Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Amazon Integrate Bitcoin?  (Read 3711 times)
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:29:51 PM

Yes they can, They have professional software engineer's that can handle the programming stuff's and it will be depending on the ceo if they will implement a bitcoin transaction in their website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cazemiro

Activity: 252
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

I believe in the future, but now is so difficult, because of volatility! The BTC is so young, we need to learn and trust in this way of payment.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:30:51 AM

Since paypal is basically ebay owned and not accepted at amazon it does make sense they might incorporate a crypto as a way to attack paypal. Maybe they will launch amazon coin we will see.

Paypal and Ebay are two separate companies for a long time now. Amazon has never included Paypal because Amazon considers Paypal as a competitor directly and not directly. If you use Amazon you have noticed this company is not accepting any payment processor. They accept only Visa/Mastercard, gift cards, etc.
They have already Amazon Payment that they struggle to be adopted so I don't think they are ready to create their coin anytime soon.
If amazon will start its own coin that will not be so successful because people already have a emerging coin that gives a lot to the people and that’s the main reason bitcoin is accepted by the amazon and this will give amazon extension for surviving in the upcoming era and more to it this is an ease to the bitcoin use that they can shop from amazon without any worry and in future many other stores will accept btc.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:17:44 AM

This news make bitcoin price increase a lot. Bitcoin will reach 10k$ soon.
Yes, that will be more than wonderful thing if you people can think of it and we will be seeing this happening all around us. Amazon is so much famous and when something less valuable attach with high fame thing, both will get the profit. So bitcoin will be getting same amazing response as this news will become true. Bitcoin will definitely moving towards more profit.
aleksabat

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:41:31 AM

It is a payment system, so of course it can. The question is do they need it? it has unstable movements  in the price all the time, so there is no point to do that in the closest time

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:34:44 AM

Amazon can do whatever they want it is completely up to them. I would highly recommend that they do this to start stashing reserves of Bitcoin however there is a big spotlight on them so if they start doing that I'm sure the government will want to know how much they're getting in taxes because of where their headquarters are located. Maybe they'll go all virtual.
According to the recent studies Amazon has the biggest market share of up to 38% in sale sector and hence it is the biggest e-commerce Company known. they have their own complete set of rules but I think that it really is not a good option for the Bitcoin users due to heavy amount of taxes to be paid via transaction services provided by them as well as the security regarding personal information is not up to the mark.

In spite of all these realities it is quite possible that Amazon would be able to Amalgamate all the Bitcoins together  earning a lot of profit  because of its illegal nature and no involvement of government at any level  indeed.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:38:34 AM

It is a payment system, so of course it can. The question is do they need it? it has unstable movements  in the price all the time, so there is no point to do that in the closest time

Unstable price movements won't impact amazon at all.

Please keep in your mind that if Amazon is going to accept bitcoin, they will do it through a 3rd party channel such as bitpay, which converts the BTC to fiat at the rate of the buy point.
Which means that you pay with bitcoins, but amazon gets fiat, they are not open to any changes in the bitcoin price.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:01:57 AM

I think integrating bitcoin to amazon can happen anytime soon. Surely amazon look into bitcoin as a good market for their business with this technology more people will love buying onlines the market of amazon will increase and they will also benefited with the fluctuations with results to appreciation of bitcoin they don't just earn from selling they will also have the opportunity in earnings thru holding of bitcoins they will receive.
For sure the Amazon is being use for the betterment of the bitcoin and this is the reason why all the people hold the bitcoin and in the future all the people will get in the bitcoin and you will see how fast the bitcoin is getting I n the case of the Amazon I hope for the best and I will see the bitcoin is growing more and I hope the value and the value of the bitcoin will grow more and more I will increase this is the best time for the bitcoin I hope this will increase the value of the bitcoin with of the bitcoin.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:08:48 AM

I think integrating bitcoin to amazon can happen anytime soon. Surely amazon look into bitcoin as a good market for their business with this technology more people will love buying onlines the market of amazon will increase and they will also benefited with the fluctuations with results to appreciation of bitcoin they don't just earn from selling they will also have the opportunity in earnings thru holding of bitcoins they will receive.
For sure the Amazon is being use for the betterment of the bitcoin and this is the reason why all the people hold the bitcoin and in the future all the people will get in the bitcoin and you will see how fast the bitcoin is getting I n the case of the Amazon I hope for the best and I will see the bitcoin is growing more and I hope the value and the value of the bitcoin will grow more and more I will increase this is the best time for the bitcoin I hope this will increase the value of the bitcoin with of the bitcoin.

Well I see it to be a better effect of bitcoin when integrated to amazon, hopefully it's happening in sooner time. Yeah that's a good market for business and I am sure that it will make the demand of bitcoin to rise even more. Fluctuations will always be there and we shouldn't be worried because it already existed since the beginning of bitcoin's journey towards trading and investments. I'd love to hear more progress with amazon's adoption on digital currency and that's a certain visions that will make progressive outcomes of bitcoin as more years to come will be more valuable always.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:04:52 PM

Please keep in your mind that if Amazon is going to accept bitcoin, they will do it through a 3rd party channel such as bitpay, which converts the BTC to fiat at the rate of the buy point.
Which means that you pay with bitcoins, but amazon gets fiat, they are not open to any changes in the bitcoin price.

That's a possibility, but it's also possible for them to keep a certain percentage of the Bitcoins.
Overstock is doing that and keeping around 50% of all Bitcoin payments they receive, perhaps there are other companies that are doing the same.

I'd really like to see some statistics on Bitcoin payments from other companies, if usage is too low then I don't see Amazon accepting Bitcoin in the near future.

tj4dmx

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:21:48 PM

Yes,why not !
Such adoption will be a landmark for bitcoin !
NeoTech42

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:24:57 PM

Expedia has been already accepted Bitcoin so why not Amazon !
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:42:04 AM

That's a possibility, but it's also possible for them to keep a certain percentage of the Bitcoins.
Overstock is doing that and keeping around 50% of all Bitcoin payments they receive, perhaps there are other companies that are doing the same.

I'd really like to see some statistics on Bitcoin payments from other companies, if usage is too low then I don't see Amazon accepting Bitcoin in the near future.

Yes this can be bad example if most of the companies dont have that much buy/sell with bitcoin, like you mentioned. And if amazon is looking that way then i dont think that this or the next year will be good for them to accept bitcoin as payment. More likely it will 2019 or 2020 and besides them think that eBay will follow to.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:21:27 PM

Amazon is really big company, so I'm confidently sure that it can be able to adapt or implement bitcoin without any problems. This could be a way for it's competitors to do the same thing because it will increase Amazon's sales if they are the only one that offers this kind of service.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:27:45 PM

Amazon can easily integrate or adapt bitcoin to their business because they just need to add a new mode of payment or option and that is bitcoin and after that  then they can easily accept bitcoin as a payment and one thing for sure is, it is really easy to setup a wallet for the payments that will be made in bitcoin so there will be no problem for amazon to accept bitcoin.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:57:15 PM

Highly possible, Steam did it 2 years ago, Amazon should have already added it but just not yet...
But they need to consider so many thing since Paypal already used for payment method in amazon since then which people oftenly said that Paypal is the only real competitors for bitcoin leading the digital payment
in this world.
But they consideration will be whether the integration with bitcoin could bring them benefits or just merely disadvantage, they will make their own decision.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:36:50 PM

I am convinced that for Amazon, attracting bitcoin users is a potential gold mine. However, for the moment it is completely impossible for them to use such currency as bitcoin is either illegal or simply ignored by most governments.

Amazon, even though they do not have much trouble to play with taxes and working conditions, using their international network, still must abide by the law everywhere it pursues transactions.

Therefore, time is not right at the moment for them to go into bitcoin. But sure, they are looking for a way to make profit with it!

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:58:59 PM

It's pretty strange they haven't done it before. Amazon is at the cutting edge ecommerce.
Some other websites allow crypto payments years ago. Don't know what they wait for. Maybe they wany to develop their own crypto on the blockchain, who knows? Smiley

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:31:10 PM

It's pretty strange they haven't done it before. Amazon is at the cutting edge ecommerce.
Some other websites allow crypto payments years ago. Don't know what they wait for. Maybe they wany to develop their own crypto on the blockchain, who knows? Smiley

You seems not aware that bitcoin can be used in amazon or not I cannot understand. I see that you are not much knowledge about purse.io because still you can able to buy anythings using purse to access in amazon site.
There was an announcement about the bitcoin payment api in amazon but not yet added.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:22:55 PM

You seems not aware that bitcoin can be used in amazon or not I cannot understand. I see that you are not much knowledge about purse.io because still you can able to buy anythings using purse to access in amazon site.
There was an announcement about the bitcoin payment api in amazon but not yet added.
He's not talking about third party services or resellers of Amazon gift cards. He was specifically talking about shops that have Bitcoin payment gateways integrated into their own website directly. Which Amazon does not, as he correctly pointed out.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: