made some transactions online and trust me its so flexible to use with little transaction charge.
wellsontheja

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:14:52 PM

Yes i usually use that for paying online like when i buy game or something in internet but for paying offline i usually change my bitcoin first into my local currency because in my country bitcoin still hasn't legalized so it's a bit hard for paying by bitcoin.
leisha

Activity: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:34:50 PM

I am not yet using bitcoin as a way of paying on online shopping but I wanted. If ever I found an online shop here in our country, I will use my bitcoin for payment.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:40:01 PM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?

I use my bitcoin to pay our bills online but never been use for merchant online. One bitcoin expert says that it is good to save your bitcoin but it is much better if you use it sothat so may know how it works and ofcourse to circulate bitcoin.

Alfinopogi

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 11:47:00 PM

yes i use btc for paying online like online shopping it also i pay btc in my steam accout to buy a games .
ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:15:57 AM

There is no option in my country to use Bitcoin for shopping. There's only one ATM in the airport to take cash for Bitcoin. I use Bitcoin for investment purposes. Already the price is changing so fast that I don't want  to use Bitcoin for shopping.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:08:41 PM

I only use Bitcoin for paying for things online. So far I have bought online from local sources the following. Xbox, ps3, console accessories like guns and memory cards. Electronics, printer, 3d printer, video games, clothing, coffee, coffee machine, PC hardware and many many other things and had it sent to my doorstep paid fully in bitcoin. I have also received refunds back in Bitcoin as well so it works well and has buyer protection. The refund o got was due to a transaction not being picked up on their side. They fixed it right away after I contacted them. I had my bitcoins refunded by the next morning. Also the emailed to follow up on my refund a couple of days later. This just goes to show Bitcoin is viable and works well.

AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:23:10 PM

I just keep))

ethereumwhite

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:57:58 AM

I just keep))

Yep  Grin
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490

Guard your privacy

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:52:02 AM

there are very few websites nowaday accept paying bitcoin, because bitcoin is less popular than paper money so websites dont want to use bitcoin because they think it is not worthy to waste money for digital currency.
That is not the real reason for majority of the websites not accepting bitcoin at this moment,the price of bitcoin has a huge fluctuation and the price could go up and down in a single day and that it is a real risk for the portals or business to start accepting it,if we could see more front ends that could help them then they would accept that.

I see..But more and more option there has been in the market to exchange it in fiat if you are an online shop's owner like Bitpay for example. I think I read it to let an e-commerce to accept Criptocurrencies and to trade it as soon as the transaction takes place. So for example it you sell any goods for 5$ and you want to play in BTC, it let you to pay with "that-moment-price" with a very low fee and the merchant receive the 5$ less fee in his wallet.

That a way if someone want to pay in BTC and the owner is scared about its fluctuation and want to be paid in fiat.
I see your point but what will the merchant get from it other than more customer base, I think exchanging bitcoin directly after receiving it from a customer is a non profitable way, however taking that and adding it to a pool and saving it until a fork comes is a better strategy because the whole idea behind earning bitcoin is to save it so you can make profit from its price increase.

It's a total different topic. I mean if someone wants to be be paid in their shop ONLY in fiat that's a way to obtain also those costumers who are willing to pay with Criptocurrencies - so we got the solution.

If and again I say IF the merchant is aware what it a Crypto and wants to take advantages of it and think about earning from it, it's another thing and still it's a good business tactics.
But he as also to pay their employees so they want to be paid in fiat he as to convert it in local currencies..if you understand what I mean
I'm utilizing bitcoin as a computerized cash and I'm paying Bitcoins for web based shopping now a days a large portion of individuals are utilizing and trusting Bitcoins that is the reason the majority of individuals now a days pay Bitcoins for internet shopping and this is presently usually utilized and after some time Bitcoins will likewise present as a money by each nation and gradually bitcoins will present as cash of entire world.

That was and have to be the goal to BTC and not just speculation and we have been seen for far by many players. Anyway it would be such a easy way to pay someone or something offline too. We need it as digital currency worldwide - we are just tired of those national currencies you have to exchange ( and pay large fee to the banks ) when you travel abroad  Angry

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490

Guard your privacy

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:56:54 AM

You got the point man!
That's the two opposite way of thinking that could cause an internal fight against who are willing to use it and those who instead wants only to hold it or speculate from it.

I personally think Satoshi had in his mind to create a digital currencies and make it spread all over the world to BE USED in every day life and to make it become more and more popular to at the end replace old local centralised currency.

Something however has been changed and we will see more in the next months hopefully  Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:01:10 AM

Yes I will start buying something with the use of bitcoin when is fully legalise in my country. This is because, at the moments there is no online shops or virtual shops that accept bitcoin as a mode of payment here in my country and that makes me to always convert it to dollar before I can make use of it to purchase things.  
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 10:52:18 AM

Actually I had already done paying using bitcoins on a certain game currency and it does not give me any issues on those transactions. When dealing on online transactions, I think using bitcoins was one of the best choice for paying online or digital goods and had only minimal problems which is only the delay(in just my own experience only).

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
reisuke24

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 10:55:54 AM

i never buy stuff on internet with bitcoin. if i have one i will exchange to regular money.
in my country you can make transaction use bitcoin just with people that accept bitcoin itself.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:28:48 AM

i never buy stuff on internet with bitcoin. if i have one i will exchange to regular money.
in my country you can make transaction use bitcoin just with people that accept bitcoin itself.

I've tried person to person purchase with btc already and it's a lot more convenient than other options. Though i don't think there are a lot of retailers or businesses that would transact with you this way yet

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:52:32 AM

Yes,I do use bitcoins to make online purchases but since its not accepted in major sites like amazon and all , I use it more for buying games and doing trades.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: