Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pangolinminer & Whatsminer FAQs  (Read 25114 times)
Shazam!!!

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:08:28 PM

The text I got was that it had been shipped DHL and would require a signature.  Followed up by DHL asking if I would consent to no signature.  I know on my last couple I got in I didn't have to pay tax as they listed the price at $200. 

This is the same for me, and no tax as well. It has been released by customs, and will be here tomorrow. I can honestly say
that I'm surprised at how fast the shipping is. It is actually pushing me back on my schedule to have the room ready for their
arrival. So far, I'm very pleased.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ameador1

Activity: 124
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:21:05 AM

Either keep searching for a hash board replacement or just live with it. You should be drawing less power so it's like owning an 8TH miner instead of 12TH. The power density should be the same. It will just take you longer to breakeven.

Yeah, it's probably a little less efficient overall - I mean - I'm getting 2/3 hash power, but I doubt that I'm getting 2/3 power use - probably a little higher than 2/3 power - making (TH/s)/KWh worse. But, agreed, probably not much difference. I think I may still be able to get it exchanged though. My supplier has been nearly impossible to reach, but I think it is due to Chinese New Year. I managed to get in contact with him since I posted. I have another question of him before shipping back - but waiting for him to come online again.

But, it has been a learning experience. I don't know about Bitmain - but like I said, PangolinMiner will not only snub you on the warranty - but even if willing to pay them to do repairs or pay them to buy a hash board - they simply will not respond. I could accept them not honoring the warranty - they state it on their web page, but not supporting customers who are willing to pay is BS! Pathetic business practices! I can't wait until Japan, the US, etc. have companies, who have some concept of customer service, come onto the scene. Whoever does it first with a good product will destroy crap companies like this!
TheShire

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:09:26 PM

Paid my £292 import duty and tax !!

They arrive from the local depot tomorrow

Need to make some coin and get some more miners

Excited clueless Noob
D1NG0

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:42:26 PM

https://pangolinminer.com/557-2/

M3
Shipping Feb 28: $1350
Shipping Mar 30: $1188
Shipping Apr 30: $1022

Will anyone be buying these now?  Undecided

Just imagine the fire sale when the new dies come out.
marathonic

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:28:00 PM

https://pangolinminer.com/557-2/

M3
Shipping Feb 28: $1350
Shipping Mar 30: $1188
Shipping Apr 30: $1022

Will anyone be buying these now?  Undecided

Just imagine the fire sale when the new dies come out.

Regarding the April 30th batch, I wouldn't like to see the payback time for a 12th/s unit consuming 2000 watts  come May.

At $0.10 electricity, it'd cost $4.80 per day to run. It'll make $10.71, or $5.91 profit, per day after paying that at today's difficulty level.

If we assume a 35% increase in difficulty by May, you'll make $7.93, or $3.13 profit, per day on day 1 and this will decrease significantly through time.

Even with free electricity, $7.93 per day decreasing by about 15% every month takes 6 months to make back the cost of the unit - and this is a highly optimistic scenario of free electricity and excluding the cost of delivery, import taxes and the risk of encountering issues with the unit.

At the start of the second year, with 15% monthly difficulty increase, you'd be earning less than $1.50 per day excluding electricity costs.
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:18:48 PM

Received my 2 M3's today, and I'm very pleased with the delivery process. It took just under 48hrs, from Pangolinminer in
china, to my door step in Michigan. All of the emails I received were informative, and the courier (DHL) was very accurate
with their text notifications.

I've gotta say, the packaging department at Pangolinminer, are indeed doing a good job! Very nice! First impressions of the
M3, is very nice as well. Everything looks as it should, and the included power supply looks robust. Also includes a 300/500
volt c13 power cord. I can't wait to get it set up and running! I will update to this thread how everything works out.

Packaging:

The M3. Notice they have removed the labeling. I don't know why. I see no sign of usage, other than a QC sticker.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
Raymond_B

Activity: 504
Merit: 71

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:24:29 PM

Received my 2 M3's today, and I'm very pleased with the delivery process. It took just under 48hrs, from Pangolinminer in
china, to my door step in Michigan. All of the emails I received were informative, and the courier (DHL) was very accurate
with their text notifications.

I've gotta say, the packaging department at Pangolinminer, are indeed doing a good job! Very nice! First impressions of the
M3, is very nice as well. Everything looks as it should, and the included power supply looks robust. Also includes a 300/500
volt c13 power cord. I can't wait to get it set up and running! I will update to this thread how everything works out.

Packaging:

The M3. Notice they have removed the labeling. I don't know why. I see no sign of usage, other than a QC sticker.

Yes, absolutely the exact same experience here in Texas. I also noticed the sticker being removed, odd. Great job Pangolinminer, THIS is how you build business!  Anyway I am also happy with DHL because I did not have to pay the 50+ dollar fee that UPS charged.

Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 08:51:03 PM

For you guys that just got your M3s, can you confirm that the 3 pin connector is reversed from the instructions? I know this is trivial, and I have seated the connector so it looks to be in place correctly. But I am OCD when it comes to instructions and I HATE it when what I have is different.

Here's the manual

And then here's what I have

Olds1967

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:16:51 AM

My two new M3's have stickers removed also.  My first couple had stickers on them in Chinese.  Looks like they removed them, but should have used a little Goo Gone, which is what I did. 

My first two are averaging around 12.1TH/s.  The second two have been running for about two hours and are pretty much the same.  I do see spurts of 13.5TH/s. 
Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:04:43 AM

For you guys that just got your M3s, can you confirm that the 3 pin connector is reversed from the instructions? I know this is trivial, and I have seated the connector so it looks to be in place correctly. But I am OCD when it comes to instructions and I HATE it when what I have is different.

Maybe the manual is incorrect. It connects in the same fashion as the fan header connection. The "slot" slides against the white
tab, and the 3 "metal windows" face the fan headers.

Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:54:35 AM

Maybe the manual is incorrect. It connects in the same fashion as the fan header connection. The "slot" slides against the white
tab, and the 3 "metal windows" face the fan headers.

Something must be up 'cause both mine are running really really hot. Right next to my S9s that are 69-72 deg C.

Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:01:51 AM

Something must be up 'cause both mine are running really really hot. Right next to my S9s that are 69-72 deg C.

I'm not saying there isn't, but remember, these little beasts are pushing 2000w of power. The reaction of all that hashing energy,
is heat. Just monitor it, and make sure it doesn't go much higher. I'm welcoming the extra heat here in Snowmans land! Hahaha!

Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:03:50 AM

I'm not saying there isn't, but remember, these little beasts are pushing 2000w of power. The reaction of all that hashing energy,
is heat. Just monitor it, and make sure it doesn't go much higher. I'm welcoming the extra heat here in Snowmans land! Hahaha!

Yeah, but these are bouncing off 86C. But it does say wait 15 min while it runs through its test cycle so I will.

Shazam!!!

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:27:20 AM

Yeah, but these are bouncing off 86C. But it does say wait 15 min while it runs through its test cycle so I will.

Took this snip from Haggsfin's review thread:

Snip:
Hi . I have bought one . But i have problem in this miner it reboot automatically after few minutes and never reach 9.3th . Also the fans speed are too slow its 1290 in , so the temperature adjust to over 80C and then after few minutes it shut down and reebot automatically . Whats the problem with this whatsminer M3 ??

I had the same issue with mine, I’ve added a vent bracket and a direct 3m duct outside, this has solved the shutdown issues, it’s still running at 83degrees, 11.5/th

Olds1967

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:29:11 AM

All my M3's are usually sitting at about 83.5 to 85c.  Right above them in the rack I have two S9's that are seeing highs around 59c.  Above that are two A741's and they show 33c/75c.  The cold side of the room is around 22c.  I haven't noticed any problems so far.

Also all my units have a 6" diameter duct going out though the wall into the hot side of my mining room. 

My fans are running around 4k.
Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:28:40 AM

All my M3's are usually sitting at about 83.5 to 85c.  Right above them in the rack I have two S9's that are seeing highs around 59c.  Above that are two A741's and they show 33c/75c.  The cold side of the room is around 22c.  I haven't noticed any problems so far.

Also all my units have a 6" diameter duct going out though the wall into the hot side of my mining room. 

My fans are running around 4k.

Thank you, mine are in that range too. I did not realize how hot these ran in comparison to the Antminers. But like Shazam!!! said they are pushing over 2k watts.

The logic of their software is interesting too, it looks like they will hash as fast as 85C will allow and then back off. Avg is almost 12 TH/s though so just as advertised.

Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:29:40 AM

Took this snip from Haggsfin's review thread:

Snip:
Hi . I have bought one . But i have problem in this miner it reboot automatically after few minutes and never reach 9.3th . Also the fans speed are too slow its 1290 in , so the temperature adjust to over 80C and then after few minutes it shut down and reebot automatically . Whats the problem with this whatsminer M3 ??

I had the same issue with mine, I’ve added a vent bracket and a direct 3m duct outside, this has solved the shutdown issues, it’s still running at 83degrees, 11.5/th

Yeah, I saw his review and went through some pages, I need to take my own advice and search better Smiley

ternzer

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:25:58 AM

got mine today too. Ran well for about 2 hours. When to change the pools and did a reboot. Now it wont start. I can access the web page but it Just says waiting for Cgminer to start. let it sit for 10 minutes and it is so hot i can hardly touch it.
Looks like i will be checking with them on the warranty. Unfortunate after waiting 4 weeks for this thing.
Raymond_B

Just Getting Started...

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:29:53 AM

got mine today too. Ran well for about 2 hours. When to change the pools and did a reboot. Now it wont start. I can access the web page but it Just says waiting for Cgminer to start. let it sit for 10 minutes and it is so hot i can hardly touch it.
Looks like i will be checking with them on the warranty. Unfortunate after waiting 4 weeks for this thing.

Try doing a full reset. Like I mentioned previously, these things are past being a space heater, they are full on blow torches Smiley So yes they get so hot you can hardly touch them. I actually had to remove the 6" duct adapters my buddy made as the 85C heat deformed them. I need to check and see what material he used.

ternzer

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:50:37 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 01:20:40 PM by ternzer

Thanks for the idea. I tried a reset but it didnt work. The status screen is all blanks.
this is in the CGminer spot on the overview page - unknown(waiting cgminer to start)

I have tried the restart CGminer button in the system tab but no luck.

I got a good 2 hours at 11.6 T/s. now nothing.  Huh

the logs appear to indicate that the miner and the cores are OK. Has anyone tried to re-load the firmware or CGminer? The firmware on their site is older than the one in the miner.

Has anyone tried to submit a ticket on their site? I did open a ticket. Or is there a better way to ask about support/warranty?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: