Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:01:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Juneteenth just took my US$425 and sent no 4.0 BTC  (Read 6301 times)
Juneteenth

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:28:28 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 08:41:35 PM by Juneteenth

no i never asked him for a private key. Someone else did and he already told me that and i was shocked. Xbox games is going to eat his words because indeed i am not a scammer. I will post video proof also now.
http://youtu.be/IIpgXlJm6qM

and there it is. OP needs to find out.
xboxgames

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:30:51 PM

no i never asked him for a private key. Someone else did and he already told me that and i was shocked. Xbox games is going to eat his words because indeed i am not a scammer. I will post video proof also now.

I wont eat my words at all.  You are dodgy as hell, and if not a scammer, than you are just a lowlife who thinks only of himself.  either way, scum.  But, its just my opinion.  I am sure you will still be able to make deals here
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:42:52 PM

I wont eat my words at all.  You are dodgy as hell, and if not a scammer, than you are just a lowlife who thinks only of himself.  either way, scum.  But, its just my opinion.  I am sure you will still be able to make deals here
I work.. so of course i dont have time to stay online forever. Second.. OP desired to post in THIS thread instead of personally talking to me.. which is kinda suspicious. Then you  keep feeding words to op.. If anything OP should have resolved with me (which I tried to but he ignored) but instead he dragged others into it. I'm pretty sure i'm not a lowlife.. I'd say the same about you.. but idk... I dont say incriminating things to people.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:46:00 PM

1.  OP did not contact me.  I saw a scam accusation of a person I suspected in a previous thread, and called it out, and offered to help you clear your name.  You refused.

Now you are blaming the OP saying he should have reached out to you.........WTF do you call this whole thread? 

MAKE THE GODDAMN SHIT RIGHT AND HE WILL VERIFY YOU DID I AM SURE.  STOP DICKING AROUND.  YOU HAVE ALL THIS TIME TO ARGUE AND POST CONTRADICTING STORIES, BUT NO TIME TO PAY HIM BACK.  PLUS YOU HAVE TIME TO SELL A FRIENDS FUCKING GIFT CARD....THE PHANTOM GIFTCARD THAT THERE IS NO HISTORY OF SELLING ON BITMIT.

You might fool some people.  You arent fooling me one bit.  Fuck off scammer
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:50:57 PM

1.  OP did not contact me.  I saw a scam accusation of a person I suspected in a previous thread, and called it out, and offered to help you clear your name.  You refused.

Now you are blaming the OP saying he should have reached out to you.........WTF do you call this whole thread? 

MAKE THE GODDAMN SHIT RIGHT AND HE WILL VERIFY YOU DID I AM SURE.  STOP DICKING AROUND.  YOU HAVE ALL THIS TIME TO ARGUE AND POST CONTRADICTING STORIES, BUT NO TIME TO PAY HIM BACK.  PLUS YOU HAVE TIME TO SELL A FRIENDS FUCKING GIFT CARD....THE PHANTOM GIFTCARD THAT THERE IS NO HISTORY OF SELLING ON BITMIT.

You might fool some people.  You arent fooling me one bit.  Fuck off scammer
I did nto sell it on Bitmit. A friend decided to. Not me.. so there. You are now making up stories. I posted the video. All my screen caps were true. I don't need anyone to defend me. In this entire thread OP has ignored me.. ignored pms.. he just kept repeating what YOU said.. Of course! My suggestion to you is that if you actually worked for paypal( which reminds me.. whats your nae.. because a very reliable source wants to know) You would know what my video meant.. and you would noticed i called plenty of times. I cannot call about OP account.. i can only call about my own! Please GTFO this thread. You serve no purpose because now OP isnt online which is as much bs as he says about me being busy during the day! You are making up new stuff and it isnt right. Just stop.. Leave this thread.. Already PM'ed John K and he will settle this but not once has OP called paypal and told them i was having an issue refunding. He told paypal he needed to file an unauthorized claim. SEE THE DIFFERENCE!
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:51:04 PM

http://youtu.be/IIpgXlJm6qM

and there it is. OP needs to find out.

Yeah, this is the video evidence I was looking for...  He is doing the right steps, but for some reason it won't take.

Have you tried taking the steps to unlock your account yet?
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:53:28 PM

already faxed this morning. Thats not the problem. The problem was paypal says i need to pay for the currency conversion. I think its bs and only one out of 10 associates told me that. One associate told me they would release funds for me to automatically refund. I keep getting the runaround but you see what i'm talking about now?>
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:55:35 PM

already faxed this morning. Thats not the problem. The problem was paypal says i need to pay for the currency conversion. I think its bs and only one out of 10 associates told me that. One associate told me they would release funds for me to automatically refund. I keep getting the runaround but you see what i'm talking about now?>

This sounds like PP x100!

But My point was that if the account gets released, then you have the money in hand and while the refund feature may be broken, you can at least get goose his BTC if he still wants it.  Otherwise you can probably try and refuse the payment or send it back some other way than the resolution center
xboxgames

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:00:42 PM

Clown show. Smiley
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:12:02 PM

The plan is to 100% refund and he has agreed.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:47:16 PM

So much goes on while we down under sleep.

Still waiting for either my money or btc. Yes, btc.

We can all see this issue has arisen from June's unverified PayPal account.

If you are having all these issues with PayPal, send the btc.

Send them escrow, I will cancel the claim in your favour. Escrow releases btc to me. You deal with your PayPal account.

Wulabwutech, will you be escrow?
Or how do we get this john k guy on board?

Fixing this for an innocent customer shouldn't take this long...
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:08:22 PM

Shouldn't be this hard - but paypal doesn't like btc

just saying

[EDIT] expecting you to refund this guy...

donations not accepted
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:26:27 PM

But there has been NO mention of either btc or currency to PayPal.

All of this us due to a medium sized payment going into an unverified account. Full stop.

June's earliest posts on this forum were written in poor English, as if from a non English as first language background. Yet his PayPal is 'mike harris' and email 'Toni____…
My email on this forum is unhidden and is my name. My PayPal account is my name. My PayPal email is my name. Google my name and it will be only a handful in the whole world if not the only one.

I am not expecting June to take the escrow route as I've offered above. There'll be another excuse. In all his attempts to trade on this forum he has offered to do so via escrow. When anybody accepts to trade via escrow he backs away - siting 'its my free will not to do business with you' etc BS etc. Its escrow = no risk = no excuse valid. You either want to trade or you hoping yo scam, which you can't do via escrow.

I'm surprised June hasn't dumped this account and moved on, as a scammer would once they've been outed as one.

Juneteenth, you want us all to believe you as innocent in this trade, yet EVERY time you are asked to step up to do something positive, you find an excuse. c'mon dude, step up already.
HelpPlease

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:31:29 PM

I had an issue with a transaction that would not confirm.  I messed up on my blockchain.  This guy implied that I should give him my blockchain.info login credentails so he could "fix it".  I asked him to explain to me how to fix it, and he said it was "too complicated" to explain, and never messaged again.

From my PM box-

Juneteenth

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: HelpPlease on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »

« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

QuoteReplyDelete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mostly you ned a friend to log in and manually fix it. its hard to explain.

THEN-

i have a skype add me tempishot
HelpPlease

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 10:32:11 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227283.msg2393844#msg2393844
Kruniac

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:37:57 PM

I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a payment of $690 sent to a brand new PayPal account that I only linked to a bank account after the transactions were made.

I then requested a bank transfer to get my green, and PayPal actually called me (woke me up, in fact) to verify the transactions.

So the lady verified that gift payments took place. She verified that a bank transaction is pending. She then asked me if it was a "one time" kind of thing (for the gift payments, I assume). I told her yes, and she got immediately full of sunshine.

My own opinion (for what it's worth) is that PayPal limited the account for more of a reason than "New account > Gets money". Perhaps the name or phone number was sketch, or perhaps the information matched another account, or something. Just something to think about when/if you create more PP accounts.

Juneteenth

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:14:51 AM

I'm not sure if this helps, but I had a payment of $690 sent to a brand new PayPal account that I only linked to a bank account after the transactions were made.

I then requested a bank transfer to get my green, and PayPal actually called me (woke me up, in fact) to verify the transactions.

So the lady verified that gift payments took place. She verified that a bank transaction is pending. She then asked me if it was a "one time" kind of thing (for the gift payments, I assume). I told her yes, and she got immediately full of sunshine.

My own opinion (for what it's worth) is that PayPal limited the account for more of a reason than "New account > Gets money". Perhaps the name or phone number was sketch, or perhaps the information matched another account, or something. Just something to think about when/if you create more PP accounts.
it happens to be my only pp account. I got a email from paypal so hopefully tonight this is all sorted.. and as of yet OP hasnt responded to my pms or called Paypal.
Juneteenth

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:17:15 AM

.. and the same update.. Paypal has instructed that the funds are on hold pending verification. So once the verification lifts.. they are sending back to OP. OP please call and confirm that.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:31:12 AM

Dude, PayPal are waiting a response from YOU.
Just log into your PayPal , go to dispute resolution centre, go to my dispute claim, click you agree that no goods/service were provided and to settle claim in purchasers (mine) favour. Nothing hard about it. Forget refunding , forget exchange BS, forget calling - just resolve the claim in the dispute resolution centre of your PayPal.

And I dont want to hear any other nonsense...no 'wtf, now PayPal have locked me out of my account, so I can't log in to resolve dispute, yadder yadder.

It'll take you all of 1 minute.

Thank you.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:31:16 AM

So much goes on while we down under sleep.

Still waiting for either my money or btc. Yes, btc.

We can all see this issue has arisen from June's unverified PayPal account.

If you are having all these issues with PayPal, send the btc.

Send them escrow, I will cancel the claim in your favour. Escrow releases btc to me. You deal with your PayPal account.

Wulabwutech, will you be escrow?
Or how do we get this john k guy on board?

Fixing this for an innocent customer shouldn't take this long...

Nope! Not getting involved in this soap opera, sorry!  I'll help mediate, but if I get too involved I'm gonna need to run out to buy more aspirin for the headache I will undoubtedly get.  The thing with PP and BTC is that PP is reversible up to a month I believe and CC's are reversible up to 6 months.  So unless you want the escrow to go that long, it's hard to know one party won't just chargeback the other.

(An aside, this is why PP has such a bad rep on this forum.  Note that this is only true for USD (or other fiat) <--> BTC transactions.  I've had people here refuse to use PP b/c they are afraid of chargebacks when they are shipping physical items to me.  Remember, because you can prove physical shipment, PayPal seller protection in in effect)

Dude, PayPal are waiting a response from YOU.
Just log into your PayPal , go to dispute resolution centre, go to my dispute claim, click you agree that no goods/service were provided and to settle claim in purchasers (mine) favour. Nothing hard about it. Forget refunding , forget exchange BS, forget calling - just resolve the claim in the dispute resolution centre of your PayPal.

And I dont want to hear any other nonsense...no 'wtf, now PayPal have locked me out of my account, so I can't log in to resolve dispute, yadder yadder.

It'll take you all of 1 minute.

Thank you.

I know it's frustrating for you, the customer, but this is a long known issue with PayPal and it's account lock process.  It sucks when it happens to you, but fortunately it's only once in a while that this happens.  If you look at his video screencap above, you can see that he really CAN'T refund you your money.  There is some glitch in the system that does not allow him to do that.  Fortunately, if he is telling the truth (which there is no reason to believe he hasn't sent the require documents at this point), you'll get your money back by the end of the week.  But from his screencap, (@0:37) you can clearly see that he is not disputing it on his end, so worst case scenario is that 7 days pass, and you elevate this claim to PP and they give you your money back.  It's delayed for you, but you won't be out anything.

I know it sucks to have to wait, but I sincerely doubt he's a scammer, and even if he is, I doubt he could have planned to scam you in this manner.  You can't force a lock on a PayPal account, so it must be by coincidence that this happened, quite unfortunately for you, right as you placed an order with him.

I should note that it is in his best interest to resolve this with PP before you get the chargeback.  It'll become harder to unlock his account once he has a chargeback on his record.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: