Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:19:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deprecated thread.  (Read 91672 times)
smasherx

Activity: 202
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:26:03 PM

Hey guys - the new communtiy weekly is out. Check it out and dont forget to put your address+tweet in the commet section to take part in the next weeks giveaway
Obviously I am covering the update delay - had not too much time to prepare so please dont punch me for looking too often to my notes ;-)

https://youtu.be/Lq2O90EeemM
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alqo (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 32

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 12:55:28 PM

You are now able to vote for or against the ZeroCoin update. Please do not forget to participate. A full tutorial on how to vote and the vote itself can be found at : https://governance.alqo.org/current

infinity_times_nil

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:38:07 AM

Now the voting explains the delay...

Kind of bummed to see anything moved a bit back in time, but the idea to let the community decide is really good and I don't care much about a few days delay.
print_r

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:07:42 AM

ALQO Pool!

Code:
-a quark -o stratum+tcp://rpgpool.com:4033 -u [Wallet Address]-p c=ALQO
Alqo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:44:04 PM

The community reached out to us, that Miners should receive less in order to stabilize the Price and Network which is lead by Dumping Miners right now. After this we decided to double the Masternode Rewards and take the Developers Fee from the Mining stake. Update this week.

ron1989

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:33:56 PM

The community reached out to us, that Miners should receive less in order to stabilize the Price and Network which is lead by Dumping Miners right now. After this we decided to double the Masternode Rewards and take the Developers Fee from the Mining stake. Update this week.

could you expand on this more? also there is no vote?
is the mining reward going to be halved + dev fee from mining in order to double the masternode rewards?
what reasoning is there for masternode operators to not dump their rewarded coins?
I think that if staking was introduced now it would give miners incentive to hold their coins and accumulate for masternodes instead of dumping because they would be rewarded along the way.

full disclosure i am a miner, however i havent dumped any coins and im not sure what miners would at this point (coin value is too low) so i dont think its that driving the price down. if i were to mine coins just to dump for max profit and not speculate for long term gains, i wouldnt be mining alqo.
maardhayrule

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:49:27 PM

What's alqo position with recent SEC regulations for privacy coins? I know DASH, zcash, Monero and other privacy coins are potentially being delisted from centralised exchanges. What does alqo being based in Switzerland mean regards compliance with March 7 SEC statement? Can ALQO be a fiat gateway with privacy?
ajieafianto

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:50:35 PM

I wouldn’t think ALQO is being targeted by the SEC, they‘ll focus on regulating and controlling ICOs first. Other than that, the main platform for trading ALQO should be Bitfineon anyway, which is located in Switzerland. The SEC can’t do anything about it.
sunshinelavapie

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:52:17 PM

Being listed on many different exchanges without having a reason for high volume, which is the only thing that matters for exchanges won’t help either. Look at CoinExchange. CryptoBridge has still much more Volume. Once Liberio and the other planets are released, volume will speak for itself and listings will come, sooner or later.
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

is the mining reward going to be halved + dev fee from mining in order to double the masternode rewards?
what reasoning is there for masternode operators to not dump their rewarded coins?
I think that if staking was introduced now it would give miners incentive to hold their coins and accumulate for masternodes instead of dumping because they would be rewarded along the way.

full disclosure i am a miner, however i havent dumped any coins and im not sure what miners would at this point (coin value is too low) so i dont think its that driving the price down. if i were to mine coins just to dump for max profit and not speculate for long term gains, i wouldnt be mining alqo.

The reason for mn owners not to dump their coins is the reward they get for providing their mn - simple as that. As a miner you normally have the profit/loss ration in mind when mining (meaning: investment vs. output). So if you would be interested in SHORT TERM profits it would make no sense to run a mn. The miner on the other hand can sell anytime he's in the green.

On another topic: what's up with the three stage update? There will be another ANN, when it is rolled out, right?

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
ron1989

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:31:07 PM

The reason for mn owners not to dump their coins is the reward they get for providing their mn - simple as that. As a miner you normally have the profit/loss ration in mind when mining (meaning: investment vs. output). So if you would be interested in SHORT TERM profits it would make no sense to run a mn. The miner on the other hand can sell anytime he's in the green.

On another topic: what's up with the three stage update? There will be another ANN, when it is rolled out, right?

thats kind of what i was getting at with the masternode profits, theyre still profits that can be sold off (not talking about the 10,000 xlq required to hold the node). in this case theyre just moving reward from one userbase to the other, miners to masternode holders. profits are profits whether theyre earned from mining or a masternode and could be dumped just the same.
This is why i suggested that if staking was implemented sooner it would give miners an incentive to hold onto the coins they have mined.

not to mention at the current price i dont think miners alone can be blamed for the continuing decline, i cant imagine anyone would mine XLQ to sell at these prices (im hodling what ive mined over the past few months).

im not saying their decision to increase MN rewards and reduce miner reward is right or wrong. just opening discussion on why this change might not have the outcome they intended and trying to figure out how this will affect things long term.

also why wasnt this decision put to a vote?
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 08:49:16 PM

thats kind of what i was getting at with the masternode profits, theyre still profits that can be sold off (not talking about the 10,000 xlq required to hold the node). in this case theyre just moving reward from one userbase to the other, miners to masternode holders. profits are profits whether theyre earned from mining or a masternode and could be dumped just the same.
This is why i suggested that if staking was implemented sooner it would give miners an incentive to hold onto the coins they have mined.

not to mention at the current price i dont think miners alone can be blamed for the continuing decline, i cant imagine anyone would mine XLQ to sell at these prices (im hodling what ive mined over the past few months).

im not saying their decision to increase MN rewards and reduce miner reward is right or wrong. just opening discussion on why this change might not have the outcome they intended and trying to figure out how this will affect things long term.

that makes absolutely no sense. if an individual has enough to run a masternode, he or she has no incentive to hold on to his rewards unless he is trying to save up for another masternode. Even in that situation and they wants another masternode, they more than likely to buy the bulk of their coin from the market cos waiting to save up for another masternode strictly of MN rewards will take a really long time. So if anything a MN owner is more inclined to sell cos they not taking any loss if they already have their MN. It's all gain for them, while a miner accrue daily cost and might not be so willing to sell if they not making a reasonable gain.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Nina-coin

Activity: 266
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:52:34 PM

Hey guys - the new communtiy weekly is out. Check it out and dont forget to put your address+tweet in the commet section to take part in the next weeks giveaway
Obviously I am covering the update delay - had not too much time to prepare so please dont punch me for looking too often to my notes ;-)

https://youtu.be/Lq2O90EeemM

Hi! Thank you very much, you have a lot of useful information for crypto-community. Keep doing your important business, we are with you! Thank you again)
ron1989

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

that makes absolutely no sense. if an individual has enough to run a masternode, he or she has no incentive to hold on to his rewards unless he is trying to save up for another masternode and even in that situation, if someone wants another masternode, they more than likely to buy the bulk of their coin of the market cos waiting to save up for another masternode strictly of MN rewards will take a really long time. So if anything a Mn owner is more inclined to sell cos they not taking any loss if they already have their MN. It's all gain, while a miner has to take account of the current spending to make sure they earning a profit and if BTC prices keep falling and the market continues on the downtrend with time their profit will be heavily affected to where they not so inclined to sell while a MN owner has little to no cost. Just the cost of maintainin the VPN if they are using one.

agreed. maybe alqo team has no mining rigs and wants more reward from the masternodes they hold...
Alqo (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 03:45:45 PM

We've successfully tested the protocolversion 70714 with clientversion 3.0 (Pre-Liberio).

Everyone is now able to update their daemons by self-compiling the latest github-sourcecode which can be found under https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO

For everyone running a mining-pool we also added a new repositorie with the changed stratum-source to fit the needed and latest changes on the blocktemplate (developer-fee).
https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/Stratum

Please keep in mind that it's important to update your masternodes within the next 7 days to be sure everything is working fine.

As always we are going to announce a step-by-step guide with an auto-update tool within the next hours as well as the pre-compiled binaries.

Official Hosting Service users DO NOT need to update - we are going to supply the updates to all hosted servers within the next days.

The new QT version will be released latest tomorrow evening with some changes to remove the privacy-feature UI's and some general fixes.

This update includes the latest reward-distribution changes, HyperSend features as well as the developer fee integration.
https://explorer.alqo.org/wallet/devfee

We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your support.

ron1989

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 04:36:21 PM

We've successfully tested the protocolversion 70714 with clientversion 3.0 (Pre-Liberio).

Everyone is now able to update their daemons by self-compiling the latest github-sourcecode which can be found under https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/ALQO

For everyone running a mining-pool we also added a new repositorie with the changed stratum-source to fit the needed and latest changes on the blocktemplate (developer-fee).
https://github.com/ALQOCRYPTO/Stratum

Please keep in mind that it's important to update your masternodes within the next 7 days to be sure everything is working fine.

As always we are going to announce a step-by-step guide with an auto-update tool within the next hours as well as the pre-compiled binaries.

Official Hosting Service users DO NOT need to update - we are going to supply the updates to all hosted servers within the next days.

The new QT version will be released latest tomorrow evening with some changes to remove the privacy-feature UI's and some general fixes.

This update includes the latest reward-distribution changes, HyperSend features as well as the developer fee integration.
https://explorer.alqo.org/wallet/devfee

We thank you for your understanding and appreciate your support.

could you address my previous questions please?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:44:08 PM

that makes absolutely no sense. if an individual has enough to run a masternode, he or she has no incentive to hold on to his rewards unless he is trying to save up for another masternode and even in that situation, if someone wants another masternode, they more than likely to buy the bulk of their coin of the market cos waiting to save up for another masternode strictly of MN rewards will take a really long time. So if anything a Mn owner is more inclined to sell cos they not taking any loss if they already have their MN. It's all gain, while a miner has to take account of the current spending to make sure they earning a profit and if BTC prices keep falling and the market continues on the downtrend with time their profit will be heavily affected to where they not so inclined to sell while a MN owner has little to no cost. Just the cost of maintainin the VPN if they are using one.

agreed. maybe alqo team has no mining rigs and wants more reward from the masternodes they hold...

I really don't think that's the reason. I don't know wether the team is mining or not, but they deserve some credit for their work done. Sure there is the dev-fee now, but running an exchange and listing on other exchanges + paying devs and community members is expensive.

to be honest, i think if there would have been a vote, the change sure would be accepted. (MN are by far the largest holder)
Broesel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 07:48:56 PM

I agree with you Alohaboy?!

I also guess that many mn holders reinvest their Alqo income into new mn's rather than selling their profits for short term gains. I optimistiaclly hope that mn holders are invested long term into the project and want to support it (which in turns helps Alqo to stable growth and raise the value organically).

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 11:58:34 PM by Islapdonkey

I really don't think that's the reason. I don't know wether the team is mining or not, but they deserve some credit for their work done. Sure there is the dev-fee now, but running an exchange and listing on other exchanges + paying devs and community members is expensive.

to be honest, i think if there would have been a vote, the change sure would be accepted. (MN are by far the largest holder)

We go around touting an affinity for decentralization, but stay mum when the dev decides on such an important change without an input from the community. My guess is the the crew own the highest amount of masternode in the community. however, the coin would be nothing without the miners. Anyway, the players will just switch their game format, it's actually cheaper to accrue thru MN but i seriously believe the jump in price is temporary.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Dormis

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

This implies that we will not be changing the consensus algorithm as one of our main goals is still to attract investors into masternodes, rather than into staking.what will mn investor get in a few months?
bagholding basicly
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: