Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:37:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinpot.co scam or not  (Read 24806 times)
Razor33

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:35:49 PM

Ok ths is my 3th e-mail to them and this will make things seems strange:

Hello again CoinPot. This is my 3th letter to you.
Today i have received a payment of 50,43 DOGE so obviously you did your manual research and now finally you think i'm not a scammer / ect.

But could you please refund the last 3 canceled payments?

1) The first canceled payment was on July 5.  
0.000365 dash from my CoinPot account to XkrspFzt2iCiY3HefjqcGS8f6qBYFUCBPx.

2) The second canceled payment was on July 7.

0.00015100 BCH from my CoinPot account to bitcoincash:qqga64t83j8x7qpr8ceah2u336m6czurwsa67u95ee  

3) The thrid canceled payment was on July 9 this time 0.0019897 LTC

Then i mouse over on the transactions i can see the message ' This withdrawal is canceled as your CoinPot account is suspended"

The 4th payment however in DOGE was received. Is obvious here that your system see my Dynamic IP or my Kaspersky as a threat some times and some times not.
In my misfortune and bad luck I already written on bitcointalk forums abut these problems , and IF i can receive my balance back or the payments or at least an answer here i would write again pointing out the good things.
Please CoinPot read my mails and answer.... tell me what i did wrong and why i lost those 3 payments Sad

So obviously their automated systems " think sometimes that they saw a scammer and they are wrong " or they just don't have funds to pay all withdraws and some times they start cancel someone withdraws.
Don't know anymore what to think , lost 3 withdraws witch took me almost a month of captcha solving and got the 4th.
Why did they cancel 3 withdraws ?? Why did they send the 4th if " they think i'm cheating " ? Why they don't refund those balances if they can see now i'm not a cheater ?
Many questions but ofc still no answers from them .....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3494

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:33:05 PM

Hi guys, there is an important update made by coinpot here:
https://coinpot.co/news/update-about-increased-fraud-cheating

Full statement here:
An update about increased fraud/cheating
Posted: 2018-07-16 09:00 UTC
(Please note: the post below applies to CoinPot and to the 7 faucets that make up our network)

We have been running faucets succesfully for over 4 years now and one of the biggest time-consuming challenges is fighting back against fraud/cheating. We classify fraud/cheating as many things, including any of the following...

Bots, and any other kind of automated claiming
Our main source of funding is advertising, without this funding we cannot maintain our high payout rates to users. Automated claiming bypasses our adverts and if we allowed it would mean we have much lower funds available.

Multiple accounts
Cheaters will often try to create multiple accounts, using different email addresses, IP addresses etc. This is against our rules - we allow one account per person. Fortunately this is actually very easy for us to detect - but it still goes on and means we have to spend time and money fighting against it.

Abusing the system
In other words trying to work around our rules, or find loopholes in how it works to attempt to claim more. Obviously any time we discover any such loop hole we will close it, but again this is time consuming and often we can only spot this after it has happened.

The current situation
Unfortunately over the last few weeks and months we have seen a significant increase in all these types of fraud/cheating. Its not hard to find evidence (on forums etc) that other big faucets and faucet networks are facing the same problems. In fact one of the biggest faucets around, freebitco.in, has significantly changed their model recently because of these problems - away from advertising revenue and now depend on gambling and users holding account balances, to prove they are genuine users. Freebitco.in has been around on the faucet scene as long as we have, so for them to take these steps is proof that this problem is serious. Also another big faucet network, faucethub has also created an internal system to detect and fight against fraud.

We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that CoinPot (and our faucets) can keep running. If we allow fraud and cheaters to be successful then we would very quickly go out of business. We have faced a choice to either continue fighting cheaters, or close up shop so that no-one can use our systems any more. Hopefully you will be happy to hear that our decision is to continue, but we need your help and support with this.

This is the current process...

Users register and claim via our faucets and use CoinPot to manage their "pots"
When users request withdrawal they are told that this can take up to 48 hours (the average turnaround is actually around 10 hours and often less)
During this time we run our automated CPFA system (see below) to detect any fraudulent patterns of use.
Any accounts that are detected by CPFA, are then MANUALLY double-checked to make sure we havent made a mistake. If we confirm and agree that the use is fraudulent/cheating then the accounts are suspended - which means withdrawal is cancelled.
For everyone else (i.e. our honest users), we make the payouts as requested.
More about CPFA (CoinPot Fraud Analysis)
Our bespoke, background CPFA system has been gradually developed over the last few years and currently consists of over 140 scripts and pattern detection utilities. It is continually growing and being refined, as we discover new ways for people to try to cheat! We have a huge amount of confidence that this system is accurate at separating the good guys from the bad guys. Obviously we cant go into a lot of detail about what these 140 odd scripts actually do, as this would give a big advantage to scammers who could try to bypass this system - but in most cases it should be fairly obvious.

How can you help?
So in summary, we are simply asking you to stick by the rules and then we can ensure CoinPot continues its success, and that you can benefit from that. We would also be very happy if you could post about your positive CoinPot experiences (including successful withdrawals) in reddit/forums etc - simply to counterbalance the negative stuff posted by the fraudsters and cheaters who we have caught out!

Our promises to you
In return we will make the following promises...

If you are a genuine, honest user who sticks by the rules...

We will keep CoinPot running smoothly - making improvements and increasing claim rates as often as possible
We will pay out any withdrawals within 48 hours when requested
We will promptly respond to any support questions you might have via email (support@coinpot.co)
If you are a scammer/cheater/bot...

We will detect your abuse and suspend your account.
We will not payout any withdrawal requests to you - meaning loss of funds and that you have wasted a lot of time claiming and using the system.
We will not enter into any correspondence (email etc) with you as this is just a waste of our resources. If you are a cheater and you try to contact us, please dont be surprised that we dont reply, and please take this a sign that we have detected your abuse and we don't want you to further use our systems.
We hope that this clarifies the situation as much as possible, and gives you confidence to continue using CoinPot. If you play nice then we want you here! Smiley

Regards

CoinPot

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Razor33

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:56:10 PM

Yes i saw that update....
But why cancel 3 withdraws saying my account is canceled and send the 4th ?
Makes no sense....
k00l1

Activity: 315
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:57:31 PM

https://coinpot.co/news/update-about-increased-fraud-cheating

100% REFERRAL share
Win Free Bitcoins every hour! -www.freebitco.in [/size] (https://freebitco.in/?r=17967862)[/url]
ShayD

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:57:45 PM

Today i have received a payment of 50,43 DOGE so obviously you did your manual research and now finally you think i'm not a scammer / ect.

0.00015100 BCH from my CoinPot account to bitcoincash:qqga64t83j8x7qpr8ceah2u336m6czurwsa67u95ee  

Then i mouse over on the transactions i can see the message ' This withdrawal is canceled as your CoinPot account is suspended"

The 4th payment however in DOGE was received. Is obvious here that your system see my Dynamic IP or my Kaspersky as a threat some times and some times not.
In my misfortune and bad luck I already written on bitcointalk forums abut these problems , and IF i can receive my balance back or the payments or at least an answer here i would write again pointing out the good things.
Please CoinPot read my mails and answer.... tell me what i did wrong and why i lost those 3 payments Sad

So obviously their automated systems " think sometimes that they saw a scammer and they are wrong " or they just don't have funds to pay all withdraws and some times they start cancel someone withdraws.
Don't know anymore what to think , lost 3 withdraws witch took me almost a month of captcha solving and got the 4th.
Why did they cancel 3 withdraws ?? Why did they send the 4th if " they think i'm cheating " ? Why they don't refund those balances if they can see now i'm not a cheater ?

Was it today you got your DOGE withdrawal?  Just asking to get the timeline.
Razor33

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:02:22 PM

Was it today you got your DOGE withdrawal?  Just asking to get the timeline.

Yesterday July 16 AFTER the 3 payments i mention were canceled saying my account was suspended.
But no answers or refunds about those 3 canceled DASH , BCH and LTC lost withdraws Sad
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3494

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:12:09 PM

Yes i saw that update....
But why cancel 3 withdraws saying my account is canceled and send the 4th ?
Makes no sense....

Maybe it was a mistake issue this payment. Or they are running new script to detect fraud and scam activities.
We don't know what they consider as suspect activity. Of course they will not stop random users...
I haven't any issue to claim (despite some referral and frequents withdrawals) Sad

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ShayD

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:24:12 PM

Was it today you got your DOGE withdrawal?  Just asking to get the timeline.

Yesterday July 16 AFTER the 3 payments i mention were canceled saying my account was suspended.
But no answers or refunds about those 3 canceled DASH , BCH and LTC lost withdraws Sad

Well, that's just weird and doesn't fit what they said again. Here's their exact wording:

" If we confirm and agree that the use is fraudulent/cheating then the accounts are suspended - which means withdrawal is cancelled."   

So, suspended but paying anyway?  Beginning to see why they don't answer questions ever. I wouldn't want to have to answer that on the SAME DAY they just said the exact opposite of that.
Razor33

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:53:26 PM

I don't know what to think anymore.

Option 1) Maybe they just cancel randomly when they run out of funds and keep us into total silence not answering.
Option 2) Maybe their run a shit script witch cancel more than what it should and they don't care at all loosing their time answering people.

In both cases they should do something about it....
ShayD

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:02:02 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 06:15:10 PM by ShayD

Alrighty, here's the screenshots as promised, proving my wallet ---> blockchain -----> Coinpot's Wallet and never credited to my account.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a9kPV2PTWX-s6obf4kpfe8KgH_K8TFG-/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FmpE1w_-Sa03DSf1BDlH-Fe0NuHj7yo2/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UC625qcyecnlHE5QC6CmSpf7xLWTxhA2/view?usp=sharing

Address MDRQBoxpk6XqEdDhjH7v5trwr9ijYLcM7V
Balance 5 minutes after send   0.20501074 / $17.648
Number of transactions   1
Friday, June 29, 2018 12:57:59 PM   1,447,938    713b4181356fc26435042a8cfe0aa92ed6dc4c376e5980dd5851fc546532513c

Off to Reddit and a few other forums. .  
Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 07:47:22 PM

its worth taking a look at their latest news https://coinpot.co/news/update-about-increased-fraud-cheating
this seems to answer a lot of stuff posted in this thread Smiley

Anyone who emails and gets the usual silence and lack of any explanation is a cheater? How convenient.
I HAVE NEVER CHEATED COINPOT OR ANY OTHER WALLET, FAUCET, OR ONLINE MERCHANT ANYWHERE. EVER.

ALL I WANTED WAS MY DEPOSIT CREDITED AND NOT STOLEN.
WHY WERE ALL THE MISSING DEPOSITS REPORTED NOT ADDRESSED?

THERE'S JUST NO WAY EVER THAT THE PROMISE TO RETURN EMAILS FROM US IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Otherwise, Coinpot would have to explain the stolen deposits.  

DEPOSITS ARE NOT YOUR MONEY COINPOT.

KEEP THE FAUCET MONEY AND KEEP THE REVENUE YOU ALSO MADE FROM THE ADVERTISING AND KICK EVERYBODY OUT.

BUT DEPOSITS ARE NOT YOURS TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

THAT IS STEALING.

THAT IS THEFT.

THAT MONEY IS NOT YOURS.

IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU.

How many more people like me do you think it will take for Coinpot to know right from wrong anyway?

I guess we'll see. I'm just getting warmed up.

The capitals say it all.

Just calm down, read the CoinPot post and think things through. If you are still convinced you've done absolutely nothing wrong then send a measured, polite email stating your case.

You never know, this approach may work...

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
Razor33

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:10:24 PM

Polite e-mail ?
I already send them 3.....
They never answers e-mails , polite or not....
CryptoNinja11

Activity: 410
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 11:28:12 PM

Just my 2 cents:

I withdraw from Coinpot every day. Usually my withdrawal is complete in less than 24 hours.

ShayD

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:55:53 PM

its worth taking a look at their latest news https://coinpot.co/news/update-about-increased-fraud-cheating
this seems to answer a lot of stuff posted in this thread Smiley

Anyone who emails and gets the usual silence and lack of any explanation is a cheater? How convenient.
I HAVE NEVER CHEATED COINPOT OR ANY OTHER WALLET, FAUCET, OR ONLINE MERCHANT ANYWHERE. EVER.

ALL I WANTED WAS MY DEPOSIT CREDITED AND NOT STOLEN.
WHY WERE ALL THE MISSING DEPOSITS REPORTED NOT ADDRESSED?

THERE'S JUST NO WAY EVER THAT THE PROMISE TO RETURN EMAILS FROM US IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Otherwise, Coinpot would have to explain the stolen deposits.  

DEPOSITS ARE NOT YOUR MONEY COINPOT.

KEEP THE FAUCET MONEY AND KEEP THE REVENUE YOU ALSO MADE FROM THE ADVERTISING AND KICK EVERYBODY OUT.

BUT DEPOSITS ARE NOT YOURS TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

THAT IS STEALING.

THAT IS THEFT.

THAT MONEY IS NOT YOURS.

IT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU.

How many more people like me do you think it will take for Coinpot to know right from wrong anyway?

I guess we'll see. I'm just getting warmed up.

The capitals say it all.

Just calm down, read the CoinPot post and think things through. If you are still convinced you've done absolutely nothing wrong then send a measured, polite email stating your case.

You never know, this approach may work...
I appreciate your advice. That is exactly what I did the first 5 or 6 times I emailed. I gave them an out, or an excuse, about why it wasn't credited... such as: "maybe some system problem going on is gonna take an extra couple days to fix my deposit, I understand"  (summation, not an exact quote)  Each time, no response, no money. I understand our reporting is prefaced by rage, anger, (caps - visually annoying and prejudiced on the net) are what is seen and judged here, silencing the message.

However, I did not start there, and many others didn't either. It took being wronged without any explanation, NOT EVEN an automated message. Some, being called "scammers" just because they voiced their complaint publicly after no response at all, had enough. I think that the emotional response is maybe not the proper etiquette, but it certainly is absolutely normal, expected human behaviour, as long as you're not a psychopath.  

I'll be posting all of those unanswered emails showing such, as well soon. I'll also be posting read receipts, showing they were opened and read with no response.
ShayD

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:01:02 AM

Just my 2 cents:

I withdraw from Coinpot every day. Usually my withdrawal is complete in less than 24 hours.

That's right. That's EXACTLY how ours were until they weren't anymore.

canis777

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:53:12 AM

I have also made another withdrawal with the min amount possible. This time it worked, it was paid out in about six hours. But the withdrawals from last week are still with status "cancelled" and it looks like all that money is gone - which by the way was a lot! So I suggest to withdraw just the min amount possible at once to be more or less "safe".
ShayD

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:18:43 PM

I have also made another withdrawal with the min amount possible. This time it worked, it was paid out in about six hours. But the withdrawals from last week are still with status "cancelled" and it looks like all that money is gone - which by the way was a lot! So I suggest to withdraw just the min amount possible at once to be more or less "safe".

That's twice in only a couple days now users have reported a withdrawal working, but only after 3 previous withdrawals were "seized" and never saw again. It may be after the fact but if you have screenshots, other's here may not get screwed like we have if you have them and can post them.

Makes me wonder if some week they just stop paying EVERYONE and just disappear.

Another huge company did that recently and billions of dollars were stolen from families who didn't do anything wrong, their houses were lost and lives were ruined. Many were surprised to wake up bankrupt and broke the day Bitconnect took the money and ran.

Anybody here think Bitconnect was the very last dishonest company and we'll never have to worry about that again?

What kind of warning signs would you look for to see that happening again?  Think about it.
Razor33

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:45:39 PM

My 2 cents opinion after few weeks of 3 canceled payments and 1 received is that the last announcement was to cover their asses for the shit witch is going on:

1) Canceling some times some payments for some users to reduce costs and keeping happy the majority witch will come here defend them.
2) Cover and trying to clean their image regarding thousands of mails they never answer.

This way they will still have people vouching for them and some fools trying again with their faucets seeing not all payments are getting canceled.

Myself ? Well i think i will stop use their sites ... is to retarded to get most of my withdraws canceled like this and keep using them...
Even if they start cancel only half of them is still not worth time wise... Faucets are not time worth even if 100 % honest , imagine when they start cancel some withdraws as well...

Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:52:09 PM

That's twice in only a couple days now users have reported a withdrawal working, but only after 3 previous withdrawals were "seized" and never saw again. It may be after the fact but if you have screenshots, other's here may not get screwed like we have if you have them and can post them.

Makes me wonder if some week they just stop paying EVERYONE and just disappear.

Another huge company did that recently and billions of dollars were stolen from families who didn't do anything wrong, their houses were lost and lives were ruined. Many were surprised to wake up bankrupt and broke the day Bitconnect took the money and ran.

Anybody here think Bitconnect was the very last dishonest company and we'll never have to worry about that again?

What kind of warning signs would you look for to see that happening again?  Think about it.

Really? I think associating a perfectly legitimate enterprise with this is pretty unfair. Think of all the thousands of people using CoinPot perfectly happily every day and not shouting about it here. You need to get over it.

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
Razor33

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:39:26 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 08:22:30 PM by Razor33

Adam mate , with all respect , he think he got scammed...and i think the same...and others too.
You are happy with them because u din't had any problems...
You can get over it because is not your problem.
He can't because he lost 0,2 LTC to CoinPot and i lost 3 withdraws , and others 1-2 withdraws each.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: