Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think IOTA can take over bitcoin?  (Read 628 times)
kayra (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:28:57 AM

From my perspective, IOTA has the potential to take over blockchain technology with tangle technology.
It is very appropriate and implementable for machine based economy. I think we will see debates on blockchain vs tangle technology in next coming years.
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:37:04 AM

there will be noone can overtake the Bitcoin place in people mind,
because people only understand about Bitcoin and most of them labelled it as a cryptocurrency itself.
which mean even though IOTA has a lot of tech and development compared to Bitcoin,
people will only understand about Bitcoin nothing more than it.
anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:42:46 AM

IOTA resolves the main blockchain problem: scalability!

iota foundation are now hiring devs, researchers, financial and markrting experts and they have more than 50 millions $ of funds!

they made also major partnerships with compagnies and universities!

they have all requirements to be #1 on CMC in the next 2 years!
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:52:58 AM

If Dash,  LTC,   ETH Ethereum can't. What is IOTA to do it? Many coins with outstanding blockchain enhancement and features are better than BTC.  But because Bitcoin holds the throne no altcoin can snatch it. 

From my perspective, IOTA has the potential to take over blockchain technology with tangle technology.
It is very appropriate and implementable for machine based economy. I think we will see debates on blockchain vs tangle technology in next coming years.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:56:43 AM

It has the potential but no, it won't be taking over blockchain technology and bitcoin itself.

A lot of people are comparing these alt coins to bitcoin, there might be some flaws on bitcoin but people aren't willing to withdraw their investments to bitcoin. And that's what really matters now, the total market cap of bitcoin is quite high and even how good another alt coin will come out or IOTA is. I doubt it that it can take over bitcoin or blockchain.
metropolia

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:01:52 AM

there will be noone can overtake the Bitcoin place in people mind,
because people only understand about Bitcoin and most of them labelled it as a cryptocurrency itself.
which mean even though IOTA has a lot of tech and development compared to Bitcoin,
people will only understand about Bitcoin nothing more than it.

Exactly, although Ethereum is much better than bitcoin, people still think Bitcoin is the sample of crypto currency, so altcoins have no chance to beat bitcoin.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 11:21:29 AM

Bitcoin has the network effect and the mother of all cryptocurrency, so in resume Bitcoin is Bitcoin. IOTA will field a niche on the crypto space with his tangle technology.

ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:23:11 PM

IOTA, a cryptocurrency 100% focused on the Internet of Things (IoT). The main innovation behind IOTA is the Tangle, a new book distributed without scales, revolutionary, scalable, lightweight and that for the first time allows to transfer value without any charge. Contrary to Blockchains, consensus is no longer decoupled, but is an intrinsic part of the system, which leads to a decentralized and self-regulating peer-to-peer network.
There are over 2,700 million Tokens in circulation, so any increase in their quotation will drastically increase their market capitalization.
For now IOTA can only be purchased in Bitfinex, which liquidity is limited to a single Exchange, but if in the future other exchanges such as Bittrex or Poloniex are opened, their quotation can be triggered.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:27:33 PM

I hope there is no coin in cryptoworld can overtake bitcoin even ether can’t do that . In my country 99% people are in crypto world concern about bitcoin . They want to take all their profit to bitcoin. If n number of solutions comes Also bitcoin will be the undisputed king in cryptoworld.
sayemcse

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:11:03 PM

as you can see after btc then there are lot of coin in market. i thnik no one can take over Bictcoin

just my thinking.
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:42:24 PM

Are you serious? I do not have the “sixth feeling”, but I am sure no one altcoin, even the most stable one and showing good dynamic of its growth can beat Bitcoin. This cryptocurrency is still the King of the market. However, I would invest into IOTA.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:53:20 PM

Like Ethereum, IOTA has applications beyond exchange of value, thus the growth potential is enormous.  Compare the price of gold to the value of an ever growing internet.  Beyond the internet of things IOTA has the potential to work in traditional internet environments like with Oyster.  Oyster which will use it to store user data for website owners while at the same time both supporting the tangle and monetizing website visits as visitors provide resources to do proof of work and data retention operations rather than look at ads.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:59:50 PM

IOTA has cool technology but I think the coin that may take over bitcoin will need more than what IOTA has. XRB is also at the same level for me as is IOTA, both have great tech! But i think xrb will be more valuable in the future than IOTA.

bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:00:38 PM

I first time hear about IOTA and i am sure it is impossible in order to be betther than bitcoin. This huge coin can not be defeated by e.g IOTA
md.falkone

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:08:19 PM

I hearing about her much, and this coin very much is pleasant to me, but some people say that the project very crude and to it time is necessary if there is spare cash it is possible and to buy, and suddenly she will make good result.
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:10:39 PM

I read about IOTA when it has appeared 6-12 months ago. They were saying great things about IOTA, that it will be the future, that it will grow like no other altcoin, that its price will compete with the price of bitcoin in less than one year. And guess what, nothing of these have happened.
 I read the same about other altcoins, including NEO. And guess what? Nothing happened. Thus until a contradiction, I do not trust the alt-coin market. Maybe in 2-4 years this will be different, but for now the bitcoin is to be trusted.

CryptoGeneral

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 07:16:32 PM

No. Because? Well, IOTA isn't the first coin that encourage people to believe it might overcome bitcoin. BTC is the standard when it comes to crypto and I don't think that this is going to change for a while.
CONTRACT

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:17:05 PM

bitcoin is the daddy of all coins, he is young and strong, and the other altcoys children frolicking around him

╞═◇═╡...CROWD MACHINE Powering the Next Generation of Blockchain App Builders...╞═◇═╡
WhitepaperLinkedinTwitterMediumTelegramYoutubeFacebookANN ThreadReddit
←←←←←←←←←←...WHITELIST Registration is OPEN...→→→→→→→→→→
etter

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:27:16 PM

No way anything is going to take over Bitcoin. A hundred more forks and it's going to be usable on every level :-) But seriously, something may come close, but never surpass. Bitcoin is a brand already, and that's a strong base for building awareness and building on that in general. Lots more coins have better tech, but they don't have a brand.
rafajunior99

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 07:49:38 PM

It would not be possible to take over Bitcoin, even if it is an IOTA, because Bitcoin can not be replaced with another Altcoin, and most importantly it must be remembered that Bitcoin was first born in the crypto world, so it can never replace Bitcoin. or take over Bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: