Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:30:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 90524 times)
binkyj357

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:53:47 PM

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but HitBTC finally let me generate an address. For those who still care lol.
brownfly

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:54:12 PM

Someone is salty they missed the pump  Smiley Wink

Yes and no. Yes - since I did not see personal gain. No - since you can clearly see that new BTG did not bring too much new on comparison to other altcoins and even less. So why this hype ever exists? Only because everybody is greedy and saw it as nice opportunity to get free money.
And yes I am greedy  too Wink

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
blackhorse7

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 06:45:46 PM

Interesting news:
"Looks like StarbugBG (Martin Kuvandzhiev) snuck a little easter egg in form of a hidden 0.5% fee directly paid to his wallet via coinbase tx into the pool code he suggested everyone to use:  https://github.com/StarbuckBG/node-stratum-pool/blob/master/lib/pool.js#L267"
br1mcoin

Activity: 182

br1mcoin : Savings & Wealth Creation Coin x11 Algo

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:06:14 PM

I have been mining on btgpool.pro and pool gold. Pool gold had no payment 8 hours of wasted mining. btgpool.pro was beter i recieved one payment on my coinomi account. i stopped mining because i didnt see any change in my immature or pending balance at btgpool.pro. Now half a day later i see my pending balance increasing and im not mining. I think because of this everyone is getting nervous. I will wait few more hours to see if pending balance will reach payout if it does i will continue if not i will stick to my zcash

I used coinomi address as well but it looks like the payment will not be finished, the balance in pool.gold is 0 now. Actually, I quit mining BTG already.

we did the same. It was a bit of hype, and most pool are not ready.
should do more testing.

cheaper to buy on dips.

WaveFront

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:30:27 PM

Why was a separate version of the EWBF miner released for this coin? Isn't it the same Equihash algo as the others?

I mined BTG using the vanilla EWBF (the same that I use for Zcash) and it worked.
WaveFront

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:38:33 PM

This does not look good:
https://www.bitsonline.com/bitcoin-gold-scam-btg/

"Coinbase, Bittrex Refuse to Support BTG

Two of the world’s most dominant crypto exchanges—Coinbase and Bittrex—have officially come out against supporting the Bitcoin Gold fork.

Coinbase is standing their ground as the BTG devs refuse to release the BTG code, which is a huge “red flag” for Coinbase’s compliance officers.

Bittrex—the 3rd largest exchange in the world—is refusing along similar lines:

“At this time, the information and codebase presented by the Bitcoin Gold team is not in a functional state and Bittrex will not commit to opening a Bitcoin Gold trading market.”
This is old news. The BTG code has been released to the public, nevertheless it's a bit "too little, too late". The credibility of the project has already been hit.

I would summarize the whole project with "BGT: good idea, disasterous implementation"
br1mcoin

Activity: 182

br1mcoin : Savings & Wealth Creation Coin x11 Algo

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:19:15 AM

Why was a separate version of the EWBF miner released for this coin? Isn't it the same Equihash algo as the others?

I mined BTG using the vanilla EWBF (the same that I use for Zcash) and it worked.

yes, that original ZCASH Nvidia miner working just fine.

Kstudio

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:30:28 AM

offtopic perhaps. is there anywhere we can sell our btg from the snapshot?
Pumperdumper

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:27:55 PM

Someone is salty they missed the pump  Smiley Wink

Yes and no. Yes - since I did not see personal gain. No - since you can clearly see that new BTG did not bring too much new on comparison to other altcoins and even less. So why this hype ever exists? Only because everybody is greedy and saw it as nice opportunity to get free money.
And yes I am greedy  too Wink

Yeah - but in reality what does BTC offer that for example - Vertcoin doesn't?

Vertcoin is actually way faster than BTC.

BTC has only gotten to this point because it got such a nice pump - that it's taking it a while to come down.

There are only 2-3 coins that offer something new and innovative and practical and are moving forward.

BTC / LTC / ETH / BCH / BTG / ETC and 99% of the other coins - are in reality, all the same.

By the way - expect another pump on BTG once it goes back and settles under $120. It's at $35 million cap right now which is $6 million less than last night and about $21 more than what it was before the pump.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

offtopic perhaps. is there anywhere we can sell our btg from the snapshot?

HitBTC has deposits and withdrawals now. I think Binance is open for trading now as well, but I'm not 100% sure since I have not tried it myself. There may be other exchanges as well at this time.
sangwookie

Activity: 168

Put it all on the line and go for broke

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:08:57 PM

Ok after reading through this I have learned:
1: it’s not safe to retrieve your coins because of possible replay attacks and much worse
2: the developers are a mess and they launched a non-working product
3: mining is impossible
4: wallets don’t work
5: we shouldn’t trust this coin

Anything I miss?

Thanks

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
binkyj357

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:36:29 PM

Ok after reading through this I have learned:
1: it’s not safe to retrieve your coins because of possible replay attacks and much worse
2: the developers are a mess and they launched a non-working product
3: mining is impossible
4: wallets don’t work
5: we shouldn’t trust this coin

Anything I miss?

Thanks

Slight exaggeration. Slight.
lucianus_luciferus

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

nothing is lost if you don't lose yourself

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 12:11:48 AM

i was thinking of trying to mine this coin but after reading this thread... no way  Grin

binkyj357

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:04:26 AM

i was thinking of trying to mine this coin but after reading this thread... no way  Grin

Aww, come on lol. I mean, this has been so hilarious I haven't even bothered to point my rig back @ XMR. Reading this thread alone has been worth hangin' in there another day or two.
brownfly

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:35:51 AM

BTC / LTC / ETH / BCH / BTG / ETC and 99% of the other coins - are in reality, all the same.

ETH = BTC? Really?!  Grin

Bitcointalk ANNS channel: https://t.me/bitcointalkanns
Sawadee

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:38:27 AM

getting the first conf´s on btg.suprnova this morning
bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:45:30 AM

Its malware, they're putting in code that sends the dev's a cut of the miners work, just like the bgoldd daemon, code was found that sends a cut to dev's when blocks are found

All code assoicated with BTG is MALWARE

Only run code as source that U have actually inspected

The give away proxy's for BTG are also malware and send a cut ( maybe all ) to the dev's
stevanprice

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 08:40:07 AM

Even though I am a veteran in trading, I am an absolute newbie in mining related matters. I have never tried to mine because my laptop is very old with Intel i3 processor. However, I have recently purchased a new gaming laptop with i7 processor, 12 GB ram and 4 GB DDR5 graphics card. It is still on the way and probably will receive it within another 4 days. I am planning to mine Bitcoin Gold which are going to be created after the upcoming hard fork.

Can anyone please help me with a step-by-step guide of bitcoin gold mining. I need to know from the beginning as I have no idea about mining.

Thanks in advance!
to be honest I also just know about this mining, but from some articles that I read there mention that there are several ways that one can use one with cpu. well I am also confused here how to use it how? while I am a person who does not master computer. please also if you can explain in more detail or there may be manuals. thank you
Royhan25

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:17:05 AM

Pool will come up befor I go to sleep. Just enough time to ensure everything is running with no issues. Then after being asleep for 20 minutes I am sure there will be some pool or software issue that kick my connection out. Yay launch day Grin
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 09:23:26 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2017, 09:56:38 AM by toptek

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but HitBTC finally let me generate an address. For those who still care lol.

changenow will let you trade BTG an does the same thing ShapeShift does but does it better ....

changenow: https://changenow.io/?utm_source=btgexplorer&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=change_btg
ShapeShift : https://shapeshift.io/#/coins  plus ShapeShift  doesn't trade BTG yet ..

I changed mine to BCH .... and gonna keep mining BTG for now

The best pool i found so far for BTG mining

https://gpool.guru

There set up some thing like slushpool as far as seeing what you mine and are paid in looks or do it some thing like slushpool does it for BTC and ZEC mining.

https://slushpool.com  

so far the pool seems stable and the Pool operator's are honest ...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: