Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:53:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you make money from ICO?  (Read 5543 times)
i_iz_vins

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:01:04 AM

ICO is one of the easiest way for the companies to get the budget they need for their projects and also for investing in projects. I haven't earned yet here.You know, earning here is not easy, but its high risk high reward so choose a what project to participate in.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:31:22 AM

We can endlessly discuss about ICO's and how they can be dangerous and scummy but still there will always be people who like this kind of gamble, and those who will claims they earned millions this way. Not so long ago whales were main sponsors and organizers of those events. How did they accomplished this? Easy they ware buying their own coins to achieve better price on exchanges. When trade starts they they manipulating price with sell walls and selling their own coins. How many times you asked yourself who sells under the ICO price, who is so stupid to do this? Invest few BTC's in marketing, start good campaign.. Grin
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:18:27 AM

I prefer to participate in ICO generosity campaigns, rather than investing in them. Here you can lose your work and time, but not money. Although lately it is harder and harder to earn money, and not only because of risks. The campaigns began to come up with different ways to claim their earned and already accrued tokens. It is sometimes just stupid and introduces nervousness, because it resembles a tightening with payments, while on the stock exchanges these tokens catastrophically become cheaper.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:33:27 AM

An initial coin offering is similar in concept to an initial public offering (IPO), both a process in which companies raise capital, while an ICO is an investment that gives the investor a cryptocoin, more commonly known as a coin or a token in return for investment, which is quite different to the issuance of securities as is the case in an IPO investment. Do you invest in ICO? and has you make money from it?

I invested recently in few new ICO's, but is really very hard - I don't recommend this to a not experienced user. First thing you need to wait really long time for good return, you can flip coins in short term too. Timing when buy and sell is crucial. I don't expect any real profits in less than 18 months because any good ICO need time to develop and progress. 
SrujanPanuganti

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:50:07 AM

Yes I have invested in few ICO's recently like electroneum and cartaxi.I am curiuos how these projects performs.
SainagBurra

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:51:48 AM

Thanks for  the clarification between ICO and IPO. I have not yet invested in an ICO but I am planning to invest in an ICO called UNIVERSA

Electroneum
KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:52:46 AM

Now I understand the difference between ICO and IPO..But what  are securities ? Are they safe compared to ICO?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Shivasenap

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:54:08 AM

Securities are those with regulations but ICO's are not with regulations.I have not invested in ICO's but planning to invest.Thanks
gerlesion

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:01:32 AM

Do you guys recommend any ICO review website ?
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:41:16 AM

I invested in three ICOs and none of those are in green. However I invested a really small amount. I think the last one I invested was Centra and I am not planning to invest anymore in ICOs.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:03:12 AM

An initial coin offering is similar in concept to an initial public offering (IPO), both a process in which companies raise capital, while an ICO is an investment that gives the investor a cryptocoin, more commonly known as a coin or a token in return for investment, which is quite different to the issuance of securities as is the case in an IPO investment. Do you invest in ICO? and has you make money from it?

I invested recently in few new ICO's, but is really very hard - I don't recommend this to a not experienced user. First thing you need to wait really long time for good return, you can flip coins in short term too. Timing when buy and sell is crucial. I don't expect any real profits in less than 18 months because any good ICO need time to develop and progress. 

So before try to invest on some ICO, it's better to check their feedback ,right ?
There are a lot scam ICO so it's difficult gain new investor trust to join the crowdsale
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:15:50 AM

no , i dont invest on ico's because most of them are screaming scam.  but i see most people are love to invest on an ico because the think they can earn much because joining an early ico or pre ico gives you much incentives or bonuses as an early birds therfore many people find it a bang of thier buck but not all of them has a descent value on thier token/coins after they enlisted it on exchanges , you need to still wait for a long time i order to get a return for your invested toiken/coin.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:30:25 AM

I have participated in a very few ICOs since my entry into the world of cryptocurrency. And it was indeed profitable. But the returns came a bit later. It is not an easy money as compared to trading wherein you can easily gain some 30 to 50% per day of profit from your investment if you are already equipped with the necessary skills. In an ICO, you will have to hold until the ICO price will be reached and gained a little more value. The bonus will be of great addition to your profit. 
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:40:02 AM

i did make some. what you need is to find a good ico with good project and sometimes it cause of luck. so luck do determined to found good ico. cause even its good sometimes its didnt bring a profit to you. but doesnt mean all ico is bad. its just sometimes investing means to lose some and sometime we gain some.

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 07:41:37 AM

Yes I do make investment into ICO and have earned money from it. Well, what I have learnt from the experience is it doesn’t matter at all if you do the investment at the stage of ICO presale or right after hits the exchangers.

I have seen the prices very very low when they hit the exchanger which means you can grab more profits as compared to those who have invested into it before the exchanger phase. Dont know but it works for me and its always cheap. Its total misconception that coins are cheap at ICO stage.
pearlmen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:46:11 AM

Basically both follow the same pattern in the sense that while in ICOs you get some portion of the token or coins, the same thing is applicable in the case of IPOs because depending on which one you go for, you get some portion of the Ordinary shares or preference shares. That being said, I have actually made money from the one I partook in which makes me hold the believe that not all ICOs are scam as there are still some that have a solid and a workable project.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:02:46 AM

Investing in an ICO has its benefits. Bonuses for early investors and cheaper price. It definitely is profitable if you look at the numbers. The problem is, almost all of the new projects out there crash weeks after the ICO and never bounces back.

With so many ICOs popping out of nowhere, it's really hard to find a project worth investing and actually has a use in the industry. Even some developers just uses ICO as a way to gain quick cash. Not to mention a lot them turns out to be a scam.
lukmankhan25

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

not all ICO coins are profitable. you must be smart to choose or ask people who know better in order to minimize ignorance. I myself have never participated in ICO. but according to my friend's experience. he followed some ICO but only a part of that profit.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:17:38 AM

I make money from ICO by buying the same ICO I endorsed thru signature campaigns so that I could hold more of it then sell them when the price goes up. Right now I am holding two tokens and I need to wait few more time so I can sold them with good earnings I just hope I will get enough profit out of if! I guess I need more luck
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:36:34 AM

I have made a little here and there from joining signature and bounty campaigns, But profits from the actual ico is yet to come. The reason could be that it takes time for the company to make profits just like every other business. I am still waiting.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: