Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFICIAL]Bitfinex.com first Bitcoin P2P lending platform for leverage trading  (Read 723626 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 01:14:22 PM

I still like the platform though  Smiley

Same here. That and the margin lending rates are much better than anywhere else. Even though they can be low for longs periods if you catch a few waves it really adds up.

i wouldn't take it as an ominous sign. seems like a standard money hungry one to me.

Exactly. More customers plus more coins equals more commisions.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cavali7

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:08:48 AM

Are you going to credit the new MoneroV coins? The snapshot is here.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:14:19 AM

Are you going to credit the new MoneroV coins? The snapshot is here.

ROFL. They may have started to add many shitcoins but I don't think they are going to lower their standards that far.

They announced 3 new coins yesterday but that didn't make the list. http://blog.bitfinex.com/

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:36:14 AM
Merited by FractalUniverse (1)

Hey guys. Any news about MoneroV coin?

Yeah, lots of dumb shills spamming this thread about a shitcoin fork that Bitfinex isn't supporting.

Crypto_C12

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:26:41 AM

Hey guys. Any news about MoneroV coin?

Yeah, lots of dumb shills spamming this thread about a shitcoin fork that Bitfinex isn't supporting.

Is this the way Bitfinex use to talk to its users?

It is our own decision if we want to trade any of the cryptocurrencies. The only question about this fork is whether Bitfinex is going to list this coin and when we will be able to receive the coins.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 05:38:12 AM

Is this the way Bitfinex use to talk to its users?

There is noone from Bitfinex here, just customers getting fed up of idiots spamming about a fork that Bitfinex (and all serious exchanges) are not supporting.

It is our own decision if we want to trade any of the cryptocurrencies. The only question about this fork is whether Bitfinex is going to list this coin and when we will be able to receive the coins.

Go and find an exchange that has listed it then. The fork already happened and Bitfinex didn't add it, work it out.

Follow http://blog.bitfinex.com/ to see announcements about new coins, don't spam here.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 10:26:42 AM
Merited by cesmak (1)

This is a bit more interesting than adding shitcoins.

http://blog.bitfinex.com/announcements/bitfinex-connamara-digital-asset-fix-gateway/

We are pleased to announce a collaboration with Connamara, the premier provider of matching engine technology, to deliver an open-source FIX (Financial Information eXchange) digital asset gateway for professional traders wishing to enter the digital asset markets.

With the successful deployment of the FIX gateway, our aim is to facilitate improved access to digital asset liquidity for brokers, institutions, and professional traders around the world.

FIX is the protocol widely used by institutional traders and brokers that allows their in-house applications to communicate and place trades. This basically opens it up to the more sophisticated automated high-frequency trading algorithms.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:27:40 PM

This is a bit more interesting than adding shitcoins.

FIX is the protocol widely used by institutional traders and brokers that allows their in-house applications to communicate and place trades. This basically opens it up to the more sophisticated automated high-frequency trading algorithms.

On the one hand they are introducing attractive features like this that are relevant for institutional investors
that actually have a use for sophisticated additions to the Bitfinex offering.

But this is also the same exchange that has failed to release audits that were promised multiple times
and that is busy adding shitcoins like BitcoinInterest (one of the more blatant scams/money grabs
in the cryptocurrency scene):

Bitfinex is pleased to announce support for BitcoinInterest (BCI), a proof-of-stake Bitcoin fork.
Deposits for BCI have opened today, with trading set to be introduced as more deposits flow in.

BitcoinInterest is a fork of Bitcoin allowing holders to stake their tokens to earn interest payments,
without the underlying risk associated with trading.

Roll Eyes
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:27:12 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 01:39:00 AM by European Central Bank
Merited by TheQuin (1)

On the one hand they are introducing attractive features like this that are relevant for institutional investors
that actually have a use for sophisticated additions to the Bitfinex offering.

But this is also the same exchange that has failed to release audits that were promised multiple times
and that is busy adding shitcoins like BitcoinInterest (one of the more blatant scams/money grabs
in the cryptocurrency scene):

i think there's a really interesting divide between how bitfinex is perceived by us vs the big guys. us little people are up to our ears in conspiracy theories and fud about them.

i'm guessing that the people with real money get some real insights into how they operate. i refuse to believe anyone with that type of money is going to risk it based on what's publicly known about bitfinex, which ain't too far off nothing.

there has to be a fully informed inner circle somewhere. and i'll guess they wouldn't be the types to get a haircut from their next 'hack' either.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 07:37:30 AM

Any updates about MoneroV? We're waiting for our coins!

You spammers really don't know when to stop, do you? They are not supporting that shitcoin. If they were it would have been announced here:

http://blog.bitfinex.com/

yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

Who else got an email from bitfinex today.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitfinex-starts-sharing-customer-tax-data-with-authorities/

yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:01:32 PM

Ill never use bitfinex again
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:04:47 PM

https://twitter.com/bitfinex/status/997055994680066048

Looks to be selective according to them at least. Is it not a wee stamp of legitimacy? That's no use to the people who've been asked to hand it over of course.
freespirit

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:29:57 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 08:15:04 PM by freespirit

Ill never use bitfinex again
Me too Sad
Politically motivated and flawed legislation has been rushed through with no cost-benefit analysis and a negative impact on individual privacy and national sovereignty, potentially leading to global data theft, kidnapping, blackmail and political oppression.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-book-oecd-common-reporting-standard-how-survive-eesh

Aside from philosophical or constitutionally enshrined entitlements to privacy, many individuals legitimately fear that disclosure of financial information may increase their exposure to kidnapping, extortion or blackmailing by criminals or confiscation of assets by corrupt governments.
http://www.royalgazette.com/business/article/20170126/oecd-reporting-standards-collateral-damage

Tax has become such a publicly 'moral' issue such that no high profile client wants to be seen to complain about the CRS or be seen as "non-compliant". In essence, may they have been gagged by the media?  Many clients are happy to co-exist with the CRS system so they may be portrayed as 'clean' and 'above board'. At the other end of the spectrum, beyond fear of kidnap and murder, clients are further preoccupied that any leak from the tax authorities following implementation of CRS may lead to their financial affairs becoming headline news, irrespective of the legality and perceived morality of the 'why'.
https://www.lowtax.net/articles/Common-Reporting-Standard-CRS--how-do-you-feel-574029.html

BTW, there is a campaign to Repeal FATCA, consider helping: http://repealfatca.com/
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2337

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:30:50 PM

It is not Bitfinex’s fault this law was passed. They really don’t have any way of not following the law, otherwise they are at risk of much worse things happening.

Bitfinex is really the last reputable exchange that allows anything close to anon registrations and if you don’t want this type of information reported, you really don’t have much of a choice. Other exchanges share similar information with global tax authorities, they might not tell you though.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:50:23 AM

It is not Bitfinex’s fault this law was passed. They really don’t have any way of not following the law, otherwise they are at risk of much worse things happening.

Bitfinex is really the last reputable exchange that allows anything close to anon registrations and if you don’t want this type of information reported, you really don’t have much of a choice. Other exchanges share similar information with global tax authorities, they might not tell you though.
Not sure what you’re talking about, this is the first exchange to report users to there countries tax departments. I have used many exchanges. This is way over the top

It’s gold for nerds
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:08:42 PM

Not sure what you’re talking about, this is the first exchange to report users to there countries tax departments. I have used many exchanges. This is way over the top
You are mistaken. This is the first exchange I have heard of that is *publicly* reporting information to tax departments. I would fairly confidently say other exchanges are doing the same.

To me it sounds like Bitfinex is warning their customers to make sure their taxes are in order in case information released results in an audit.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:11:52 PM

The other exchanges don’t have any of my personal identification, just an email address. So no, other exchanges are not reporting anything b cause they have nothing to report

It’s gold for nerds
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:31:09 PM

The other exchanges don’t have any of my personal identification, just an email address. So no, other exchanges are not reporting anything b cause they have nothing to report
You must not be using a major exchange if that is the case.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:24:31 PM

Twilio 2FA SMS not working!
I can't withdraw anything because of receiving nonsense via twilio 2fa sms confirmation:

Your Bitfinex SMS
Your code is: 2

WTF???
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 »
  Print  

Jump to: