Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you use BTC as a digital currency for paying online ?  (Read 3663 times)
shindymlk

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:59:00 AM

yes sometimes I use bitcoin currency for online shopping that payments already using bitcoin facility, but I use bitcoin more often to trade, and it is true bitcoin owned by many people who bought it many years ago and invest it, and finally who invest bitcoin very satisfactory results.

i think so, if my country already using bitcoin to payment, i can buy everything online or offline shoping with bitcoin as payment.
i already using bitcoin to trading and do some project bounty to earn money from bitcoin..
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:59:53 AM

Yes many times.

As I am a webmaster and found A-Ads, AdBit, CoinURL and few other advertising networks which accepts Bitcoin payments to offer advertising services globally. I initially start with small amount of Bitcoins spending for running advertising campaigns successfully. It was great experience. Since from then I used Bitcoins for my domain and hosting services as Namecheap accept Bitcoin payments. After then for making recharge of Cell phones via Bitrefill many time.

But its a past with amazing experience, Now I am focusing on HODL.

That's great. I mean everyone who has been having Bitcoin for years has used in someway and they realised that is pretty awesome not to depend anymore from banks. That is really why is invented.

But when it started growing everyone thought it would be wise to hold it instead use it - so the main reason it first was thought makes no more sense. We can say it's a new gold and I go along with that idea. But as for now, if they does not resolve the scalability issue we cannot think we can use it as a form of daylife payment

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:05:14 AM

It was really the main motto of Satoshi Nakamoto to reduce or minimise the problems of common people. That is why he (?) introduced bitcoin a cryptocurrency. People who have digital payment facilities available in their countries are doing them same in their day to day life. But people from third world countries or some African countries are ready to use bitcoins, but lack of basic infrastructure facilities like internet, mobile wallets etc. preventing them from using bitcoin. In some countries the government itself is against use of bitcoins. So people are helpless.

That's true. And as a matter of fact the revolution of this new era comes from the third world countries that have enough of all that and start to think outside the box and they want their freedom ( if they ever have one) back from the governments and political corrupted.

We are living a moment of history here, and probably the Mark's theory would eventually realise - redistribution of the power - give power to the people. I know it's hard sentences but I really hope it becomes real because we all need it.

DO NOT TRUST BANKS ANYMORE

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:07:34 AM

hi

I think btc is hard to use to pay online because its speed is too slow.
are you think so?

No we don't think so. Bitcoin is mainly used online to pay online. Most of the companies accept the first confirmation and the 1st confirmation usually takes 10 to 15 mins if you pay the normal default fee. By paying a little more higher fee,  tx can be confirmed much earlier also. Also bitcoin is into transformation through forks and soon this issue of slow confirmation will be solved forever as more larger blocks would be there meaning much earlier confirmations.

While that is true on "normal" days, higher demand could derail it pretty quickly. Take the recent days for example. There are so many people trying to transact that the mempool got spammed. Even setting a high fee with an accelerator could take a while to confirm. I tend to stay away from using it at times like this, but yeah my transactions are pretty fast otherwise.

That's true. They have to fix that issue if the community of Bitcoin wants to continue to be number 1 of the cryptocurrency. It's a shame you have to set high fees to make them to consider to mine your transaction instead others.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
Glor45

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:11:15 AM

Now it is non economy to use bitcoins because it expensive to pay bitcoins, due to the very high transactions fee and the time it takes to get confirmations. It is simple to pay other fiats.
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:12:53 AM

Yes, I use bitcoin in my daily financial transaction since it helps me to manage my finances and provides me convenience.
Through the help of bitcoin I become more efficient and productive in my all task.
If you are using it now for your financial transactions on a daily basis ,then you would be spending a huge amount of money as transaction fees and with the price so high for every transaction you have to give a good amount of money,if not you have to plan your transaction per day and you have to figure it out to send them to everyone at once so that you can cut down on your transaction fees. Tongue

You're right!
That's a real and big problem BTC is facing today. However I'm quite optimist to think they'll resolve the scalability issue sooner or later so we can reconsider to use it like we used to do years ago when it wasn't such mainstream.

You pointed out a great example how to reduce fees nowadays: you have plan your transaction to put on them on single one so you can save such a fees! But you can only do that if you do not have to pay someone directly or online because they of course want to be paid when you purchase your order.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:14:10 AM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?
Or it’s just a form of investment like gold was a decade ago ?

I used to use it to buy things online but after the increase in value recent months i stopped using it anymore. The last time i use bitcoin is when i use it to buy ledger nano s. Right now bitcoin is only for investment for me because i feel like it's a waste to use it as payment option.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
luxcoin (OP)

Guard your privacy

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:15:03 AM

I have used LTC and BCH for making payments, but I am yet to use Bitcoins for the same. And now it is quite difficult to use Bitcoins, due to the very high transaction fee and the time it takes to get confirmations.

Yes, you're definitely stuck on the hole while you're waiting your transaction to be mined.
And that is no more tolerated.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
deeponion.org
cryptoblackhat

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:21:57 AM

I used to use BTC for common transactions, but that was like a year or two ago. These days the transaction fees (and subsequently confirmation times for "sane" transactions) are so high that I find it's not worth the effort. ETH transactions were ok until cryptokitties came out, but then it became similar to BTC.

The best options I see now are BCH, LTC, and XMR.
SlickTight

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:25:15 AM

Ofcourse, sometimes I use bitcoin currency for online shopping that payments already using bitcoin facility, but I use bitcoin more often to trade.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:27:43 AM

Actually it was really an advantage for those people who are using bitcoins as a digital currency because there are no tax and another thing is that the products value will be lesser rather than buying on physical store.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:27:49 AM

It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?

I always use bitcoins to purchase loads for my mobile phone. And if only there's another way or use it in other store online I'd like too. My bitcoins in my wallet was not only an investment but also like money literally that I always up to. I'm looking to buy clothes, food and basic needs online with my bitcoins here in my country.
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:31:42 AM

In my country this is a little difficult to do although there are a number of services that I can pay using bitcoin but I would like more choice and it would be very convenient to use bitcoin for this purpose
Blinker123

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:33:08 AM

Sometimes i use bitcoin currency for paying online shopping and bills, but recently i stop using bitcoin for payment because its value is increasing.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:35:00 AM

I used to use it to buy things online but after the increase in value recent months i stopped using it anymore. The last time i use bitcoin is when i use it to buy ledger nano s. Right now bitcoin is only for investment for me because i feel like it's a waste to use it as payment option.
I did as well but after this recent price hype I wasn't able to it again, as I save it for my investment knowing that the value will keep increasing
so instead of using it I used regular fiat or credit card to pay online keeping my bitcoin safe and secure for my long term goal.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:41:58 AM

Actually it was really an advantage for those people who are using bitcoins as a digital currency because there are no tax and another thing is that the products value will be lesser rather than buying on physical store.
True , but when Bitcoin go public to used it as an official currency, government will always looking for a way to tax it. Jeez .... Greedy government even we know it for the better thing, we always hard to trust government they are corrupt Sad . I personally used Bitcoin to buy stuff online/offline since long time ago.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:35:30 AM

I did as well but after this recent price hype I wasn't able to it again, as I save it for my investment knowing that the value will keep increasing
so instead of using it I used regular fiat or credit card to pay online keeping my bitcoin safe and secure for my long term goal.
I do the same...I use the usual currency in my daily life, because I find that bitcoin is not ready for being used regularly yet... I don't see such strength in it
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:45:25 AM

I haven't tried using btc as a medium for my payments online but even if online sites would allow such option, I wouldn't opt still to use my btc to buy something online. Honestly, it's such a waste to use it on something. I'd rather use my btc for investments instead.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:36:45 PM

Most games just take the money because it's easy to send, the people that play games with Bitcoin often lose their coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:41:29 PM

No I didn't because I don't want to spend my bitcoin yet. If I will use my bitcoin now to pay for some purchased items online, I will have no profit. So that's the reason why I don't want to spend it yet. Maybe if it is already the right time and it is already acceptable in online shop here in our country, then I will surely do that. For now, I will just save it first.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: