Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:59:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to secure bitcoin wallet??  (Read 2297 times)
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:54:04 PM

Always be alert when attacks occur on your wallet site. Better do not enter during the attack. If you could afford a hardware wallet much better for more secured bitcoins. Also, always check the URL to avoid being phished.
That's true. During all kinds of hacker attacks you shouldn't go on any sites period. Also, it's best to hold the money on an offline wallet, that's much more reliable than on an online one. Especially on the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gamechain

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:40:46 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.

Its better if you also mention your wallet do you use in storing your bitcoin. If you want to be more secured in keeping your bitcoin you must activate the 2fa mobile authenticator if you are using an online wallet. Suggested wallet for storing high amount of bitcoins is trezor or ledger wallet. It is portable and and easy to use.

Bitcoin wallet is randomly selected by 256 binary digits to form a private key, and then through the encryption function to generate the address. This generation direction is unidirectional. And want to get, first of all you have to enter the Bitcoin official website, register bitcoin wallet, enter the email address and password, and then generate bitcoin wallet address.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:44:39 AM

hacker are always trying to take money from wallet. I am very worried about the security of my wallet. what are the best way to secure wallet so that my bitcoin will always safe and secured. help me to find me the ways.
Try not to get phished,secure your phone which is the main vulnerability of getting hacked,never share your private keys,and else if you can keep these secure then chances of  getting hacked will reduce a lot.
desklamp

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:08:17 AM

It seems that nearly every day there’s another report of a major hacking. And as the number of hacks increase, consumer desires for security increase as well. Blockchain is the model of internet security, that doesn’t produce a fully secure system for users. There are a number of important safety and security practices that can help to protect your private keys and therefore protect your funds.
first it is wise to find a wallet with security measures beyond the normal wallet providers. Some wallets are now using encryption to protect the private keys. Users should always have at least two digital wallets. One wallet should be used for trading and transactional purposes, and the other wallet should be used to store savings and be kept in a secure location. This type of wallet must be a cold storage wallet. In anyway, a backup of the private keys have to be stored safely offline. This two safety tips can help you to avoid hacking your wallet.
menoharrison

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

A private key is unlikely to be hacked but it can be discovered in other ways, so the most important thing you can do is protect your private key by not sharing it. ... This is especially true for the Bitcoin core wallet, which contains a record of every single transaction ever confirmed by the Bitcoin blockchain!
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:58:01 PM

You can use the google authenticator app on your PC or on your Android. For tutorials can be seen on google or other search engines.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
halenephthys

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:34:04 PM

I guess we should have to choose first what wallet we must use. It should have good reputation. Trusted by many. And of course, nice security. The wallet we will use will contain the fruit of our hard work so it better be secured. But well, we should not only rely our wallet. We, ourselves, should secure all our belongings. Secure our private keys. Better if we keep it ourselves or only share it to people we can trust. Do not just send it on any messaging apps or social networking sites or emails as our accounts can be hacked. Just have a copy on it. Printed or handwritten. Just don't let our guard down. Secure it while we also trust our wallets.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:42:16 PM

Try switching to offline wallets or cold storage ones like a drive. I think online wallets or wallets from exchanges are far more susceptible to hacks and robbings. Using offline wallets reduces the time your wallet is connected to the internet to it is most likely less susceptible to hacks.

oxidoreductase

Activity: 224
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:53:19 PM

The bitcoin hacker will try to pinpoint your wallet so that the security of your wallet is not met, otherwise your wallet will be used incorrectly.
Thanks
For me to secure our wallet is we should made a really strong password or you should made a really unique password so no one hackers will try to hack it and the other way to secure our wallet is to take notes your private key so you can totally open you wallet and always keep your private key.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:19:25 AM

All we know many hackers spreading are trying hack our bitcoin wallet, for not being able to hack think a strong password a unique password which you feel difficult to  hack and its better to not saving your password anywhere, if you want to be more secure then i suggest you to buy software or hardware wallets.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:04:29 AM

The best option is to have your wallet stored on your own computer, create a very strong and secure password that you have written down somewhere along with a backup of your wallet and then also keep those under lock and key.

An added layer of security like a Ledger is also a good idea.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:08:56 AM

All we know many hackers spreading are trying hack our bitcoin wallet, for not being able to hack think a strong password a unique password which you feel difficult to  hack and its better to not saving your password anywhere, if you want to be more secure then i suggest you to buy software or hardware wallets.

Hardware waallets are the best ever wallet for storing pur bitcoins safely but it will cost us a little bit.
We can use the wallets with private key is also very safe but we need to keep our private key in paper not in the digital form.And also it is important to keep our system offline to avoid hackers.
assy

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:19:59 AM

Choosing the right bitcoin wallet is completely safe and saves the password by writing on paper
bebenduk

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:22:14 AM

The most important thing you should do to secure your wallet is to backup your private key. When you create a Bitcoin wallet, you will automatically have a public key and private key. The public key is a series of letters and numbers that you can imagine as a bank account number. Example public key: 1FP1toj2osvcV2EWjEf7SwyPCRuwTr2dTL. This number can be given to anyone in writing or QR Code to receive Bitcoin.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:43:17 PM

Its true i heard a news hackers are now trying to hack bitcoin wallet. Mostly they're targeting online wallets. No matter how secure you're with your private key they can steal it with some ways. Its better to not saving your password on your browser.
Angel0

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:50:55 PM

Use wallet that had been used by many and when you created wallet, bookmarks the site since maybe the next time you log-in it is on th ephishing site, because sites today has similarities.
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:48:31 PM

Its true i heard a news hackers are now trying to hack bitcoin wallet. Mostly they're targeting online wallets. No matter how secure you're with your private key they can steal it with some ways. Its better to not saving your password on your browser.
Yes, this is the best advice to never save your passwords on your browser and additional to that there is a process which is know as pseudo random number generator, I will advice you all to just read about this process and learn how to use it and then set your password according to this number generator. In beginning you will face a little bit of difficulty but later on you will become handy on this, and by this you will be able to change your password every time you log in and no one will be able to trace your account.

btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:51:39 PM

Yes, this is the best advice to never save your passwords on your browser and additional to that there is a process which is know as pseudo random number generator, I will advice you all to just read about this process and learn how to use it and then set your password according to this number generator. In beginning you will face a little bit of difficulty but later on you will become handy on this, and by this you will be able to change your password every time you log in and no one will be able to trace your account.
Reading up on the new updates on Bitcoin can keep you from getting attacked some. Don't use your browser while your Bitcoin client is open.
multikript888

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:17:34 PM

Since bitcoins are unofficial currency, there can not be any guarantees, this is my opinion
Vinodam

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:55:40 PM

Every Asset or property is worth protecting. Bitcoin is such asset that needs to be guarded jealously. Just as a bank account is a store for local currency and has a lot of security infrastructure, so is the bitcoin wallet which is a digital store of bitcoin should be secure very well. You can secure your wallet my backing up the software, Encrypt the wallet and Continously update the software
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: