Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:50:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Ryman

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:48:58 PM

After a long chat with a user he just simply open my eyes and my mind, now I start to believe more in this project
I love Electroneum Kiss
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:16:06 PM

Is there a working wallet for etn yet

Yes, you have three options :-

1. Online wallet - You first have to create a wallet through a browser on the main site (https://my.electroneum.com/) and this can then be accessed by the website or native application thereafter.  FAQ - https://support.electroneum.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003820451-Creating-an-Account.
2. CLI wallet - Download the direct mining software which includes the wallet software(https://downloads.electroneum.com/).  
3. paper wallet - Generate a paper wallet at https://downloads.electroneum.com/  and this can be imported into the two options above.

I have used all three and they are working fine for me.  There has been much discussion about issues with the online wallet, please don't muddy the water guys, but just try the online wallet and play around with small amounts to make sure it works for you.  The easiest option is the online wallet as it provides a simple to use GUI.

If you found this helpful then please use my referral code 863D4C but remember to use your referral code later ;-)

The web based wallet at the ETN main site works fine. As do paper wallets of course. But so far no CLI or gui version that works.
Thanks for the info I no this coin can be successful my biggest concern is getting my coins off the exchange and into a wallet I control

If you want to be in total then go with option 2.  There are plenty of guides online and it works very well!
leftover_potato

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:46:11 PM

Yes, you have three options :-

1. Online wallet - You first have to create a wallet through a browser on the main site (https://my.electroneum.com/) and this can then be accessed by the website or native application thereafter.  FAQ - https://support.electroneum.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003820451-Creating-an-Account.
2. CLI wallet - Download the direct mining software which includes the wallet software(https://downloads.electroneum.com/).  
3. paper wallet - Generate a paper wallet at https://downloads.electroneum.com/  and this can be imported into the two options above.

I have used all three and they are working fine for me.  There has been much discussion about issues with the online wallet, please don't muddy the water guys, but just try the online wallet and play around with small amounts to make sure it works for you.  The easiest option is the online wallet as it provides a simple to use GUI.

If you found this helpful then please use my referral code 863D4C but remember to use your referral code later ;-)

The web based wallet at the ETN main site works fine. As do paper wallets of course. But so far no CLI or gui version that works.
Thanks for the info I no this coin can be successful my biggest concern is getting my coins off the exchange and into a wallet I control

go with paper wallet! i used to have it before i migrate all to web wallet or exchanges for trades.
xzentorxz

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:24:57 PM

HODL!!!

After the information from the team, the right option we have is to hold the coin until their coin is listed some other exchanges. The coin price will increase only when they release mobile mining app.
True
Yeap , the mobile mining app is like " the coin itself".... if they will not release a working and easy to use app, this project will fail.
I am a supporter of the project, but i dont care too much about what partnership we have or in what exchange we are , if we still dont have a working app.
A working and easy to use app is the only value of this project. Because without that , there are a lot of other coin that do their job way better than electroneum coin.
And the app should be fast too, not like the actual web wallet , that is slow and not very friendly. First time i see "id" in a coin that should be EASY TO USE. Its not easy compared to other coins ...and trust me, i have used a lot of coins.
Only when the app will be released we will see the real value of this coin. Exchanges and partnership are just news and nothing more.
Personal Opinion

Sometimes is all about the Signature Campaign nothing more because there is no sense in what you saying exchange partnership and news is everything
Where is the OP? I thought this is a self-moderated topic! Look like one Roll Eyes
I repeat , the value of this coin is the app.
If it will be easy to use and fast , the coin will have success. If not , it will fall . This is a very fast growing and aggressive market. Projects come out every day, and more will come. A lot will fail, others will be overcome by new projects. And so on.... its the market law.
As i said, i am personally only waiting for the app. I am a holder and dont care about exchanges,news or partnership. I am only focused on the project itself

if the value of a cryptocurrency is a centralized hosted app, i wouldnt give it a month of survival. You could just use paypal for this and properly have less fees. In my opinion the value of this coin is purly marketing, they manage to get good deals and heat up the masses.

First Electroneum GUI Wallet (open source): https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet/releases
Discussion (reddit): https://goo.gl/8488Cp
Ryman

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:35:32 PM

if the value of a cryptocurrency is a centralized hosted app, i wouldnt give it a month of survival. You could just use paypal for this and properly have less fees. In my opinion the value of this coin is purly marketing, they manage to get good deals and heat up the masses.

I agree with you no marketing no value of this coin
ColdEmbrace

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:38:22 PM

One of my biggest regret in Crypto is not investing into Electroneum Sad
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

Theres still time at these prices
XmasJohn08

Activity: 459
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

I can sell you some coins if you want

new24core

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:07:50 PM

FUD - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1147508;sa=showPosts

Ryman

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:40:15 PM

I'm sitting on 19000 etn with 1800 usdt prepare to buy at any time but what you do?
CryptoWhaler

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:21:51 PM

HODL!!!

After the information from the team, the right option we have is to hold the coin until their coin is listed some other exchanges. The coin price will increase only when they release mobile mining app.
True
Yeap , the mobile mining app is like " the coin itself".... if they will not release a working and easy to use app, this project will fail.
I am a supporter of the project, but i dont care too much about what partnership we have or in what exchange we are , if we still dont have a working app.
A working and easy to use app is the only value of this project. Because without that , there are a lot of other coin that do their job way better than electroneum coin.
And the app should be fast too, not like the actual web wallet , that is slow and not very friendly. First time i see "id" in a coin that should be EASY TO USE. Its not easy compared to other coins ...and trust me, i have used a lot of coins.
Only when the app will be released we will see the real value of this coin. Exchanges and partnership are just news and nothing more.
Personal Opinion

Sometimes is all about the Signature Campaign nothing more because there is no sense in what you saying exchange partnership and news is everything
Where is the OP? I thought this is a self-moderated topic! Look like one Roll Eyes
If it will be easy to use and fast , the coin will have success. If not , it will fall . This is a very fast growing and aggressive market. Projects come out every day, and more will come. A lot will fail, others will be overcome by new projects. And so on.... its the market law.
As i said, i am personally only waiting for the app. I am a holder and dont care about exchanges,news or partnership. I am only focused on the project itself

I agree, but technology alone will not make this coin a success.  You have to have real world deals with mobile carriers to catapult large adoption.  There is plenty of money in the kitty to deal with any technical problems ;-)

Real world deals will only come with a good product and for this coin, its the app.

If the app will be successful, then more partnerships with mobile carriers and other strategic investors will be agreed and then this project snowballs.

So MaxiCripto is very right when he says the success of Electroneum is tied to the app.

Krakatoa87

Activity: 113

Akroma.ovh | Ether1.ovh EU/US/ASIA Mining Pools

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:28:29 PM

Hello, I have 2 important questions that should concern every ETN miners and users, and I hope I will have answers!

1/ Where the hell are more than half of the network hashrate? If it's in only one place, it should be a big concern for everybody (especially regarding question 2).

2/ How is it possible that some blocks appears to be mined many minutes before other blocks that have a lower high.

For example: block 124870 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/b8869738a22d0dc1c7ec0dfbf70ba3e2e08fc0fe9b952d98f851549fc1564012 was mined 40 minutes before block 124869 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/e5cac39f32ac6178addc758af4e0250dec28d674251f1925d7af4f3bbd3fcba5 which should not be possible. In fact, it appears that block 124870 was mined directly after block 124840 https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/block/b480c6221526c210510b076124bde7463a743b5a2356666db03e48cc68cc91eb
This phenomenon has been occurring several times a day for the past few days.

It's very worrying.

1/ https://etn.nanopool.org/ + https://etn.spacepools.org/ > 50%

2/ A block can only be added at the end of the blockchain, so they are always mined in order, that means the dates are simply wrong. A blockchain has no time consensus, so the dates dont need to be accurate, the only "time consensus" a blockchain has is the heigt. Thats why updates will be released at a block height X and not at a time X. Im not sure how they measure the timestamp on a transaction but i asume the miner just puts his server timestamp in, which dont has to be accurate at all.

I assume you thinking about 51% attacks. With those attacks you can replace the block by mining with more then 50% hashrate, but you keep them secret. So you wouldnt see the increased difficulty anyway ,because the solved blocks would not be released to the global blockchain. After time X you will always have the longer blockchain (because you solved more blocks) wich is accepted by the global blockchain, so you would just suddenly see the end of the blockchain removed and replaced with something else. But even these added blocks will be in chronological order.

So lets say a big company which owns a lot of hashing power makes a deal with nanopool (or they get hacked by the company). You would first see a huge decrease in difficulty, because nanopool would be not releasing their blocks, but they could keep the miners in the dark about it, give them all the money they want, because its gona be reversed anyway. Then they make their scam deals and release the longer blockchain, which would be accepted globaly. Not to easy but since their is a lot of centralization with ETN mining (most of it because of lack of knowlege) it is not impossible. In the beginning of ETN mining one pool even had 97% of the hashing power.

TL;DR The timestamp is not reliable, only the block height is and its impossible to add blocks inbetween
1/ Well most of the time it is barely >50% or <50%

2/Ok that make sense. But what I also find disturbing is, from what I saw, these blocks with a wrong timestamp never have any user's transaction in them...

new24core

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:46 PM

HODL!!!

True
Personal Opinion

I agree, but technology alone will not make this coin a success.  You have to have real world deals with mobile carriers to catapult large adoption.  There is plenty of money in the kitty to deal with any technical problems ;-)

Real world deals will only come with a good product and for this coin, its the app.

If the app will be successful, then more partnerships with mobile carriers and other strategic investors will be agreed and then this project snowballs.

So MaxiCripto is very right when he says the success of Electroneum is tied to the app.

I agree but there are also many other factors and hence technology/app alone will not make this coin a success.
new24core

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:57:14 PM

I'm sitting on 19000 etn with 1800 usdt prepare to buy at any time but what you do?

I support people who need help and I also mine the coin.
callkiller

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:30:42 PM

HODL!!!

True
Personal Opinion

I think as soon as the app is launched these business MOU's will put pen to paper and make it official. I think that's why the ETN team need to get it working flawlessly before they release it. A proper working mobile mining ETN app is the difference between this project shooting to the moon or falling to earth with a bump and I have every faith that they'll get it right hence the delay in releasing the miner.
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:46:16 PM

HODL!!!

True
Personal Opinion

I think as soon as the app is launched these business MOU's will put pen to paper and make it official. I think that's why the ETN team need to get it working flawlessly before they release it. A proper working mobile mining ETN app is the difference between this project shooting to the moon or falling to earth with a bump and I have every faith that they'll get it right hence the delay in releasing the miner.

Indeed. This is why I do not understand why people are rushing. If they mess up the launch of the mobile miner, we will not moon and there will be a lot more annoyed people than the impatient few posting here demanding their 100x return  Tongue
callkiller

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:02:15 PM

Indeed. This is why I do not understand why people are rushing. If they mess up the launch of the mobile miner, we will not moon and there will be a lot more annoyed people than the impatient few posting here demanding their 100x return  Tongue
Exactly, slow and steady wins the race Wink
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:20:08 AM

I think it is too early to tell how successful this coin can become. As an investor of course I want it to succeed, and hope they start providing more info on how partnerships will work, more exchanges start listing ETN, etc. I just think too many people want to become rich overnight, and sure, maybe some other ICOs have been more successful with their price increase giving investors a massive profit, but how many years did it take BTC to get to the level it's at? (and I don't believe ETN can reach BTC levels). Yes, there have been glitches along the way, but we just have to wait.
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:09:44 AM

WTF Cryptopia, looks like they got no bank account. Whats happening in NZ?

Dear Valued Customer,

Unfortunately, our current bank has notified us that they intend to close our NZDT account on 9 February. Due to this, we are announcing an immediate halt to NZDT deposits from COB today and we are asking all customers to cease sending NZD deposits to our NZDT account.

We will continue to send withdrawals up until the 9th of February if you wish to withdraw your NZDT balance. We will also place a significant sell wall on the BTC/NZDT market at a very competitive market rate to enable any users currently holding NZDT to be able to convert this to BTC at the best rates available in NZ.

Due to the extremely short notice from the bank (and little opportunity to present our case and provide compliance documentation to demonstrate our commitment to the applicable regulations), we believe this is the best course of action to protect our users.

While we are working hard to secure alternative banking services, we have to prepare for the possibility that there may be a period of time between this closure and being able to provide these services again in future.

Rest assured, Cryptopia is committed to ensuring our users remain the top priority and have access to their funds at all times. This notice is a precautionary measure and we remain hopeful that we will be able to resolve this prior to the 9th February deadline with either an extension from our current bank, or an alternative solution to ensure you can continue to trade using NZDT.

We are focused on securing lasting and open relationships with bank providers so that this will not happen again in future. Whilst some exchanges choose to operate by opening bank accounts without being transparent (and running these until they get shut down), we believe this exposes us and our customers to greater risk and uncertainty.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this causes you whilst we work hard to resolve this challenge.

Best wishes The Cryptopia Team
nikochanbtc

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:13:18 AM

What is the commission to withdraw from the wallet to the stock exchange?
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: