Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam or real ico  (Read 1498 times)
Jameseversmile (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:12:51 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 08:25:20 PM by Jameseversmile

Their are so many ongoing ico, am finding it hard to differentiate between scam and good ico, which one do you think is worth investing in?
blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:21:40 PM

was disccues hundred times !
you have to talk with them after that you could decide if you want to invest or not..

Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:24:52 PM

i can tell you i invested in electroneum. I do not think it is a scam , their team is very transparent and this ico is on the news and many websites. You can check the link in my signature for more info Smiley

crazyhashmanz

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:24:58 PM

the goal of the project, team experience, earned money these are the 3 most important things.
you should research the project thoroughly

THRIVE            ▄█▄
        ▄▄█████
   ▄▄██████████
 ▄███████████▀

████████▀▀▀
████▄▄  ▄▄██▄
▀████████████
  ▀█████████▀
  ▐██████▀▀
  ▐███▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀████
    █████▀▀
    ▀█
THE PREMIUM
DECENTRALIZED
AD MARKETPLACE
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████
███████▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██░░░░░░███
███░░░░▄███▀▀▄▄███░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄█████░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░█▀░▀██░░░░░░████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░░▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████▄░░░░███████▀░░░▄█████
███████░░░░█████▀░░░░██████
███████░░░░░███▀░░░░░██████
███████░█░░░░█▀░▄░░░░██████
███████░██░░░░░▄█░░░░██████
███████░███░░░▄██░░░░██████
█████▀░░░▀██░▄██▀░░░░▀█████
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:41:29 PM

The word "Scam" is used too often nowadays.

Yes, there are ico's that straight up steal your money.
With a minimum amount of research you can spot these a mile away.

Most icos aren't a straight up scam but a result of an incompetent team, a shit product or even a product that hasn't been made yet, no development, mismanagement of funds, and on and on.

You know, problems that failed businesses all have in common.

Approach an ico like a real investor, not a wishful thinker who hopes, "This will make me a millionaire by next year!!!"

Would you give your money to a company that has little to no experience, has grammatical errors on their page, doesn't have a development roadmap, copies others projects or ideas, asks you to invest but keeps most of the wealth of the company to themselves, doesn't have anything to show for their work, won't communicate with you in a professional way? etc?

Smoothmazi

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:52:45 PM

All ICO's are scams until they start being regulated Angry. Some kid with his apple mac is soon gonna create another Ico and scam lots of folks again... Angry

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:01:03 PM

All ICO's are scams until they start being regulated Angry. Some kid with his apple mac is soon gonna create another Ico and scam lots of folks again... Angry

This topic has been arising more and more recently but the statement "All ICO's are scams until they start being regulated" is not true because they are lots of ICO s which are working on their projects from their hearts and very hard thus you cant say that they are scammers just because there is no regulation in place.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:43:54 AM

Most of these ico are created to scam so many people and for rising the price of a useless coin and project, I believe that most of them are overrated, since a lot of the people invest in them to get much money from a single investment.
I do not suggest you to be in one of these ico's, since you are probably going to be scammed, a lot of ico's have been announced in the last days, and most of them are shady projects.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

subG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:48:54 AM

It depends what your definition of a real ico is?  I would say a scam ico is a project that is ran by a person with no intentions of following through what they have stated in their white paper.  They pretty much just run off with your money.  You just need to research about the team and that will help eliminate some scams. 
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:54:17 AM

Not every ICO is scammed, there are many ICOs that go along with it's schedule and a lot of people make some money from it. If you are an ICO enthusiast, before you invest in it, learn about it. Before the ICO was developed, there was a lot of information for your marketing campaign. This article on reddit on bitcointalk everything you have can see that all goes as scheduled that it out so that you can make a decision whether to put money on it or not. I never buy ICO because it is very likely to scam or maybe not very close to a betting

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:15:02 AM

My current 2 favorite are Etherparty and Worldcore. Worldcore is an existing product with a large base of users. From non-ICO coins I think Waves and Metal still have room to increase in value.
samlaode

Activity: 674

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:27:47 AM

I think that almost ICO is scam that is why I invest my money with them a small amount or never. I see a lot of ICOs in this year and the number of successful ICOs are very low. Nothing is absolute, some ICOs very potential.
tokencorgi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:19:54 AM

Do research on promising ico and avoid scammers.
I am looking at 2x ico return, heres my presale list

1. Quantstamp - security
2. MindsportsIO -chess,poker,go
3. Dmarket - gamers
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:31:59 AM

Already did Unikoingold. Solid deal, but more long-term.

Anyone have thoughts on cybermiles???
Franko30

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:55:17 AM

Their are so many ongoing ico, am finding it hard to differentiate between scam and good ico, which one do you think is worth investing in?
I can suggest you Confideal, they will start ICO in November. I check it in my scam indicators, and I think this projects can't be scam. I hope, because i plan to invest in. Very understandable idea, good team and background, demo version of products..looks good
IAMHardCoin299

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:12:22 PM

I can suggest you Confideal, they will start ICO in November. I check it in my scam indicators, and I think this projects can't be scam. I hope, because i plan to invest in. Very understandable idea, good team and background, demo version of products..looks good

But we dont see ICO from cover , u must research about them.
Research about their team , and see the roadmap.
Research about some ICO for investment is important , because some ICO can be scam.
But i recommend u see ICO from this website , maybe you find a good reference.
This : https://www.coinschedule.com/
Hope this can help you 

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:56:53 PM

The word "Scam" is used too often nowadays.

Yes, there are ico's that straight up steal your money.
With a minimum amount of research you can spot these a mile away.

Most icos aren't a straight up scam but a result of an incompetent team, a shit product or even a product that hasn't been made yet, no development, mismanagement of funds, and on and on.

You know, problems that failed businesses all have in common.

Approach an ico like a real investor, not a wishful thinker who hopes, "This will make me a millionaire by next year!!!"

Would you give your money to a company that has little to no experience, has grammatical errors on their page, doesn't have a development roadmap, copies others projects or ideas, asks you to invest but keeps most of the wealth of the company to themselves, doesn't have anything to show for their work, won't communicate with you in a professional way? etc?

You're totally right in the fact people are just giving these projects way too much money..it's just getting crazy.

Do your research and invest through using that.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:20:42 PM

Well, if your going to invest in one of the ICO, the easiest way to determined it for me is by checking the thread itself, the more the participant, the more chances that it will be successful, You can also check on their white page, read it very carefully, if you can assume that the project is really realistic, I think its not a scam.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:35:14 PM

If you want a successful project then you should pay attention to many aspects that can show that the project is made with the real purpose is to introduce the project and also make the investors benefit. look at starting from the vision and mission of the project, what will be done by the project, the cooperation to be achieved during the project is implemented and the most important is who the team joined in the project. I think that's enough to ensure that the project can at least succeed and provide a profit dividend to investors. use good analysis to get good results too.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 01:41:01 PM

I think it's not too hard to find a good and potential  ICO, if we  learn and look for the review of each project, with actively looking for reviews by studying the purpose of the project, to know who the team founder and whether the goal of project  will really solve the problem. In addition to study the whitepaper, we can find other reviews in this forum, github, on youtube and telegram group ICO discussion. And usually if their official group telegram many members there, the ICO is likely to be successfull and legit.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: