Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Juneteenth just took my US$425 and sent no 4.0 BTC  (Read 6301 times)
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:09:07 AM

Goose, have you talked to paypal yet?  It's very plausible that something on June's end is not letting him refund so you should be able to call up PP and have them reverse the transaction?  Although if a dispute is open for 7 days or some fixed amount of time without receiving a reply, it should automatically be reversed anyways.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:43:17 AM

Hi WuLabsWuTecH - yes i have spoken to them.

They advised (1) that the seller IS ABLE to refund the money once the dispute has been opened; and
                   (2) if the seller was indeed speaking to paypal or now calls to speak to them - all he has to do is advise them to find the case in buyer favour and the case will be closed and my money refunded.

As such, I DO NOT believe June has spoken to them or tried to refund - his advise from them being so different to what i just got.

Juneteenth - Call them again please and ask them to find the case in my favour so that i get my funds and you get your account limitation lifted. ITS IN BOTH OUR INTERESTS.
Juneteenth

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:30:36 AM

They advised (1) that the seller IS ABLE to refund the money once the dispute has been opened; and
                   (2) if the seller was indeed speaking to paypal or now calls to speak to them - all he has to do is advise them to find the case in buyer favour and the case will be closed and my money refunded.

As such, I DO NOT believe June has spoken to them or tried to refund - his advise from them being so different to what i just got.

Juneteenth - Call them again please and ask them to find the case in my favour so that i get my funds and you get your account limitation lifted. ITS IN BOTH OUR INTERESTS.

I spoke to them a whole lot of times. If i can bring u on tv i can show you whats going on. Download teamviewer pls
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:36:21 AM

I have figured out why!
It seems as if paypal took the exchange fees when converting to USD from AUD so apparently its lot letting me send because i do not have the 16.88 USD in conversion fees.. IDK why but this is BS. the proof is below.
http://i40.tinypic.com/qposxe.png
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:37:21 AM

And paypal is aware of the currency exchange difference as well?  it may be very well that he can refund you, but if the refund process involves a change of currency before it leaves his account vs as it is put into yours, that may be while there is a block--since I do believe that that would not be allowed under the limited account.

And yes, let's see what June says they are saying when he asks them to find the case in the favour of the other party (goose).  I'm guessing June is having some technical difficulties, but he should be able to call PP and have them do it for him.

And yes, it would be in both of your favor since you want your money back ASAP and June seems to have to get this account lock taken care of and doesn't need to have a chargeback on his records while he's trying to take care of this!
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

I have figured out why!
It seems as if paypal took the exchange fees when converting to USD from AUD so apparently its lot letting me send because i do not have the 16.88 USD in conversion fees.. IDK why but this is BS. the proof is below.

Haha, you beat me to it!  I had a feeling it had to do with currency exchange.  Like I said, call them up and see what they can do for you.  But it looks like my work as a mediator may be coming to an end with a good resolution Smiley
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:46:23 AM

yes very much so. Paypal isnt open yet so I will be calling first thing and update here. Next update should be a full refund.. I think the currency conversions are bs they should refund them with no hesitation.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:08:32 AM

Relief to hear. Thx June. Would appreciate you doing that.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:48:24 PM

Juneteenth, what hell is going on??

June 8th 2013 - you are desperately trying to buy btc.
June 9th 2013 - you are desperately trying to sell btc.
You send me a money request from an unverified paypal account and take my $425.
Today - you are trying to sell a $500 eBay gift card for btc.
Huh None of this is looking good dude.

xboxgames

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:55:24 PM

I've seen through his shit from day one. Charge it back through credit card goose. And call him out in his eBay thread
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:21:37 PM

Yes. This guy is SCAMMING all sides. He has an excuse for everything but never delivers up anything.

His excuse about the exchange rate fee is BS too. No fee gets charged to him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Xbox, but a refund does not get held up because of exchange rate etc.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:37:43 PM

Yes. This guy is SCAMMING all sides. He has an excuse for everything but never delivers up anything.

His excuse about the exchange rate fee is BS too. No fee gets charged to him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Xbox, but a refund does not get held up because of exchange rate etc.

No, it does not.  When he does a refund, all the fees and all that are refunded also.  You can even see that in his screen shot. 

Unless he spent part of the funds as soon as he got them and before account was locked, he has the money.

He is being dumb.  If he is not a scammer, he should refund to clear his account.  He will still have to provide the information they are asking for, but they will not unlock his account if there is a dispute on it AND its locked.  That is a guarantee.

On the other hand, if he is a scammer, he is not very smart to not refund still.  This is going to make paypal look at his account harder.  Plus, playing devils advocate...... if he would have just refunded, it makes him look honorable to this forum, and he gets to scam more people.

So, in one way, I guess its good he has shown his true colors.

This is an example of why not to use paypal, on both sides.  All these people who think they have it figured out....you don't.  There is no safe paypal transaction involving BTC.  They WILL shut down your account, and you WILL wait almost 6-12 months to get your money out of paypal, if they let you.

Be warned people.  Don't play games with PayPal.  Moneypaks are way easier, if you have the receipt to go with them. 
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:28:00 PM

I'm so confused.  Why is this new $500 ebay thing relevant?  And did june call paypal?  If so, what did he say they said?
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:39:57 PM

no he is totally lying. Goose.. You need to call paypal. Because they have held funds and i have tried to refund 100 times. it says i can but it will not let me and i can let any user tv my account to show for proof. Also.. Ihave a professional 9-5 so thats why im not always online daytimne.

He saw I listed a ebay gift card.. which was from a friend. Nothing to do with my account. But my friend ended up selling it on bitmit.

and all you idiots.. You obviously see i got charged a fee in the screenshot.. Nowe i really think xbox and goose are the same person. Xbox please dont comment here anymore. WuTech.. if you would laike to tv my paypal.. i'd appreciate it so another person can see whats going on.
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:43:32 PM

Monitoring
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:44:02 PM

I'm so confused.  Why is this new $500 ebay thing relevant?  And did june call paypal?  If so, what did he say they said?

You don't think him buying BTC, selling BTC, and selling a 500.00 gift card is relevent to the fact that he owes a memeber over 400.00 and seems to not have a care in the world about resolving it relevent.

He is coming in here, posting all kinds of things that make no sense, making up 100 excuses, which I know are patently NOt how paypal operates, yet he is still being defended.

Tell ya what.  Why dont YOU buy the gift card from him?  
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:36:07 PM

no he is totally lying. Goose.. You need to call paypal. Because they have held funds and i have tried to refund 100 times. it says i can but it will not let me and i can let any user tv my account to show for proof. Also.. Ihave a professional 9-5 so thats why im not always online daytimne.

He saw I listed a ebay gift card.. which was from a friend. Nothing to do with my account. But my friend ended up selling it on bitmit.

and all you idiots.. You obviously see i got charged a fee in the screenshot.. Nowe i really think xbox and goose are the same person. Xbox please dont comment here anymore. WuTech.. if you would laike to tv my paypal.. i'd appreciate it so another person can see whats going on.

You should just be able to vid-screencap it and post it to youtube under a private link or something.  What's stopping Goose from saying that you and I are the same person or that I let you borrow my BCT account?  But if you screencap it, perhaps xbox can tell you what you are doing wrong since he does seem to have some decent amount of knowledge of how PP works.

What I was alluding to, xbox, was not that the fees wouldn't be refunded to him--they would.  As his screencap shows, there is an amount to be refunded that is from his account and an amount that is from the PP fees that equals $425.  BUT, and this is a big BUT (I like big butts and I cannot lie... oh sorry, ADD kicked in there...) if the exchange rate has changed since then (which it most certainly has) then THAT could be causing issues.  I agree that this is a contrived problem, but it seems to be more of a technical problem.  I say this because I've encountered little quirks like this in the PP system before and even their tech support cannot figure it out sometimes (seriously, who would think a difference of a few cents would bring the refund button to a screeching halt?).

One way around this would be to try to deposit a couple more dollars into the account to see if that might cover the exchange rate difference.  I don't know if he can do this or not with the account locked.  Yes, it puts him out $5, but it's also only about 1% of the cost of the transaction.  I personally would do this for my customers but that's also because I have an eBay account with 100% positive feedback for nearly 10 years running and I wouldn't want to jeopardize this over a small amount of revenue.  But he is obviously not obligated to do this.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:37:58 PM

You can add funds with a restricted account.

WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:57:58 PM

You don't think him buying BTC, selling BTC, and selling a 500.00 gift card is relevent to the fact that he owes a memeber over 400.00 and seems to not have a care in the world about resolving it relevent.

He is coming in here, posting all kinds of things that make no sense, making up 100 excuses, which I know are patently NOt how paypal operates, yet he is still being defended.

Because I don't need a $500 ebay giftcard?  But if you were looking for a birthday gift... :-p

The reason I don't think this is a scam is because of the fact that he has some pretty good proof that his account is locked.  I don't think the screenshot is faked.  What is the chance that he knew his account would be locked, and then asked for payment of the $425?  Pretty slim if you ask me.  Yes, it does sound like he does not have a lot of experience with PP and he does not have a business account, but being inept with technology does not a scammer one make.  Otherwise my grandfather would be a scammer!  It took myself a few years to learn everything about what I use in PP and I'm sure there's a lot more to learn still.

Do I know he is not a scammer?  No, of course not, there is only one person that knows that for sure at this point, but the evidence, at least to me, points to the fact that he is probably not.  It sounds like Goose has opened a dispute and June has made no effort to counter--a scammer certainly would make some sort of counter rather than letting the money just go.  Yes, he should call up PP and ask them to resolve in favor of the claimant, but I wouldn't be surprised if PP required this to be in writing.  And remember, disputes that are not responded to in a certain time frame (I want to say it's a week from the date of purchase? but I could be making this up, I know it's less than 20 days for sure based on PP's website) will allow the buyer to elevate it to a claim. "You and the buyer communicate directly on the PayPal site. If you don’t respond, the buyer may escalate the issue to a claim."

Like I said, there are a lot of little nuances of how PP operates that causes a lot of glitches, and I doubt any one person could know all of these (because if their tech team knew, they would work to fix these!)

In regards to him buying and selling BTC, since this is a BTC forum, that doesn't strike me as odd at all.  And neither does selling a giftcard.  Just because your account is locked doesn't mean that you can't still conduct business as usual.  Imagine if we had to shut down our company every time paypal locked our account!  Can you imagine the lost sales?  Yes, I'm sure that not having PP would cause slow down business as people who want to pay via PP might go elsewhere, but it's not a red flag in and of itself.

And would I do business with him?  Probably not.  But that's not because of this thread.  I don't do business with people I don't trust and know all that well with BTC because it is a non-reversible transaction.  If escrowed, I would consider it, but why pay for escrow when I have my own list of trusted members?

The reason I defend him is that I believe in innocence until proven guilty, and he is still making an effort here to post what he;s doing even if it doesn't seem to be the most expeditious route to those of us with more experience with PP.  I have dealt with a locked account before on more than one occasion and I can tell you it's a very frustrating experience.  But I believe the following steps could resolve the issue if the parties involved know how to do it:

1) June contacts PP NOT in regards to this transaction, but just how to unlock his account.  If he does this, he can send funds back to goose and there is no problem left. (Or send the BTC, I would leave the choice up to Goose)
2) June asks PP to find the dispute resolution in favor of goose.  (n.b. this is not the same as refunding the buyer which obviously isn't working right now.  It has the same effect, but it allows the buyer to escalate to a claim which June is not disputing)
3) Goose hears nothing back from June and asks PP to escalate to a claim.  He will need to wait 7 days before this options is available IIRC, but it would work.
4) Goose files a chargeback with his CC company.  He gets the money back in 14-31 days.

Any of the 4 options would work.  But all parties involved need to swallow their pride a bit and come to terms with the fact that THEY have to take the action.  Xbox and I and anyone else involved can armchair quarterback but only one of them can actually call the play on the field.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:19:46 PM

Because I don't need a $500 ebay giftcard?  But if you were looking for a birthday gift... :-p

The reason I don't think this is a scam is because of the fact that he has some pretty good proof that his account is locked.  I don't think the screenshot is faked.  What is the chance that he knew his account would be locked, and then asked for payment of the $425?  Pretty slim if you ask me.  Yes, it does sound like he does not have a lot of experience with PP and he does not have a business account, but being inept with technology does not a scammer one make.  Otherwise my grandfather would be a scammer!  It took myself a few years to learn everything about what I use in PP and I'm sure there's a lot more to learn still.

Do I know he is not a scammer?  No, of course not, there is only one person that knows that for sure at this point, but the evidence, at least to me, points to the fact that he is probably not.  It sounds like Goose has opened a dispute and June has made no effort to counter--a scammer certainly would make some sort of counter rather than letting the money just go.  Yes, he should call up PP and ask them to resolve in favor of the claimant, but I wouldn't be surprised if PP required this to be in writing.  And remember, disputes that are not responded to in a certain time frame (I want to say it's a week from the date of purchase? but I could be making this up, I know it's less than 20 days for sure based on PP's website) will allow the buyer to elevate it to a claim. "You and the buyer communicate directly on the PayPal site. If you don’t respond, the buyer may escalate the issue to a claim."

Like I said, there are a lot of little nuances of how PP operates that causes a lot of glitches, and I doubt any one person could know all of these (because if their tech team knew, they would work to fix these!)

In regards to him buying and selling BTC, since this is a BTC forum, that doesn't strike me as odd at all.  And neither does selling a giftcard.  Just because your account is locked doesn't mean that you can't still conduct business as usual.  Imagine if we had to shut down our company every time paypal locked our account!  Can you imagine the lost sales?  Yes, I'm sure that not having PP would cause slow down business as people who want to pay via PP might go elsewhere, but it's not a red flag in and of itself.

And would I do business with him?  Probably not.  But that's not because of this thread.  I don't do business with people I don't trust and know all that well with BTC because it is a non-reversible transaction.  If escrowed, I would consider it, but why pay for escrow when I have my own list of trusted members?

The reason I defend him is that I believe in innocence until proven guilty, and he is still making an effort here to post what he;s doing even if it doesn't seem to be the most expeditious route to those of us with more experience with PP.  I have dealt with a locked account before on more than one occasion and I can tell you it's a very frustrating experience.  But I believe the following steps could resolve the issue if the parties involved know how to do it:

1) June contacts PP NOT in regards to this transaction, but just how to unlock his account.  If he does this, he can send funds back to goose and there is no problem left. (Or send the BTC, I would leave the choice up to Goose)
2) June asks PP to find the dispute resolution in favor of goose.  (n.b. this is not the same as refunding the buyer which obviously isn't working right now.  It has the same effect, but it allows the buyer to escalate to a claim which June is not disputing)
3) Goose hears nothing back from June and asks PP to escalate to a claim.  He will need to wait 7 days before this options is available IIRC, but it would work.4) Goose files a chargeback with his CC company.  He gets the money back in 14-31 days.

Any of the 4 options would work.  But all parties involved need to swallow their pride a bit and come to terms with the fact that THEY have to take the action.  Xbox and I and anyone else involved can armchair quarterback but only one of them can actually call the play on the field.

This makes no sense.  Let me explain why (bolded your statements)

1.  No one disputes his account is locked.  I agree that it is locked.  I also know what locked account can and cannot do, and he continues to say otherwise.  People can argue all they want, the fact remains that I understand the policy pretty freaking good after being employed by them and handling these issues.

2.  Personal or business account is totally irrelevent. 

3.  That is your opinion.  However, the evidence does NOT lead one to believe he is not a scammer. 

4.  This is insane.  A scammer would 100% let the funds go.  The scammer cannot start an open communication with paypal.  What is he going to say?  He has no proof of anything.  A scammer will simply open a new paypal account, under another fake name, and go on his way, chalking up this account as gone.  You DO NOT have to be verified by PayPal to receive OR spend money that is received.  Don't believe me?  I can make a PayPal account right now with any name you like, and you can send the account 1.00.  And guess what, it'll work.  Would you like to test that theory?  I will make an account with the name Mickey Mouse.

5.  PayPAl will not find in favor of anyone based on a phone call alone.  They will tell the receiver to refund the bill through the paypal website if he wished to close the dispute.  Otherwise, they will take their time in resolving the issue.

6.  In less than 24 hours, a new member goes from needing a nice sum of btc to wanting to unload a nice sum of BTC.... with no record of any transactions in between.  Yea, he could have bought them off site.  Pretty odd though.

7.  This is the same thing.  As soon as he is called out in the thread, he all of a sudden "sold it on bitmit".  Can I see that transaction please? 

8.  He has been advised numberous times.  This can be solved in 5 minutes.  Myself or anyone with a knowledge of PayPal could have this fixed in no time.  He refuses all attempts at reason.  Maybe he is upset because I called him out.  Sorry, when I see a duck, I call it a duck. 

9.  Back to number 4.  I highly suspect that this is a bogus PayPal account.  It is not verified.  I know for a fact you can get account verified, then if you remove your bank account, the account will most likely remain verified.  It will not all of a sudden go to unverified.  Additionally, he states he has had this acocunt for years.  Can you show us any transactions proving this? 

10.  They won't as described in number 5.

11.  Meanwhile, Goose is out the money until then.  If June is not a scammer, he should have the decency to get the man the BTC or his money.  Obviously his money at this point.

Also, I see a thread where someone was asking for help, and the next post was from this June guy.  Funny what the next post was..... the OP was telling the thread that he needed help, but was not giving his private key out to anyone.  Did he PM the guy and ask him for his private key for help?  Who does that?!?!?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: