Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:20:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14274 times)
strocifer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:50:16 PM

Diversification is the basis in finance, when you want to invest your money.
You shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. The crypto you want to buy are pretty much correlated as you can see on the following matrix

https://www.sifrdata.com/cryptocurrency-correlation-matrix/

I assume your goal is to make a decent profit in short-time trying a kind of all-in investment. It might work once, but I strongly advise you to diversify your investments! Find out some other sectors you can invest in: stocks, currencies, shares of real-estate programs... These are less correlated, and your portfolio will be less affected if one of your investment lines goes wrong...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 06:10:50 PM

That's a good choice to invest and I totally agree with your decision and the percentage of your investment with your money. Just make sure Bitcoin will always have the greatest percentage because Bitcoin is the most volatile and is always fluctuating out of all the coins you've mentioned.
I agree with you that the investment rate is reasonable. But I find investing all the amount you have into crypto is risky. In general business and crypto business in particular, there is always risk. And that's reason for why you should not invest all your money.
There is no risk in investing all the saving and bitcoin is name of trust and those who did that at best are now the best profiteers and risk is everywhere so face the fear you will be blessed a lot and more of it I am investing my all monthly saving into bitcoin because I know this fact that bitcoin has potential that it will give a lot when I am in need and that’s true invest for secure future of you and your loved ones.

Jack353

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 07:14:03 PM

Well, it seams you chose good currencies to invest in, but there is one HUGE problem with your decision... DO NOT INVEST YOUR ENTIRE SAVINGS. Everywhere you look you will see people telling you not to invest all of your money. Thus the saying DO NOT INVEST MORE TAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Anyway, good luck and I truly hope this works out for you, after all you chose great currencies which I am personally invested in.  Tongue
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:59:32 PM

That portfolio is good idea but my opinion to invest all saving is risky because we dont know what happen with crypto in the future. Maksimum 80% of all saving is better, then other 20% in fiat, because we need fiat currency for daily needed.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:14:21 AM

I could not say anything or add anything else more. Those coins are really good for long-term holding. Just keep monitoring them because anything still could happen on those years.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:24:40 AM

I would never invest all of my savings, you never know when you will need them. Atm I have around 30% of my money in crypto.
Yes it is not advisable and not a good idea to invest all your money even if you know that you are putting all your money in a good invesment. You have to set aside for emergency funds just incase you will need it.

Agree, it is the right step to set aside a little of your emergency fund and this will be good for you Wink
Even bitcoin value is increasing trends of crypto currency industry, I think it was not enough reasons if they deposit our all savings into bitcoin. Practically we never know if bitcoin value were gonna be increasing for long run of time or it will turns to bankruptcy. Otherwise maybe 20% of your savings put it into bitcoin.
Who knows maybe after a week or a month or else a year bitcoin will become more successful that cause of price increasing again.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 07:08:28 AM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p

Good choice. It's better, after you buying those coins, keep it in your personal wallet, like ledger wallet (much safer). Don't keep your coins in the exchangers. You have a good choices of coins, and yes you should buy it at the next dip. Good luck mate  Wink

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:26:48 AM

I would never invest all of my savings, you never know when you will need them. Atm I have around 30% of my money in crypto.
Yes it is not advisable and not a good idea to invest all your money even if you know that you are putting all your money in a good invesment. You have to set aside for emergency funds just incase you will need it.

Agree, it is the right step to set aside a little of your emergency fund and this will be good for you Wink
Even bitcoin value is increasing trends of crypto currency industry, I think it was not enough reasons if they deposit our all savings into bitcoin. Practically we never know if bitcoin value were gonna be increasing for long run of time or it will turns to bankruptcy. Otherwise maybe 20% of your savings put it into bitcoin.
Who knows maybe after a week or a month or else a year bitcoin will become more successful that cause of price increasing again.
Yes the price and the profit in bitcoin are unpredictable sometimes it can cause profits or losses that we've been never expected that's why we should not invest our all savings in order to be prepare from this losses.

dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 11:10:37 AM

I disagree that you put all of your savings to cryptocurrency because indeed the price here are very volatile it might change immediately. We are giving our opinions here but the final decisions is yours, if you that's what you really want then go ahead, just monitor the price always so you will have idea what is happening to your money.
hersey27

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 01:08:40 PM

It is a good decision to make bigger investment for btc than other currency ..but
Remember to be careful with your move... .
Its is really good to invest money for a long term for a bigger return . but still you should think about it again for you to be sure with your decision
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:04:26 PM

It is a good decision to make bigger investment for btc than other currency ..but
Remember to be careful with your move... .
Its is really good to invest money for a long term for a bigger return . but still you should think about it again for you to be sure with your decision

Yes.  Seems like OP is wanting to suggest longer term investment, and surely OP could get into trouble with allocations towards any cryptos besides Bitcoin when going down the long-term thinking path.

In other words, alts likely need more monitoring than bitcoin in terms of long term investing.. and perhaps, it would be better to tweak a bit more in favor of bitcoin, instead of giving so much weight to alts (the chosen ones of ETH and LTC in the OP scenario).

So maybe 80% BTC and 10% on each of the alts would be a bit safer long term appropriation (which longer term could mean, set it and forget it). 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:21:06 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

That is a great thing though and a lot of money plus a lot of risk for you especially to altcoins. I'm gonna say that lower your percentage to those altcoins like ethereum and litcoins as you mentioned. I'm not saying that it is not a successful coin but I'm just saying that it will be a lot more riskier than investing on bitcoins because we all know what bitcoins cam do and where bitcoins now. So you go 70-80% to bitcoins because it will guarantee you a big investment and ethereum go for just 10-20% and litecoins, just 5-10% for me because I have a lot of trust issues. If I were you and I will invest for a long term my divisions are gonna be 70% btc 20% eth 10% ltc
dietmarfritz59

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:00:12 PM

Yes, I would not invest everything. Diversify your portfolio and definitely invest some into Cryptocurrency, but hold some in case everything crashes one day.

Talenter

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:18:44 PM

I read here exclusively rational, quite reasonable statements: "do not invest everything!"

I was unreasonable a long time ago and have invested all I had in BTC and never regret it.

Bitcoin is much more than speculation to me. It's the beginning of an new world order. And I was there!
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:26:41 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

You what? If you have enough money left just to make survive with you with in 5-10 years that's okey buddy but if you have no left money and invest all of your savings their is big possibilities that what you invest is what you reap with 2 years.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:43:22 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

You what? If you have enough money left just to make survive with you with in 5-10 years that's okey buddy but if you have no left money and invest all of your savings their is big possibilities that what you invest is what you reap with 2 years.
well investing all your savings is really risky specially on cryptocurrency.i believe on spending only  the half of your savings  is secure than spending it all through investment .i think we must not keep searching for profit maybe we  must learn first different things on investing and the rest and all profits may follow.
wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 12:38:41 AM

That portfolio is good idea because all those coin strong in fundamental but by make investing all savings in to cryptocurrency I think that not good idea, because volatilty of crypto to high and we dont know excatly what will happen with crypto in the future. Will be great idea if make investment by maksimum 80% of all savings to crypto.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:07:06 AM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Good plan for the future, advise you to make Ethereum %35, Litecoin %15.

Did you catch the dip for Bitcoin at $5500? If you were, you're so lucky cause the price will be never dropped to that price again  Cheesy
If the price will never drop again then good. But I think it will drop on the next hard fork this mid of November. Maybe small investor will get that oppurtunity to buy some bitcoin for a small amount for them to gain profit when bitcoin price will increase again. In my opinion, hold your bitcoin until next year.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:51:56 AM

Invest all my saving years ago in bitcoin. I have never look back. As you can see. You can take an intelligent guess for those who own bitcoin as to what they worth now! Bitcoin has performed beyond and above my expectation. Still buying and holding as well.

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
sheilasekarbumi

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:55:51 AM

Invest all my saving years ago in bitcoin. I have never look back. As you can see. You can take an intelligent guess for those who own bitcoin as to what they worth now! Bitcoin has performed beyond and above my expectation. Still buying and holding as well.
But at that moment, people are too scared with Bitcoins. At that moment, Bitcoin was used for crinimals, they use it for transaction from each others. So it's hard to accepted . But now people are slowly accepting it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: