Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:57:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why most alt coins price is dropping down?  (Read 2295 times)
krhnrhn

Activity: 462
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:20:07 PM

Please calm down and do not sell your altcoins! You should just wait hard fork at 25 october! And after altcoins will rise again. Good luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:45:40 PM

As a long term holder I would not panic, since the build up to bitcoin cash the alt market took a hit but there are many examples of successful alts since, the same thing is happening now with bitcoin gold coming, you also have large incentive to convert alt coins back to bitcoin with the free drops that come with the fork, people then cash out the free coins driving the price back down, once this happens the big gig is over and people go back to altcoins for larger returns.

A few thing that can cause alt drops..
- A huge bitcoin pump, people cash out to fiat and buy bitcoin back low, you drop altcoins to do this.
- Bitcoin crashes after a stable period and people panic about the overall market, they've all been wrong to date.
- Any big news which causes fear, chinese ico news for example or big name investors making comments.
- More factors ofcourse but you can see these above ones in recent times, fear seems to be one of the big drivers.

What we see coming next year looks to be stability after the forks, general good news for crypto in 2018 and overall things will only go up.
If you can sell/buy the high low points along the way you can profit but key is to not be fearful of small market change.

You also have to look at the price of some alts, they are still very high compared to 8-12 months ago, digibyte was as low as 20 sats earlier in the year and as high as 2000, that is not sustainable, recent times have put it around 200 sats, this is still 10 fold after a massive crash, people do not make that level of profit in such a short time and not pull out, look for slower growing coins for stability.

Hold your coins or profit from the waves, don't panic out, 2018 will only be bigger and the market isn't getting smaller.
My 2c Smiley
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 12:59:39 PM

The altcoins are dumping and crashing, because it might that investers are buying Botcoin and
selling altcoins or people feared that hardforks of BTC on 25 october , and also this situation makes altcoins comes down so not big worry for that altcoins crashing but I think if you have good money to invest for long term, buy altcoin or if have altcoins and that in loss hold it.

coinmediaco (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:26:06 PM

Please calm down and do not sell your altcoins! You should just wait hard fork at 25 october! And after altcoins will rise again. Good luck.

thanks for your advice.
i will wait after fork, and then will sell all alt coins and will only keep with bitcoin.
bitcoin price is always getting up
Latinast

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:27:17 PM

The altcoins are dumping and crashing, because it might that investers are buying Botcoin and
selling altcoins or people feared that hardforks of BTC on 25 october , and also this situation makes altcoins comes down so not big worry for that altcoins crashing but I think if you have good money to invest for long term, buy altcoin or if have altcoins and that in loss hold it.

People are selling altcoin so that they can get Bitcoin gold and Seg2x.
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:34:09 PM

People are selling altcoin so that they can get Bitcoin gold and Seg2x.
Usually altcoins price dropping down because of this upcoming hard fork. Actually, this is normal situation of altcoins price but the good thing during downtrend you can collect and buy altcoins, eventually the value will recover. The good time to buy and wait for the price to grow.
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:15:50 PM

I think that now it's time to buy altcoins. They will definitely go to the top and you do not even doubt it. I do not understand why all ran to buy bitcoin to get the gold bitcoin? I think that this is a pure scam so that big players could sell bitcoins to them at 6300 and then buy again for 4,500.
ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:41:11 PM

thanks for your advice.
i will wait after fork, and then will sell all alt coins and will only keep with bitcoin.
bitcoin price is always getting up

so do you think swimming again river's current is a great idea? i wish you good luck... in fact, for doing things just the otherway around they should be done...  you will really need much more than luck..

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
africa34

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

PlayYourBet.com - 100% Deposit Bonus Up to €2000

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:38:43 PM

the price dropping down because most trader transfer altcoins to btc to benifit bitcoinGold , i think this is the last week of price dropping down , after october all alt coins will return to real price .

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▄▀███████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████▀██▀▄▀██▀██████▄
▄███▀▄▀██▄▀███▀▄██▀▄▀███▄
█████▄██▄███▄▀▄███▄██▄█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▀██▀▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▀▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▀▀██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀███▄▄▄█████▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
▀████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
♦  LIVE SLOTS
♦  ROULETTE
♦  MANY MORE
[ BTC ] bitcoin ACCEPTED
█████████▄▄▄███▄▄
█████▄██████████▄
███▄██████████████
▄████▀▄▄▄█▀▄▄▄██
███████▄██████
▀▀▀███▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
██████▀▀████████▀
█████████▀▀████▀
CURACAO
LICENSED
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
caeles

Activity: 304

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:16:33 PM

Most of altcoins' price are dropping down because bitcoin's price is rising. Almost all of the altcoins are dependent to bitcoin and they are inversely proportional; meaning if bitcoin will price down, altcoins will price up, and if bitcoin price up, altcoins will price down.

hpmp

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:18:10 PM

any altcoin without a market will be dead in days after appearing on exchanges

no market = no reason to exist
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:45:51 PM

This is due to the upcoming hardfork of btc and since most of the altcoins somehow rely or makes btc as its indicator, this explains why most of them are going down. although you have to be patient with this because if not and you will your coins, you'll probably regret it because this is just temporary. Values will soon rise as soon as btc have recovered from the said fork.

mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:41:48 PM

This is due to the upcoming hardfork of btc and since most of the altcoins somehow rely or makes btc as its indicator, this explains why most of them are going down. although you have to be patient with this because if not and you will your coins, you'll probably regret it because this is just temporary. Values will soon rise as soon as btc have recovered from the said fork.

I agree with you this is the reason I see why altcoins dropping down the price. The hard fork is upcoming and users tends to buy more bitcoin to have bitcoin gold. Yet, the best time to buy altcoin our chance to buy  at the cheap price because altcoin price will be high.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:25:53 AM

Like it or not, there will always be an inverse correlation between the price of bitcoin and most altcoins, so that when the price of bitcoin remains strong and growing, many investors will be taking their investments out from the altcoins to go to safety and put their capital into bitcoins. This is a very conservative way of operating in the markets, and therefore it is not surprising that it is also happening in the altcoins market.
antonio88s

Activity: 423
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:57:53 AM

Anyone knows why most alt coins price is dropping down?

i invest in many coins (+10) and all of them are dropping.
is this happens with all alt coins or only with ones i invested in ?

I think it's because the price of BTC is down and in this month BTC will do hardfork for BTC Gold.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 03:23:13 AM

This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.

i know there is fork for bitcoins.
but altcoin prices was always getting down, even before they say about fork.

i want to stop investing with altcoins, and i don't feel price will get higher when fork complete.

i don't know why some people support altcoin, bitcoin is the only one which has increasing price over the years.
we should stop supporting altcoins, people will lose their money if they invest with altcoins.
It is common for the price of an altcoin to go down after an ICO because of the advertisers selling their coin to exchange as a reward for their hardwork. As I see the trend it takes up to one year to make huge profit from the coin after an ICO.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
bonghip

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

bông

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:41:17 AM

This all is because of upcoming hardforks of BTC 25 October and November. Take a look at Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x. Everybody will get the same amount of new coins as they had during hardfork. There are many same threads here at this section.
Because people are selling altcoin and buy Bitcoin then they waiting for segx2 and getting free BTG.
Maybe altcoin will rise again when near segx2 or later. I think you should stock some Bitcoin.

DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 03:46:57 AM

Anyone knows why most alt coins price is dropping down?

i invest in many coins (+10) and all of them are dropping.
is this happens with all alt coins or only with ones i invested in ?
We are just 5 days away from the October 25 event which is the hard fork. Some Altcoin holder would like to receive Bitcoin Gold airdrop and for them to receive BCG, they need BTC in their wallets. So if they have Altcoins now, they will sell those alts and wait until fork is over. That's why alts price are falling, its like nobody wants it for now. But, if you don't want to receive BCG, you can take this as an opportunity to buy Alts at low price. This is also the reason why BTC price is up.
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:49:10 AM

Many reasons why Alt coins are dumping.  People sell to get into BTC for the upcoming fork.  Also, most of the alt coins have already pumped and have to make it through their cycle... basically going flat as they find their floor. 
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:55:10 AM

In my own opinion,  altcoins are in red flags because of the bitcoin fork. Lots of people are selling their altcoins to have bitcoin gold on the 25th. For me this is a good time for buying altcoins as it may increase after the fork.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: