Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:20:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The primary idea of bitcoin  (Read 1287 times)
Platonicus (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:32:22 PM

Hello,

I would like to discuss about the primary idea of bitcoin of Mr. Nakamoto. Was he a/is he a person who wanted to make world better place, to take from rich and give to poor, to create new elite? What I am linking to is that at the moment large mining farms, bitcoin visioneers who started in early 2010-2013 now have most of bitcoins and sad (my oppinion) truth is that they will keep growing than most of society stays in poverty.

I think it is socially incorrect situation as it is because I think primary and main idea of bitcoins was to make world a better place to live, to shorten gap between rich and poor, educated and non educated people...

And finally happened what happened, rich got only very small percentage, while others live as they lived before...

What is your oppinion? What was real primary idea of bitcoin? Are we on a right way as Nakamoto visioned?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codem0nkey
Copper Member

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:33:23 PM

I think the main goal was decentralization, which we are accomplishing nicely.
wisdomcn

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:48:56 PM

I think he/she might have suffered  from government, banks and other financial institutions policies in gaining access to he/her own money in the bank. Which might lead him/her to undo them buy creating a decentralized system that is today affecting banks and others
tobs

Activity: 282

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:52:18 PM

First of all, the idea of bitcoin was to become a currency. Nowadays, everyone perceives it as some magical asset that yields profits out of nowhere. It's sad that people are afraid to spend bitcoins, because "it may be worth more in the future", so they just keep it in their wallets or speculate it on exchanges. I don't see many actual usages of bitcoin, there are not many shops or places where you can use it. Everyone sees bitcoin as successful because of it's price, but in my opinion it fails as a currency. The fees are high and there are no enough places to spend it.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:01:59 PM

Maybe this sounds strange but I think that Satoshi didn't have so big plans for bitcoin like it has developed now. Probably the idea was to introduce the new technology and some virtual currency in new virtual era, to give people some alternative to traditional fiat currencies and centralized finances. Maybe even Satoshi didn't expected that bitcoin will achieve so big success out of nothing.
But I'm sure he didn't want limit bitcoin just to certain groups of people and that only few profit out of it but things often turn out different than we want them.

malaj
shillberting

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:15:24 PM

Yeah I dont think the main goal was to make the world a more equal place (although it could have been) I too think the main goal was taking power away from a few hands and I think for the most part we have done that.

Sure there are big mining operations ongoing but that doesnt mean the level of decentralization is bad. I feel much more comfortable having my money in bitcoin than I do a traditional bank and that is due to the way the

network is setup. It is very secure and I couldnt envision the future of money any other way now
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:47:07 AM

We are really not there what Mr. Nakamoto wants in our country.But i know time comes if we still support bitcoin in their vision for us to have a better place , not a perfect but a better place for everyone it will surely happen, that is everybody equal there is no poor or rich people, but an equal opportunity for us. If we still work hard for it everyone will surely in a better place and  if we still value what bitcoin can give no one will be hopeless. Every investment we use in bitcoin is worth it as long as you spend it for yours and yours families life in present and in future.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:01:26 PM

Bitcoin is a currency.You can mention it as a modern currency.Bitcoin is approximately like other currencies in the world.But the price of bitcoin is much higher than the others.The price of it is increasing too.We can buy or iinvest bitcoin,hold them,sell them when the price increases,trade them and can shop by them without expressing self identity from any corner of the world.But,it is still illegal in most of the countries in the world.

zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:35:18 PM

Maybe this sounds strange but I think that Satoshi didn't have so big plans for bitcoin like it has developed now. Probably the idea was to introduce the new technology and some virtual currency in new virtual era, to give people some alternative to traditional fiat currencies and centralized finances.

I thought not just that. bitcoin represent a true democrasy in human life With a decentralized system. Imagine,  if all country use the cryptocurrency as their daily currency, imagine the election with a decentralized system. This world could be better than this.

Maybe even Satoshi didn't expected that bitcoin will achieve so big success out of nothing.
But I'm sure he didn't want limit bitcoin just to certain groups of people and that only few profit out of it but things often turn out different than we want them.

You're wrong dude, satoshi was predict everything from the first time. He create a bitcoin with 21 million limit so the price could keep rising time to time. And althought the price was so damn high,  you could still have it with small quantity, thats why bitcoin could split into 8 digital number.
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:37:54 PM

Hello,

I would like to discuss about the primary idea of bitcoin of Mr. Nakamoto. Was he a/is he a person who wanted to make world better place, to take from rich and give to poor, to create new elite? What I am linking to is that at the moment large mining farms, bitcoin visioneers who started in early 2010-2013 now have most of bitcoins and sad (my oppinion) truth is that they will keep growing than most of society stays in poverty.

I think it is socially incorrect situation as it is because I think primary and main idea of bitcoins was to make world a better place to live, to shorten gap between rich and poor, educated and non educated people...

And finally happened what happened, rich got only very small percentage, while others live as they lived before...

What is your oppinion? What was real primary idea of bitcoin? Are we on a right way as Nakamoto visioned?

I would like to correct the very motive of Mr. Nakamoto. He's agenda actually is to provide a society with free transactions. And with Free Transactions I mean transactions that can be anonymous. Aside from that, he's motive is also to provide a currency, a digital currency which is now called cryptocurrencies, that is not regulated by the government. And by the way, Mr. Nakamoto is actually not a single person but a group of people who developed the Bitcoin all together.

Ziomuro27

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:46:42 PM

Hello,

Yes we are, everything that he said is for us, Bitcoin is a currency which helps people to escape from poverty where they will meet and realized knowledge and ideas about the society that they live in,moreover it is way that keeps them survive in every day live, the currency which gave them hope, courage to face the reality and education to learn more and help their own fellow human.

center]
           ▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
WINDICE

▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀

OPlay NowO

Follow Us
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
[/center]
ramayor

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:06:32 PM

I think the primary idea of bitcoin is that there’s a finite amount of btc that will be produced/created and by owning that, you own a portion of this technology that allows you to access the benefits.  Wink
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:07:36 PM

Bitcoin at it's core was intended to be used as a currency which could potentially overthrow fiat. But, at the end of the day even if it doesn't succeed in doing that it still has brought the blockchain which is a revolutionary piece of technology.

Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:18:06 PM

I don't think the idea was to take from the rich and give to the poor, or to reduce the gap between rich and poor. The purpose of creating bitcoin, was to create a coin that you be decentralized and thus immune to the government and bank manipulation. Bitcoin emerged at the heart of a financial crisis, so it was a way to create a coin that would give it's users some security from hyperinflation and manipulation. You would no longer need banks to hold your funds, and that would prevent them from using your money to speculate on markets without you even knowing about it. With bitcoin you have complete control over your money, and that's the great thing about BTC.
Faith Joy

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:58:27 PM

Hello,

The primary idea with bitcoin is that  Bitcoin is a currency which helps people to escape from poverty where they will meet and realized knowledge and ideas about the society that they live in, moreover it is way that keeps them survive in every day live, the currency which gave them hope, courage to face the reality and education to learn more and help their own fellow human. Bitcoin has a positive feedbacks.
sunno330

homt.net

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:05:27 PM

The main or base idea is worldwide digital crypto currency market can used all over people.  and get more advantages from this. It will be good and better,  as like to see the current world. Now people are smart generation and make all over from online based.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Adam

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:22:19 PM

complete decentralization of the assets

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
Basmic

Merit: 256

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:26:35 PM

Probably the main purpose of bitcoin is to make us independent of government. We are earning a living and are not dependent on Fiat. If this is the ideal scenario. I hope that soon there will be the option to pay in bitcoins when shopping in any online store. This will minimize the need to use Fiat.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:29:03 PM

I think the main goal was decentralization, which we are accomplishing nicely.
Yes, the whole 'no banks needed' idea is pure gold.  But the question was
about satoshi's intent, and I'm not sure if even the old timers from 2009 could
answer that with any degree of accuracy.  I think satoshi doesn't exist as one
person but rather is a group of people, probably a government agency, but I
have no proof, only suspicion. I do think the original intent was to have a form
of money that wasn't tied to government or banks, and that isn't physical.  That
aspect is working very well...except for the network fees and long confirmation
times.
bbs98

Activity: 190

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:34:46 PM

Just imagining that satoshi may be too upset by the world paper money policy dominated only by the superpower, satoshi wants all the same as its currency to be no different between countries, and Bitcoin can do it ease transactions between countries without any currency bonds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: