Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:54:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark use of Bitcoin  (Read 23323 times)
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:32:54 AM

It's already said in a report that it is just less than 1% of bitcoin used for illegal crimes. I'm a huge supporter of bitcoin so I won't use it in anything that is prohibited by law like drugs.
premmak

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:36:37 AM

Why would anyone with sane mind would use Bitcoin for legal payments. Either use any other reasonably efficient currency like ETH or XRP. Effect of proof of Work on BTC is very hard . It may be usable when lightning network comes inaction
jembaba1

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 05:08:50 PM

I think everybody should use legal everything but sometimes we can have some problems for legal situtations. then maybe we can use illegal things..
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:01:58 AM

Why would anyone with sane mind would use Bitcoin for legal payments. Either use any other reasonably efficient currency like ETH or XRP. Effect of proof of Work on BTC is very hard . It may be usable when lightning network comes inaction

Wtf?  Proof of Work enables the security of the network, this doesn't refer to the backlog of transactions on the network at all.  I actually thought you were about to say just use Venmo, Paypal, Visa, Etc; which would make sense, but using Eth, which is a dApp token doesn't make any sense and still can't really understand why it is being used as a currency like Bitcoin.

Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:56:57 PM

It's already said in a report that it is just less than 1% of bitcoin used for illegal crimes. I'm a huge supporter of bitcoin so I won't use it in anything that is prohibited by law like drugs.
Same here, I will never use bitcoin for illegal transaction because I don't want to stain the name of it. Doing this kind of actions is one of the reason why the government and other people don't trust bitcoin because they think that people will use bitcoin as a tool in bad things and with the anonymity of bitcoin is hard to track who is the person doing it.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:52:57 PM

If I am not wrong, many of the dark markets are moving away from Bitcoin and the TOR browser. They are using other anonymous modes of payment and non-TOR browsers. So there is no point in arguing that there is a link between Bitcoin and drugs trade.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 10:12:54 PM

I don't participate in any for of shady business with the use of bitcoin or any other crypto currency in general. The use of bitcoin and other crypto currency should be discourage in totality as it's negative on bitcoin and crypto currency is enormous. 
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:20:32 PM

Bitcoin becomes very useful for criminals who want to hide the money from their crimes. Because if they save money in the bank, the money from the crime can be easily traced. Bitcoin can also be abused by people who want to hide their income from government, and avoid paying taxes.
bbjay

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:49:57 PM

Just like any other money, bitcoin can be used to buy anything you want. Personally I don,t use bitcoin to paid or access bad thing and I hope other bitcoiner would emulate that. Individual need would determine what they use their bitcoin for and nothing more.

retail.global  |  Business-As-A-Service Ecommerce Ecosystem
▬▬▬▬▬  ● ●  Powered by Blockchain  ● ●  ▬▬▬▬▬
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:33:16 PM

I see here people are concentrated on bad and negative sides of it,They never say how  can it reduce corruption and regulatory capture...Today in my country there are too many institutional sectors which use blockchain for their institutional purposes,At the same time people have already realized  what the blockchain and consensus system can do,There are too many sectors in the digital realm with this new inventions,especially in economical,social and in independent Politician structures,because they know how it can improve the decentralization of centralized administrators,They use it to achieve success and not for criminal.
goldenplak

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:18:45 PM

I think bitcoin most liquid cryptocurrency and most popular, so it is the main reason why bitcoin so attractive for criminals in comparison with other cryptocurrencies which more untraceable
seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:09:19 PM

Bitcoin becomes very useful for criminals who want to hide the money from their crimes. Because if they save money in the bank, the money from the crime can be easily traced. Bitcoin can also be abused by people who want to hide their income from government, and avoid paying taxes.
That's absolutely right! There is a lot of people who use bitcoin in a shady activites and most of them doing fraud bussnies in the darknet, In this web, people cannot be trarcked by anyone as they have a dynamic IP address, Also with regards of deals, they use bitcoin, because it's untracked and people being anonymous if they use bitcoin to pay some kind of services.
guffie

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:35:10 AM

1) Are you used Bitcoin to buy illegal staff Huh

2) which better to buy legal things  Bitcoin or Normal Bank system (PP, payer, cash,.............)
I do not use Bitcoin in dark and negative. I do not use Bitcoin as an illegal staff or anything worse. Yes, indeed Bitcoin can be misused for things that are illegal and money laundering. But I use Bitcoin as an investment asset, a transaction tool, and even my daily work. Everything I do in Bitcoin is very positive.
blodelf1

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:21:49 PM

ı think it is simply legal to buy illegal stuff. the statement described itself already. any kind of payment used to pay for illegal assets and products is already defined as illegal activity
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:19:41 PM

I don't participate in any for of shady business with the use of bitcoin or any other crypto currency in general. The use of bitcoin and other crypto currency should be discourage in totality as it's negative on bitcoin and crypto currency is enormous. 

So then what... just simply don't use Bitcoin?  What you are proposing is for Bitcoin to be a speculative, profit generating, speculation ponzi scheme game; which sadly it already kinda is.  What gives Bitcoin value is the fact that it can be used as a currency that doesn't require third parties to verify the legitimacy of those funds over the Internet.

To prove my point.  Hey, hey hey.... would you want to convert any of your holdings into Bitconnect?

https://youtu.be/lCcwn6bGUtU

yeah probably not.  Roll Eyes

Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:32:50 PM

1) Are you used Bitcoin to buy illegal staff Huh

2) which better to buy legal things  Bitcoin or Normal Bank system (PP,payeer,cash ,.............)

You can buy legal and illegal stuff with your own paper moneys/Fiat moneys and it is the same with Bitcoin as it is not an exemption to the rule of money, as long as you can spend valuable things in exchange of other things whether it is good or bad. It is just a matter of who will gonna use the money though and we all know the saying 'Money is the root of all evil' so meaning it is evil but if you use it in a good way then it is not. It just happened that Bitcoin is an international digital currency but it is still 'Money'.
That is what everyone has to say in order to support bitcoin's role in creating darknet. Bitcoin is  not an exception to this, I agree, but I don't agree with you on the point that money is  the root cause of all the evils. It depends  and varies from person to person. It s again a subjective matter and cannot be standardized. There are people who do not commit any fraud either by using bitcoin or fiat. So its a matter of perspectives.

I think that there are more cases reported in the crypto market (if we go by the proportionate ratio), than the normal currency market of any of the country. Crypto market is characterized by its anonymity and this leads to ever increasing number of these illegal transactions.
lokanot0

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:24:19 AM

There are so many different ways to buy illegal stuff.  Using bitcoin as one of them would be so much risky because there is a huge possibility that it might be a scam. Better use normal cash.
VeronAncient

Activity: 378
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:30:04 AM

I use bitcoin for good activities and do not break the law. such as trading with payment method using digital currency, trading coin. there are still many people who abuse digital currency for crimes such as corruption, money laundering.
CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 04:59:18 AM

I use bitcoin and altcoin for positive activities. especially to increase income every month. this technology is very helpful to reduce unemployment in all countries. I am greatly helped by the existence of digital currency, because my financial activities become more simple and easy.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 08:40:04 AM

To make regular payments, the banking system is more convenient at the moment.
Bitcoin is more suitable for the accumulation and transfer of capital.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: