Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: where do I place 100k?  (Read 1839 times)
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:40:50 AM

should it be invested in bitcoin and hold?

or

should it be invested in alt coins?

and why or what will make it sustainable via etc vs. alt investment

If you want a safer way to do it, the best way is the bitcoin way. But what currency are you referring to with your 100 thousand? Is it the US dollar? If it is, that is a very large capital for your crypto investment. I guess, the surest way to earn without having to risk a bigger danger is bitcoin. And do not buy or sell that. I would rather have you hodl them until it will more than double in amount.

I think some portion need to use for a trading person if person knowing how to do trading and some portion of investments can be held for long term.
I think my 100 k some of it I invest and trading so my money continue growing. I build a small business and I want to buy a house and a car for my family. Invest in bitcoin is good choice because your will secure and safe so you dont worry about it. If you have a big money like this you just save it for your future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:45:12 AM

or

Set up a Trezor, and get an account at a place like coinbase. Start buying at small amounts like $500USD and practice moving it to the hardware wallet.

Then do larger amounts, like $5000USD.

Spread the risk out this way. Then pretty soon you will have the entire amount secure in an offline cold storage. Keep a few hundred USD/0.1BTC in the coinbase/whatever as fun money.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:47:49 AM

Yes invest to bitcoin and hold, some will say that don't fully invest that $100k  to bitcoin but for me that's the best investment that you can earn quickly.

The movement of bitcoin's price is very fast so you can also earn fast with that big investment.

Some will also say that you have to diversify your capital to different alt coins and not only to bitcoin and if you think that you are comfortable to do that, do it.

ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:51:45 AM

Honestly, the question of whether to invest in crypto-currencies becomes ridiculous. Is it really difficult to go to Google and see statistics on some crypto-currencies over the last 7 years? They are constantly growing, if you keep them and keep them. It is a fact. And they will grow, as they carry a lot of perspectives to the modern world.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

or

I think it will be better if you will invest it to Alternative coins whom do you think has a potential similar to bitcoin and Ethereum. With a great luck that 100k of yours can make you a millionaire just choose a good coin like Ripple, NEM or IOTA  Wink

Actually to be able to get a lot of advantage I think bitcoin is a selection of the most important thing to do, because it's been proven with certainty the bitcoin and many penggua who already has many advantages. But if indeed you want to invest in addition bitcoin, then it would be much better to invest in ICO. Because there we have a greater opportunity to profit, but it must be done the right way

rxone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:56:40 AM

you should invest in bitcoin not in altcoins, when the bitcoin price will go up then the prices of altcoins will be dump, but if you want to invest in altcoin only invest a new altcoin that has a potential to increase. I prefer invest bitcoin because for me bitcoin is for long term investment.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:16:42 PM

you should invest in bitcoin not in altcoins, when the bitcoin price will go up then the prices of altcoins will be dump, but if you want to invest in altcoin only invest a new altcoin that has a potential to increase. I prefer invest bitcoin because for me bitcoin is for long term investment.

What you said is perfect because i have also seen that what ever a good project other coins can have but their value will always swing and it will go down any time, but in BTC the price will always move up and it always have got value so when ever get chance just buy it dont see the price as the current price will be lower in the future.
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:04:52 PM

If I had 100k like you, I would go straight into Bitcoin. Bitcoin value has been increasing a lot recently and it will probably continue. Altcoins value mostly depend on Bitcoin. Ethereum hasn't grown as much as Bitcoin did. You also earn some money on hard forks. Not all of them are worth a lot but it's still a nice amount of money to have to pay for example for dinner in the restaurant etc.
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:44:22 PM

I would suggest you to split the money in different assets .
Don't invest all you have in one single asset ,it isn't a good strategy,
Like buying BTC of full100K can make profit but you can make even more profit out of it by splitting the investment in different altcoins .
There are many alt coins on the crypto world with good potential to come up like ETH , riple , LTC etc:- .

Buy before investing in any altcoins you should have a brief knowledge about the value of the altcoin itself and should also know the appropriate time to buy them.
ceremonita

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 05:49:07 PM

If you are really decided to spend that money you better wait for now because a fork is happening , bitcoin is high , too many ico's so yea , it's like a storm but if you search good enough you will find good ICO's and alts. Better wait for bitcoin to have it's correction and then join into alts for quick profits.

Bitcoin is always much better than other altcoins and ICOs, if you ask me. At least, it's guaranteed to maintain a solid demand on there. In altcoins and tokens, there is no demand really. Their market is very bearish. I would go for bitcoin.
kittie11

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:26:40 AM

The one who caught my eye is Propthereum.io. They are an upcoming asset backed coin. If you are interested in investing in ICOs, i suggest you check them out. They are expecting a 1566% coin appreciation in a short period of time.
Proceeds from their ICO will be used to buy A-grade property worlwide which will generate rental income. You might want to check it out.
Freyya08

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:45:08 AM

I am a firm believer of diversifying coin though i don't have much coins in my account now. With the amount you have, i guess it is best to invest maybe 70% of it in bitcoin and the rest in altcoin so you will have a wider opportunity of growth. However, when you invest in altcoins, you must choose the altcoins that have a huge potential of growth.

daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:48:07 AM

If you are really decided to spend that money you better wait for now because a fork is happening , bitcoin is high , too many ico's so yea , it's like a storm but if you search good enough you will find good ICO's and alts. Better wait for bitcoin to have it's correction and then join into alts for quick profits.

OP's don't have to wait for that, if he feels that he should invest his money to bitcoin or in Trading then we couldn't do anything about it, besides, most of the time, if the bitcoin is Dumping, most of the Altcoins are also in the DUMP state so it is a good chance to buy some, of course also bitcoin, then hold it, wait for its correction and then sell it, the result is the profits that you could never imagine.
imamimam1234

Activity: 316
Merit: 101

The Winner Stands Alone

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 03:56:56 AM

Donate to ICO, with good interests or offers, or maybe you initiate a new coin, do some airdrop and finally throw it to ICO. But if you want to buy some major crypto better hold to rate down a little bit by the way that's enough capital for a person. CMIIW Smiley
Baser

Activity: 658
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:06:30 AM

or

I do not recommend it in the short span. If you invest in ICOs, you will be profitable. Also the market is very dangerous. Bitcoin ruined everything.
Siddela Sarat Kumar

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:19:14 AM

Looking at the current value of bitcoin. I would ask you to invest in altcoins which can be trading for good amount of profits.
Buying a bitcoin and holding it for long term also can get you fair amount of profits , but it's just that it can't get you that good amount of money in short term.
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:28:14 AM

or

I think that buying and holding Bitcoins would be your best Option if you want to earn good amounts of profits as Bitcoin, without any doubt if the most popular crypto available in the market. It has alot of potential to grow and you can easily expect it's price to be above 10,000$ by end of this year or so.
You can also buy and hold some progressive altcoin like ethereum if you are looking for short term investments but i would only recommend Bitcoin in the long run.
rohqit

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:42:17 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 12:04:43 PM by rohqit

everyone obviously pushing bitcoin (bitcoin site) but do the math before jumping all into bitcoin. The first thing is that you need to set at minimum a standard risk:reward ratio of 1:2 because even though you are unlikely to lose all 100k,  you ARE none the less risking that ENTIRE amount (theft, error, regulation, disaster etc).

Given that R:R of 1:2 you need to make 200k profit. At 7k-8k per coin you can buy at most 12-13 Bitcoins with 100k, which means the price would have to rise to about 15,000 per coin.

You have to decide if that will happen within your time frame or ever. People who already have hundreds of coins are chanting loudly 1 million per coin, sure, maybe, but to me bitcoin is now a game only whales and the sheep that follow them play. You can make money but 100k is peanuts for bitcoin riches now. Yes, do bitcoin but make sure you have a good portion in alts where risk:reward is more attainable if you do research and are not greedy. This thing is too new to ignore that option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: