Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:05:58 AM

Ixcoin is such a worthy altcoin, and one of the older ones with an intact block chain (afaik) that it deserves a better faith then just being forgotten. I am more than willing to have a graphic designer take a look at the logo, website etc. if you would like me to, bounty or not.

Asakioto, pm me if you want to. If not, I'll just have a designer look over the website and graphics and we can go from there.

I'm so glad somebody else sees it.  If I wasn't so new to these coins I'd pitch in some coins but I'm still waiting for my mining rigs to arrive. Much appreciated, man.  

I don't have a "stash" of ixcoin myself, I just enjoy the idea of a "real" coin returning rather then this never ending flood of copy paste altcoins.

If the community thinks that any design or graphic profile I contribute is good enough I would be happy for any donations but I'm not doing it to make a buck.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:08:50 AM

Ixcoin is such a worthy altcoin, and one of the older ones with an intact block chain (afaik) that it deserves a better faith then just being forgotten. I am more than willing to have a graphic designer take a look at the logo, website etc. if you would like me to, bounty or not.

Asakioto, pm me if you want to. If not, I'll just have a designer look over the website and graphics and we can go from there.

I'm so glad somebody else sees it.  If I wasn't so new to these coins I'd pitch in some coins but I'm still waiting for my mining rigs to arrive. Much appreciated, man. 

I don't have a "stash" of ixcoin myself, I just enjoy the idea of a "real" coin returning rather then this never ending flood of copy paste altcoins.

I hear you and I think when new people and investors start finding out about alt coins one thing they're gonna look for is which ones have been around the longest and devcoin along with ixCoin will be up there.

One thing I can't wait for is specialized coins like say a religion coin or a major sports coin.  That's gonna be great cause its gonna bring in millions of new people and some of them will not just buy say CatholicCoin, but also a few ixCoin, devcoins, Etc.  and given there's only a handful of good coins it wouldn't take much to really cause a huge rally.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 09:54:23 AM

@Nasakioto,

I have a few questions.

First of all, I don't get the big deal with pre-mining a paltry 560,000 coins, people are just hating on developers for wanting to make some money.

My questions are:

Is that your real name or is this another bitcoin screen name like Satoshi?  Doesn't matter but I'm curious.

Secondly, what made you come back?  I mean, the value is so low, why not just relaunch another coin like the guy from fairbrix and tenebrix who failed at both of those and then made it on a third attempt with litecoin.

It seems that would be easier than trying to resurrect this coin.  But I'm glad you're back cause I really think the smart money will look for a bitcoin look-alike (once Bitcoin gets an ETF license) and everything about ixCoin, even your name, spells Bitcoin 2.0 and unlike bitcoin, ixCoin will have more coins out there by next year and that's a plus cause it's more liquidity.

Basically, if the bitcoin ETF makes the winklevoss bros rich(er) then you can bet wallstreet will look to copy the ETF with a basket of alt coins or even another coin and it makes sense to try and sell one that has been around a long time and looks a lot like Bitcoin - and just like that, you have Bitcoin 2.0.

Finally, are you accumulating ixCoins right now?  I am, just wondering if you see value here worth accumulating Cause technically, ixCoin looks like it wants to go lower but I'm a buyer here and I also bought at $.012 and I'll keep buying even if it goes lower.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

- Vlad.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 09:59:23 AM

What do you mean by:  with an intact block chain?  What does that mean and why don't the other coins have intact block chains?  And if the others do not, why or how did ixCoin keep its block chain intact. And what is the significance? 

I am actively accumulating ixCoin as much as I can.  I really believe in this coin long term as well as devcoin, so I'm trying to find out as much info about it (ixCoin) as possible.

Thanks.

doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 12:19:54 PM

Is that your real name or is this another bitcoin screen name like Satoshi?  Doesn't matter but I'm curious.
The ixcoin author's name is an exact anagram for Satoshi Nakamoto so it's unlikely to be a real name.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

The ixcoin author's name is an exact anagram for Satoshi Nakamoto so it's unlikely to be a real name.

Didn't catch that, thanks.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:38:31 PM

Mr. Nasakioto isn't very responsive.  Go to the devcoin thread and the founder will respond to PM's and posts in under 15 minutes pretty much around the clock.  Not a good sign, here.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 11:23:57 PM

Anybody else buying this coin?  I bought another 120,000 ixCoins this past week.

I was shocked how difficult it was to buy such fees coins.  I had to eventually raise by bid from 26,000 per bitcoin to 17,000 per bitcoin.  That's a huge difference but I really wanted to get a nice chunk right away.

They're sitting in a cold drive now cause I expect their price to really spike by latest next year but could be much sooner.  If nothing else happens then by the time bitcoin gets their ETF plus add 2-3 months for the MBA dummies Ivy League dummies on wallstreet to realize that bitcoin is gonna skyrocket cause it is a true phenomenon thanks when bankers and hedge funds will rush to copy the Bitcoin ETF and they'll most likely look for the closest clone which is ixCoin and they'll probably also do an alt coin Basket in which case all these older coins which have intact bloc chains and people recognize their names will definitely make it in the basket.  Either way, I don't see how ixCoin can be below $1 by next year and given its nearly impossible to buy now, hen there's a mad rush to accumulate these coins the price of one ixCoin can reach stupid levels, I'm talking $50 or even $100 per coin. 

I realize that's sounds insane for a coin selling for half a penny but its no crazier than namecoin going from $.001 to $1 in 45 days with is a 100,000% jump in price.  With these digital fair course vies and the fact that many have few available for sale and there's little liquidity it's easy to see how if Bitcoin does get its ETF A lot of these alt coins will sky rocket.

So I'm curious who else is accumulating ixCoin so we don't outbid each other and pay way more in the process.  TIA.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:11:26 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 12:28:44 AM by markm

By the way, there also a bunch of nice Ixcoin stats up at http://cryptometer.org

Hmm, neither the minted currency nor the total supply on those charts seems to indicate any pre-mining or special blocks for the author or anything like that happened?

It seems in fact to claim the money supply started at zero and went up slowly...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:14:55 AM

I've updated http://www.ixcoin.org but including the defunct FAQ from the wiki and modifying/pruning some of the links. I'm hoping to update it as we get Ixcoin back on track.

I'm trying to update the blockchain on the one of my Ixcoin clients and it seems to accept a 100+ new block then it stops. I get this error:

Code:
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: block (215 bytes)
received block 00000000007d8592b9b6
SetBestChain: new best=00000000007d8592b9b6  height=32909  work=2831870114916795
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: block (472 bytes)
received block 0000000000c45a47e5a7
SetBestChain: new best=0000000000c45a47e5a7  height=32910  work=2831878210820850
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: inv (37 bytes)
  got inventory: block 7e8f31b9ea7e2fc9f983  new
askfor block 7e8f31b9ea7e2fc9f983   0
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: addr (781 bytes)
sending getdata: block 7e8f31b9ea7e2fc9f983
6/23/2013 20:11:00 sending: getdata (37 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: addr (871 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: addr (751 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:00 received: addr (931 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:01 sending: addr (31 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:01 received: block (946 bytes)
received block 7e8f31b9ea7e2fc9f983
ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : hash doesn't match nBits
ERROR: CheckBlock() : proof of work failed
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED
6/23/2013 20:11:01 received: addr (631 bytes)
AddAddress(188.115.157.82:8337)
6/23/2013 20:11:02 sending: addr (31 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:02 received: addr (451 bytes)
6/23/2013 20:11:18 received: addr (721 bytes)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DbException'
  what():  DbEnv::close: Invalid argument

If I restart it, it updates another 100+ blocks, then I get the same error. Any idea?

Database error sounds like the database might be corrupt or borken or out of synch with its index files or somesuch.

also, are you on 32 bit windows, maybe, as the bitcoin it was based on might pre-date the addition of a workaround for some systems inability to work with files more than two gigs or some number of gigs in size. Did we get bigger than some such limit, maybe?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 12:16:56 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 12:40:36 AM by Vlad2Vlad

By the way, there also a bunch of nice Ixcoin stats up at http://cryptometer.org

Hmm, neither the minted currency nor the total supply on those chats seems to indicate any pre-mining or special blocks for the author or anything like that happened?

it seems in fact to claim the money supply started at zero and went up slowly...

-MarkM-

What are you saying?  Sorry, I don't understand but it sounds like something I want to understand.

I do know here was a premine but personally I think devs should get paid well.  I said that long before I considered launching my own coin.

My only problem would be credibility - perhaps a lock-up period like they so with Stock IPO's, trusting a dev won't pump and dump.

So I don't care the fact this guy did a 20% premine although that very high.  That's done, so I'm looking forward and there's something way too quiet about this coin and the fact it should have 100% died when it was abandoned and didn't also adds to the mystery.  At half a cent I don't mind risking a couple thousand.  Devcoin is my only other coin I truly believe has a good chance at being picked up and spread out globally by big money cause it has a unique story and is acting on it not just talking.

France would love a coin like devcoin while American bankers would love ixCoin.

But please clarify your original statement.  Thanks.

Edit:

He premined 2%.  I'm sorry.  And that is not a big deal given this guy is a real full blown programmer but people gotta hate.  

At any rate, ixCoin is on an accelerated schedule which I love and bankers will love because its additional liquidity is crucial compared to Bitcoin but it's also awesome bedside it's a coin that will simply not be available once its' all mined, as long as it stays alive, it will one day, in the next 12-36 months be worth a lot more, depending heavily On and when and whether bitcoin gets their ETF license, which I think it's a done deal.  

I've researched most viable coins out there and from the mentality if a money driven wallstreet banker ixCoin fits the profile and of a Bitcoin 2.0 the best from every possible angle.  It's so perfect and an easy sell to investors just like devcoin would be an easy sell and pipe dream currency for politicians and various countries such as France.

Question:  when does ixCoin finish their last mining cycle?  I've read several dates like 2017, but I don't know which one to believe?  

Also, does anyone know why or how the founder came up with the name ixCoin?  It's a very interesting name for several reasons.  

It would be like so awesome if the founder answered some of these questions, it would be like...normal.  Yet one more sign telling me something may be going on benind the scenes cause even a super busy guy can answer like 2 questions per day as this thread is almost dead.  Unless of course this has always been this devs Modus Operandi which i find hard to believe.  TIA.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:07:01 AM

This one is off topic so sorry, but I figure anything that pops your thread to the top will garner it more attention although I'm not sure you want attention for this coin at this point in time.  If you wish just PM me and I'll delete this post.

But I wonder how my circus act of a coin thread (Nuggets (NUGs) which jackknifed on an ice-road in Siberia in the middle of a 20 deep, starving wolf-pack, lol - it is an unimaginable way for a good intention coin to crash and burn, blow up and then crash and burn some more, just cause the code was written and pasted wrong and the premine was not even premined cause of another flaw and people hate seeing anyone but themselves make any money and of course, me not being able to handle a-holes who can't give criticism with just a bit of respect in their tone so I had to feed those very many A-holes their dung right back with snow shovel sized portions.  That said, I expect that thread to die without me there in the next 2-3 days but I don't even wanna look but I am curious if anybody is even posting there anymore now that I'm gone - the circus master if you will.

At least some people got a lot of good laughs at my expense and it's a great thread of what not to do when launching a new coin so it wasn't a total waste although it has been a total waste for me as far as time, effort and money is concerned.

Nuggets (NUGs) the coin for the people killed by the people....and my mouth.  But Hey, I have a dual copy of Tourette's Syndrome genes for which I have a genetic test to prove it so I can't control what I say sometimes - especially when agitated, lol, I basically have no brain-mouth filter yet people blame me for the words coming out of my own mouth like it's my fault.  Lol, ok, that makes no sense but that's how Tourette's works and I have not one but two copies which is really bad. I feel bad for my kids cause that means they are guaranteed to each have one copy.

I hope it doesn't go active later on, which happens a lot.  Just look at me, people think I'm nuts but in real life people become friends with me very easily.  They think my unpredictable and unavoidable honesty is actually hilarious.

But as far as ixCoin, this too was attacked by rabid jealous haters who hate to see a pro dev make just 2% off his work.  But the difference was this guy was quiet about it and is now trying to make a comeback and to me that means a lot cause to would have been easier to launch a new coin so there must be a reason even if its just the love for his creation or devotion and determination which are necessary qualities for success which gave me additional confidence to buy up 1% of ixCoin and I hope to soon buy another 1% but right now all my money is going to the death and burial services of Nuggets.

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:12:14 AM

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since Ixcoin was updated. Would anyone be interested in working on the client? Here are some things which would be great to implement:

• Update to latest Bitcoin client's code
  • Switch away from LFnet to another IRC server
(updated)
  • add seed nodes
  • Update the website

I can work on updating the website. I think we're better off having the IXC forum here as running a separate spam-free forum is quite a bit of work. Same goes for a wiki - static pages will be easier.

If you're willing to help, I can contribute some IXCs. If others cannot contribute to the coding effort, then they can also help with some IXCs too. I'm happy to hear any other suggestions.

Hey man I can set up a seed node for you. Ill update here when I got a couple.

ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:29:34 AM

Good to see you vlad

How is something this old even an option for returning? Old miners will have amassed huge amounts of coin.

If you want to release a new coin, do so.

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:45:13 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 03:12:07 AM by markm

All bitcoin miners who care about making more income from their bitcoin mining have been raking in this coin as a free extra on the side since way way back.

Essentially if you are a bitcoin miner you get to have namecoins, ixcoins, and devcoins thrown at you too if you use bitparking's merged mining pool.

Once upon a time you used to get I0Coins too, but who-ever cloned IXCoin to make I0Coin apparently could not resist adding a stupid "die daily" bug and it seems likely one or more memory leaks, so I guess it is not really a clone of IXCoin at all but rather a butchered broken pathetic attempt at a clone of IXCoin.

So part of why IXCoin is still with us is the fact that unlike I0Coin it did not force bitparking to drop it by gobbling up memory like crazy and dying every day or few trying to do some DNS lookup that either no other coin considers necessary or that other coins manage to do without killing themselves.

Maybe it could have been partly because of the gory failure of I0Coin to just basically work like normal coins just basically worked that led to bitparking not adding the rest of the merged mined coins, such as groupcoin and coiledcoin and geistgeld. (Though geistgeld is even more of a memory hog than i0coin so has its own justification for not being included.)

So this coin is one that vast numbers of people already have some of, yes. Another way of putting that is to say it has a large user-base.

However those users have very weak hands, many of them probably just dump their IXCoins on an exchange without even caring about depth, they likely don't even bother to put an asking price and wait for it to be met, likely they just pretty much blindly dump. In other words you can buy the things dirt cheap, many of the old holders might not even hold any really but just dump to an exchange those that bitparking gives them "free" while they mine bitcoins.

I admit that the amount of hashing securing the IXCoin chain makes me feel like oh gosh I can hardly mine any of those compared to I0Coin, I am so glad bitparking dropped I0Coin because now I0Coin is much much easier to mine so I can mine a lot more I0Coin than IXCoin. It is great because all the lazy ignorant people who just want to be given money by a magic money machine without even understanding how the thing works are too lazy and too determined to stay ignorant to actually go out and merged-mine stuff themselves, if its not on a big pool they don't do it. so all the merged mined coins that are not on big merged mining poos are awesome opportunities for anyone who is computer literate, they can run p2pool themselves and merged mine whichever merged mined coins the want to.

But for a lot of the ignorant masses anything that is not on major pools major exchanges and so on doesn't appeal to them, so the mere fact that IXCoin is on a major pool and a major exchange gives it a lot of cachet... and it has been there year after year.

-MarkM-

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 02:59:49 AM

Good to see you vlad

How is something this old even an option for returning? Old miners will have amassed huge amounts of coin.

If you want to release a new coin, do so.

First of all, thanks, unless you're just mocking me.

Second, what do you mean by how can ixCoin return just cause miners have amazed huge amounts?  

Everything has a price.  I bought 120,000 coins in about 5 days.  Some sell them from pools cause they think its going to zero.  Some sell cause they don't care and they see it keeps dropping.

Any coins can make a comeback even if the coin supply has been cornered, as long as you can create demand or the perception of demand and that's not that hard to do.

I'd advice you buy yourself just 1 bitcoin of ixCoin and hold it for 1 year And see what happens. This advice hurts me cause it makes makes it harder for me to accumulate ixCoins at better prices but I believe in ixCoin so much that I feel bad not giving out advice I believe to be true.

Edit:

Launch my own coin?  Ahahhahahaaa.  Ok, you are just messing with me. And here I was thinking I had one, just one guys who saw I'm trying to do a good thing.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:03:03 AM

do any of you guys have any knowledge of mergecoin, i have an idea which could promote ixcoin aswell in the process just need some help with my code

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 03:06:03 AM

All bitcoin miners who care about making more income from their bitcoin mining have been raking in this coin as a free extra on the side since way way back.

Essentially if you are a bitcoin miner you get to have namecoins, ixcoins, and devcoins thrown at you too if you use bitparking's merged mining pool.

Once upon a time you used to get I0Coins too, but who-ever cloned IXCoin to make I0Coin apparently could not resist adding a stupid "die daily" bug and it seems likely one or more memory leaks, so I guess it is not really a clone of IXCoin at all but rather a butchered broken pathetic attempt at a clone of IXCoin.

So part of why IXCoin is still with us is the fact that unlike I0Coin it did not force bitparking to drop it by gobbling up memory like crazy and dying every day or few trying to do some DNS lookup that either no other coin considers necessary or that other coins manage to do without killing themselves.

Maybe it could have been partly because of the gory failure of I0Coin to just basically work like normal coins just basically worked that led to bitparking not adding the rest of the merged mined coins, such as groupcoin and coiledcoin and geistgeld. (Though geistgeld is even more of a memory hog than i0coin so has its own justification for not being included.)

So this coin is one that vast numbers of people already have some of, yes. Another way of putting that is to say it has a large user-base.

However those users have very weak hands, many of them probably just dump their IXCoins on an exchange without even caring about depth, they likely don't even bother to put an asking price and wait for it to be met, likely they just pretty much blindly dump. In other words you can buy the things dirt cheap, many of the old holders might not even hold any really but just dump to an exchange those that bitparking gives them "free" while they mine bitcoins.

I admit that the amount of hashing securing the IXCoin chain makes me feel like oh gosh I can hardly mine any of those compared to I0Coin, I am so glad bitparking dropped I0Coin because now I0Coin is much much easier to mine so I can mine a lot more I0Coin than IXCoin. It is great because all the lazy ignorant people who just want to be given money by a magic money machine without even understanding how the thing works are too lazy and too determined to stay ignorant to actually go out and merged-mine stuff themselves, if its not on a big pool they don't do it. so all the merged mined coins that are not on big merged mining poos are awesome opportunities for anyone who is computer literate, they can run p2pool themselves and merged mine whichever merged mined coins the want to.

But for a lot of the ignorant masses anything that is not on major pools major excchanges and so on doesn't appeal to them, so the mere fact that IXCoin is on a major pool and a major exchange gives it a lot of cachet... and it has been there year after year.

-MarkM-

I'm not computer literate enough mark and I've honestly tried.  Is there any way i can pay you to set up a merge mine on my computer but its CPU Only so it may not be worth it.  Cause I see it exactly like you. These small pools people run from are where it's at and I'm mining or wanna mine for the long term so I don't care if a coin now is worthless like ixCoin, this is all about the future for me.

Can you suggest anything, anyway I can have someone set up a merge miner on my old dell server?  TIA

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 03:07:29 AM

do any of you guys have any knowledge of mergecoin, i have an idea which could promote ixcoin aswell in the process just need some help with my code

I've been trying all week to find a real programmer and can't.  Caution.   Most are self learned coders and cannot program anything serious.

I'd say marK can program but I wouldn't stick my hand in the fire for it.  Good luck.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:08:17 AM

Im planning on making a public one with another coin instead of BTC if anyones interested pm me and ill get back to you when ive got the coin working

Vlad, ive been using mark's code he pointed me too but im having trouble with it at some point

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: