Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:07:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 3626 times)
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:16:37 AM

In my opinoin. Bitcoin was intended to be a currency, but right now, it is in fact being treated as an asset way more than a currency. Sure there are people out there who are actually buying stuff using bitcoins, but mostly, people are just investing in it so they can trade or hold until it increases in price. It's not a bad thing, and it can't be helped either since this is the trend that bitcoin grew upon.

I agree! Way back in the time that bitcoin have been created, it was really intended to be a medium of exchange. I remember how much bitcoin was used to purchase a slice of pizza. And now, its value drove up so high that turn as an asset to invest in. Greatly, bitcoin advanced and moved forward as the technology did so.
Doen't matter whether it is an asset or a currency, everyone is really earning from it.

Maybe its in your country you can buy something with bitcoin but here in mine i never use it to pay something because it can not be used to buy something.
However for me bitcoin is only an asset but if we can use bitcoin as currency then i will support it.
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:25:09 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

We can consider bitcoin as asset and as currency because we can use it to pay and buy some things and while holding it's gaining also  once the market value increases.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:41:15 AM

Bitcoin is also considered a valuable currency. Investing in successful bitcoin is a good idea as well. However, this is a currency with no stable value. It depends on market fluctuations and it is still not legally recognized. In some countries like Switzerland they have accepted to pay wages by bitcoin.
putriliesma

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:48:55 AM

From now on, I can say Bitcoin is more likely an asset rather than currency.
Bitcoin as a currency is too many fees for me
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:58:04 AM

For me, it's both. I invest in Bitcoin because I am certain that Bitcoin will succeed in the future that's why I bought it. Many people don't understand why Bitcoin is important, they don't even know that there is an alternative to current financial system. I also used Bitcoin for payments from time to time. Sometimes it is really difficult for me to spend it but I want to support merchants.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
CoinstarF

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

Well for me bitcoin is a currency because it can be used as mode of payment and many other transactions and when you invest in bitcoin you will earn more profit in the future that makes bitcoin an asset.

Bitcoin is an asset a long term investment that can guarantee to many investors, it is also a currency or a digital money who's faster in process and higher value in all curriencies.
Corsicoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

CryptoSport

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 12:00:17 PM

For me this is just a matter of opinino.
If you plan on using it to buy stuff it's a currency, if you just store it as a value it's an asset.
No matter what it is, it's the future!

In Satoshi We Trust !  Cool

dominional

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 12:08:38 PM

Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? bitcoin is not a currency because is not widely accepted but it an asset which can be stock for the raining days. it is an asset because it can be stock and the globe is widely accepting bitcoin in a good matter from level to level

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:17:32 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 12:33:11 PM by Pansamantala

bitcoin is considered as a type of digital currency since it was what it was intended to be in the first place when it was created by Satoshi Nakamoto but i do think that people are free to view them as an asset since there is money involved and it is used on investing and gaining profits. but either way the answer falls to both. bitcoin is both asset and a currency.
wasaisisisi

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:26:10 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:30:42 PM

I think Bitcoin is strengthening its position in the world as a digital currency. Many people are also shopping online with Bitcoin. And in many countries Bitcoin ATM is also available. This suggests that Bitcoin is being used more as a currency and in the future, every kind of people will take Bitcoin currency and will also start using Bitcoin for every take of their life.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Crislyn4116

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:32:02 PM

Bitcoin is an asset. Bitcoin is the cause why im here in the crypto currency world. Bitcoin is the one who will help me that i can buy everything i want if i will work hard in the campaign. Bitcoin is the cause why i can help my family for the money.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
gjtnwls1

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:33:06 PM

EmbarrassedI think bitcoin is close to asset. Bitcoin has high transaction fee and slow so it can be hard to be a currency for now.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:38:12 PM

For me, bitcoin is mainly an asset as of now. I can confirm that it is an asset for investment because as we all know, nowadays bitcoin is more used and revered to as an investment rather than something you could use to buy things and finalize transactions. Moreover, the amount of people that uses it as a way to earn profits would make it clear that it is more used as an investment rather than a currency.
bengca84135120

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

Many countries have defined BTC as assets and started to tax them!

Probably because BTC is the code that is responsible for the algorithm generated on the block chain and does not have the property of money!

But the technical value of blockchain is an asset!
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:35:19 PM

It is an asset for me that continuously growing in the years of holdings without the help of the banks and an easy way to grow money for the holders but theirs also a risk because it is an investment.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:42:06 PM

For me, bitcoin is mainly an asset as of now. I can confirm that it is an asset for investment because as we all know, nowadays bitcoin is more used and revered to as an investment rather than something you could use to buy things and finalize transactions. Moreover, the amount of people that uses it as a way to earn profits would make it clear that it is more used as an investment rather than a currency.

I am leaving this I think bitcoin is an asset in the form of currency  every investment is an asset and I think bitcoin is included in that. Many people invests in bitcoin and through this way bitcoin is achieving its go to be a currency

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
wiro 212

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:44:08 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

Bitcoin is a digital currency that can be used to transact online and also trade for profit. Bitcoin can rise higher and it will be a profitable investment in the long term, and for that I consider bitcoin as an asset.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:11:48 PM

I see more and focus with bitcoin as an asset. I think the current bitcoin is not good if it is used as a currency because of its highly unstable value.
It is a currency, it is rather an international currency and has been adopted for dealing and trading by companies which used to use dollar as their medium of exchange before the dawn of the Bitcoin. It is an asset. Investment in the technology is a store of value in one way and the worth of the asset rises with the passage of time like you invest in property and the assets after some time pays off.
Rajbir1994

Activity: 246

For success work hard!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:01:33 AM

First one this is an asset and then it works as a currency when people use it for the transaction. And of course, this is a great coin. Anyways, I heard about some more new ICO projects @SciDex. Looks like a good project and a great team is working on it. Does anyone know about @SciDex well?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: