Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:23:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Amazon Integrate Bitcoin?  (Read 3714 times)
shaadsufi

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:26:33 AM

There was some news regarding Amazon and bitcoin a few weeks ago, no the integration of Amazon and bitcoin is not possible but the other hand Amazon is already working on integrating blockchain technology to its data centers to prevent loss of data for customers and increase security
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:53:18 PM

maybe. If amazon decides to put electronic money into payment for the purchase of goods. will be one of the things that make electronic money spread

mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:22:34 PM

There was some news regarding Amazon and bitcoin a few weeks ago, no the integration of Amazon and bitcoin is not possible but the other hand Amazon is already working on integrating blockchain technology to its data centers to prevent loss of data for customers and increase security

I've read about that too, in fact i think Amazon has also other concerns about bitcoin and why not to accept it.
Amazon, just like any other merchant, needs stable payment option which is widely available to all customers.
Crypto hasn't gone that mainstream so far, so i guess Amazon will just launch something on their own, and maybe as the time goes we will see some options to pay with crypto.
droptableguy2

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:37:15 PM

I've read about that too, in fact i think Amazon has also other concerns about bitcoin and why not to accept it.
Amazon, just like any other merchant, needs stable payment option which is widely available to all customers.
Crypto hasn't gone that mainstream so far, so i guess Amazon will just launch something on their own, and maybe as the time goes we will see some options to pay with crypto.
Your information is very good. I also think amazon also have their own strategies, their own policies. I also think they will have their own solutions and solutions. Hope we will see something new, from amazon. That is my opinion.

Lion_ashy

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:59:11 PM

Lol what exactly are they waiting for since all these while?  This is a good time for them to still adopt bitcoin though.  Just my little opinion.
DOLONCHAPA

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:59:59 PM

I don't think so . Because amazon is a giant company and have a millions costumer,just imagine it if their costumer using BTC and the price is down. What will happen ? What's the answer? Although bitcoins have a huge popularity at the present time. But  at least for now they will not integrate it until it's a bit stable or until it find it place. On the other hand there is no option to refund if there create any mistake . So that's may be the another point. 
Reagan_alvaro

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:21:48 PM

I think in a few years it would be weird if they would not accept cryptocurrency when doing the policy. But we should not underestimate the power of US and central bank establishment, they can always make some problems.
While amazon put itself in the market as an innovative company. They've invested big money for drones and they will take part in megacity reconstruction in the Saudi Arabia desert.
Skyenet

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:14:40 PM

I guess that I have already heard something like that that you can already make your payments for the good text you have bought from the Amazon and pay them with your bitcoin wallet.
airdrophunter

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:18:56 AM

That's very possible because there are so many big industries that are already accepting bitcoin or cryptocurrencies for their products like Steam, Dish Network, Wikipedia, and even Microsoft are just one of the industries out there who are into blockchain technologies.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
jcojci

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:27:08 AM

actually, Amazon can easily to integrate their payment system with bitcoin but I think they need to learn more about bitcoin so they are sure that their decision to add bitcoin as the payment can give another solution for their customer. and soon, if everything is set up, Amazon will add bitcoin so we can buy something that we want in the Amazon and we don't have to use a credit card or debit card or paypal to pay.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:39:51 AM

That's very possible because there are so many big industries that are already accepting bitcoin or cryptocurrencies for their products like Steam, Dish Network, Wikipedia, and even Microsoft are just one of the industries out there who are into blockchain technologies.
right, is possible. we know bitcoin in the development stage and if many custumer amazon are using btc, or there is a request for it I think amazon will do it too
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:57:56 AM

I guess they can not. Because Bitcoin is anonymously wholly. They run the bitcoin in silence and nobody knows who they are. The founder of Bitcoin was quiet and never wanted to reveal his personal information to the world. so Amazon can not find the cooperation.

cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:45:59 AM

I am believe if bitcoin regulated by government and accepted as currency or payment, many merchant will integrate with bitcoin. They will take advantages on bitcoin because cryptocurrency market value always increasing.
johnmartinda

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:34:52 AM

There was a rumour that amazon is going to start using bitcoin and provide bitcoins for sale also.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:45:04 AM

Amazon is the largest e-commerce marketplace globally, and within a span of few years, it has quadrupled its market cap to $532 billion. It processes an unprecedented amount of orders and hence, the integration of payment technology or digital currency would require a prudent testing process and cautious implementation.

At this point, the demand for bitcoin is evidently increasing at an exponential rate, as the price of bitcoin recently surpassed the $7,000 mark for the first time in history. But, the scalability issues of bitcoin cannot be dismissed, since the size of the bitcoin mempool has increased back up to 50 million and the block size has remained above 1.04 MB in the past few days.

Currently, some of the most widely utilized bitcoin wallet platforms such as Blockchain and Coinbase are recommending transaction fees above $1. With SegWit-enabled wallets, the fees would likely be below $0.7, since as hardware wallet manufacturer Ledger stated, SegWit provides at least 35 percent reduction in transaction fees.

But, Amazon cannot expect general consumers or beginner bitcoin users to use SegWit-enabled wallet and enjoy lower fees, and in the short-term, the company may receive complaints in regards to high fees.

Read more here...

The recent buzz on the possibility that soon Amazon can be adopting Bitcoin as one of their medium of exchange or transactions is sending excitement all over. This can be a holy grail we are all waiting for. However, there are those who seriously look into the matter and concluded that there are still some big hurdles that have to be ironed out before Amazon would really start working for this dreamed adoption.

I am sure that all of us here are already familiar with that one big hindrance and we are also complaining about this since time immemorial. We keep on hoping that soon this thing can be given the right solution as paying a high transfer rate is actually not what Bitcoin is made for. Maybe Amazon is really just waiting for the right time to come and take Bitcoin but for now they must have concluded to temporary shelve the whole idea for reasons we already know.

No they don’t even have to. I don’t know why people are still talking about this, thought that people can make use of purse.io to buy whatever they need from Amazon, even with some discount, so why are they still talking about Amazon accepting Bitcoin? Makes no sense.

And it’s not a must you will make use of Bitcoin to buy whatever you need, you can also change the Bitcoin to fiat and buy what you need from Amazon.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:25:25 AM

Amazon don't specifically need to implement Bitcoin as a crypto payment option in their marketplace. Bitcoin just happens to be the most popular cryptocoin at the moment. Amazon, for example, could develop their own token called AmazonCoin or something and run it off-chain with 0 transaction fees. I think the biggest question is if there is going to be demand for new payment options. How many people know about purse.io? Not many I guess. But if Amazon offered a direct way of paying with cryptos on their marketplace without any middlemen like purse.io I think the general interest would be much higher. I think demand dictates what will be featured and what not. Expedia recently removed Bitcoin as a payment option on their website, because the interest of their customers was deemed low.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 07:21:53 AM

maybe. If amazon decides to put electronic money into payment for the purchase of goods. will be one of the things that make electronic money spread
We are discussing on the same topic that Amazon is a company and online service which will adopt the Bitcoin nearly and it will soon. This action will provide customers of Amazon to pay in digital system of using the Bitcoin as payment mode. This will increase the demand of people for the Bitcoin. Similarly other companies are also benefiting with Bitcoin and this is a valuable decision for Amazon.
Samaaliu

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:51:23 AM

I hope to see this kind of large online stores integrating Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies into their business someday. It will help to widen up the crypto space with more investment.
Dowrich80

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:33:10 PM

It is not possible for Amazon to integrate bitcoin into its company's services until and unless the American governments do not lift the sanction on bitcoin to be circulated and adopted by the masses of the American population, being one of the most valuable American companies Amazon  has this objection
localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 06:02:39 PM

Amazon won't integrate bitcoin in the coming months the reason is Amazon may develop their own blockchain in place of bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: