Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinity.org/markets - live bitcoin price charts  (Read 211476 times)
comboy (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:15:42 PM

Sorry for lack of any replies in this thread for such a long time.

I did push some updates in the meantime, many of them just about scaling it up. Yeah, I did not expect bitcoinity becoming so popular. Requested visits chart below. I'm not even completely sure how accurate it is, since many people seems to be just not closing the bitcoinity tab ever (thus not visiting it every day).

Some of changes I remember from the user side:

* option to display volume in selected currency instead of BTC in preferences (I suppose I should make it a default)
* yesterday I added this % change above price chart + loading indicator (at least)
* bitstamp trades fully realtime
* better handling of connection problems (you will see red indicator in top right if something is wrong)
* some fixes for gox socket (getting it up more quickly after it dies like it loves to)
* more exchanges, and also icbit options (e.g. http://bitcoinity.org/markets/icbit/BUH4 )

With how things are developing lately I agree it's important to be easily track CNY in USD and preferably also other exchanges rates without changing the page. I'll try to add that. Market depth - It should be refreshed now more often, still not realtime, I'm trying to work that out (did you know guys you were able to saturate my gigabit connection?)

And big thanks for lots of support, suggestions, feedback and of course these visits Smiley

fucking small script to run on my spare lcd...

Variance is a bitch!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:46:23 PM

I did push some updates in the meantime, many of them just about scaling it up. Yeah, I did not expect bitcoinity becoming so popular. Requested visits chart below. I'm not even completely sure how accurate it is, since many people seems to be just not closing the bitcoinity tab ever (thus not visiting it every day).

* option to display volume in selected currency instead of BTC in preferences (I suppose I should make it a default)
* yesterday I added this % change above price chart + loading indicator (at least)
* better handling of connection problems (you will see red indicator in top right if something is wrong)
* some fixes for gox socket (getting it up more quickly after it dies like it loves to)
* more exchanges, and also icbit options (e.g. http://bitcoinity.org/markets/icbit/BUH4 )

With how things are developing lately I agree it's important to be easily track CNY in USD and preferably also other exchanges rates without changing the page. I'll try to add that. Market depth - It should be refreshed now more often, still not realtime, I'm trying to work that out (did you know guys you were able to saturate my gigabit connection?)

And big thanks for lots of support, suggestions, feedback and of course these visits Smiley

I love the new % change feature! Thanks!

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:16:39 PM

Requested visits chart below. I'm not even completely sure how accurate it is, since many people seems to be just not closing the bitcoinity tab ever (thus not visiting it every day).

I never close 3 of these tabs (btc.cn, stamp, gox) and check them regularly. Love to see the rate as title.

You might want to check actual usage of your service in more detail. Never focusing the tab does not mean I don't care about the title changing but these insights might still be valuable for you.

Not sure how this could be reduced to one tab with likely less traffic as I like the info in the title and switching through 3 tracked currencies would be harder to read.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:15:06 PM

Cool!!! You are getting close to 200k uniques/day.. More popularity means more adoption, and that seems to be what drives the price up with fundamentals. The user base is critical. I bet if you zoom out that graph (2-3 last years instead of last two months) it'll look exponential.... Wallet usage is also going exponential...

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:10:01 AM

Click, one btc for 3.63, BUy Buy Buy B8uxy , oh last trade 2years ago...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 01:10:14 AM

Hey guys, I love your charts and all, but right now they're going into an endless loop displaying-hiding-displaying-hiding that GIF image of some dude named Arvind.  Unfortunately this causes my browser to peg at 100% CPU usage, so I can no longer leave bitcoinity open in a window like I usually do.  I tried clicking "hide this message" but it just comes back a few seconds later.

Please to be fixing.

Also it would be great if you could add a preference to let us disable these "celebratory" features.  They're fun and all until they malfunction, which seems to happen a lot.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:22:06 AM

love this site! real time information as well Smiley

Synapse_On_Slush

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:28:18 AM

I believe it's 3am where comboy is so it'll prob not get fixed for a good few hours. I'm sure there's a script or something someone can throw together with scriptmonkey or something to disable the popup as a quick fix. Or just use a lesser awesome site till then.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:48:22 AM

you can adblock the gif
xephyr

Activity: 285

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:00:12 AM

Hey guys, I love your charts and all, but right now they're going into an endless loop displaying-hiding-displaying-hiding that GIF image of some dude named Arvind.  Unfortunately this causes my browser to peg at 100% CPU usage, so I can no longer leave bitcoinity open in a window like I usually do.  I tried clicking "hide this message" but it just comes back a few seconds later.

Please to be fixing.

Also it would be great if you could add a preference to let us disable these "celebratory" features.  They're fun and all until they malfunction, which seems to happen a lot.

Second that, not funny and seriously detracts from what is usually a very good resource. Ditch the celebratory features.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 02:11:15 AM

Or just use a lesser awesome site till then.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing, but I miss the awesomeness of bitcoinity already.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
r3c4ll

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:16:05 AM

What is happening with the winner guy? A bad loop?

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:23:54 AM

I personally like the celebratory features, but it's not that critical to me one way or the other.  Having them go haywire once it a while is not the end of the world to me.  It reminds me of the logical mistakes I've made when hacking on stuff.  I gave up CPU mining a while ago so extra load isn't hurting me Smiley

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
comboy (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:08:35 AM

I'm really sorry about the bug with this gif :/

Variance is a bitch!
bolapara

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:58:03 AM

That was pretty fucking annoying, comboy.  Wink  It was like being rick-rolled but without the ability to stop it!
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:17:12 PM

No problem at all comboy.  Anyone that really wanted to block the gif could have done it using adblock.
Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:45:20 PM

No problem at all comboy.  Anyone that really wanted to block the gif could have done it using adblock.

Yeah really - really really really thank you for your service! Really great work! Keep up, we need you Smiley
Bitcoinreminder.com

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:49:17 PM

Yeah really - really really really thank you for your service! Really great work! Keep up, we need you Smiley

Beside this: I like the memes Grin Please dont remove them!
AXiS

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:15:27 AM

I think that we all should start to talk about mBTC (millibitcoin) instead of BTC, in order to continue Bitcoin adoption. What do you think about it?

In my opinion, it would be a very good change in bitcoinity.org/markets... The price would be 1,08 USD/mBTC. Wink
RandomPleb

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:27:00 AM

I think that we all should start to talk about mBTC (millibitcoin) instead of BTC, in order to continue Bitcoin adoption. What do you think about it?

In my opinion, it would be a very good change in bitcoinity.org/markets... The price would be 1,08 USD/mBTC. Wink

This feature request gets my vote too, just have it as an option under preferences so as not to annoy the traditionalists too much Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: