Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:35:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I HAVE 50.000 dollars to invest, help please!  (Read 4132 times)
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 12:39:52 PM

Just do your own research or people will just shill you all kinds of coins.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:00:00 PM

I suggest do your own research and don't fall into hypes and advice. Because people here have their own biases about their crypto portfolio..you know to pump it more.. Start with the top 20-50.. the stable ones of the majority of your portfolio and the others for the mining and staking side as well as trading if you study more of it ofcourse.

As they always say... "To lower the risk, do due diligence"
Republicofizmir

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:11:51 PM

If i'm in your place
I definitely take the BTC, with half of my money

And i take little altcoin with money back.
Latrix

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:24:02 PM

Get some altcoins like Waves, Neo or OMG. Big tides are behind these few altcoins!
spov

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:53:16 PM

Buy Deep Onion. It is a good crypt with a solid development team. The community is great. deeponion.org/community
Also there is an airdrop running that can get you some more Deep Onions.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
GeniusX

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:54:25 PM

buy all of them Reddcoin . You will .uck my d1ck later!
GUI_Center

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:01:28 PM

Diversify for sure, but check out REQ, Waves, and IOTA as potentials for big gains.

Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:16:27 PM

I would not invest long-term in BTC right now unfortunately because there is an obscure risk of BTC obtained after August being stolen in a long-range chain reorganization funded by SegWit “pay to anyone” booty:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2259054.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2268216.0

Also as others have suggested, mining is a very difficult game to win, because it’s locked up by the big boys who get first access to the newest most efficient ASICs, the free electricity in China, etc..

Also others are correct that we are closer to some sort of topping and crash in the crypto markets than we were earlier this year. No one knows exactly when or if the next crypto winter is coming, but our sector is overheated and already in a bubble. Yet it could go higher still (and probably will especially at least for altcoins which are currently lagging behind BTC and should probably catch up).

Also do not listen to anyone trying to tell you which of their shitcoins to invest in. Everybody wants you to invest in the same bags as them.

My suggestion is play it safe and only invest in proof-of-work altcoins and avoid all ICO issued altcoins like the plague. Both because another shoe could drop at any time w.r.t. to securities law enforcements and because there are 1200 ICOs and they are all way over hyped shitcoins (at least 90% of them will go to zero):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2361685.msg24087072#msg24087072

So basically buy XMR, LTC, etc...

However, I caution you that when you have a double or triple in these, then take profits and wait for safe time to re-enter Bitcoin after the SegWit crap has been removed from Bitcoin or there is some clarity on the ”pay to anyone” booty problem of SegWit.

Btw, I am a Legendary been around since 2013 when BTC was $10. But do not listen to me (this is a new account of mine). Make your own decisions.

As others stated here, we’re concerned you’re coming in a bit late and we do not want you to lose money. So do not be greedy. You are probably not late on altcoins, but remember to take profits as we are getting nearer to some bubble top and crash sector wide. Far too many ICOs and hype that can not be sustained by more fools like yourself coming in to buy too late. Not enough of you fools to buy 1200 ICOs.

Remember the reason you are here, is because we are in a bubble and you want to jump into the bubble. The greater fools always buy the top and sell the bottom.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:36:21 PM

Be careful,i believe in eth for long term,look carefully btc price,just now we have some small flash crash,btc went down from 7550 to 7400 in one minuit remeber btc network will be unsafe after fork,if you want good ico chack my signature if you will like to invest subscribe for bonus,
Untill fork market will be crazy,do not fail in btc btc need to correct

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rockefellow

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:51:08 PM

If I had something like $50.000 I would definitely buy bitcoin with at least %40-50. It keeps rallying, its going great. Stronger than ever. Other best options are monero and litecoin for sure.

IF it keeps rallying....
If not, it can easily pull back until 2000 and stay there for a while. In its history, Bitcoin has always pulled back after any major rise...
So perhaps altcoins could be a better choice
clip123

Activity: 193

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:58:12 PM

Buy Metaverse, Neo, Gas and EOS.

Good luck
dinoloverpete

Merit: 105

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:01:31 PM

hi everyone?
first of all let me just say that I am a huge fan of this forum.

So where I am right now is that I have around 50 k to invest in crypto currencies.
My first thought was buying as many antminer l3+ as I could and then keep them in a hosting facility that I found.
then I thought that I should spil 50/50 between mining for litecoins and getting hardware to mine for ethereum.

I know that I am late to the game but I am still hoping that it is profitable.

I would just like to know what would you do ?

thanks for any tips!

If you have the funds and the access to mining then you should definitely split your investment across mining and investing, you will limit risk this way and hopefully for you increase profitabilty. I would aim to have a diverse portfolio made up predominantly of coins such as bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, then you should pick some alts that you believe in and you've got yourself a nice portfolio.

Anton_notnA

Activity: 82

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:06:34 PM

Well a lot of people have been writing me personal messages to ask about my personal opinion on many altcoins since my comment on page 8. I want to remind you guys that am not an expert, I'm just giving educated guesses and I always go with my guts.

Here is ine of my response to a PM.
---------------------------------------------

Q: hey what do you think about Waves and Somn?

A: Hey there,

I'm not a financial expert but i understand the reason why you're reaching out is because you want to hear second opinions and i am glad to do that for you.

Here's my opinion, I worry that waves attempt to copycat Ethereum is not working out. They are doing everything right but cryptotraders have short term memory and are quite lazy, sometimes when traders get used to doing something a certain way, they get stuck.

I worry that waves has seen it's best times. There's no one hosting an ICO on waves, despite all the awesomeness behind their platform, they're still riding on past glory and so many other companies are coming up within their field. So the competition is going to be quite strong for them. And the thing with cryptocurrencies is that traders generally lack patience, and so much other cool things are happening at the same time so it all boils down to whether or not the value of your coin is going up, otherwise cryptotraders move on real quick.

Somn is yet to prove itself with it's new platform so, if you're already holding some of their tokens, just keep holding them for now.

Finally Next year august is a very long time in crypto world, it really hard to predict that far.

If I were to choose, I'll choose a token that's in a field where there is a possibility of mass adoption, so if even if cryptos don't keep going up, demand from the necessity of  the needs of the generally public to use the product in question will push the price.

Goodluck!
RADTEAM

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:08:51 PM

Classic "Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful" usually works well.
Especially when combined with a good risk management approach. The latter is more important.
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:28:17 PM

If I had something like $50.000 I would definitely buy bitcoin with at least %40-50. It keeps rallying, its going great. Stronger than ever. Other best options are monero and litecoin for sure.

IF it keeps rallying....
If not, it can easily pull back until 2000 and stay there for a while. In its history, Bitcoin has always pulled back after any major rise...
So perhaps altcoins could be a better choice

if that is all the money to invest then you can use some percentage of it to invest btc. investing all money with one instrument is not a good investing strategy as you need to manage your risks.
surikat85

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:32:12 PM

neblio, omg or iota
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:51:34 PM

I am sure you will be getting many advises and options now on where to invest your money,but the best approach is to look at the market and get a detailed study about what you are going to do with your money ,there are many scam coins and good ones,make sure you do your study before investing in anything.
Choosewise

Activity: 192

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:55:12 PM

Diversify among top10 marketcap coins. Can't lose tbh.

crypto-curious

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:10:26 PM

I agree with most replies here. Bitcoin is a must. Ethereum will also do well in the long term.

If you want short term gains, you will have to gamble a bit.

P.S. Don't put all your eggs in one basket!
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 11:21:19 PM

I agree with most replies here. Bitcoin is a must. Ethereum will also do well in the long term.

If you want short term gains, you will have to gamble a bit.

P.S. Don't put all your eggs in one basket!
hi everyone?
first of all let me just say that I am a huge fan of this forum.

So where I am right now is that I have around 50 k to invest in crypto currencies.
My first thought was buying as many antminer l3+ as I could and then keep them in a hosting facility that I found.
then I thought that I should spil 50/50 between mining for litecoins and getting hardware to mine for ethereum.

I know that I am late to the game but I am still hoping that it is profitable.

I would just like to know what would you do ?

thanks for any tips!

No do not gamble, it will just waste all of your money, yes it is much profitable if you win but qhat if you dont win any of it? You will lose all of your money in one sitting. Invest it though through bitcoins and other coins like ethereum. Investing in thwm is much safer and profitable, but if you are gonna invest in some ICOs, you should watch out for those scams so in order for you to not get scammed just buy coins then hold it,  It is also a mode of investment. Bitcoins is pretty much expensive than ethereum but ethereum is a long time investment so it is up to you how to divide that money, that two is I can guaranteed you the most successful cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: