Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do manage portfolio efficiently while having a full time job?  (Read 3153 times)
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:52:01 PM

If you want to manage your portfolio even you have a full time job then go for long term because if you will go for long term investment within your portfolio then you don't need to worry for monitoring it daily because you can do it weekly or even monthly. A portfolio doesn't is for long term in my opinion and investing for long term is the best for you if you have a full time job so you will have a back up source of income.

I would like to salute OP for being able to juggle between a full time job and managing a portfolio. There's no doubt that you're having a hard time managing both because it takes up a lot of your time.

This is the most ideal - going for long term. You wouldn't have to monitor every now and then if this were the case. You would be able to dedicate most of your time to your full job even with a long term investment because you wouldn't have to check daily. Research on which coins to buy that are good for long term investment; that way, you wouldn't have buy and sell every now and then.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:54:46 PM

If you want to manage your portfolio even you have a full time job then go for long term because if you will go for long term investment within your portfolio then you don't need to worry for monitoring it daily because you can do it weekly or even monthly. A portfolio doesn't is for long term in my opinion and investing for long term is the best for you if you have a full time job so you will have a back up source of income.

I would like to salute OP for being able to juggle between a full time job and managing a portfolio. There's no doubt that you're having a hard time managing both because it takes up a lot of your time.

This is the most ideal - going for long term. You wouldn't have to monitor every now and then if this were the case. You would be able to dedicate most of your time to your full job even with a long term investment because you wouldn't have to check daily. Research on which coins to buy that are good for long term investment; that way, you wouldn't have buy and sell every now and then.
That's the strategy that I am using with juggling university. I spend as much time as I need to get top 10% grades in my courses and papers and spend the rest of my time researching promising long term investment candidates.

Has been working well so far. Very busy, but it seems to be paying off. And if this keeps going for another year I won't have to bother with a full-time job and will be able to focus on interesting projects myself instead, without having to worry about my finances.
waynechong1995 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 01:37:49 PM

That's the strategy that I am using with juggling university. I spend as much time as I need to get top 10% grades in my courses and papers and spend the rest of my time researching promising long term investment candidates.

Has been working well so far. Very busy, but it seems to be paying off. And if this keeps going for another year I won't have to bother with a full-time job and will be able to focus on interesting projects myself instead, without having to worry about my finances.

Judging from my current situation, I think it's best for a fresh graduate to keep pursuing cryptoworld and treat it like a career too, most of my friends don't even bother graduating or making time for another fiat job as long there are shelter at least. I believe anyone could profit in crypto as long you have those mindset like a daily trader, researching is fun when there are huge potential for a big fat BTC wallet. Nothing is more satisfy than speculating green candles, even better than paycheck i must say.

It's not hard to sustain by trading if you are smart at speculating/predicting price movement, but choices are yours.

Yadstiker

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:51:15 PM

Judging from my current situation, I think it's best for a fresh graduate to keep pursuing cryptoworld and treat it like a career too, most of my friends don't even bother graduating or making time for another fiat job as long there are shelter at least. I believe anyone could profit in crypto as long you have those mindset like a daily trader, researching is fun when there are huge potential for a big fat BTC wallet. Nothing is more satisfy than speculating green candles, even better than paycheck i must say.

It's not hard to sustain by trading if you are smart at speculating/predicting price movement, but choices are yours.
Although you have a point out there, you can not still rely on those tradings if you really want to be successful in your life or once dream about it, it is kinda sounds like you were just relying in a single income, but actually what you are trying to pursue is a good destination and goal, eventually you will meet so many people and characters just be  aware of that just in case, not everyone is your friend actually.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:16:25 PM

Although you have a point out there, you can not still rely on those tradings if you really want to be successful in your life or once dream about it, it is kinda sounds like you were just relying in a single income, but actually what you are trying to pursue is a good destination and goal, eventually you will meet so many people and characters just be  aware of that just in case, not everyone is your friend actually.

Sorry man but what you just said about trading not being possible to earn a full living is completely false. I made tons of money trading and also read about a guy who quit his $100,000+ annual salary job to do crypto trading full time because he was making so much from it.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:22:00 PM

If you are into short term trading, then you need to give apt time to it. No bots or websites can help you in that. You need to personally analyze the charts and market. Else you will always be late in party. Trading needs instant action and one should always be aware of latest updates of the coins one is in. You can't rely on bots or AI. Either be a full time trader as I believe one can easily make enough with trading if is good with TA or do longterm investments along with your job.
waynechong1995 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 03:28:45 PM

Sorry man but what you just said about trading not being possible to earn a full living is completely false. I made tons of money trading and also read about a guy who quit his $100,000+ annual salary job to do crypto trading full time because he was making so much from it.

You are right somehow everyone could succeed in crypto trading with appropriate skills and perhaps some luck, i must say this cryptoworld was still booming and it's very likely to make most of it through daily trading.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 03:49:10 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice! I had decided to adjust my portfolio for long terms investment, primarily in Blue chips and alts that had potential - established team, well-delivered/realistic roadmap, consistent development as well a more discipline investment schedule, guess the ups and downs of day trading is too much for me to handle while maintaining good performance with my programming job.

Would consider buying some bots to interact/trade with exchange api sometime after a more extensive speculation , the road is still long to success is still long but achievable, good luck everyone!
Yeah for me it's also much more efficient to focus on long term investment plans than to actively trade every day/week.
Now I just have to spend one afternoon each month or so researching possible altcoins to invest in and review each investment every couple of months.

If you want to look into trade bots, I can recommend either a Haasbot beginner license (0.06 BTC per 3 months) or cryptotrader.org (0.003 BTC per month).

oharac

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:57:03 PM

keep 40% of your investment in solid projects like BTC
30% on successors like ETH and LTC
Remaining 20% on Promising projects (great dev team and track record) with no product yet
Use 10% for day trade

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:01:20 PM

Although you have a point out there, you can not still rely on those tradings if you really want to be successful in your life or once dream about it, it is kinda sounds like you were just relying in a single income, but actually what you are trying to pursue is a good destination and goal, eventually you will meet so many people and characters just be  aware of that just in case, not everyone is your friend actually.

The problem with daytrading is that it eats up a lot more time and nerves than longterm investing. It also adds significantly to the tax bill. And I want to be able to buy a house from my crypto profits in a year or two, which will be much easier by not daytrading, since I'll make more profit by paying less taxes when cashing out.
And having more time available for other things is always desirable. I don't like watching charts all day, I prefer programming a bot for this, but I'm not going to put any significant amount of money into algorithmic trading until I've perfected the expected returns and will be making more profits despite higher taxes.
Cranidos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:49:23 PM

By having a weekday 9-5 job, i must say my eyes aren't that keen anymore for trends and hardly made any good decision on buying/selling alts. Basically what i did is:

Weekdays: Coinalarm app to observe my portfolio real time but it's far less efficient and responsive to market movement, Slack and Telegram app are linked as well but still is very difficult to process insightful information while in working mood. 

Weekends: More active than usual but time is limited  Undecided

Any opinions or suggestion to improve my current situation?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english  Sad

A long term investment should be the most suitable for your case. Having a full time job is difficult in being up to date to cryptocurrency and if you are a trader, then it will be difficult for you to monitor the market. So that justifies than long term investment is best for you. That way, you'll not worry about missing some things out.

harizen
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398

For support ➡️ help.bc.game

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:53:35 PM

By having a weekday 9-5 job, i must say my eyes aren't that keen anymore for trends and hardly made any good decision on buying/selling alts. Basically what i did is:

Weekdays: Coinalarm app to observe my portfolio real time but it's far less efficient and responsive to market movement, Slack and Telegram app are linked as well but still is very difficult to process insightful information while in working mood. 

You know it's not that hard* if you are used to do trades. I too have lots of loads on hands in real life but still able to manage my portfolio. Believe me even you are hectic on your schedule there are lots of ways to manage your portfolio in terms of price monitoring. Of course you need to execute trades when you have time even you are busy but what matters here is , you know the price movement.

I can't give you a specific way as I believe you are the one who can think of a good way. Just try to explore out of your precious brain and soon you can make up a nice way to deal with your concern.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....LOTTERY..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:58:19 PM

You know it's not that hard* if you are used to do trades. I too have lots of loads on hands in real life but still able to manage my portfolio. Believe me even you are hectic on your schedule there are lots of ways to manage your portfolio in terms of price monitoring. Of course you need to execute trades when you have time even you are busy but what matters here is , you know the price movement.

I can't give you a specific way as I believe you are the one who can think of a good way. Just try to explore out of your precious brain and soon you can make up a nice way to deal with your concern.
No one cant really give an specific way since we do have our own unique way on engaging into things.We are the only ones who do have idea on what times are most likely we are busy and which is not.Time management would really be crucial and if you are really serious on day trading then this thing would really be a tough job for you.Having a 9-5 job and a day trading will not really be an easy stuff.Time and focus will really be needed specially on price movements.Usually i do make use of blockfolio which most people are saying the same thing too.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:14:59 PM

DRIP (Dividend ReInvestment Plans) could be worth looking into. There could be documented cases of people retiring early off of them. Can't say I'm the most knowledgeable person on the topic. Don't know what their performance against inflation looks like or what the average ROI or statistics relating to success or failure are. I get the impression they're one of the most underrated trading strategies over the long term. It might be fair to compare DRIP to long term buying and holding btc. Definitely something I need to look into and research more.

Roth IRA's may be another go to over the long term with decent annual interest yields.

I don't know if there are any decent trading bots or entry level HFT algorithmic based trading. If there are any decent platforms they could be worth looking into. Competition in fiat investing could be too high for average investors. That's not a topic I know much about.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:33:32 AM

Although you have a point out there, you can not still rely on those tradings if you really want to be successful in your life or once dream about it, it is kinda sounds like you were just relying in a single income, but actually what you are trying to pursue is a good destination and goal, eventually you will meet so many people and characters just be  aware of that just in case, not everyone is your friend actually.

Yes exactly. It is all about the choice making. If someone, like the guy you are talking about, once think and confirmed that he will make bitcoin as the proper source of income then I think nothing is bad in it. You will have many chances along the way to make enough money that is even more than your salary in a month. Just decide what you have to do, keep that with you.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:36:55 AM

Yeah exactly. It is all about the choice making. If someone, like the guy you are talking about, once think and confirmed that he will make bitcoin as the proper source of income then I think nothing is bad in it. You will have many chances along the way to make enough money that is even more than your salary in a month. Just decide what you have to do, keep that with you.
This. As long as people take sufficient cautionary countermeasures they will be fine with whatever they choose. There's no reason to follow traditional paths of "employment" if you can make enough money to support your life with other methods. Just don't scam or steal.
richdi

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 08:49:36 AM

The best way to make and manage your own crypto portfolio is to know how the crypto funds and whales do this. There are thousand of reach whales and cryptoinvestors in the world who exectly knows which coin and at what price they need to buy and when to sell to be in good profit. How do they do this? Very easy - they all are suscribers of special reserch groups who monthly recommend new coin to their longterm portfolio and after this recommendation some coins start to grow, becouse millions of dollars go in this coin. CryptoCapital Research, Palm Beach, Delphi Digital all of them have thousends of reach subscribers and make every month new report with deep research https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5172143.0

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 09:28:46 AM

That is the problem of many people who want to trade cryptocurrencies. They want to trade but their schedule is bery tight because of their day job. Proper time management can solve this problem. It is a good thing that cryptocurrency trading is open 24 hrs because there are markets like stock market that have specific trading time. Also seek different strategies that will fit to you even if you have day job.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 11:24:54 AM

That is the problem of many people who want to trade cryptocurrencies. They want to trade but their schedule is bery tight because of their day job. Proper time management can solve this problem. It is a good thing that cryptocurrency trading is open 24 hrs because there are markets like stock market that have specific trading time. Also seek different strategies that will fit to you even if you have day job.
People who are having a day job shouldn't trade in more than a couple coins as more coins in your portfolio means that you should be giving more time to study each and every one of those coins and this becomes very burdensome in long term. So what I suggest is that you should consider having only a couple of coins in your portfolio this makes it easier to follow them and also you will be having spare time for investing in family.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 10, 2019, 12:18:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice! I had decided to adjust my portfolio for long terms investment, primarily in Blue chips and alts that had potential - established team, well-delivered/realistic roadmap, consistent development as well a more discipline investment schedule, guess the ups and downs of day trading is too much for me to handle while maintaining good performance with my programming job.
I would advice you against investing in fake promised projects, it is better to invest in top alts or in bitcoin rather than taking chances because in my experience these road maps and promises are hard to fulfill.

Would consider buying some bots to interact/trade with exchange api sometime after a more extensive speculation , the road is still long to success is still long but achievable, good luck everyone!
When it comes to using bots be extra careful setting up a stop loss as the market is really volatile and you need to be extra careful when putting the settings and the figures. Since you are not having the time to trade on a daily basis, go for the long term rather than risking it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: