Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:19:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 10:13:42 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 10:25:35 AM by markm

Google Adwords?

What are you using for a landing+capture page?

It is crazy to pay for hits you cannot capture. Even if you have a good conversion rate of capturing visitors onto your mailing-list and a damn fine set of messages lined up in the mailing-list software to send out to them to keep them engaged and keep working toward further conversion, resales and so on Adwords is pretty expensive.

If you don't even have a high conversion capture to a high conversion series of emails then adwords is pretty much a waste of money.

How many millions of hits and dollars of experience do you have at adwords campaigns?

Seriously you are up against people with massive experience at every part of the whole adwords-campaigns scene, I sure as heck would not waste even a bunch of dumped BBQcoins on adwords let alone any of my precious merged mined coins.

Google used to constantly send out $100 adwords credits though, at the time I could hardly even give them away. Maybe if everyone who doesn't have an adsense account got their website approved for displaying adsense ads they'd all get free adwords credits to try to lure them into buying adwords, then you could try your adwords campaign idea using umpteen free $100 adwords credits instead of people's precious coins.

The videos are nice, but IXCoin is hard to get, it took literally years of merged mining at mmpool then on my own p2pool to get the few IXCoins I have managed to accumulate, I'd be more inclined to give out GeistGeld or maybe DeVCoins for bounties than IXCoin or I0Coin.

I think we should be promoting the whole merged mining concept, the entire family of merged mined coins, BTC, NMC, DVC, GRP, IXC, I0C, CLC and XGG as one family of coins all mined at once together merged. Denominations of Bitcoin even maybe in a sense. Litecoin is maybe not really the silver to bitcoin's gold as you don't dig them both up at once when mining for metals, a merged mined family makes much better sense as a bunch of metals you pick up any/all of at once when you set out to mine some metals. Maybe NaMeCoin is the silver because silverpoint lets you write on rock (you can write on stone/plaster maybe even drywall aka gyprock with a piece of silver) and NaMeCoin too has this thing of being able to write information down with/in it.

IXCoin is not competing with the rest of the family, or should not be, it is just another member of the family, with its own interesting flavour, mined right alongside all the rest by any miner who is competent enough to set up p2pool (which is dead simple to set up and merged mine with).

IXCoin the boat got missed long long ago. I0Coin got a second chance for everyone to get some at low difficulty when mmpool dropped it, but that opportunity is now gone again as mmpool has picked it back up. They also picked up GRouPcoin at the same time, so gone too are the days when merged miners smart enough to do their own merging instead of wait for some public pool to do it (and thus miss the boat due to public pools making them increase in difficulty so much so fast) were picking up GRouPcoin nice and easy. Instead of moaning about your want/need for bounties how about getting CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld included into your merge as those are where the rewards are to be found in the merged mined family now. Get them before you miss the boat on those too. Any moment now the scamcoins of the day are going to start churning out with merged mining included in them, so make sure you pick up lots of these last two of the old-timers before floods of scamcoins start trying to give a bad name to the whole merged mined family.

Maybe the whole family could be used as "The Allies" in more Hitler footage or something? Have something about how the whole lot of them are all over the place covering everything from data storage (NaMeCoin) through super-fast transactions (GeistGeld)... Maybe IXCoin's speciality is "sudden death" in allusion to its cold turkey sudden stop to minting compared to e.g. I0Coin's tapering off over a longer time. Ixians are hardened/conditioned to stare death in the face, sudden death is no stranger to them, they have lived with it all their lives... But like heroes, they only die but once, not a thousand times like cowards...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:30:50 AM

@MarkM,

I like.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:40:26 AM

MarkM

I am sure there might be upside for the other merge coins,  but none of them except i0coin is traded in an exchange.

iXcoin is unique compared to your list in that with NMC, DVC it is mined with the very large pools (i.e. GHash.IO).    The reason no major pools will include these other coins is that the mint rate is different and therefore has a significant effect on the resource consumption of the pool.  That is why I0Coin has such a big problem with its implementation.  iXcoin has the same block rate as NMC, DVC and BTC so it works without issue in these big pools.

iXcoin is traded in at least 2 exchanges.  Vircurex and Cryptsy.   The problem though with Vircurex is that there is really no liquidity.   Just today, somebody sold like 120,000 IXC for .00012 which is really a dumb move since Cryptsy was buying at over .00016.  

Finally, the iXcoin strategy is to focus on (1) international markets (2) user defined currencies.   All these other coins that you mentioned really doesn't have any development support and no real plan on how to get anywhere.

You guys really have no skin in the game with iXcoin to really have a say on its future development.  That is what I find disappointing.  You got opinions about how it should work, but you have no skin in the game.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:14:30 PM

I think the reason they are selling is this news. 1 BTC = 100.000 USD in a short period. 13.000.000 * 100.000 = 1300.000.000.000 USD

http://blog.coinmkt.com/category/news/
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 03:48:09 PM

You guys really have no skin in the game with iXcoin to really have a say on its future development.  That is what I find disappointing.  You got opinions about how it should work, but you have no skin in the game.  

I have been pouring bitcoins into IXCoin trying to do as I do with DeVCoin, the problem is that putting buy offers at every Satoshi of price all the way up is just impractical so I had to go in steps of 100, 25 or 5 Satoshis of price.

I have bought thousands and have them sitting in sell offers waiting to replenish my capital so I can put even more buy offers in place.

I have spent 16+ hour days just typing in offers because Vircurex lacks a tool to say "distribute this many coins into offers at all prices ranging from this price through this price".

It is going to take a long time to fill up the buy side orderbook the way I do for DeVCoins but I just keep plugging away at it and some day I will get there.

I even take money out of my DeVCoin-upholding to put toward upholding IXCoin.

I also have p2pool set up to merged mine so I can support IXCoin's hashrate without thereby sacrificing my ability to also mine other coins that for whatever reasons other pools have not seen fit to include, such as I0Coin and GRouPcoin that are now on Bitparking's mmpool merged mining pool and CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld that as far as I know are currently not on any public pools.

I am spending fortunes on mining equipment because migrant miners cannot be trusted to stick around securing blockchains so I feel it necessary to have dedicated equipment so I know for sure there is hashpower dedicated that will not run off chasing the latest scamcoin.

I also run an Open Transactions server and make available tables and plots at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html and have been gathering more data for such tables and plots ( see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc ) that will be added to the tables and plots at the next update / expansion of the tables and plots scripts.

How much skin do you have in IXCoin?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 03:51:01 PM

I think the reason they are selling is this news. 1 BTC = 100.000 USD in a short period. 13.000.000 * 100.000 = 1300.000.000.000 USD

http://blog.coinmkt.com/category/news/

That's old news so I doubt it.  Besides, alts will go up even more % wise once Bitcoin takes off again.  It should hit $7,000 in the next 3 months.  That's my take.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:57:06 PM

I have been pouring bitcoins into IXCoin trying to do as I do with DeVCoin, the problem is that putting buy offers at every Satoshi of price all the way up is just impractical so I had to go in steps of 100, 25 or 5 Satoshis of price.

I have bought thousands and have them sitting in sell offers waiting to replenish my capital so I can put even more buy offers in place.

I have spent 16+ hour days just typing in offers because Vircurex lacks a tool to say "distribute this many coins into offers at all prices ranging from this price through this price".

It is going to take a long time to fill up the buy side orderbook the way I do for DeVCoins but I just keep plugging away at it and some day I will get there.

I even take money out of my DeVCoin-upholding to put toward upholding IXCoin.

I also have p2pool set up to merged mine so I can support IXCoin's hashrate without thereby sacrificing my ability to also mine other coins that for whatever reasons other pools have not seen fit to include, such as I0Coin and GRouPcoin that are now on Bitparking's mmpool merged mining pool and CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld that as far as I know are currently not on any public pools.

I am spending fortunes on mining equipment because migrant miners cannot be trusted to stick around securing blockchains so I feel it necessary to have dedicated equipment so I know for sure there is hashpower dedicated that will not run off chasing the latest scamcoin.

I also run an Open Transactions server and make available tables and plots at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html and have been gathering more data for such tables and plots ( see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc ) that will be added to the tables and plots at the next update / expansion of the tables and plots scripts.

How much skin do you have in IXCoin?

-MarkM-

My apologies... I forgot that you were market making iXcoin at Vircurex.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:58:07 PM

We have an initial draft of the press release for iXcoin that we will delivery to the financial news wires.

http://ixc.boards.net/thread/25/draft-press-release

Please add your comments prior to final release.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:34:01 AM

Dear Ixians,

I think it's time to open up to the world. This coin now lack nothing important but advertising. We have really to think how to make it known to the world. Youtube is a good start. But we need more. I think we need to create a frame.

Just taking example from other coins, we need:

- videos: a great quantity
- open up topics in forums
- develop apps for android / iphone
- new wallet 0.8.6 on Windows
- a even more outstanding website, with a news section updated at least twice a week and more languages
- more bounties and giveways
- more people ready to give their time or/and donations
- a website where we can start trading items using ixcoins
- constant presence on websites like ebay
- a new coin logo made with maya/photoshop or a similar program

In other words, Ixcoin needs:
- programmers helping FrictionlessCoin in creating new features and tools
- people updating and keeping fresh the website content
- a group of people taking care of a online icvoin market
- translators
- benefactors offering donations in ixcoins
- designers for a new logo and ideas
- maya/photoshop experts
- video makers
- ios / android programmers
- people spending their precious time in contributing to this forum and the one in ixc.boards.net
- people inviting other friends to know ixcoin on facebook, twitter, etc.
- new investors
- new pools
- new exchanges
- promoters of ixcoin on ebay
- people giving their own good ideas on how to accelerate the growth of the coin

I do not consider all the points written above as a wise pattern to follow, but a must if we want have a even more successful coin.

Thanks for the ideas.  It'll take time, but we are building on a solid foundation.  

I'm in for the long haul.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:28:56 AM

Btc-e.com messages about IXCoin:

https://btc-e.com/news/46
Start trading - iXcoin i0coin
24.12.11 22:29 from support
Dear participants of the exchange btc-e.com
On 24.12.2011 we started to re-tender for currencies and iXcoin i0coin
Deposits on Ixcoin suspended to 43 600 block, due to possible incorrect transition associated with updating a new client Ixcoin.
Yours support btc-e.com

https://btc-e.com/news/54
Close of trading on the crypto-currencies of the GG, I0C, CLC, DVC, IXC
18.01.12 00:00 from support
Dear participants of the exchange BTC-e.com
In connection with zero turnovers in the crypto-currencies GG, I0C, DVC, CLC, IXC since January 30, trades for him will be closed.
On January 31, balances on GG, I0C, DVC, CLC, IXC will be cleared.
Yours support btc-e.com

That could be a possibility to have the coin restarted ant trade at BTC-E.   I do wonder though if a lot of investors have their IXC stuck in BTC-E!  Maybe they were to lazy at the time to move it out.  That was a very long time ago January 2012.  BTC had crashed the previous year and likely was at its low.

This is interesting because it does somewhat explain why I don't see any large older holder of the coin.  

Could you do so analysis of the orderbooks of iXcoin on Vircurex and iXcoin?   How many coins are on the sell side for both?   This could give us a glimpse of what they call the "float".  If the "float" is extremely low,  then a pump can easily move the coin.

Actually, looking at Cryptsy https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/38 depth chart.  The only big seller is at .0003 which is nearly 100% from where it is now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

Is your guess a good number of IXC are in the hands of BTC-e.com?
If so, me being BTCe.com, probably I would not have restarted trading IXC too soon, just to avoid ex owners coming back to claim their forgotten coins. But now, we talk about 1 year ago. They had enough time to complain about their cleared coins.

BTC-e.com, welcome back your prodigal son  Grin IXC

If IXC starts getting volume in its exchanges then here is a good possibility that IXC gets re-listed on BTC-E.

It hasn't happened yet, but IXC has the hash rate to support a re-listing.

The other thing... CEX.IO also allows for trading,  right now they trade only NMC/BTC pair.  However, CEX.IO lets you deposit DVC and IXC, so there is a possibility of an exchange opening up there too.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 12:12:37 PM by FrictionlessCoin

Here is the BTC news that shows iXcoin started trading.

https://btc-e.com/news/46   -   Dec 28, 2011

This just shows you how incompetent the original developer was.

C'mon,  he got listed on BTC-E and he did nothing to develop the coin?

Anyway,  he didn't even bother to post the news here on bitcointalk.org.

So I did him a favor,  I posted the news about BTC-E trading IXC.  Unfortunately,  2 years late!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:29:34 PM

Posted on January 2nd -  Hash rate is now 4,628,212.6373 GHs.

Posted today (January 5th) - Hash rate is now 5,278,932.9856 GHs.

In other words, in 3 days, 1,000 more 1 THs SHA miners have joined the network and are mining iXcoin.

iXcoin is a gold mine and a lot of folks don't realize it yet!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:43:09 PM

BTER has all kinds of problems lately it seems. Such as no withdrawals.

Also it seems to be one of the scam-of-the-day exchanges, do we want to be thought to be just another one of the daily scams?

-MarkM-

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

Also it seems to be one of the scam-of-the-day exchanges, do we want to be thought to be just another one of the daily scams?

-MarkM-

Never used it. Thought it was a good start. Any other alternative exchange to start with?
Otherwise you MarkM, could you not convince the dvc almoner Unthinkingbit to give bounties for a new exchange: BTC-DVC / BTC-IXC (+ others SHA coins?)
This could be in line with your idea to keep them together, mining as well as exchange.

We should seriously consider BTER because it is tied to the chinese market.   This will give visibility of IXC.

Could you folks try to contact them?   I heard somewhere that DVC was doing to be listed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:27:40 PM

Aren't there any Chinese Bitcoin exchanges that might maybe consider just adding a few strong coins like maybe NaMeCoin, IXCoin, DeVCoin ?

Heck even if they also include Litecoin that is not too awful as it does at least seem to have maybe up towards half of the GPU/FPGA power though not sure it has over half even now...

I would much prefer to get onto a reputable exchange that is very very conservative about what to list than just another scam of the day exchange.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:33:25 PM

Do we have enough volume to spread over multiple exchanges without the volume at each being thereby diluted?

One exchange with good liquidity and good rep might be better than a whole bunch of pump and dump exchanges where basically the only activity we'd be likely to see would be the pump and dump people trying to screw around with the exchange rates etc?

-MarkM-

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

-MarkM-

Never used it. Thought it was a good start. Any other alternative exchange to start with?
Otherwise you MarkM, could you not convince the dvc almoner Unthinkingbit to give bounties for a new exchange: BTC-DVC / BTC-IXC (+ others SHA coins?)
This could be in line with your idea to keep them together, mining as well as exchange.

We should seriously consider BTER because it is tied to the chinese market.   This will give visibility of IXC.

Could you folks try to contact them?   I heard somewhere that DVC was doing to be listed.

BTER has already listed DVC-LTC

Why not IXC?

Yes.   It would be good for them to list us.  The visibility with the Chinese is very important.

Dexter,  can you approach them?  Do you know any chinese?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:35:28 PM

Do we have enough volume to spread over multiple exchanges without the volume at each being thereby diluted?

One exchange with good liquidity and good rep might be better than a whole bunch of pump and dump exchanges where basically the only activity we'd be likely to see would be the pump and dump people trying to screw around with the exchange rates etc?

-MarkM-

I agree the spreading out to too many exchanges makes liquidity a problem.

However, if an exchange gives us access to another international market, then the better.

So far, IXC is only traded in North American exchanges.  Vircurex (Canada) and Cryptsy (USA).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

Please do not rush in it. IXC has waited for years. It can wait for other two days.

First: it't good we take the time to evaluate how much credible is this exchange. We don't wanna put IXC followers in danger.
Second: consider the volume exchange possible. For example: what is the volume exchanged of DVC and NMC daily?
Third: I do not speak chinese, despite I have a friend of mine speaking quite a good chinese.
Fourth: I don't think chinese is important. Chinese people speak english.
Fifth: if there is one with an authority here is not me. Frictionlesscoin or MarkM do.
Sixth: let's try to take a united decision, well evaluated one.

I'm sure both of You has IXC's best interests at heart. My opinion?

If, if and only if this can be proved to be a serious/decent exchange (not considering momentary problems otherwise we should exclude Vircurex, Criptsy and MtGox too), to have visibility on the chinese market is a great opportunity.

Bter has been around for a while now.  I used it once a long time ago.   

I does not matter if there is any liquidity over there.  Typically there is not much.   

People from mainland or taiwan don't normally speak english.  Were did you get that idea?  Indians yes, but not chinese.

I go for pushing for BTER.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: