Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum | Fast. Optimized. Unique Innovation. | 0% Orphans  (Read 55732 times)
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:52:01 AM

The ARG part of the upcoming exchange is completed and working well. I'm continuing the development and I'll update as I get further along.

Also, if you missed other updates:

1. Bank of Argentum will be first
2. New investors have joined funding efforts

Cheers looking forward to seeing this up and running followed by the same for dgc Smiley Exciting times ahead with arguably the best services of any alt coins coming for arg and dgc!

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
everybodyclapyohands

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 02:42:32 AM

So it's been almost 38hours since multipool.in forced ARG into high diff. In that time just 230 blocks have been mined, where it should have been around 4,275 blocks. So that's over 4,000 blocks that everyone, including the users of multipool.in didn't get a share of. The greedy rush for a quick 250 blocks wastes 4,000 blocks. It's relatively simple arithmetic to work out how many minutes in an hour a pool with around 400MH/s could mine a coin ARG for maximum sustainable profitability, instead of rushing like a bull at a gate and ruining it for all.

The end result of course, is that multipool.in users are forced to mine high diff, energy expensive, coins with a high hash rate like LTC, FTC or even DGC  for hours on end where the can't achieve the majority of the hash rate, instead of the far more profitable low diff alt coins. Quite sad really.

Well said.  Anyone with half a brain knows the math doesn't work yet they keep pushing these coin switchers like they're such a great idea. Hate to sound like a grumpy old man but Multipool, get the hell off my lawn.

Secure Online Wallet - https://mywl.lt - Vote for your favorite coin
IRC Wallets #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net
DGC Faucet Free digitalcoin Open source faucet written in NodeJS
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 07:23:38 AM

Could do with some help over at:

http://argentum.miningpool.co

Wink
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 05:46:20 PM

An idea on how to diminish the Multipool effect:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=257418

killdemon

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:20:29 PM

This multipool is a cancer. They are going only for profitability and they are creating a huge ripple effect. X-Radiate them Grin
They are not doing any good. Pools with smaller hash rate are in danger. They can not cope with fast hash rate change so people are leaving and looking for an alternative in pools with higher hash rate.

flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:43:09 PM

So it's been almost 38hours since multipool.in forced ARG into high diff. In that time just 230 blocks have been mined, where it should have been around 4,275 blocks. So that's over 4,000 blocks that everyone, including the users of multipool.in didn't get a share of. The greedy rush for a quick 250 blocks wastes 4,000 blocks. It's relatively simple arithmetic to work out how many minutes in an hour a pool with around 400MH/s could mine a coin ARG for maximum sustainable profitability, instead of rushing like a bull at a gate and ruining it for all.

The end result of course, is that multipool.in users are forced to mine high diff, energy expensive, coins with a high hash rate like LTC, FTC or even DGC  for hours on end where the can't achieve the majority of the hash rate, instead of the far more profitable low diff alt coins. Quite sad really.

Actually, according to my charts we were only around half of the hash rate the last time ARG was low.  That means there is another entity with around 400MH+ mining on your coin when the difficulty goes down.  Good luck finding them and I hope they're white hats and not someone planning to 51%!

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:44:53 PM

By the way I guess this means concerns about multipool being more than 50% are now gone right?   Grin

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:48:07 PM

Also you still haven't updated your topic to remove the 0% orphans claim, even though it's been demonstrated to be false.

everybodyclapyohands

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:14:47 PM

The end result of course, is that multipool.in users are forced to mine high diff, energy expensive, coins with a high hash rate like LTC, FTC or even DGC  for hours on end where the can't achieve the majority of the hash rate, instead of the far more profitable low diff alt coins. Quite sad really.

Actually, according to my charts we were only around half of the hash rate the last time ARG was low.  That means there is another entity with around 400MH+ mining on your coin when the difficulty goes down.  Good luck finding them and I hope they're white hats and not someone planning to 51%!

Hey Adam, get over yourself.

You're destroying a perfectly good coin for no reason. If you leave your pool on ARG, the diff will steadily rise to meet the new hashrate. Your pool will continue to find a ton of blocks, and bring in a ton of money for your miners on a coin that is profitable AND severely undervalued, even after doubling in price this past week. Instead, you come on, mine a smaller amount - one which means your small miners probably aren't even getting enough ARG to reach a minimum withdrawal - and then leave those of us who CARE about the coin in the dust where it then takes over 24 hours to get back to our correct diff because NO COIN IS OR SHOULD BE DESIGNED TO HANDLE 4000% HASHRATE SPIKES.

You can even see on your own pool's thread plenty of people complaining because you hop onto LTC for a while, then hop off, and never get credit for your work on LTC.

Do you not see how pool hopping DOES NOT work out better for you, your miners, OR the crypto currency community as a whole? Is this the type of practice you teach your kids? Screw everyone else, I'm having fun with an experiment?

You are essentially a single person in charge of a 400Mh/s botnet, and somehow you think this is okay?

MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:17:44 PM

Could always use
http://coinworld.us:7775/static/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:22:08 PM

You're destroying a perfectly good coin for no reason. If you leave your pool on ARG, the diff will steadily rise to meet the new hashrate. Your pool will continue to find a ton of blocks, and bring in a ton of money for your miners on a coin that is profitable AND severely undervalued, even after doubling in price this past week. Instead, you come on, mine a smaller amount - one which means your small miners probably aren't even getting enough ARG to reach a minimum withdrawal - and then leave those of us who CARE about the coin in the dust where it then takes over 24 hours to get back to our correct diff because NO COIN IS OR SHOULD BE DESIGNED TO HANDLE 4000% HASHRATE SPIKES.

You can even see on your own pool's thread plenty of people complaining because you hop onto LTC for a while, then hop off, and never get credit for your work on LTC.

Do you not see how pool hopping DOES NOT work out better for you, your miners, OR the crypto currency community as a whole? Is this the type of practice you teach your kids? Screw everyone else, I'm having fun with an experiment?

You are essentially a single person in charge of a 400Mh/s botnet, and somehow you think this is okay?

I too have noticed that small miners take weeks to meet the minimum withdrawal for coins like LTC or NVC, and you can't direct mine ARG,LKY, PXC so you have to wait days for them to come out of high diff again before you can mine to meet minimum withdrawl.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:31:52 PM

I too have noticed that small miners take weeks to meet the minimum withdrawal for coins like LTC or NVC, and you can't direct mine ARG,LKY, PXC so you have to wait days for them to come out of high diff again before you can mine to meet minimum withdrawl.

Minimum withdraw on my pool is only one coin.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:34:23 PM

It's not a botnet.  Botnet implies that the owners of the machines connected to my pool do not know or consent to their miners being used this way.  This is obviously not the case.

It also has nothing to do with fun.  My promise to my miners is that they will always be mining the most profitable coin (that I offer).  If I do anything else I am reneging on my promise.  The fact that the time-based PPLNS rounds for some coins are not optimally tweaked at the moment is beside the point.  That is a problem that is easily overcome.

Again, you have another 400MH beside my pool on the network when your diff drops.  Even if I turn off ARG now, your coin will still have the same issue.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:39:04 PM

I might be amenable to opening up the ARG port on my pool for direct mining.  However, I do not see how that would help the situation.

If the Devs want this they can contact me privately.

everybodyclapyohands

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 09:40:40 PM

It's not a botnet.  Botnet implies that the owners of the machines connected to my pool do not know or consent to their miners being used this way.  This is obviously not the case.

It also has nothing to do with fun.  My promise to my miners is that they will always be mining the most profitable coin (that I offer).  If I do anything else I am reneging on my promise.  The fact that the time-based PPLNS rounds for some coins are not optimally tweaked at the moment is beside the point.  That is a problem that is easily overcome.

Again, you have another 400MH beside my pool on the network when your diff drops.  Even if I turn off ARG now, your coin will still have the same issue.

hashrate calcs are not entirely accurate, and impossible to properly calculate when there's such a drastic increase followed by sudden decrease.

Stop avoiding the issue. You're not making any more money by mining this way, especially mining LTC for hours without paying out, you're not doing anybody any favors.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:48:16 PM

hashrate calcs are not entirely accurate, and impossible to properly calculate when there's such a drastic increase followed by sudden decrease.

Maybe not, but when you compare them to the previous spikes and note that my hashrate has not doubled since then, and also note the fact that the difficulty has spiked even higher, it becomes more obvious.  Maybe this chart will help you see the difference:

Stop avoiding the issue. You're not making any more money by mining this way, especially mining LTC for hours without paying out, you're not doing anybody any favors.

I'm sorry, but you're confused.  We found 3 blocks while mining LTC for 9 hours this morning that were paid out, and a 4th that was orphaned.  That is perfectly in line with the expected payout while the pool was on LTC.

Please have your devs contact me about opening up my ARG port for direct mining.  Surely they have some of that premine left, right?  Or did they dump it already?

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:53:43 PM

If you are a pool owner, you do your own hashrate calc based on the block numbers and timestamps, it's not very hard arithmetic, yet I see pool after pool screwing it up. Some people do stoopid things like take an average since the last diff change, or over the last 100 blocks, rather than say over the last 10min. which would be more relevant.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 09:55:44 PM

If you are a pool owner, you do your own hashrate calc based on the block numbers and timestamps, it's not very hard arithmetic, yet I see pool after pool screwing it up. Some people do stoopid things like take an average since the last diff change, or over the last 100 blocks, rather than say over the last 10min. which would be more relevant.

I don't do my own hashrate calculations, there is no reason to.  For scrypt coins I use the getnetworkhashps function that's built into the client.

Even if that was off, for some reason, you can still see the dramatic difference between the last two difficulty dips and the previous ones.

kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:11:32 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 12:18:34 AM by kslavik

I don't do my own hashrate calculations, there is no reason to.  For scrypt coins I use the getnetworkhashps function that's built into the client.

Even if that was off, for some reason, you can still see the dramatic difference between the last two difficulty dips and the previous ones.

Well, the best way to calculate it is just to see how many blocks were mined by multipool:

From block 56250 to block 56500 (those are 250 lower difficulty blocks), there were 160 blocks mined by multipool, which means multipool had 160/250*100 = 64% of the network

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 11:51:56 PM

I don't do my own hashrate calculations, there is no reason to.  For scrypt coins I use the getnetworkhashps function that's built into the client.

Well, the best way it calculate is just to see how many blocks were mined by multipool:

From block 56250 to block 56500 (those are 250 lower difficulty blocks), there were 160 blocks mined by multipool, which means multipool had 160/250*100 = 64% of the network

The client said the network peaked at 871Mh.  Most likely what happened is we switched faster and mined a bunch of blocks before the rest of the non-multipool hashrate came in.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: