Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to secure bitcoin wallet??  (Read 2298 times)
Yadstiker

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:51:04 PM

I think most of us here are using online wallets which are having private keys and other stuffs. The only thing you should do is to keep it in a safe place, besides if there will some problems occuring on your wallet you can immediately contact them for your clarifications and questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

if you afraid if your online wallet hacked by hacker, you need to store it on offline wallet, you use old pc or small notebook to save it, remember just save it because if you use in daily your computer can infected by virus and if you dont have any backup your wallet will gone

hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:34:37 PM

Let me know which wallet are you using right now so i can guide you in detail more about the security concerns. In this world hackers have already made many attacks previously like ransomwar cyber attack and there is no wallet that you can save you from getting hacked from hackers. Don't use exchanges as they have high risk of getting hacked, but you can choose the best and good wallet which will give you high security and that will eliminate chances of getting hacked like HARDWARE wallets something like LEDGER NANO S, TREZOR etc. which are really tough and impossible to hack. I would recommend you to go for hardware wallet if you are worried about security.i am personally using trezor and i am really satisfied with it.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:57:58 PM

Just don't trust any online wallets because if they will and always will have a problem, online wallets are most likely to be targeted by hackers. Hardware wallets has a good security,
you will need to invest some money to it but by doing so you don't need to worry no more about anything regarding security.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:41:40 PM

Buy a smartphone or laptop just for storing Bitcoins. That will do a great trick and will allow you to make them safe. Don't use it for anything else
But smartphone or laptop can get infected when connected to internet, best way to store and use bitcoin is to sign transaction via electrum in offline environment (laptop without internet) and than broadcasting it using online tools.
guide here https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/guides/how-to-make-a-bitcoin-offline-transaction/
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:51:55 PM

Just make a online wallet, they will have your private key stored in a safe place. It not so easy to hack a site so you will have less chance to be hacked.

If you have a locally stored wallet they can easily hacked by a wallet stealer. If you download things on the internet there could be a wallet stealer so they can steal it.

Sites get hacked all the time as do PCs.

Get a hardware wallet.
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:18:24 PM

It is very easy to secure to your bitcoin wallet . First time you must create a 2fa verification code. You must use coinbase account or Blockchain wallet. If you use those wallet you can make a good save your won wallet. So you must use 2FA verification code, if you use it no one can login your account. when someone login your account you get a mobile code then you can put your code and login your account.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:32:05 PM

We will never know how smart are the hackers around us. I think that there is nothing really safe with them and the least we can do to protect our wallet is to make sure that we don’t have our accounts in public. We must open our accounts privately and avoid using our bitcoin accounts in public places.
sharkvn

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:40:28 PM

You can store bitcoin on hard wallet. Please keep private key carefully because if you lose you can not get back your bitcoin. Keep your bitcoin very careful.
greenpips

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:47:49 AM

Regardless of how you look at it, paper wallets are a very secure way of storing bitcoin. A paper wallet is not connected to the Internet, can’t be hacked, and is not a third party you rely on. However, it is a paper wallet, making it subject to theft, fire or water damage, getting lost, or being redeemed by someone else. Storing a paper wallet inside a vault or safe deposit box is a good way of securing your funds, but it’s not too practical for most users.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:52:39 AM

Yes, in this situation security on wallet is more important. You can safe your private key personally. On your account you can activate 2 steps verification for more security. Don't click http links and unexpected links. It can cause of hacking your wallet.
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 04:53:44 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.

What wallet you are referring to sir? Web wallet is way better than hard wallet as far as security is concerned. Aside from having a 2-Factor Authentication, you can verify the site between a legit and a phishing by just checking the SSL certificates.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:56:12 AM

if you afraid if your online wallet hacked by hacker, you need to store it on offline wallet, you use old pc or small notebook to save it, remember just save it because if you use in daily your computer can infected by virus and if you dont have any backup your wallet will gone
If you are currently storing your btc in this way then don't do it , you might have a budget i get it but this real money , btc is now worth more than $6k if you store your btc in a laptop it will still be prone to hacking just buy any hardware wallet like trezor , it's really easy to use and also more secure than your laptop.

We will never know how smart are the hackers around us. I think that there is nothing really safe with them and the least we can do to protect our wallet is to make sure that we don’t have our accounts in public. We must open our accounts privately and avoid using our bitcoin accounts in public places.
Wrong you can read my above reply to another user hardware wallets can't br hacked unless someone access it physical or if you are dumb enough to do some stupid more.

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.

What wallet you are referring to sir? Web wallet is way better than hard wallet as far as security is concerned. Aside from having a 2-Factor Authentication, you can verify the site between a legit and a phishing by just checking the SSL certificates.
Again wrong online wallet means you are storing your funds in someone else wallet who claims to protect it , what if the site only takes your money your 2FA will be of no use. And btw if you didn't know there are still ways to bypass 2FA. Roll Eyes
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:59:08 AM

I think the best way to secure you wallet is to make sure that the private key is safe. I was told that key is my LIFE here on bitcoin and I should have ways to recover it in case I lost it. Hope this help. Thank you.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
ismelda_ita

Activity: 369
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:00:31 AM

Each Bitcoin wallet must have different layers of security and different ways of securing it. But on average, they provide an option where you can add 2 Factor Authentication to give an extra layer of security to your wallet. 2 Factor Authentication is usually a verification via TXT pin that will enter the mobile phone number you registered when you created a wallet, or a Google Authenticator pin that you can install on your laptop or on your smartphone. As a result, every time you want to login to your wallet, you should be able to enter your e-mail address, password and TXT pin or GA pin to access your wallet.
The most important thing you should do to secure your wallet is to backup your private key.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:10:10 AM

these tips I can give you to keep your wallet safe:
1. Keep your private key wallet in a safe place. Do not publish.
2. Make a strong password by giving a combination of capital letters and numbers. do not forget to record it.
3. Avoid phishing links
4. enable a very secure security feature that is two factor authentification (2fa). 2FA can be Google authentification, SMS, or Authy authentification.

may be useful

aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:23:17 AM

for me OP, the best way to secure your wallet is to keep back-up your private key (12 word phrase) and turn on your security key to protect your
wallet specially your bitcoin wallet. and maybe dont store all your bitcoin in one btc wallet address. make it more and keep the key (12 word phrase) to full control your wallet. dont trust anybody or any sites that requiring private key or never fill up any form that requires your private key and password, most of the other sites that offers a good to be true return are pishing sites so aware on that.
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:29:09 AM

There are many bitcoin wallets today that have high securities. Try to put all of your bitcoins in trusted wallets like coinbase for you to make sure that your bitcoins are safe.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:30:13 AM

What bitcoin wallet do you use? To secure your Bitcoins do not use any Bitcoin online wallets even they have good reputation or wallets that are provided by exchanges because they also know what is your private key, the best way to secure Bitcoins is to go for offline wallets such as hardware wallet if you can afford them but if you can't you can use desktop wallet as an alternative in a non virus/malware infected personal computer and also always keep your wallet software updated. The last thing is do not entrust your private key to other people.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:38:55 AM

My wallet is in my smartphone to be safe and secured my earnings. Because if you trying to save it in online wallet there are many hackers that want to steal our bitcoin. Online wallets are not perfect in secured so that never used online wallet to protect our earnings. We must choose the best wallet with best securities to avoid in the hands of hackers to keep in a good place and stay money from our wallet.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: