Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing all my savings!  (Read 14277 times)
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

This is a smart decision, instead of saving you should turn the money into altcoin and hold it for a long time and you will suddenly become wealthy.

I won't do that, investing my whole savings in bitcoin, much more in altcoins and hold them for a long time? that would be a big mistake. Just go 50/50 half in bitcoin and half in fiat. Atleast when the transaction fee rose like this days, you still have money in real life that you can use even if you don't move your bitcoins.

Holding altcoins long term I think is not gonna give you a good ROI, most of them after booming, they return back to being a shitcoin.
agreed! never invest all your money and earn passive income with it, you don't know what accident might happen in the future and you don't know if there is a disaster coming, just a real talk, investing all your savings has never been a good idea even if you ask many financial advisers and professionals.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:18:16 AM

Chart is everything guys, examine charts before investing in any crypto. Many scams with ICOs recently

I agree with you that with what you have described in detail not just a post but you give a picture in a very detailed chart table. and as you said that we should do before committing to an investment activity on crypto, we should first find out about an ICO you will do to invest in the development of the project. so do not we make a carelessness that can cause losses for what we have invested on a large scale because I think a crypto investment is an investment that can not be seen by naked eye is very different from the investment offline. I think we should not do a faux pas by including all the funds we have through crypto investment. of course there are many other forms of investment that can be done offline. one example of an investment that can be done offline is reallestat investment. I think the form of investment offline does not have a high enough risk. so what I mean is split some of your money with an investment offline.
right now i think it is really profitable and you can make a good profit but right now i will not recommend anyone to put all in crypto. i believe on spending only  the half of your savings  is secure than spending it all through investment .i think we must not keep searching for profit maybe we  must learn first different things on investing and the rest and all profits may follow.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

I think it's not a good plan to invest all your money on trading, because in trading nothing is certain sometimes up sometimes down, I think if you want to invest in trading maybe you can try 25% or half so if you lose in trading you will not lose all your money.
reronggo

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:06:35 PM

investing all your funds? i think it really risky, but to avoif the risk maybe you can invest 50% of your funds then split into 3 part invest like you do. but if you reckless and ready for the risk, it depends on your decision. beside the price, luckiness will be your friends.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:41:07 PM

The ratio how you've split the funds among cryptocurrencies is good. Still I wouldn't invest all my saving in anything not just in cryptocurrencies. No matter how the situation is looking good and attractive and the price is high this can change and will change at some point so it's too risky to spend all your saving. Reconsider your decision one more time and maybe consult somebody that is maybe more experienced with cryptocurrency investing.
There is really no certain call on how much of your saving you should invest. In doing an investment, we should always consider that there is always a room for loses, and we must be very ready how to counter that loss to avoid bankruptcy. So consider not only the ratio, but its future stability in term of value.
hydeevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:00:10 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

I am investing the money at the next dip.
Please post your opinion guys.

Edit: I should mention that this is for a longtherm hold, about 5-10 years

Sorry for my bad english, but I am better reading it than writing it.. :p
Splitting your savings according to the coins value in the market is too good because it was obvious that you were monitoring the market value often. I just wonder applications you are using now. However, I won't agree to the fact that you are planning to invest all of your savings in cryptocurrency because for sure you will need money or cash in your pocket in case of emergency case.
zmkriel

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:00:45 AM

the percentage of each coins may be perfect but i suggest not to invest all your savings into crypto currencies only because 5-10 years is a little bit long. and we can't tell what will happen in the future such as an emergencies. anyway, you can still hold it back and convert your bitcoins but panic selling or converting is way too risky.
Gladz29

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:25:32 PM

For me, investing all your savings to 3 cryptocurrencies you have mentioned is not really good idea. Why? because you cannot say what will happen the following days or months if the prices will either go up or down. It is very risky and the rates are flactuating. Also, what if something emergency that might happen in few days or months with your own personal life. Be proactive about uncertainties.
I think no, Because when you invest all your funds you take a risk of it. Because you save for your future, but if you invest all maybe their is nothing will left to you but you can earn or get profit. But for now I think don't invest all your funds. Just think for tomorrow. Not all the time you can find money.
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:34:51 PM

Your allocation is not so bad however I think it is better if you invest only half of your savings. Save half for yourself and then when the other half gains, invest its half. Run your money in a cycle to be able to gain money and save some for yourself. This is my opinion. You can do whatever you want with your money. Wink

Drakula

Activity: 421

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:38:51 PM

It is not so good idea. Because Crypto system can be hack and so scams here. So this field has some of risky. I think better idea to investing part of your savings. Huh
Yes, I think it is not a good idea or even a good plan. Investing all your savings will be too risky, you can invest but not all your saving; if you do that, it may be hacked specially when you're wallet is not secure. It is still better you will keep some of your money in your bank account.
jojowar

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:47:26 PM

Your idea of investing in 3 cryptocurrencies is good but I think if you will invest all your savings into cryptocurrencies is not a good idea. For now cryptocurrencies flies high but if you invest it for 5 to 10 years no one knows if it will be the same.

tibor

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:49:04 PM

The ratio you used to buy cryptocurrency is good, maybe I will include Ripple or Bitcoin Cash, they are also good ones.

But invest all the savings in only krypto is not recomendable, i would recomend 50% crypto and the other to another asset that is giving less volatility.

Decade_Later

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Changing the world, one project at a time

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 12:50:13 PM

Your allocation is not so bad however I think it is better if you invest only half of your savings. Save half for yourself and then when the other half gains, invest its half. Run your money in a cycle to be able to gain money and save some for yourself. This is my opinion. You can do whatever you want with your money. Wink

What savings vehicle would you recommend as an alternative? Most "safe" ones are barely over the CPI if that.

If it's an asset, it can be tokenized. www.assetbase.io
Rayner77

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:51:27 PM

I'd say invest only a portion of your savings into Cryptocurrencies. While the return won't be as high as investing all your money, you won't risk losing it all in one go either.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:37:57 PM

Hello guys! I am planning on investing all my savings (12500$) in cryptocurrency, so I would really like to hear your opinion. My current plan is to split it in to 3 :
-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

Splitting your savings according to the coins value in the market is too good because it was obvious that you were monitoring the market value often. I just wonder applications you are using now. However, I won't agree to the fact that you are planning to invest all of your savings in cryptocurrency because for sure you will need money or cash in your pocket in case of emergency case.
There is no need of splitting invest your whole amount in good coin at this time and bitcoin is qualifying every need if investor so go for it and you will praise your decision I future and tell other also about bitcoin because its profit rates are very high and the most beneficial thing is you can spend your saving because bitcoin is also accepted as payment in many stores so think and invest into it this will bless you more, than expectations,
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:05:25 PM

Putting all you're savings on cryptocurrency is not a good idea, you must to put at least 20% of your savings on bank for you're emergency purposes and we didn't know what will happened to your coins in the future.
Well, there is not risk as such in investing all or maximum of your savings into bitcoin but the problem is you can be anytime hit by financial crisis or can need money on emergency basis. So for that, it is good as you said to save some amount in bank or in your house.

Whatever you have extra, invest in bitcoin and hold it for long time. Bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and is going to soon rule whole world.

drawoh14

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:40:11 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

If that is what you really want go and deal with it, you have chosen the right coin and token to invest. 5-10 years is a serious thing with your investment, I hope it will be a success for you.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
Decade_Later

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Changing the world, one project at a time

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 02:41:59 PM

-50% bitcoin.
-25% ethereum.
-25% litecoin.

If that is what you really want go and deal with it, you have chosen the right coin and token to invest. 5-10 years is a serious thing with your investment, I hope it will be a success for you.

You're right about 5-10 years being a long term commitment, but that's how all investments should be done. You can never realize the time value of money if you are shifting it constantly. Most advisors would suggest this is the minimum time for a serious investment of capital.

If it's an asset, it can be tokenized. www.assetbase.io
PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:00:57 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency is such a good idea and investing your savings into 3 cryptocurrency is also a good idea. I think it is not good idea to invests all your savings into cryptocurrency. Maybe invest the half and the other half you invest it other than cryptocurrency.
tigervn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:49:27 AM

If you just invest your savings in crypto, it's a good investment. Because of this new market you need time to monitor and research this market. Once you have mastered the volatility of the market, you can invest more in it. The potential development of this market is immense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: