Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin Moderated  (Read 5359 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:52:27 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 05:20:13 AM by Unthinkingbit

The latest devcoin thread is Aegis - DevCoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.0

That thread is moderated by the Aegis account for round the clock protection. If any devcoin admin wants to use the Aegis account, please message acs26.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:55:49 AM

I thought we already had a main devcoin thread.
Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:58:25 AM

We had an old thread at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34586.0

but a troll came on, and the moderators would not remove the posts. So I made this thread, the old thread is locked.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 06:03:33 AM

Brilliant idea.  Thanks, it was getting really bad over there. 

Oh yeah:  I'm first.  I think....

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:05:05 AM

Well, at least getting some fresh air instead of extreme hatred from some members who distort the discussions going on.
Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:06:59 AM

If someone else wants to volunteer to admin a main devcoin thread, please say so. I didn't think to ask when I made this new thread, so it's too late for this one, but at least we'll know for next time.

acs26

June 13, 2013, 06:13:09 AM

If someone else wants to volunteer to admin a main devcoin thread, please say so. I didn't think to ask when I made this new thread, so it's too late for this one, but at least we'll know for next time.

I would do it if you had nobody else to do it, because fending off trolls can be hard sometimes, even if you want to entertain them.

But I would suggest somebody active in the DevCoin community.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:13:18 AM

Good thinking.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:22:14 AM

I would do it if you had nobody else to do it, because fending off trolls can be hard sometimes, even if you want to entertain them.

You've done good work and you've posted on devcoin threads, so you can moderate if you wish. If you want to help moderate, please make a moderator account, then once you've passed through the newbie section, give the password to any devcoin admin who wants to moderate. That way we could make threads with round the clock protection. Even threads other the main devcoin thread, because trolls could try to attack other threads.

acs26

June 13, 2013, 06:23:16 AM

You've done good work and you've posted on devcoin threads, so you can moderate if you wish. If you want to help moderate, please make a moderator account, then once you've passed through the newbie section, give the password to any devcoin admin who wants to moderate. That way we could make threads with round the clock protection. Even threads other the main devcoin thread, because trolls could try to attack other threads.

Will be doing so, would you suggest a username?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:53:06 AM

I asked them to, same non-answer. I guess it was the only possibility.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:57:45 AM

I asked them to, same non-answer. I guess it was the only possibility.

That makes at least three people who asked, and we were all ignored. I didn't think to make the devcoin moderator account, so we'll have to move the thread one more time, but that should be the last time.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:00:50 AM

We had an old thread at:

but a troll came on, and the moderators would not remove the posts. So I made this thread, the old thread is locked.

Thanks for the heads-up that threads can be created with self-moderation. I wasn't aware of that. And just so you know, that troll that came around... follow his past posts. All he does is spend all day going from one thread to another filling it with useless garbage, putting down everyone and harassing people with the hopes that they will pay him to go away.

Been reporting that guy for a while now (each time on a different post because he does this so often) and I have a "report accuracy" of 0%. I know for a fact others have been actively reporting him as well. It bothers me that the mods are basically condoning his behavior here, allowing him to run amuck and try to destroy everyone's day and derail any actual conversation for his laughs.

BTW, did Fuzzy pm you? I had sent him some information a couple days ago before block 93.3k about someone on Devtome that posted a crapton of stolen writing (including an entire massive book that he copied and pasted because it was free-domain and had no copyright on it). As a result, he has 80 shares that should not be there. Fuzzy had looked at it and agreed that it was definitely suspect.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Unthinkingbit (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:07:42 AM

BTW, did Fuzzy pm you? I had sent him some information a couple days ago before block 93.3k about someone on Devtome that posted a crapton of stolen writing (including an entire massive book that he copied and pasted because it was free-domain and had no copyright on it). As a result, he has 80 shares that should not be there. Fuzzy had looked at it and agreed that it was definitely suspect.

I don't remember Fuzzy messaging me about that, but there were so many messages I could of lost it. Please message me with the person and article. We have plenty of time to delete the author from the payments list if necessary.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:23:35 AM

I don't remember Fuzzy messaging me about that, but there were so many messages I could of lost it. Please message me with the person and article. We have plenty of time to delete the author from the payments list if necessary.

PM sent! Thanks, Smiley.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:40:29 AM

I believe this thread should be locked and a link to the newer one should be posted as the first and last post for clarity. Should help with getting people situated better, Smiley.

acs26

June 13, 2013, 07:42:53 AM

Newest DevCoin Thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233279.0
----
If any Admins from Devtome are willing to help with Aegis, please feel free to P.M me. In the case your P.Ms are not reaching me, please email me @ aegisdevmod@gmail.com
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:21:41 AM

We had an old thread at:

Thanks for the heads-up that threads can be created with self-moderation. I wasn't aware of that. And just so you know, that troll that came around... follow his past posts. All he does is spend all day going from one thread to another filling it with useless garbage, putting down everyone and harassing people with the hopes that they will pay him to go away.

Been reporting that guy for a while now (each time on a different post because he does this so often) and I have a "report accuracy" of 0%. I know for a fact others have been actively reporting him as well. It bothers me that the mods are basically condoning his behavior here, allowing him to run amuck and try to destroy everyone's day and derail any actual conversation for his laughs.

There are only two writers with 80 shares, one of whom is the author of those short books (account is in his own name, that of the author, account was already activated by jasinlee a while ago and then me) and the other who similarly is porting them from gaming sites on which they were already published.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:26:19 AM

80 000 words, even if porting over is tough!  Respect! Smiley .  Took me 3 years to write 200 pages for my thesis!
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:30:26 AM

80 000 words, even if porting over is tough!  Respect! Smiley .  Took me 3 years to write 200 pages for my thesis!
Everybody has an opinion on the limit. I think 80 shares (not necessarily 80k words, I don't see why the word count matters if it's decent) is too high, but it is what it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: