Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:53:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I sell my airdropped tokens quickly or hold on to them?  (Read 2904 times)
pinkliar

Activity: 262
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:14:51 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

you should hold it until the price exceeds the ico price because you are very lucky to have the token without buying only from airdrop, so keep the tokens well until the price reaches more than $ 10.
but if you may have some plan on how much this may able to sell for then you may take that opportunity cause airdropped has been distribute in a free term therefore if you have that kind of chances for then take that for.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:22:48 AM

Most of airdropped coins is a shit coins, the price of which dumped to 0. So, no need to hold it.
All airdrop coins are not to dump. So sell them once and buy again at lower price.
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:27:18 AM

Updated list of latest verified Airdrops as 20/01 here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2771867  Smiley
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:30:55 AM

As more rounds of airdrop are made, those tokens will be diluted and expected to fall to an undesirable amount
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:41:34 AM

I would quickly sell my airdropped tokens depending on the situation, if it's a shitcoin then I will instantly sell it.
redblock

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:48:27 AM

I know I am a bit late, but not all airdropped coins are shitcoins. Deeponion has completed over 50% of the total airdrops, and it's value has only increased steadily so far.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:50:27 AM

i always HODL all airdropped coins until their value rise to above 0.5ETH, this has happened to me about 10 times this far. But then again my MEW account got alot of SHIT airdropped coins on it. But who cares? Just use delta balance for your ethereum wallet adress and you can be kept up to date if any coin would rise in value.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:58:20 AM

Hello,
Yesterday I saw some increase in my total estimated token value, and today it dropped significantly.
It appears that a lot of people are selling their airdropped tokens as soon as they get them.
I have not sold a single token from airdrops, and with the exception of some them, they seem to be mostly losing value in time.
Should I do the same or hodl hoping that some of them may increase in value, closing the gap I lose in the process?

Selling decision depends on you after all Airdrops were all free gifts giving to you freely. If you want to hold them for the future they might likely turn you big profits or they might eventually become shit coins or tokens by losing value. The main intention of the developer is to achieve greater value by holding but they fail to understand that true value depends on the forces of demand and supply in the market.

HOMT

Powered by,
reypinioco

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:58:36 AM

If tou want to have a better profits from the dropped coins you should hold it for a while if that coin is really promising.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
vladbakshoo

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:59:13 AM

most of times these aridrops are shit coins so sell them as soon as possible but u should see the project and if it actually have any real value for example i hold hwala token(hat) and didn't sell and gained quite chunk of profit but this happens rarely most of time i just dump these shitcoins
reoxyde

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:05:42 AM

Most of the time you want to sell it immediately because those are some coins which may not have a good prospect, but always DYOR
Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:34:33 AM

That would depend on the type of token you receive and how badly you need the cash. If you need the cash, of course it would be best to sell (or if it is a weak project)> However, if your holding something with upside potential in the future, I would definitely holding for a while. At least hold them for two to three months.
k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:38:35 AM

Normally I sell them in a couple of weeks or months,but still keeping a few hundreds Tron,received by airdrop,bcos I believe in its future.
Sumarokovalena

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:01:50 PM

most of the coins from the airdrop have no value. BUT. for a start, it is better to check the forecast because if suddenly happen that you have sold the coin, and she suddenly increase in price, then you will be very sorry.
Bestfriendko

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:00:38 PM

What are you still waiting for? Airdrop tokens were not meant for safekeeping, at least 75% of them i suppose. Because of the fact that it was free, some don't have value at all literally. Again, not all of them but most of them. Here's a simple friendly reminder, the very minute you've received a token, check it's price in the exchange. If what is reveal to you is something that will put a big smile in your face, it's either you sell it that instant or wait a couple of days more for some developments. But if it's the other way around, (not smile but a big frown) sell it. Sell it immediately before it totally lose it's value.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:32:40 PM

I decided to hold. if I sell them - it will not change my life for the better. I will hold 1year, and then decide what to do with them
Flamebellow

Activity: 364

www.codex.one

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:43:28 PM

There is no universal rule about what to do with airdrops . Biggest part of airdropped tokens just a scam and they get dumped very fast , so it is profitable to sell them quickly , but they worth only a few dollars , so your transaction fee will be greater then token worth )) 

Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:47:33 PM

Hello,

Will in my own opinion airdrop is one of the best earning profit If a airdrop is having a Crowdsale or coin sale dont sell it because its have chances to het higher than this price wait tell the coin sale end.Thats my strategy in airdrop.Just be update on them and you will get huge profit on them
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:51:43 PM

If you're losing the value like a lot, I think you should just  hold it for a bit longer. I agree that we should just sell the tokens once we made a good profit.
Most of the people here said that only shitcoins create an airdrop, I think I have to disagree on this statement. There are lots of good altcoins who created an airdrop as well like HaT, and many more.
This is cryptocurrency, so everything is possible!!
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:24:26 AM

Hello,

I think that airdropped tokens you should sell as soon as possible when of course they will have anything in price. That’s my simple strategy. I don’t know about some  airdropped tokens that had being lived long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: