Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:59:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoins for Edward Snowden.  (Read 30959 times)
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:57:41 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 04:19:03 AM by moni3z

Update 2: He claims to have a ton more super seekrit NSA files held in some sort of escrow if he's shot in the face/ricin poisoned/polonium spiked drink lol spies.

I think is just about a given ... a spook learns early to keep an ace up their sleeve. It is how the corruption proliferates, they all hold the goods on each other. It is why secret societies, secret govt. is incompatible with open, liberal democracies since you never really know what the agenda of any individual or sect is behind the public actions.

Snowden definitely has a bag of secrets he's been siphoning from NSA servers for a long time, apparently since 2004. Today in response to the US extradition request he leaked some more NSA hacking antics stamped top secret to the South China Post detailing how the NSA is stealing multi millions of text messages from their nationalized telecoms, a lot of it from backdoored proprietary firmware sold by US corps. Ruhroh

You'd think China would be smart enough not to drop a US corporate blackbox onto any of their networks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 05:46:04 AM

Just because I call Snowden out as a treasonous liar doesn't mean I support unconstitutional actions by my government.

Treason requires helping a foreign nation.  Which nation are you alleging he is helping, making war against or seriously injuring the US to the benefit of...?
Does this seriously hurt the USA?  It looks like most seem to be taking it in stride.
I'd guess the AG will go after a lesser crime, easier to prove, but which might still warrant extradition.

However if he is exposing unlawful activity, as some in the US congress have stated, then he may have some sort of immunity.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
RichG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:51:04 AM

Edward Snowden is a modern day hero and deserves support for everyone who wants to preserve basic liberties, democracy and privacy. Do not let them demonise this guy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

In footage shot by The Guardian newspaper, Edward Snowden said he packed his bags for Hong Kong three weeks ago, leaving behind a "very comfortable life'' in Hawaii, a salary of $200,000, a girlfriend, a stable career and a loving family.

"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building." Snowden said.

But he believed that the value of the internet, along with basic privacy, is being rapidly destroyed by ubiquitous surveillance. "I don't see myself as a hero," he said, "because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."

Once he reached the conclusion that the NSA's surveillance net would soon be irrevocable, he said it was just a matter of time before he chose to act. "What they're doing" poses "an existential threat to democracy", he said.

We just need to snag a BTC address for him Smiley.

I appreciate what he did to protect the freedoms of man, but

I couldn't resist!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:28:16 AM

Edward Snowden is a modern day hero and deserves support for everyone who wants to preserve basic liberties, democracy and privacy. Do not let them demonise this guy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/09/edward-snowden-nsa-whistleblower-surveillance

In footage shot by The Guardian newspaper, Edward Snowden said he packed his bags for Hong Kong three weeks ago, leaving behind a "very comfortable life'' in Hawaii, a salary of $200,000, a girlfriend, a stable career and a loving family.

"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building." Snowden said.

But he believed that the value of the internet, along with basic privacy, is being rapidly destroyed by ubiquitous surveillance. "I don't see myself as a hero," he said, "because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity."

Once he reached the conclusion that the NSA's surveillance net would soon be irrevocable, he said it was just a matter of time before he chose to act. "What they're doing" poses "an existential threat to democracy", he said.

We just need to snag a BTC address for him Smiley.

I appreciate what he did to protect the freedoms of man, but

I couldn't resist!

Had someone done the same thing as Snowden (and leaked docs) during Hitler's tenure, perhaps things would have went differently.
The black or white message in your image reminds me of the Nürnberg trials. Many of the Nazi soldiers didn't understand why they were being tried, they said "We were just following orders."  Cry
Rules and laws should never undermine humanity.

Think and Love,
Its about Sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:46:43 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2013, 12:33:57 PM by marcus_of_augustus

USA is at a cross-roads. Snowden is the signpost, he clearly points out in no uncertain terms that if America wants to go down this path facism, tyranny, authoritarianism and lots of well-known bad things will come from it ... and also points to the another way.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/general-keith-alexander-cyberwar/all/

From here on, there can be no excuses, no-one can say "we didn't know". The devil is sitting at the cross-roads too, deal in hand waiting for America's signature. Do you want to sign off on this? The choice is now crystal clear and no abdication of responsibility can be had from what happens from here on in.

Choose wisely.

nak

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:59:37 AM

I'm just severely worried for our future generations. All this surveillance will just be seemless and they will accept it as the norm.

1984 much?

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 02:05:18 PM

Snowden on the move
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/23/politics/nsa-leaks

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 02:45:41 PM

I'm just severely worried for our future generations. All this surveillance will just be seemless and they will accept it as the norm.

1984 much?

I actually don't have a problem with a transparent society - I think it is the future. But when the current government is controlled by lobbyists, corporations and corruption, then it only takes a few bad apples (i.e. - What basically has happened) to pull of something like Hitler did, or worse...

We must be careful now as marcus of augustus said...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 02:57:41 PM

If all that everyone did were knowable to everyone...
Would anyone bother with lies, would there be shame?
Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left
with only honest dealing based on our efforts?
Are we now closer or further from finding out?

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:05:41 PM

Snowden leaves Hong Kong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23021237

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left

Universal security cameras, at least in "public" places.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 03:31:18 PM

Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left

Being Hollywood adjacent, and having produced some film, I've contemplated doing my next one entirely by security camera.
My actors and actresses can act out their scenes under the view of security cameras around the city, when cut together, the greater whole emerges.

Sure to be a stealth blockbuster.  Oscar here I come.

TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

Anger, violence, theft?
Would we be left

Being Hollywood adjacent, and having produced some film, I've contemplated doing my next one entirely by security camera.
My actors and actresses can act out their scenes under the view of security cameras around the city, when cut together, the greater whole emerges.

Sure to be a stealth blockbuster.  Oscar here I come.

You can do the close ups as seen by cell and laptop cameras.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:09:43 PM

Beautiful news. If we could just get Assange out of the UK as well.

Looking Forward to a weekly  Snowden internet based TV show...

BTC = Black Swan.
moni3z

Activity: 899

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 06:50:04 PM

Russia Today, the Kremlin's hilarious propaganda channel offered Assange his own show at one time, probably will offer Snowden a weekly show to punch the US gov in the nuts repeatedly though I don't think he's staying in Russia. Seems like his plan is to go to Cuba and then apply for safe haven in Ecuador like Assange is doing.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:06:32 PM

Russia Today, the Kremlin's hilarious propaganda channel offered Assange his own show at one time, probably will offer Snowden a weekly show to punch the US gov in the nuts repeatedly though I don't think he's staying in Russia. Seems like his plan is to go to Cuba and then apply for safe haven in Ecuador like Assange is doing.

Equador it is:  http://rt.com/news/ecuador-asylum-request-snowden-135/

Of note, RT is the propaganda outlet for Russia. But each country is the same - CNN, FOX, etc. do likewise for the US. Max Keisser went into this and made some good points in a past episode.

BTC = Black Swan.
padalin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:30:20 PM

are you guys all still worrying about some criminal that broke his oath? Huh
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

go back to bed padalin, your government is in control. You are free, to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 09:38:32 PM

You mean Obomba? Yeah, what's not to worry about?

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
marcus_of_augustus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 11:48:55 PM

General Keith Alexander's oath to uphold the Constitution?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: