Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRISM - Who else is disgusted by this?  (Read 41054 times)
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:39:26 PM

Me neither, but I like not being watched so I am going to intstall some vpn software.
I'm not so stupid like most people to ignore this scandal.

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
cWq34#9tH-3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:12:51 PM

yeah, when i turned on fox news i couldnt belive it
but hey, i have nothing to hide

Saying "I have nothing to hide" is about the dumbest and most dangerous thing anyone could say about this: obviously you don't realize that it doesn't matter whether you have anything to hide or not because anything you say can and will be used (and twisted, and manipulated) against you. Words, and sentences, and situations can be easily selected, twisted, paired and/or taken our of context. Think of every word that you have used in the last 5-10 (or more) years or so.....etc. Even mis-dialed phone calls to someone could be used against you. I could go on and on... It really doesn't take much thought to see and to understand how incredibly and astronomically naive your position is. However, for whatever reason... you just don't get it.

So anyhow, bully for you, for you have just accepted and resigned yourself (and the rest of America/the former land of the brave and the free) to a position where you dare not express any discontent. Ever.

Let's also hope that everyone else that you might care about doesn't have anything to hide either. Let's also hope that all the politicians (that represent you and the rest of us over many serious & important matters) don't have anything to hide either.

Anyhow, you - you're in great shape, great and wonderfully submissive boot-licking shape! And it's good that you're okay with it. Stay submissive and subservient AND as long as you never grow a dissenting opinion and you never express any real concern then you'll be fine! Good man! Good man!
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Saying "I have nothing to hide" is about the dumbest and most dangerous thing anyone could say about this: obviously you don't realize that it doesn't matter whether you have anything to hide or not because anything you say can and will be used (and twisted, and manipulated) against you. Words, and sentences, and situations can be easily selected, twisted, paired and/or taken our of context. Think of every word that you have used in the last 5-10 (or more) years or so.....etc. Even mis-dialed phone calls to someone could be used against you. I could go on and on... It really doesn't take much thought to see and to understand how incredibly and astronomically naive your position is. However, for whatever reason... you just don't get it.

So anyhow, bully for you, for you have just accepted and resigned yourself (and the rest of America/the former land of the brave and the free) to a position where you dare not express any discontent. Ever.

Let's also hope that everyone else that you might care about doesn't have anything to hide either. Let's also hope that all the politicians (that represent you and the rest of us over many serious & important matters) don't have anything to hide either.

Anyhow, you - you're in great shape, great and wonderfully submissive boot-licking shape! And it's good that you're okay with it. Stay submissive and subservient AND as long as you never grow a dissenting opinion and you never express any real concern then you'll be fine! Good man! Good man!

That's exactly what I'm always telling the people!

cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:52:19 PM

Me neither, but I like not being watched so I am going to intstall some vpn software.
I'm not so stupid like most people to ignore this scandal.

That's right, you're not stupid. And I mean that with all sincerity. You are acting with wisdom.

Some other options are to:
1: install tor
2. use tails on a USB
3. i2p
4. freenet

Also... included in tails are some other privacy programs for irc, pidgin, yahoo messenger, private email/pgp, etc.

Everyone if you are an American who appreciates and values their former freedom - then it is your duty to take these precautions and to spread the word and to help others with this.

That being said, I am here to help anyone with the use of these programs.

Available here: www.torproject.org
cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:58:48 PM

skype too! JC their like effin cockroaches! Where's the damn "raid" when you need it?
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

The NSA is the greatest parasite since the beginning of life on earth...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:28:50 PM

Skype was insecure!?!  That is a bit of a yawn to us 'conspiracy theorists.'

I'm predicting that there are extensive programs involving subversion of popular software (especially operating systems but also popular add-ons from vendors such as Adobe and Oracle) and device firmware which are providing surveillance data to the NSA and similar organizations.  Sometimes through the vendor and sometimes not.  It will be watching with interest to see if such programs follow up the latest 'xkeyscore' disclosure.

Thankfully Bitcoin is immune from subversion from such programs because the lead developers of the solution do not believe in 'conspiricy theories'.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 07:53:47 PM

That is a bit of a yawn to us 'conspiracy theorists.'

The mission of agencies like the NSA is to fulfill the expectations of conspiracy theorists.

cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:06:45 PM

What we are talking about here is a confirmed and indisputed conspiracy - not a theory.

And if OB isn't impeached and all of his henchmen run out of the gov then this will make a mockery of everyone who claims (or claimed) that this could never happen in our country and that they would never allow it. If this is allowed to stand then it's really over.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:15:03 PM

From an NSA instruction manual:
"Point barrel downward toward foot and depress trigger."

As of today I do not use the Internet, I am going to go 100% TOR. I would also like to see a list of backdoored software. I will certainly not be buying any such products in the future.

Here are some resources:  https://prism-break.org/

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 08:52:40 PM

Saying "I have nothing to hide" is about the dumbest and most dangerous thing anyone could say about this
And not understanding irony when its so obvious in light of the context is...ah well i leave the name calling to you.
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:42:00 PM

From an NSA instruction manual:
"Point barrel downward toward foot and depress trigger."

As of today I do not use the Internet, I am going to go 100% TOR. I would also like to see a list of backdoored software. I will certainly not be buying any such products in the future.

Here are some resources:  https://prism-break.org/
Thanks for this website! It is really useful!

cWq34#9tH-3

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:19:37 PM

Saying "I have nothing to hide" is about the dumbest and most dangerous thing anyone could say about this
And not understanding irony when its so obvious in light of the context is...ah well i leave the name calling to you.

Nope, it absolutely isn't obvious in context when you consider that I have heard too many people say pretty much exactly what you did. First, they say it's wrong and then they say that it's no big deal because they have nothing to hide. And these idiots mean it. So how am I supposed to know that you aren't just another idiot?
bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:25:58 AM

Do you, or would you, live in a glass house?
Jason

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:33:32 AM

Speaking of people who think they have nothing to hide...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/01/government-tracking-google-searches

BM-2D7sazxZugpTgqm3M2MCi5C1t8Du8BN11f
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:34:11 AM

ffs, yes!
wanna see my dick now?

extremely dumb people that dont understand irony
here is a little recap:
it has been talked about the government spying on us here even before prism and all that shit for ages and then this:
bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:17:11 AM

You need something to indicate satire as it's difficult to detect through text.

But, yes it's true, this kind of spying has been around as long as the internet. If you believed in this before it was in the news, you were looked at as a crazy conspiracy theorist.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:28:59 AM

But, yes it's true, this kind of spying has been around as long as the internet. If you believed in this before it was in the news, you were looked at as a crazy conspiracy theorist.

Certainly, but here 99% of the members are tinfoilhat wearers. Cheesy
Fully equipped with VPNs, TOR, PGP etc. long before it broke the news.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:46:33 AM

Certainly, but here 99% of the members are tinfoilhat wearers. Cheesy
Fully equipped with VPNs, TOR, PGP etc. long before it broke the news.

Actually being secretive is probably the most sure-fire way to call attention to oneself, and once under the microscope one will need a truly extraordinary amount of technical ability to operate privately.  Unless you are a geek among geeks you probably don't have much of a chance if you are a person of significant interest.

I've long felt that the (supposed) massive data collection actually works well for anyone who has something to hide...and is smart enough to be an actual 'threat' if that is their disposition.  By being completely normal at all times and very carefully using secure methods to carry out important business it is more than likely that the 'evildoer' will evade any analysis whatsoever.  But again, this surveillance has probably close to zero to do with catching 'evildoers' as the the term is defined for public consumption and a great deal to do with political intimidation and what-not.

BTW, I am somewhat shocked at how 'mainstream' so many of the people in Bitcoin-land actually are, and also somewhat disappointed.  At this point I think it unlikely that the solution will develop the hardening it will need to succeed if/when the reason for the development of surveillance state emerges.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:14:03 PM

Actually being secretive is probably the most sure-fire way to call attention to oneself, and once under the microscope one will need a truly extraordinary amount of technical ability to operate privately.  Unless you are a geek among geeks you probably don't have much of a chance if you are a person of significant interest.
I'd disagree completely.   Here is why.  We routinely use SSL, is that "secretive"?  Nope, because it is common.  Many, many people use VPNs, if someone adopts such use is that "secretive"?  Nope.  Carry this forward with various other techniques and you see the flaw in the logic.  I recently quit using google's services entirely.  Does that mean I "called attention to myself?"

"Once under the microscope"Huh

REALLY?  Whose microscope exactly?

The NSA?  The IRS?  Eric Holder's crime gang?  Any of 50 commercial companies who want your data?

In my opinion, government and private company snooping falls into the malware/virus/worm category of nuisances.  And people have found anti virus programs to be very popular.  Similar for many other things that protect the little guy against "people who would steal their data".  So our protecting against outsiders is not new at all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: