Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
bilat69

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:40:15 AM

if recieve a airdrop i will sell it if the token i recieve in in a good or high quality token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:45:10 AM

It depends on project. If it is just a waste coin, probably you can sell it right away. If it is good project, but just started evolving, better keep it for 1 year or more.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:51:19 AM

Its your own choice if you want to sell it quickly but i think airdrop tokens at first has no price , and the community of the airdrop tokens are searching for investors to make those tokens legit. Most airdrops tokens are no value even if there is an active community in it , because there is no developer of the token. Few tokens receives in airdrops has the potential to have a high price once they hit big exchanges.

whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:52:56 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

hold it for a while then set a specific value for each tokens and sell it after they reached your target value for that token holding for a token is not profitable like if you are holding a  shittoken. token is good for short term hold or investment, you can see on etherdelta what token has a potential to hold or to trade.  
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:20:40 AM

i should say hold on to them until it reaches a decent value. The reason for this are those tokens will try their best to gain market trust as well as be successful token, so somewhere this token might get some decent value if you hold on to them for a while, and decide when to sell it once you think you got a decent value of this tokens. but on the other hand if you are skeptical of the tokens you are holding the. you can sell it right away and get away with a small profit. you must also try to do some research on this tokens and reach their whitepapers and roadmaps in that way you can tell if a token has a potential to perform well in the market.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:42:40 AM

I do not think to hold it longer if I have a personalized airdrop token I prefer to sell it and the benefits I get will be better if I use to buy some coin that has a pretty low value. certainly by doing that we will have the opportunity to gain an even greater advantage. and that's all of my personal advice from the rest of you can certainly find more information about what you should do with your airdrop token
It's true, if the value is worth to sell, because not a few of every token we get, its value is shrinking. Even worthless can also turn it around. So not a bad choice if we hold, because the value of new coins in crypto is difficult in prediction.
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:47:52 AM

I do not sell the coins that I get on the airdrop. Their number is very small. However, if any one of them achieves success and grows well in price. Then I can recieve maybe 100 bucks. But I get them for free, so they just holded.

then HOLD is the last key, but sometimes we need to see the goal of its airdrop. some people often to underestimate the price of token from airdrop.
like what happen to me with my HAT, i already sell it at low price, and now just see the records in ethplorer can make me cry   Cry
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:48:31 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Will if i choice to hold or sell token from airdrop.It will depend on the ICO.If the ico is not yet finish there main sale or presale i will not sell it i will hold it.And also if theres airdrop coming i will also hold it.But if the ico or the token seller dont have update or any a month and there token going to dump.. i will quickly sell it..
Fitrilalala

Activity: 248

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:55:32 AM

An airdrop coin is free gift, if you get the free coin better you quickly sell it as long it still has value. If you hold it more longer i belive it will loss until the price 0. It will going waste for you. Because most of air drop coin not trade in the market. Thats why there is no hope to make it growth. Diffrent with coin from ico.if the ico success the price of the coin will rise too.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:11:14 AM

It depends on the project. If the project is well-development, i will hold them but if the price is skyrocketing i will sell some of it. If it's just shit tokens, i will sell it right away. Based on my experience, most of airdrops are not valuable but some of them are gems. Rebl, Btcred and equals are the only airdrops that gives me decent profit so far (still hodling some of rebl).
Johntata

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:13:16 AM

Once the coin hits the highest price, you should dump them.
Jabiii

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:39:01 AM

Yes you should dumped them quickly because generally airdrop tokens dont value as much as the others.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
choochimil

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:48:06 AM

If you really want to answer your question you will need to spend a few minutes researching the project. If you like the sound of the project and believe it has a future you should hold. Airdrops are good in that they disperse tokens to a wider audience. Projects that are better distributed tend to be less susceptible to whale manipulation and overnight dumps. In my experience if you hold for 6 months or more the tokens tend to go up again after the initial dumpers have exited.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Jerusareth

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:50:59 AM

It's a matter of choice though, if you think that coin has a potential to grow over time and will do some great benefits to its user then holding it is much more worthy that selling too fast right after you get it from an aidropped. You just get it for free so holding it for a longer time will not cost you anything.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:54:07 AM

You should look up the information about the projects that have given you those  tokens.  If they are developing,  then it is okay to hold tokens,  but as soon as they start dying, you should sell them.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
justBorn

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:12:33 AM

Better to hold it tight. Theres a airdrop tokens will be pump soon as the developer continue to work with their plan. Even we know this is ain't work because they don't have funds but as you can see, ebtc, blue, and other are doing great right now even they don't have an ICO.
crafty

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:08:33 AM

Based on my experience, I sold most of my initial airdrops and soon realized the power of holding. Pretty much all of those tokens have grown at least 10x now.

filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:10:49 AM

Hello,
Just sell them as soon as you can as there would be no one ready to buy it when you act late.They would lose their value soon and it is for this reason that most people dump those tokens immediately.Some thing is better than nothing.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:31:08 AM

It depends on the project that doing airdrops. Read their whitepapers, learn the people behind the project and you will get a clearer view on them. Most of times airdrop tokens have almost 0 value because most of those project these days are not successful. From my view it is always better to hold on to tokens.

Billykissfromrose

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:38:43 AM

in my opinion , I will hold them about 1 - 2 years
if you have lucky , you can earn a lot of money from them
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: