Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:56:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Juneteenth just took my US$425 and sent no 4.0 BTC  (Read 6301 times)
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:58:41 AM

I don't know why you are fucking around with Paypal and this juneteenth numbnuts when you can call your credit card up, have a short conversation, and they will place a reversal (chargeback) instantly.  It will be a "temporary" reversal, but it will happen instantly so you will have all your money back.  THEN, the ball will be in Paypal and juneteenth's court to prove that he sent you BTC.  Obviously he didn't so you will win the dispute.  Why do people bother futzing around with Paypal and scammers like juneteenth when the solution is so easy?  

At least we have another scamer exposed now.  Thank you for that.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:44:34 AM

HELP...Anyone out there in the forums can help.

Juneteenth and i just agreed that i purchase 4.0 btc for US$425.
He sent me a paypal request requesting payment.
i immediately sent him the money.
he now claims his paypal account got immediately limited and he feels scammed - he hasnt sent anything and is not out of pocket.
i got no $$ and no BTC.
Does anyone have any experience with this paypal limitation thingy???
please help.

His payment request didn't offer me any choices - just 'pay now'. which i did.

i dont see how that would result in a limitation to his account. Is this a correct thing that can happen with paypal?
his screen shot to me says he needs to go through some steps to take away limitation - if he does this, wil transaction settle ok.

i am not interested in scamming anybody. i sent my $425 in good faith. a transaction for a lower amount went through smoothly yesterday??

stressing now - thats alot for me to lose. Sad

oh and regarding using the escrow... i figured since he is offering it then he must be above board, i know i am.

what is going on?... surely there is still good left in people out there. my 1st baby  son was born a few days ago, and in readiness for that, i wanted to have some btc for him as a gift when he was born, i agreed to buy 2.0 btc off Gumtree and duly deposisted $200 into the guys Australian Westpac bank account a couple of weeks ago. He didnt send the btc, wouldnt offer the transaction id or anything. so now i have to lodge a police complaint.

And now this.. really. what gives. And yes, i am trusting, but id rather be that than than the opposite.
oh bother Sad

So rather than hang around to resolve this, Juneteenth has gone offline.
It looks like i have been taken again Sad

buyers please be aware.

If paypal limits an account it's not likely that the user get's back money within 6months. On the other hand I don't think his account was limited. It's a basic scammer strategy, they obtain some time to flee with this.

I would send the BTC for you if I were him. You have nothing to do with his accounts limitation.

A few advices:

- Don't use paypal

- Don't trust strangers

- Give the user a negative feedback

- Contact paypal

These people are pathetic. Scumbags of the digital world. It is laughable that he scams for a lowly $400 what a loser.

goose20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:34:41 PM

Am not liking the sound of that - waiting 6 months to get my $$ back from paypal.  Cry

They have assured me that I'll get it back the day after the response period (20th) runs out.

The way June was carrying on, well I thought maybe he would call them and fix this without me having to wait. Ha

Think I'll be calling my bank today...paypal may pay up in a week, but then again the might not as all you guys are saying.

Thx all Smiley
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:12:42 AM

I don't know why you are fucking around with Paypal and this juneteenth numbnuts when you can call your credit card up, have a short conversation, and they will place a reversal (chargeback) instantly.  It will be a "temporary" reversal, but it will happen instantly so you will have all your money back.  THEN, the ball will be in Paypal and juneteenth's court to prove that he sent you BTC.  Obviously he didn't so you will win the dispute.  Why do people bother futzing around with Paypal and scammers like juneteenth when the solution is so easy?  

Both members in this case haven't exactly taken the easy route to fixing things.  On goose's end, he could have had this resolved the day he complained here by filing a chargeback which, according to most cardholder agreements, would have immediately credited his account while the investigation was pending.  As for june, he could have resolved this very quickly by providing info to PP and had his account unlocked in 2-3 days time, but he sat on it for some reason.

I would venture a guess to say that both members are relatively new to this (heck, they were dealing with an UNVERIFIED PERSONAL account!) and having just dealt with this, I can't blame either of them for not wanting to take advice of people on the internet for what they should do. That being said, it has been very frustrating at times trying to give advice to these two because of the fact that they aren't taking it and we're going in circles!
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

HELP...Anyone out there in the forums can help.

Juneteenth and i just agreed that i purchase 4.0 btc for US$425.
He sent me a paypal request requesting payment.
i immediately sent him the money.
he now claims his paypal account got immediately limited and he feels scammed - he hasnt sent anything and is not out of pocket.
i got no $$ and no BTC.
Does anyone have any experience with this paypal limitation thingy???
please help.

His payment request didn't offer me any choices - just 'pay now'. which i did.

i dont see how that would result in a limitation to his account. Is this a correct thing that can happen with paypal?
his screen shot to me says he needs to go through some steps to take away limitation - if he does this, wil transaction settle ok.

i am not interested in scamming anybody. i sent my $425 in good faith. a transaction for a lower amount went through smoothly yesterday??

stressing now - thats alot for me to lose. Sad

oh and regarding using the escrow... i figured since he is offering it then he must be above board, i know i am.

what is going on?... surely there is still good left in people out there. my 1st baby  son was born a few days ago, and in readiness for that, i wanted to have some btc for him as a gift when he was born, i agreed to buy 2.0 btc off Gumtree and duly deposisted $200 into the guys Australian Westpac bank account a couple of weeks ago. He didnt send the btc, wouldnt offer the transaction id or anything. so now i have to lodge a police complaint.

And now this.. really. what gives. And yes, i am trusting, but id rather be that than than the opposite.
oh bother Sad

So rather than hang around to resolve this, Juneteenth has gone offline.
It looks like i have been taken again Sad

buyers please be aware.

If paypal limits an account it's not likely that the user get's back money within 6months. On the other hand I don't think his account was limited. It's a basic scammer strategy, they obtain some time to flee with this.

I would send the BTC for you if I were him. You have nothing to do with his accounts limitation.

A few advices:

- Don't use paypal

- Don't trust strangers

- Give the user a negative feedback

- Contact paypal

These people are pathetic. Scumbags of the digital world. It is laughable that he scams for a lowly $400 what a loser.

Wow, there are so many things that are just flat out WRONG with this post.

His account is in fact limited.  I saw it firsthand and you can too.  Did you see the video posted?  Did you even read the rest of the thread?

Account limitations take 2-3 days to resolve.  A week tops.  I have never had money held for more than a week when I had an account limitation fro m PP and that was only because it extended over a long weekend (yes, it made trying to do business that weekend a bitch)

If your account is limited, DO NOT send the BTC anyways.  It is often limited because the other account was stolen.  Yes, there are random spotchecks and I think this is one of them (receiving a relatively large payment on a personal account), but NEVER go ahead and send a product when your account is limited because there is always a high chance of PP sending you the chargeback and now you are out the product and they money!

SOOOOOO much bad advice in one post!  And the good advice was already covered previously: contact PP, don't trust people you don't know, and negative feedback if not resolved (already done I believe).  Please READ the thread before posting.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:19:00 AM

Am not liking the sound of that - waiting 6 months to get my $$ back from paypal.  Cry

They have assured me that I'll get it back the day after the response period (20th) runs out.

This guy is making stuff up.  Even if JUNE had to wait that long to get his account unlocked, you'll get your money back whenever PP said they would give it back according to their buyer protection plan.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:22:24 AM

It's funny because when I report trolls the posts aren't removed, but lashing out at someone who makes false accusations gets the posts removed and me warned  Wink

Juneteenth isn't a scammer, he's just a victim of PayPal. Which is terrible and should never, ever be used.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:41:01 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 05:14:11 AM by goose20

Haha.. paypal may have a bad rap, but that doesn't cover the LIES told by June.

So many of them, but just a few are:
- I can't refund because I got charged a currency exchange fee and the exchange rate has moved and now I dont have enough funds - BS, he got just paypal normal standard fee, exchange rates (or any fees at all) dont come into play at all re refunds;
- because I couldn't refund you, I called them and they TD me to tell you to call them blah blah - BS, I've talked to them 3 times over 3 days, paypal have received NO communication from June;
- I got an email that the buyer will automatically win after 10 days - no shit, that's because he has not responded and does not plan to - he'll just make me wait for the time to run out rather than call them to resolve.

It seems the case that as soon as paypal is mentioned, everybody blames them. I've used them for years and never before this transaction have I had a problem. But that may be because I'm not a scammer and neither were any of the previous other parties.

So much scamming going on around BTC - how is it ever going to work if no one trusts anyone and everyone's saying 'you go first, no you send first, no no you go first, let's use escrow - oh shit escrow took our money (bit floor eg).

Seriously..wtf. where are peoples morals, character, honour these days. Life can't really be all about the mighty $$.

June did scam - I was just giving him as much benefit of the doubt as humanly possible. He kept protesting his imnocense, but kept contradicting himself when called out about something.

goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:03:25 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 09:30:01 AM by goose20

Am not liking the sound of that - waiting 6 months to get my $$ back from paypal.  Cry

This guy is making stuff up.  Even if JUNE had to wait that long to get his account unlocked, you'll get your money back whenever PP said they would give it back according to their buyer protection plan.

Wu, you are either a bed pissing teen, or completely brain dead - I'm not making any statement here, just responding to someones else post that if other party has his account limited, it can take up to 6mthns....I have no exp with paypal charge backs. Paypal tell me I'll have money back on 11th day, a forum user suggests that may not be the case . I say I dont like the sound of that, because I have no reason to doubt that user or HIS exp with paypal.

This whole thread you have basically been defending June, despite all the evidence to the contrary, despite a bunch of other forum users being able to see past June' BS. And now you go an attack me, by stating that 'I'm making things up'. Wtf?

Anybody who reads the whole of this thread, and reads June's other posts on this forum, can easily see that June joined this forum to SCAM any which way he could.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

Am not liking the sound of that - waiting 6 months to get my $$ back from paypal.  Cry

This guy is making stuff up.  Even if JUNE had to wait that long to get his account unlocked, you'll get your money back whenever PP said they would give it back according to their buyer protection plan.

Wu, you are either a bed pissing teen, or completely brain dead - I'm not making any statement here, just responding to someones else post that if other party has his account limited, it can take up to 6mthns....I have no exp with paypal charge backs. Paypal tell me I'll have money back on 11th day, a forum user suggests that may not be the case . I say I dont like the sound of that, because I have no reason to doubt that user or HIS exp with paypal.

This whole thread you have basically been defending June, despite all the evidence to the contrary, despite a bunch of other forum users being able to see past June' BS. And now you go an attack me, by stating that 'I'm making things up'. Wtf?

Anybody who reads the whole of this thread, and reads June's other posts on this forum, can easily see that June joined this forum to SCAM any which way he could.

Goose, I need to apologize b/c I got you riled up for no reason.  I quoted you, but I was not referring to your statement as being untrue.  I quoted you b/c I wanted to respond to you, but I was trying to tell you that whomever said it takes 6 months for you to get your money back is making stuff up!

PP is right that your money should be back on the 11th day.  While it may take 6 months for June to get his money/account back, under buyer protection, you are covered and don't have to wait that period of time.  Once again, I should ave been more clear and I am sorry for what seemed like a personal attack against you.  It was definitely not meant that way.

---

As far as June scamming, I can't attest to that one way or the other.  I got into this to defend him b/c PP is a bitch to deal with a lot of the times, but for us that do business on the internet, it's pretty hard to get around.  Is he scamming other people?  I can't say one way or the other b/c I haven't seen these other allegations, but in your case, I don't think he tried to scam you.  It's be very hard for him to get his account locked purposely to scam you--that's a thing that happens on paypal's side.  Also, he has shown video evidence of the fact that he is being locked out of refunding your money.  Is he someone who does not have good business practices and isn't a great seller to deal with?  I am of the opinion so.  But is he a scammer?  I am of the opinion not.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 11:20:15 PM

Dude, c'mon really. The dispute has been open 6 days. If he wasn't scamming, he would of called long ago to tell them to resolve the dispute in my favour. But he has not done so.

"Also, he has shown video evidence of the fact that he is being locked out of refunding your money. " - that video does not show him being locked out, it shows him unable to refund due to insufficient funds. Where did my funds go? Did he take/spend them before the lock? If he did, why not send the btc.

All I can see has happened is this:
1. June created fake paypal,
2. June created forum account,
3. June was offering to buy/sell btc with hope that other party would send first (sure he suggested he'd do escrow, but when taken up on that offer he backed away from escrow deals),
4. He got me to send first,
5. He immediately moved the funds on,
6. He claimed I put a freeze on his account and therefore he would not be sending any btc.
7. He now has the $$ and btc.
8. He leaves the other party to deal with paypal and abandoned fake paypal account,
9. He protests his innocence on this forum, trying to bsmboozle everyone with a bunch of nonsense in the hope of saving face and being able to perpetuate another scam or two.
10. Gets straight called out, knows the jig is up - then finally disappears.

Wu, and you still dont think it was him scamming and it is all because of paypal. Oh my...haha
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 12:09:45 AM

Replying as inline:

All I can see has happened is this:
1. June created fake paypal,

I (and you) can neither prove nor disprove this right now.

2. June created forum account,

True.

3. June was offering to buy/sell btc with hope that other party would send first (sure he suggested he'd do escrow, but when taken up on that offer he backed away from escrow deals),

Not sure where this came from, but you seem to be honest so I'll take your word for it.

4. He got me to send first,

True.

5. He immediately moved the funds on,

False.  Take a look again at the video.  At 0:31 you clearly see that the funds are held in the account, he just can't access them.  If he already moved the funds on, then there is no reason to not just forward you the BTC since the funds would already be in his bank account.

6. He claimed I put a freeze on his account and therefore he would not be sending any btc.

He doesn't understand how PP works.  The freeze was in fact put on the account because of your transaction in all probability (since it was a shady transaction from PP's point of view).  But he didn't send BTC b/c he never received payment yet.  It was still being held by PP (once again, see 0:31 of the video)

7. He now has the $$ and btc.

He does not have the money.  PP has it.  Once again, the video clearly shows the amount is being held by PP.

True, he does have the BTC.

8. He leaves the other party to deal with paypal and abandoned fake paypal account,

Well, kinda true.  He's been dealing with it himself too, but he's not taking the right steps causing you to have to do more work than you should and wait longer than you should.  Like I said, his selling practices aren't that great, but having bad selling practices does not make one a scammer.

9. He protests his innocence on this forum, trying to bsmboozle everyone with a bunch of nonsense in the hope of saving face and being able to perpetuate another scam or two.

Why not just create another account then?  Scammers don't need to protect their accounts because they know they will eventually be exposed and need another account.

10. Gets straight called out, knows the jig is up - then finally disappears.

This is kinda weird.  We haven't heard from him in awhile have we?  June, you still out there?
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:54:07 AM

Wu, all I can say is I hope you are right about the funds being held. Yes it does show a transaction with 'held' funds, but it also shows his account as balance being $0.00.

If the funds were there, why would it say 'refund amount exceeds available balance' when he tries to refund? The funds being held, the refund would release them back, would it not?

I think the key to all of this is the '$0.00' balance. I think just like a bank account, it would show a balance here, but not available. It shows no balance at all and he cannot refund -> one can only presume from these two facts that the money was moved out. I do not know for sure however, as I do not know exactly how it works with that balance amount. All I know is June lied when he said he has been in contact with paypal, and after many days, still has not contacted them to get this resolved. Any legit seller would have made this a priority for their buyer.

xboxgames

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:56:06 AM

I don't even believe this June has any btc. I bet he can't prove he has any.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:57:39 AM

Wu, all I can say is I hope you are right about the funds being held. Yes it does show a transaction with 'held' funds, but it also shows his account as balance being $0.00.

If the funds were there, why would it say 'refund amount exceeds available balance' when he tries to refund? The funds being held, the refund would release them back, would it not?

I think the key to all of this is the '$0.00' balance. I think just like a bank account, it would show a balance here, but not available. It shows no balance at all and he cannot refund -> one can only presume from these two facts that the money was moved out. I do not know for sure however, as I do not know exactly how it works with that balance amount. All I know is June lied when he said he has been in contact with paypal, and after many days, still has not contacted them to get this resolved. Any legit seller would have made this a priority for their buyer.

xbox has more experience on this than I do, so i would defer to him, but I believe the PP balance that it shows is the available balance by default unless you change it.  For example, when I fund my PP, it shows 0 until it clears.  Likewise, when I have a pending withdraw, it shows my balance minus my withdraw even though I can't withdraw funds on a weekend!  I can see my full balance, but it's on another page.

I believe the error message he gets is a glitch in the system that has to do with the exchange rate/fees/whatever you want to call it.

And yes, I agree with you, this is poor customer service, but it also seems like he has not a lot of experience with PP especially trying to sell using an unverified account...
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:58:02 PM

If you go through xbox and goose' post you'll see a striking similarity in their writing style.

He uses periods after short statements, also when a sentence spans more than one line, he doesn't space it, he allows it to continue onto the next line.

Also notice the time frames in which they "respond" to one another.

I'm calling multi acc.
ostr1234

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:57:17 PM

Truth. I think he just gave u the simplest way to get you money back.  Remember that Customer is always right. Be nice and just explain your situation and don't mention btc.
goose20 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:16:46 PM

If you go through xbox and goose' post you'll see a striking similarity in their writing style.

He uses periods after short statements, also when a sentence spans more than one line, he doesn't space it, he allows it to continue onto the next line.

I'm calling multi acc.

Wrong mate. wtf, how much time do you have on your hands dude, seriously.. I have no idea who xboxgames is. check the times i am on here, its either late at night or morning australian time. a quick look at xboxgames posts show a vastly different timeframe.

xbox was suspicious of user ' Juneteenth' before i ever got involved with June. when i did, and got scammed by June, and started this thread - xbox just came out and called the guy out, and wasnt up to put up with the BS that he was speiling. June has now disappeared and im still waiting for paypal to release my money.  But i know either they or Visa will so am not worried anymore. Lucky for me and all other Australians, we are now able to buy BTC from coinjar.io website. Have made 3 transactions and all went smooth as. I wont be trading with forum users anymore - this site is gold for info on BTC, mining etc, but horrible for trading - just saturated with scammers and scams. And i aint got no time for that shit.
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:29:44 PM

I'm calling multi acc.

Wrong mate. wtf, how much time do you have on your hands dude, seriously.. I have no idea who xboxgames is. check the times i am on here, its either late at night or morning australian time. a quick look at xboxgames posts show a vastly different timeframe.

xbox was suspicious of user ' Juneteenth' before i ever got involved with June. when i did, and got scammed by June, and started this thread - xbox just came out and called the guy out, and wasnt up to put up with the BS that he was speiling. June has now disappeared and im still waiting for paypal to release my money.  But i know either they or Visa will so am not worried anymore. Lucky for me and all other Australians, we are now able to buy BTC from coinjar.io website. Have made 3 transactions and all went smooth as. I wont be trading with forum users anymore - this site is gold for info on BTC, mining etc, but horrible for trading - just saturated with scammers and scams. And i aint got no time for that shit.

Barking dogs belie their guilt.

You wouldn't have spent that much time explaining yourself if my accusation was completely false.

HelpPlease

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:59:45 PM

I'm calling multi acc.

Barking dogs belie their guilt.

You wouldn't have spent that much time explaining yourself if my accusation was completely false.

That is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: