Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinOrama Report on the KnCminer/OrSoC Open-day Mon 10/06/13 (Stockholm)  (Read 55671 times)
J35st3r

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 05:43:23 PM

They will advise you on PSU choice closer to the time.
It won't be more than 1000w for the largest model.
They don't supply PSU because of the issues some are having with customs.

Well 48 Volt makes more sense than 12 Volt (getting on for 100Amps at 1000W), and they are fairly easily obtainable (a quick google search  suggests around $200 or less). I wouldn't want to have the multiple connectors of a standard ATX PSU to deal with (too much risk of overloading if they come loose). Just have to wait and see.

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 07:26:29 PM

It's standard psu

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 06:32:55 PM

Cheers buddy! Cool ^^

NOTE: I'm just repeating the tail end of that big post above, as scrolling past fast may mean you miss the Mars video link:

Mars Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNPIY9L8s4&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

(Note: This has been freakin' exhausting!!)

what was that?!?!?!? heh, i noticed that on the right hand side of the screen just above the temperature monitor it said "Organofcorti". what was that about?
Looks like he has BitMinter's Twitter feed open in the background: https://twitter.com/BitMinter/status/343847675407527937
Bitcoinorama (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:03:59 AM

Cheers buddy! Cool ^^

NOTE: I'm just repeating the tail end of that big post above, as scrolling past fast may mean you miss the Mars video link:

Mars Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNPIY9L8s4&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

(Note: This has been freakin' exhausting!!)

what was that?!?!?!? heh, i noticed that on the right hand side of the screen just above the temperature monitor it said "Organofcorti". what was that about?
Looks like he has BitMinter's Twitter feed open in the background: https://twitter.com/BitMinter/status/343847675407527937

Yeah that had been bugging me! I figured it out eventually, thanks all the same though...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 01:42:40 PM

Just a little bit of info regarding KnC
They contact ckolivas and myself at the end of May regarding cgminer and related information.

They then stated they'd be sending (in July) mock up devices (with an internal RPi) for us to work with on cgminer, then in September the real (faster) devices to tune cgminer to.

I have, however, heard nothing since, but no doubt expect to hear something soon.

I'll keep everyone posted if anything happens Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:03:49 PM

when will the KNC order the chips on earth? Huh
Well, If you bothered to read the reports, the chips were ordered back on jun 12th.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:40:51 PM

They contact ckolivas and myself at the end of May regarding cgminer and related information.

They then stated they'd be sending (in July) mock up devices (with an internal RPi) for us to work with on cgminer, then in September the real (faster) devices to tune cgminer to.

I have, however, heard nothing since, but no doubt expect to hear something soon.

Great Smiley Keep us updated when you can. Post in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0 when you get more info.

Sent 1BTC for motivation Smiley

Bitrated user: blastbob.
szmarco

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 02:58:33 PM

Well, If you bothered to read the reports, the chips were ordered back on jun 12th.

I have browsed the whole post from top to bottom and checked every sentence including the keyword "order".But I did not find the "Jun 12"
Could you plz give me the URL?
Bagpipe

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:49:12 PM

I've only given it a quick glance to it but I'm not able to understand how Bagpipe was capable of getting both manufacturer name and exact chip model from the video... it could be me

It is called "a standard", look it up in a dictionary Cheesy
Basically, if a part if to be packaged in PDIP-8 it will have roughly the same look anywhere on the planet. Look up for PDIP-8 and SOIC-16 as fine examples. (Don't pelt me with stones, I know the DIP-14 was the first and only!)
Bagpipe

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

To clarify: the word "chip" is usually the small ractangular piece of silicon, but for some reason the swedish engineers were calling the whole packaged integrated circuit a "chip", that added to the confusion as they planned for 90x90mm modules. In the end there may be one or multi-chip modules, we'll know later.

P.S. the special BGA package they are going to use is, I believe, the same as the one they were doing in the 65nm to 40nm shrink of the 187-clock domain chip. (I believe I saw the photo of the original)
Bagpipe

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:50:10 PM

The comments are despicable too. Glad most miners are like those idiots and won't even be able to get them working or find real companies like we did.
1) Are you responding to the comments from disappointed BFL customers?
2) which '"most miners" do you mean?
3) what "get them working" are you referring to?
4) what 'finding of real companies' are you referring to, again? I lost your train of thought here.
5) In the end of your sentence, you use plural, am I right to assume that you and your employees have found "real companies" that helped you somehow? What was it with?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 12:12:38 AM

Great Smiley Keep us updated when you can. Post in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0 when you get more info.

Sent 1BTC for motivation Smiley
Thanks indeed - BTC received - much appreciated!

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2013, 11:11:14 PM

Fantastic, great news, please do Kano!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:51:46 PM

Before detailing the time spent at the ORSoC offices with all those involved in KnC. I'd like to tell a little true account of my travel to and from which fittingly describes two competing companies; one that get's the product offering, and associated customer service very, very right, and another that fails miserably. If in the course of this I can at least save one person the misfortune of travelling with Ryanair, then it's worthy of my effort.

Admittedly I booked late, both flights literally a day before travel. Ryanair I will always avoid wherever possible whatever the expense; the supposedly 'budget' airline is never overt with their true cost, it literally takes three-four times as long to complete payment and turn down every up-sell imposed upon you than another competitor (kind of like buying a domain from GoDaddy). You are required to check in beforehand which means internet and a printer (or a £40 fine). Whilst checking in be prepared to be lambasted with all the previous up-sells you declined. If you manage to escape that unscathed, you then have the minefield of making sure you physically print your ticket, or your denied boarding, a bag a centimetre over their requirements, your denied boarding, buy anything in duty free? Did the shop kindly place your items in a bag? Does it not fit in your hand luggage? Denied boarding. What kind of experience entails customers shi**ing themselves as to whether they will get what they paid for from you?!

I'm sure you see the applicable relevance here and the underlying metaphor, but upon boarding the plane, Ryanair has the equivalent of a club bouncer rejecting people upon arrival...and they did. I was at the tail end of boarding, and within 20 people ahead of me they denied 5, well 4, they made one couple actually separate and the boyfriend have to purchase a second later flight. Disgusting behaviour enforced by their CEO Micael O'Leary the same ****wit that has been caught overcharging additional unannounced fees, wanting to charge for toilet usage when you are in the air, and a more recent idea to remove seating from planes and have paying customers stand the duration of the flight, cattle class.

Alas, this despicable company was my only choice left, 'budget' only truly applies to the unwillingness of the airline itself to spend, the cost to me was actually 6 times more than the return flight!!!

I paid £250 for a flight in which all reclining functionality of the seats had been purposefully removed, and not once could you close your eyes as every 10 minutes was announced a new means to remove further monies from you be it; drinks, food, products you don't want, need, or care for, requiring constant reassurance to the stewards/esses that won't take no for an answer or acknowledge you. As a final insult to injury the plane lands with a fanfare to reassure you they've raped you as much as possible on landing.

The return in contrast was with Norwegian airlines, booked the day before flight for £39! No up-sell. Check-in prior, no worries if you have no internet, you can do so at the train station whenever you like, with a text to your mobile, before even heading to the airport (not an option for the aforementioned airline), want to choose your seat? Sure go for it at point of check in (additional cost with Ryanair), bag a little over, or purchased anything extra, no problem bring it on board. Full leather reclining recaro seats, wifi on board!!?! Zero charge to you. Drinks, food available at your request, no forced selling. Very polite and extremely presentable staff (In fact they were very good looking, but that in itself is generally luck, but they made every effort to remain relaxed, polite and presentable in addition). In essence, everything one would expect, the perfect customer experience at a very fair fare.

http://vimeo.com/60938085 there Smiley

Bitcoinorama (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 06:14:54 PM

Don't, I actually have a wedding to attend this weekend, and the closest airport is serviced solely from London by Ryanair. Cry

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:40:32 PM

Don't, I actually have a wedding to attend this weekend, and the closest airport is serviced solely from London by Ryanair. Cry

All i can say is LOL and good luck Cheesy

papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 05:15:06 PM

Their prices is way cheap than of other manufacturers...

400GHZ for $7,000

versus

500GHZ at $22,000 (BFL) which takes 48 years to get shipped...

it seems to be too good to be true...

but hey... if they are legit... I hope they can hire more people to keep miners coming...

it is always good to have consumer attention competition....

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:55:10 PM

What happened to the 1500Gh for $30k??  Aren't people still waiting for them?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 05:59:51 PM

What happened to the 1500Gh for $30k??  Aren't people still waiting for them?

It's still 1,500 GH/s for the $22K - it's 3x 500 GH/s units though instead of 1 so initially it seems that people are only receiving 1 unit at a time. I haven't seen anyone that's gotten their full mini-rig order.

rustyh17

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2013, 10:09:20 PM

What happened to the 1500Gh for $30k??  Aren't people still waiting for them?

It's still 1,500 GH/s for the $22K - it's 3x 500 GH/s units though instead of 1 so initially it seems that people are only receiving 1 unit at a time. I haven't seen anyone that's gotten their full mini-rig order.

Actually, it is now 500 GH/s for $22K. The original 1500GH/s for $30K buyers are getting
3 x 500's at the original price because BFL is honoring their hash rate commitment. There
are people who have received more than one 500GH/s rig already. It is based on their
order payment date position.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: