Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: price will pop back up to $120 monday morning  (Read 8647 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:21:26 PM

@CanadianGuy:  Please pay johnblaze if you can.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:36:21 PM

who wants to bet that tomorrow the price of bitcoin will be below $120

at 2 - 1 odds

e.g you bet 0.5 btc that price will be over $120, if it goes over i pay out 1 btc, if its under you pay out 0.5 btc

I would say the odds are attractive

edit: I will raise it to 2.5 - 1, only a ten dollar increment, we all know thats possible with bitcoin

Since you see the odds as attractive, you are doing this as a hedge against a buy?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:39:28 PM

at 2 - 1 odds
 Wink
e.g you bet 0.5 btc that price will be over $120, if it goes over i pay out 1 btc, if its under you pay out 0.5 btc

edit: I will raise it to 2.5 - 1, only a ten dollar increment, we all know thats possible with bitcoin

Since you see the odds as attractive, you are doing this as a hedge against a buy?

Roll Eyes
 of course not, think about it, i would need to buy like 25 bit coins, 2 and a half thousand dollars to pay off for one loss in the bet, if i was hedging with buys

edit- approximately,

it would therefore make more sense to not do the bet and keep the bit coins
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:41:36 PM

From the looks of it maybe next monday and hopefully we get back $120
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:57:49 PM

at 2 - 1 odds
 Wink

Roll Eyes
 of course not, think about it, i would need to buy like 25 bit coins, 2 and a half thousand dollars to pay off for one loss in the bet, if i was hedging with buys

edit- approximately,

Before you dismiss it as absurd, consider that it is an honest question.  It is not so uncommon really.  
To hedge a buy in such a way if you think it is going up, but slowly rather than swiftly.  
It is like buying, and selling short an out of the money call option with a one day expiration.
If you find a buyer for your call, you essentially get in at a lower entry point and you also get the upside above 120 (unlike a call).

The subtle point here is that this "betting" is a sort of derivatives market.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:11:40 PM

at 2 - 1 odds
 Wink

Roll Eyes

edit- approximately,

Before you dismiss it as absurd, consider that it is an honest question.  It is not so uncommon really.  
To hedge a buy in such a way if you think it is going up, but slowly rather than swiftly.  
It is like buying, and selling short an out of the money call option with a one day expiration.
If you find a buyer for your call, you essentially get in at a lower entry point and you also get the upside above 120 (unlike a call).

The subtle point here is that this "betting" is a sort of derivatives market.

agreed, its like forex trading almost
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:39:23 PM

No.  He called me a scammer before I realized my mistake.  I had full intention of paying everyone who won, but his comments changed that.
The final answer is no.

i called you a scammer after 4 people notified you of your mistake, and you still refused to pay, choosing instead to remain arrogant and ignorant (which you continue to choose even now). only then did i call you a scammer.

but its convenient that you ignored my last post which counters your excuses so far (not being able to count to 4, and claiming to only argue with me)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:45:42 PM

No.  He called me a scammer before I realized my mistake.  I had full intention of paying everyone who won, but his comments changed that.
The final answer is no.
Then you're still a scammer.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:49:12 PM

Next time, pay attention when you say "all bets confirmed"  Wink

Don't initiate a prop you don't intend to pay!
alexius89

Activity: 709
Merit: 500

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:14:28 PM

No.  He called me a scammer before I realized my mistake.  I had full intention of paying everyone who won, but his comments changed that.
The final answer is no.

CanadianGuy is an amazing User..by the way  the thread is very funny as well.

If you are that rich i glad to receive donations for a poor student..

1D7iEKuspqjYC1qRngfEniwqQgSLjH4eHq

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 10:17:50 PM

or you could pay out everyone except the asshole who calls you a scammer.  If you came up to me in real life and called me a scammer I wouldn't give you anything either. LOL

Change your name - you are giving our country a bad name.   Angry

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
webcoinx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:23:16 PM

OBAMA GOT SUED

BITCOINS UP!!!
johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:54:19 PM

karma is the ultimate arbiter

something will go wrong in CanadianGuy's life and he will complain how "bad things happen to good people" or something similar. all the while he will not remember his measly $100 bet on the interwebs that he welched on.
johnblaze

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:59:04 PM

lol
you're doing it wrong tho
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

something will go wrong in CanadianGuy's life and he will complain how "bad things happen to good people" or something similar. all the while he will not remember his measly $100 bet on the interwebs that he welched on.

I donated $100 to red cross this morning so I'm good.   Grin  lol

I really doubt a 13 year old would donate $100 to anything.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:17:34 PM

really dude

fuck this guy
happygeorge

Activity: 146

In da Jungle!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:25:35 AM

Agreed.

I read this whole thread, just for the FUN of it.. and I was "shocked" by the initial (rather quick) "scammer" label by johnblaze... but in all honesty, I can really see why he called you that.

I don't think johnblaze made an error in being quick to call you names, CanadianGuy.

You are obviously a good dude, and I think johnblaze is making a valiant effort to explain, and clarify his rationale...

So, I think johnblaze is definitely OWED 1BTC, and (perhaps) CanadianGuy is owed an apology for being labeled a "scamer" too quickly

I'd HATE to be called a scammer, so I totally understand CanadianGuy, especially since his INTENTIONS were to pay his losses.

I think johnblaze would have paid you (so he is not a scammer) please pay him so you don't become one!

happygeorge

Activity: 146

In da Jungle!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:31:59 AM

I donated $100 to red cross this morning so I'm good.   Grin  lol

hmmm.... are you trying to make up for your "mistake" ?

I do not think this is the right thing to do... I have never done it, but I will start to look into how to label someone a "scammer"... please just make up with john...

Make bitcoin a "happy" place! Smiley
johnblaze

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:24:50 AM

So, I think johnblaze is definitely OWED 1BTC, and (perhaps) CanadianGuy is owed an apology for being labeled a "scamer" too quickly

I'd HATE to be called a scammer, so I totally understand CanadianGuy, especially since his INTENTIONS were to pay his losses.

I think johnblaze would have paid you (so he is not a scammer) please pay him so you don't become one!

i was prepared, and i still am, to retract my accusation

as i posted in the other thread, all CanadianGuy had to do was very simple: "i am not a scammer, i made an honest mistake, i was the one who should have re-read the thread. here is your coin." if he would have done that, and if he still does that, i will retract my statement.

at the time i called him a scammer, HE WAS. it was the truth. he was refusing to pay two people that he owed.

and at this time, he is a scammer.

of course all of this can change in one instant, and he will not be a scammer. he chooses not to.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:43:18 AM

I feel the mods would be providing a valuable service to the community to label the OP as scammer at this point.
Whilst I have no intention of being rude to those I deal with, I would now not deal with the OP and it's only by chancing on this thread that I know not to trust his word.
Sad to see it go this way.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: