Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:12:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use BTC as a digital currency for paying online ?  (Read 3663 times)
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:27:37 PM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?
Or it’s just a form of investment like gold was a decade ago ?

I have used Bitcoins to make purchases at Overstock.com but I mostly hold what I have. It’s hard to justify spending Bitcoins when the value could double in a matter of months.

There’s also the issue of fees that add to the cost of using Bitcoin as a method of payment. Until that issue is resolved, I think Bitcoin will mostly be used as an investment and a store of value. That may be all it ever is which is fine as long as the price keeps going up or at least doesn’t back track.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:00:55 PM

Bitcoin likes Gold. It is too wasted on spending Bitcoin. It is suitable to invest.
Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:08:25 PM

I use bitcoin almost daily as crypto trader either as base currency or transit currency. I do not, however hold bitcoin for speculation.
onyek16M

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:13:28 PM

not yet, because i'm not see the onlineshop accept bitcoin yet so if want to use bitcoin for payment is difficult
so far i use bitcoin to my livelihood then not use for payment in online and offline store

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:13:34 PM

i usually use that for paying online like when i buy game or something in internet but for paying offline i usually change my bitcoin first into my local currency because in my country bitcoin still hasn't legalized so it's a bit hard for paying by bitcoin
yaking

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 03:15:58 PM

I make daily purchases with bitcoin, I even order food sometimes with bitcoin haha
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:34:22 PM

Yes I use BTC on paying my bills and for shopping also  and others.
It is very good to pay the bills with the bitcoin and the bitcoin is being world famous if we will hold the bitcoin and the bitcoin will have the big and the safe currency it is the time of the new age I hope the bitcoin will be the best currency in the coming time and I safe the bitcoin for the big currency I am now investing in the bitcoin and the bitcoin will afford everything for us now and then.
ardhigalau

Activity: 316

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:38:51 PM

Yes I sometimes pay some of my benefits with bitcoin, already many e-commerce that accept bitcoin and it makes all my business easier.
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490

Guard your privacy

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:29:14 PM

As a student, bitcoin is really useful for us to use in payments. We can use bitcoin to pay school tuition fees which lets us avoid long lines that moves without assurance. Sometimes the guards cuts the line and makes a lot of students angry. Base on my experience, i haved used bitcoin to pay something that i have bought online but i need to redeem or get my money from bitcoin thru a bank account. I think if bitcoin is legalized in our country, online payments with bitcoin would be possible.

Thanks for having shared your testimony mate.
That's pretty awesome what you wrote. It was first intended to be used as digital currency and avoid all the traditional way of payments that do not necessary mean illegal - so your example is just perfect!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:38:21 PM

yes sometimes I use bitcoin currency for online shopping that payments already using bitcoin facility, but I use bitcoin more often to trade, and it is true bitcoin owned by many people who bought it many years ago and invest it, and finally who invest bitcoin very satisfactory results.
Actually, I always used as currency and I usually it in online shopping and I prefer to used as payment than cash. In addition, I also often used in trading so that I could gain high income and we all know trading is the best sources of income. I hope all online shop will accept bitcoin as a payment of their costumer.
musaonliner

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 07:14:44 PM

yes sometimes I use bitcoin currency for online shopping that payments,  overall it's a very well,, I will investment 3years ago and finally I will get smart result!!!

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:17:54 PM

yes i use it ... its very simple and very easy to use bitcoin for paying bills here in the Philippines.
thats why i like so much this bitcoin ... i hope the philippines will not ban bitcoin here in our country
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:36:12 PM

yes sometimes I use bitcoin currency for online shopping that payments already using bitcoin facility, but I use bitcoin more often to trade, and it is true bitcoin owned by many people who bought it many years ago and invest it, and finally who invest bitcoin very satisfactory results.
Actually, I always used as currency and I usually it in online shopping and I prefer to used as payment than cash. In addition, I also often used in trading so that I could gain high income and we all know trading is the best sources of income. I hope all online shop will accept bitcoin as a payment of their costumer.
Now many people are investing in bitcoin, probably because of its expensive price and a very busy market with bitcoin trading Moreover the demand for bitcoin is many and always increases every year.
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:42:11 PM

As of the moment, I only hold my bitcoin as an investment. My country is limited to use bitcoin, There are several services supported yet. I hope in the near future digital currency will accepted even in grocery store.
Melquart

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:50:36 PM

I used it once for online payment just for fun. Now i'm using it only for trading and investing.

luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:14:08 AM

As a student, bitcoin is really useful for us to use in payments. We can use bitcoin to pay school tuition fees which lets us avoid long lines that moves without assurance. Sometimes the guards cuts the line and makes a lot of students angry. Base on my experience, i haved used bitcoin to pay something that i have bought online but i need to redeem or get my money from bitcoin thru a bank account. I think if bitcoin is legalized in our country, online payments with bitcoin would be possible.

I've experience that long lines when i was still a student and it is very annoying really. Good thing now that there is a website in my country where in i can easily exchange Bitcoin to Cash and from that i can pay bills like tuition fee, electric bills, water bills with the same website. I am using that for paying my electric bills and it is very useful because i don't need to go out anymore to pay those kind of bills.

That's amazing buddy.
You saw and test the benefit of the last technology and its distuption  Cool
Skipping lines is a way to earn time

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:17:12 AM

No. Because here in my country the banks still don't accept Bitcoins. But if you already converted the Bitcoin into real money, that real money will be accepted by the bank. But I hope in the future they will accept BTCs.

luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:19:54 AM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?

Smiley Hi, there luxcoin! As far as I know, there are only around seven countries that prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies. I agree with you stating Satoshi's aim of creating an alternative payment for internet commerce. Currently that dream is little by little realize as more company embrace the technological change of accepting cryptocurrency big names includes Microsoft, Newegg, Steam, and much more. However, most of the bitcoin holder prefer to earn more bitcoin rather than spend it which become the reason why most of the bitcoin transactions are conducted in the investment.    Wink

Yes, you're right! Unfortunally it is seen majority as form of investment right now and not used as every day digital form of payments.
The reason we mentioned before are basically these: cost of fees, time to block, be recognised legal by local goverments and its value that change costantly.

The next months are crucial and I bet we'll see something great changing Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:36:41 AM

In my country bitcoin can be use in paying utility bills(power and water bills), tuition fees in universities, insurance , government and credit card online. Personally i am using bitcoin for paying my monthly bills, buying loads including phone load and game card load. Im looking forward to use it in a grocery store soon.

Opurum

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

Just another random pre satoshi crypto freak

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:53:38 AM

I don't get it when people talk about bitcoin being accepted or not in a country. I think it is important to note that bitcnin is virtual and is only used in virtual space which spans beyond the physical borders of any country. So it can be used in any country fro any location and that possibility lies with the transacting parties only. In my country many online merchants accepts bitcoin, but that doesn't make bitcoin legal or the transactions illegal here. If the acceptance or legality of bitcoin is here misconstrued to mean official adoption by a country then I am afraid bitcoin is not legal any where in the world and may never be since no country would want to accomodte 2 legal tenders
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: