Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:25:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Devcoin Moderated  (Read 5359 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:27:03 PM

Marticps I would say just post your own donation address, and we can just send you coins directly. Please specify type that you would prefer btc/ltc/dvc etc.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:42:57 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 11:02:34 PM by tom_o

Tom - to delete the message just hit 'edit this page', delete the text, save. Unthinkingbit shoudl get back to you soon, esp as he messaged you which is probably about your dvc address

Ah cool I was looking at the separate sub-section edit links.

I guess the address thing might be to do with me changing the payment address at the time of block 92998 or so cause I managed to mess up the devcoin client by updating net framework, so quickly installed it on my sisters pc! I've checked it and is definitely the correct one: 15btmQxdDU2ZNDnMUfURmsATjy8iCtZmaF

One thing I had wondered though: it seems to be possible to go onto another user's page and edit the coin payment address. obviously I didn't click save but is this not a huge oversight in security?
I doubt everyone checks their own payout address regularly; using a vanity address generator it wouldn't be too hard to imitate the first few characters to make the thief's address look very similar!
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:02:59 PM

Tom - to delete the message just hit 'edit this page', delete the text, save. Unthinkingbit shoudl get back to you soon, esp as he messaged you which is probably about your dvc address

I guess the address thing might be to do with me changing the payment address at the time of block 92998 or so cause I managed to mess up the devcoin client by updating net framework, so quickly installed it on my sisters pc! I've checked it and is definitely the correct one.

One thing I had wondered though: it seems to be possible to go onto another user's page and edit the coin payment address. obviously I didn't click save but is this not a huge oversight in security?
I doubt everyone checks their own payout address regularly; using a vanity address generator it wouldn't be too hard to imitate the first few characters to make the thief's address look very similar!

I'm not sure about the wallet address as I don't have anything to do with that side of things. Sounds like it should be easily resolved though.

The devtome security - yep this issue came up a while ago as a concern. From what I remember those with better knowledge than me were looking into how to change the configs to address it, along with enabling picture uploads. I don't know where anyone is with that, although I guess we'll now hear soon, but that's one of the reasons a message goes round before the final receiver file is put together to ensure wordcounts correspond to addresses which correspond with persons.
jasinlee

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:09:17 PM

I guess the address thing might be to do with me changing the payment address at the time of block 92998 or so cause I managed to mess up the devcoin client by updating net framework, so quickly installed it on my sisters pc! I've checked it and is definitely the correct one.

I'm not sure about the wallet address as I don't have anything to do with that side of things. Sounds like it should be easily resolved though.

The devtome security - yep this issue came up a while ago as a concern. From what I remember those with better knowledge than me were looking into how to change the configs to address it, along with enabling picture uploads. I don't know where anyone is with that, although I guess we'll now hear soon, but that's one of the reasons a message goes round before the final receiver file is put together to ensure wordcounts correspond to addresses which correspond with persons.

Pictures have been resolved, as for the user page, we have not found a decent solution for it yet.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
weisoq

Activity: 720

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:13:09 PM

Pictures have been resolved, as for the user page, we have not found a decent solution for it yet.
Ok cheers. Do you know if that means we now allow art/photographs if anyone asks me again, or considered a little too easy/copyright fuzzy/file heavy to open the doors to yet?
Bitcoin!

Activity: 768

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 12:04:57 AM

yap i saw the 10$ mark on vircurex too, before the hacks and changes!

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Report to moderator 
_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:46:10 AM

It's gonna be very difficult to reach $10 per coin. We need a market cap of 46 billion and more as we pump millions of coin each month. Our current market cap is around 460,000.

Not really a good idea to pump the $10 per coin price as it was a glitch and not the market value price. It makes us seem really scammy and we just want to pump that coin. If you look at the math, we need $46 billion. Do you know how much money that is? Not really realistic at this point at all and you're attracting the wrong type of people to the coin if you keep on saying that it will reach $10 per coin later on.

I agree Lawyer, but from what I saw Finshaggy was simply asking and stating that devcoin was at $10 at one point.

For us new guys who were not around at that point - there is no way to know it was a fluke.  I too read third party articles over the past 2 months which stated devcoin was at $10.

That said, this whole thing got way out of hand.  It was really one or two guys jumping all over Finshaggy like he did some horrible thing.

I agree we don't need pumpers but right now, with such low awareness I'd rather have some overly optimistic guy than some nagging hens riding some of our best contributors, such as finshaggy.  That's not going to help our cause.  This horse has been dead some-time now.

And as far as value goes, a literally worthless video game currency like Bitcoin went to $266 for no fundamental reason whatsoever, in under 90 days, so as crazy as a $50 Billion market cap sounds, it's possible if demand greatly outstrips supply for a few weeks which I think is possible once Bitcoin goes mainstream which I think will happen by next year.

**Finally, can somebody close this thread since most people are already on the aegis moderated thread?  Two open threads is causing confusion.  TIA

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:47:56 AM

As far as I remember hearing, the address on the site is also really irrelevant since the real address is posted in the receiver file itself. If I remember right, the script ignores the address on devtome so that's really not an issue and wouldn't give anyone any benefits.

Although we do need locked user pages for sure.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
jasinlee

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:48:21 AM

We are making an explanation video for Devcoin as a whole.
We'll make an animation video with an voice over. (Kinda like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo )
Do we have a final devcoin logo to use that is voted upon? Or can we push that vote up to now if possible.

Needs Clarification:
  • Marticps does the animation, but needs a script, if someone is proficient at script writing please stand up.
    If someone already started a script who is it so we can mark you down.
  • There is a small bounty available for producing a video, but considering that the rules dont really allow for expanding on it, we are asking for pledged donations for marticps as this is a monumental task and very important step to building up devcoin.
  • There was not a certain date set for the video to be produced, but I am sure the bitcoin education site would like to have it sooner rather than later.
    I am planning on doing the voice over for free for the video.

Any comments please discuss.

Only a few points:
The video should be about 15 minutes. I find it maybe too long.
My skills can't do something as the video jasinlee posted, don't expect that please. I try to do something simple but pretty (https://mega.co.nz/#!Zp8TBCSQ!HsgP-z2rdA3rzy0c28TP20K7b6NOdmgbsb46p4QfHbw (Flash required, I hope fonts are embedded)).
I will do the animation in function of the script. It'd be better to record the off-voice before or to add timing at the script, in order to make the video and the audio fit in a proper way.

Thanks

Anyone able to write the script as a template for us as a guide that we can modify into the 15 minutes requested?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:50:46 AM

You're the third person who has stated seeing the $10 DVC price.  I think this is enough to prove Finshaggy was simply recollecting something he saw and all of the attacks against him need to be dropped.  I can't believe something like this got so out of hand in the first place.  It's like we're living in Russia or China.  Very strange behavior.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 01:53:54 AM

You're the third person who has stated seeing the $10 DVC price.  I think this is enough to prove Finshaggy was simply recollecting something he saw and all of the attacks against him need to be dropped.  I can't believe something like this got so out of hand in the first place.  It's like we're living in Russia or China.  Very strange behavior.

The trolls will continue to attack Finshaggy, they are not out there caring about whether DVC reached $10 or $10 million, they are out there to discredit the Devcoin.   No matter how we clarify, they certainly have other excuses of attacking DVC and Finshaggy.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 04:04:19 AM

The trolls will continue to attack Finshaggy, they are not out there caring about whether DVC reached $10 or $10 million, they are out there to discredit the Devcoin.   No matter how we clarify, they certainly have other excuses of attacking DVC and Finshaggy.

Thanks for confirming what I felt.  It made no sense to me.  I thought maybe I was being paranoid.  It worked though, I haven't seen finshaggy post all day since he was attacked. 

I think they saw he was a major contributor and they targeted him.  Call me crazy but the whole attack seemed so overblown and exaggerated. Using 2 maybe 3 fairly new aliases they took the whole board over and relentlessly went after the poor guy.  Why, cause he recalled devcoin being at $10?  It makes no sense.

Unthinkingbit (OP)

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 04:30:22 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 05:17:22 AM by Unthinkingbit

Please move the talk to the Aegis - Devcoin thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.0

This thread is now locked. The Aegis moderation is around the clock, so there'll almost no trolling on the new thread.

Also, please don't feed the trolls on troll threads, there's no reasoning with them and by posting their thread moves up to the front page.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: