Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: They Must Evolve or Die!  (Read 528 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:26:16 PM

I find it hard to understand why most Altcoin developers aren't making their products better . A platform like Steemit should have done lots of improvements and  introduce many cool features for its decentralized blogging site in order to attract more users. What about Zcash, Monereo, QTUM, EOS, Stratis, Siacoin, Storj, Doge, etc
Only Bitcoin and two other coin seem to be taking this whole journey seriously.
What are the rest waiting for? Where are there forums?  What measure have they put in place to attract the brightest minds & more investors to their Cryptocurrencies. What are they doing with all the millions?
They must wake up and keep improving their Coins or receive the greatest shock of their lives!
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:43:19 PM

Where do you see millions mate? if I start a project and offer some coins and then my dad buys %40 and my mom buys %8 and I keep %50 for myself

Then only %2 goes to other people but it gets my coin listed on coinmarketcap and you think that I've got millions. open source projects are free to use

Any one could copy your work, what they are doing now, they have no forum because no one is interested to join them, they want to use the idiots here.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:58:48 PM

It's really a matter of having a plan in mind and doing something productive for implementation rather than just making ICOs for the sake of money, there is literally no hope in the altcoin market anymore. A few years back we had developers will thrilling ideas for projects who actually made it happened and today we're in a society filled with the money minded.
It won't be long until we end up having multiple tokens for one related field as the money being invested is not being put into research and development but is being used for all other unnecessary purposes.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:49:20 PM

Yes, now the problem with useless coins, which simply clog the world of crypto currency, is very acute. Coins grow like mushrooms after the rain, but nothing new, except for the name, do not carry. It's pretty sad. Once in the market, they immediately depreciate tens of times and never rise again. Vitalik Buterina recently spoke about some new version of ICO which will improve its quality. Maybe it will help though.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:33:12 AM

I dont know if you can appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes on many complex projects.

Also adding nonsense feature and junk for no reason is not really advancing.

Many older projects with REAL cryptographers. conceptual designers and coders are going strong but these new dreams and talk icos (failed start ups from else where) are sucking in the noobs with their fresh btc.

LTC already has segwit and lightning as do a couple of other older projects.

Projects like bitbay are advancing in very useful features and when the big decentralised exchanges like blocknet and komodo and ark get cracking they will bring real needed innovation and the last major piece of the decentralised trustless arena we have been hoping for.

Some seem to be taking their fucking time but it is hard to appreciate the work that needs to be done i guess.

sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:36:15 AM

Yes, it's correct.
And there are limited room for every coins to evolve (without swap)
And new coins with new technology would surely win the race, sooner or latter.

gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:48:33 AM

I find it hard to understand why most Altcoin developers aren't making their products better . A platform like Steemit should have done lots of improvements and  introduce many cool features for its decentralized blogging site in order to attract more users. What about Zcash, Monereo, QTUM, EOS, Stratis, Siacoin, Storj, Doge, etc
What are the rest waiting for? Where are there forums?  What measure have they put in place to attract the brightest minds & more investors to their Cryptocurrencies. What are they doing with all the millions?
They must wake up and keep improving their Coins or receive the greatest shock of their lives!

there is some dev, make cryptocurrency with respectively alghoritma, so system update will run long, and bug search on alghoritma is very difficult. i think again about doge, this nice cryptocurrency  just 10 ~ 15 seconds for receive token,  what should be updated from doge? , and then cryptocurrency mixer is greatly helped by doge et al.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:01:50 AM

I agree. It’s almost like they don’t know they have competitors now and people with good projects hot on their heels. If they don’t keep innovating someone will come soon with a better product and overtake them. Technology moves so fast and there are lots of great ideas out there. These coins can’t just sit on their past achievements and they can’t stay quiet about their new achievements either. Marketing counts. See Apple vs Blackberry. BB used to be a giant. Now what? It’s dead because it didn’t innovate
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:42:19 AM

True. It's obvious that some altcoins don't have any future. I think they don't understand that they need to change something to be valuable.

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 07:14:19 AM

Great topic OP. I agree, these altcoins should really get up and do something. Bitcoin never had any ICOs and yet they are consistently working on (or fighting amongst themselves) upgrades like this segwit2x, lightning, mast, etc.

Hopefully, some altcoins actually get to read this and be moved to action. There is so much potential to cryptocurrency. I can only imagine how this will change the world.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:23:45 AM

Hopefully, some altcoins actually get to read this and be moved to action. There is so much potential to cryptocurrency. I can only imagine how this will change the world.

I think the OP is just overwhelmed by the onslaught of new projects, including fly-by-night airdrop tokens and ICO tokens based on vague schemes. New ones pop up everyday, and while there do exist promising projects in the ICO sphere, they are in the minority. It takes a lot of digging and research to find the ones that are worth investing in.

I disagree with the conclusion that innovation has left alts. There are quite a few interesting projects among old-school POW coins. I think once the token craze dies down a bit, money will flood back into innovative coins. DCR, STRAT, RADS, ARDR, XIOS are a few that come to mind. If you're paying attention, a lot is happening in the altcoin scene, but it's largely being brushed under the rug because of the hype around ICOs. Give it time; these things move in cycles, like all markets.

hookcoin

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:43:37 AM

The rule of exclusion will not abandon a project. If you do not have a good development plan you can not survive in the market. Many projects have emerged for some time and disappeared because they were not manageable.
n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:52:28 AM

You may want to check ADA (cardano). It might be the first project that it is based on scientific theory and academics, and having to consider the flaws of bitcoin and ethereum and the lessons of crypto space in general. Their PoS algo (Ouroboros) is claimed to be "First provably secure Proof-of-Stake" as it is gone through academic peer review by cryptographers and was accepted to present at the recent crypto17 (a yearly conference for cryptographers). Ohw and their blockchain is coded in haskell.

Their blockchain seems built to resist hardforks when it needed protocol updates, rather it is routed through softforks (CIP) in layered fashion. We're currently in the bootstrap era of the project that has the SL (settlement layer) houses the ADA currency, and by Q2 2018 we expect to see the CL (computation layer) which houses the smart contracts capabilities of the project. This is where got me interested as they're integrating K framework which support multiple languages which mean smart contract developers are not tied to just one language like solidity. It's going to be a great competition in 2018.

Explanation from charles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9D0kpksxw
the interview by lark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9D0kpksxw

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

Because most are trying to turn a profit and the legit ones don't actually have enough funding or support to actually continue the development. For example ZCash developers are still getting a part of each block mined as a founders reward.

Most have already promoted their project to max and have forums.

It really doesn't matter how much they promote, they need a community and good code backing up the whole coin.

gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:56:06 AM

Every Altcoins project must have a product. And the product that they usually takes a long time. From start of plan, beta tester, until finished product and experiencing many renewal. And definitely take a long time. Just like Bitcoin from 2009 to the present that takes a long time to raise the price of the Coin. We must understand the risks of being an ICO Altcoin investor
Noxmfs

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:08:33 AM

You are way too prejudictive about altcoins. Bitcoin didn't have any changes for years and even currently has many flaws over the newer currencies. There are 999+ altcoins evolving daily and expanding the market cap. The market itself is evolutionary, at this point everything is evolved.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:25:34 AM

Because they want to better altcoins which suits the needs of people. They need to innovate their products in able to get more consumers to buy the product. That's why we see some altcoins are having an upgrade called hard fork or soft fork. It can improve or fix glitch at their project. Even Bitcoin, people wants it to evolve. Like what's happen recently. The hardfork just happen. They split and create a new one. But unfortunately, Bitcoin still keeps on pumping. It's because majority of people still want the original one. But i know one day they are gonna need to improve Bitcoin. Because altcoins these days keeps on improving. It is needed to keep the project alive.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:10:38 AM

- Most of the old alts doesn't have enough marketing budget to start advertising or hire more developers, development is totally done by developers who want to contribute int he project for free.
- New alts/tokens are collecting millions of $ and using those funds after ICO to create hype about their project with big promises, when they will make successful pump on price they are just dumping their holding and enjoying whatever they will have. They are not spending those funds to make actual development.

- Talking about bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin like stablished cryptos, they have huge community support and lots of voluteer developer so these coins are constantly developing or making changes to their network according to market demand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

I don't believe that any real competition exist between so called alternative cryptocurrencies. The world of cryptocurrencies now is on some kind of a chaos.
But you can still find good gems!
moala

Activity: 96

Moirai ICO starts on 10/11/2017

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:24:42 PM

Many alt coins just conduct ICO, collect their bitcoins and leave the project. Investors have been gullible and now learning lessons the hard way.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: