Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinity.org/markets - live bitcoin price charts  (Read 211475 times)
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 11:47:17 AM

After using it for a bit, there is one thing I would like changed.

Since there is a lag between changes on the tiny-scale bars and the full, linear scale depth graph, large changes on orders are displayed as some kind of overshooting bar with unknown height at first. I don't really care about micro-movements, so I'd like an option to make the bars log scale or larger linear scale.

I'm aware that many people have issues with log scale, and I also like being able to just add areas -- but maxing out at 400 BTC orders is too low if there is any serious movement. If you want a quick fix, how about doubling to 800 for Mt. Gox?

Settings are always cool though. That way, everybody gets the kind of view he likes. Smiley
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bloody Bell

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:47:16 PM

And my laptop isn't really new but chrome is using some 30% cpu when the page is open. It would be great if you could optimize that.
I've worked on this first because I thought that may be really annoying. Do you see any improvement after refreshing page?

Yes, it seems to be better now, thank you, really awesome work!
TurboK

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:16:08 AM

One thing I noticed, the 3 day and 7 day options make no sense. The time axis only shows about 28 or 30 hours instead of the 3/7 days. Judging from the scarcity of the trade bars, I guess it still processes the entire table, it just doesn't "shrink" it to the displayed size.

I guess you are looking at mtgox. Mtgox only has data for about 30 hours during last 7 days. For tradehill these should look better.

Indeed. That's how I noticed it, I was checking to see if it displayed that long flat 17.51 line. Now, a day later, it certainly looks more logical.

I see you added dates next to the timestamps, can I ask you to put a linebreak between them? It would be easier to read than this:

12zJNWtM2HknS2EPLkT9QPSuSq1576aKx7

Tradehill viral bullshit code: TH-R114411
TurboK

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 02:36:47 PM

Another thing. You know how the bars in the upper window get a color change as I hover over them? It would be nice if they also got a popup windows next to the cursor that details what the bar means in exact numbers.

12zJNWtM2HknS2EPLkT9QPSuSq1576aKx7

Tradehill viral bullshit code: TH-R114411
skyhigh

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:06:46 PM

If you are looking at http://bitcoinity.org/markets?exchange=all

I would change the position of the current price you have in the upper right corner. I would move it to the upper left side into the chart itself and make it smaller. In the position where you have current price right now, I would change it to show bid ask on each of the exchanges.

Also I would enable previous trades to show more than only last 20 trades. You could run it 10 pages deep, so we would be able to see last 200 trades.

All in all pretty decent site.
iBug

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:29:43 AM

You're doing a great job, comboy !

Since more and more users are trading on Bitcoin7, it would be nice if you could include that exchange as well (if possible and if you got the time).

Bitcoin7 USD
Ticker Data: http://bitcoin7.com/api/charts/USD/ticker.json
Market Depth: http://bitcoin7.com/api/public/getDepth.php?currency=usd
Recent Trades: http://bitcoin7.com/api/public/getHistory.php?currency=usd

Bitcoin7 EUR
Ticker Data: http://bitcoin7.com/api/charts/EUR/ticker.json
Market Depth: http://bitcoin7.com/api/public/getDepth.php?currency=eur
Recent Trades: http://bitcoin7.com/api/public/getHistory.php?currency=eur
AA666

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 10:53:00 AM

Really very good job, one of most needed tools with clear visual market capacity and good design.

I'm also bet for bitcoin7 support, they have very good and responsible support if so.

Perhaps, is it possible to make green news message to disappear after it have been read:

30 Jun, 10:00 GMT: I'm currently pretty busy with personal stuff, but I'll have a lot of upgrades for you in about 3 days when I have more time. If you experience any problems with charts, please leave some info in the forum thread. I'll later check each one and fix if possible. Thanks.
datguywhowanders

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:04:50 PM

First off, love your site. Leave it open at work all day Wink

Another user suggested closing the window of the depth chart. I'd like to ask instead of that couldn't be changed to allow certain ranges from the current price. For example, maybe $0.50 in either direction, then $1, $2, and finally $5.

Also, agree, the more options the better, and a collapsed or scrolling view of the recent trades beyond 20 would be nice.

Keep up the awesome work!

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 10:54:01 PM

The combined order book is something that I've been looking into myself. I'm not sure exactly how to do it, given that some overlap will exist between exchanges while we have arbitrage opportunities.

How are you combining the depth data from both markets?

k

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 11:57:34 PM

really nice work. best looking charts i've seen.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 12:07:33 AM

I solved my issue with not seeing any charting with explorer, I just use chrome to view your page..

I have to say also, very good looking page... 

I'll be donating to your whiskey fund soon.. Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 09:47:56 AM

So the guru thats designed this program is expected back shortly and has some new upgrades and features to impliment (as if this program isnt one of the if not the best Bitcoin program out there already..)

Hows everyone been going with it while he's been away? For me I've not had a glitch with it. I couldnt imagine trading Bitcoin w/o it.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
comboy (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 12:46:01 PM

Perhaps, is it possible to make green news message to disappear after it have been read:

I've added link to hide message, but for now it will reappear after every refresh (I'll think of something better)

Since there is a lag between changes on the tiny-scale bars and the full, linear scale depth graph, large changes on orders are displayed as some kind of overshooting bar with unknown height at first. I don't really care about micro-movements, so I'd like an option to make the bars log scale or larger linear scale.

I kept constant scale earlier because it seemed not practical for me to have to look at the scale every time I was looking at the chart. Log scale seems better indeed, so I've changed it.

Another user suggested closing the window of the depth chart. I'd like to ask instead of that couldn't be changed to allow certain ranges from the current price. For example, maybe $0.50 in either direction, then $1, $2, and finally $5.

I've added some basic depth chart zooming. Not sure if that's the most practical way and maybe some predefined ranges will be better indeed.

More changes coming are coming. I'll hopefully update you tomorrow. Thanks for all good words and for filling up my Jack Daniels bottle.

Ah, and mtgox websocket API is partially back, so it's trades are shown in realtime again.

Variance is a bitch!
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 01:40:07 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2011, 11:09:24 PM by Vandroiy

I kept constant scale earlier because it seemed not practical for me to have to look at the scale every time I was looking at the chart. Log scale seems better indeed, so I've changed it.

Thanks! Now, we don't have all the interesting orders overshooting anymore. I personally would love a way to set upper and lower end though -- the range I find most interesting (200~2000) is only one block small now. With the scale lines so dim, it's sometimes hard to make out the larger changes. If I was able to set the top and bottom end of the log scale, it would be even more awesome.

The 0 in the center makes no sense on log scale though, it must be a ±1. Also, I would make the minimum at least 10. Nobody in his right mind cares about an accumulated order change of size 8 BTC or so.

If you have the time, nerve and wish to make it perfect, I recommend the following:

• switch for log/lin scale
  • setting for upper limit, including the option "automatic"
  • setting for lower limit if log scale is chosen
  • default either to linear automatic or linear max 2000 (Not that I care about defaults, but that's what I'd choose.)

I might drop you a BTC if you do that. Smiley

Last but not least: Thanks for the zoom! It is awesome! Grin

Edit: I'm having issues with nonsensical bars appearing. Red up far to the left, and red down far to the right.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 03:57:20 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 08:06:42 AM by Oldminer

The site is taking forever to load today Sad

Edit: problems seem to be mainly in my Android phone. Site sometimes wont load at all. If it does eventually the numbers to the right of the graph are only half visible.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
comboy (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:58:05 PM

The site is taking forever to load today Sad
Edit: problems seem to be mainly in my Android phone. Site sometimes wont load at all. If it does eventually the numbers to the right of the graph are only half visible.

Could not reproduce. Works fine on my android. Anyone having similar problems? Maybe I'll try to prepare some more phone-friendly version, possibly just putting everything one under another could do?

Thanks! Now, we don't have all the interesting orders overshooting anymore. I personally would love a way to set upper and lower end though -- the range I find most interesting (200~2000) is only one block small now. With the scale lines so dim, it's sometimes hard to make out the larger changes. If I was able to set the top and bottom end of the log scale, it would be even more awesome.

The 0 in the center makes no sense on log scale though, it must be a ±1. Also, I would make the minimum at least 10. Nobody in his right mind cares about an accumulated order change of size 8 BTC or so.

If you have the time, nerve and wish to make it perfect, I recommend the following:

• switch for log/lin scale
  • setting for upper limit, including the option "automatic"
  • setting for lower limit if log scale is chosen
  • default either to linear automatic or linear max 2000 (Not that I care about defaults, but that's what I'd choose.)

Your points are all valid. I guess I'll just add a few possibilities in settings and see what people like the most.

Edit: I'm having issues with nonsensical bars appearing. Red up far to the left, and red down far to the right.

Red down on the right? (on the right all dawn should be green) can you screenshot (+OS and browser may help)?

There are some glitches with depth chart when showing two exchanges, spreads are different, prices are different and it gets all messy. I'm considering not showing depth change bars within spread range.

Variance is a bitch!
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:44:56 PM

Yea I've cleared my phones cache and tried again and it seems ok now

StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:07:23 PM

I am new to day trading and have been studying charts and indicators lately getting my feet wet on Gox and Tradehill.

This cumulative depth chart, I read Cowboy's 'WTF' on it, but could I can't figure it out. Could someone explain how to use this buy/sell data? (I am using Sierrachart and am wondering if this is equivalent to the CCI [commodity channel index]?)

What are the indicators one would look for on this cumulative chart if the market we're start to rally, or if it were to head downwards. Pardon the novice question.

Many thanks in advance,
SJ

P.S.  Have pitched in a bit of btc to Cowboy's whiskey fund. (Wild Turkey?)
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:13:58 AM

I'm not getting any data for MtGox or TH atm Sad

dinzy

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 07:27:10 PM

This charter is great.  I have been using MtGox live but it has been flaky.  I found a link to this and I must say that it is the best chart out there to accompany the madness. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: