Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:29:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kepas

Activity: 426
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:37:46 PM

The ETN Network Hash rate has jumped 100 and we are now at 407MH/s!!!!!!!

Monero, which ETN is based on, had this hash rate on 15th December 2017.

When mobile miner is released and people understand approach from following video the hashrate will jump.

it's a botnet... the virus that mines on processors all over the world.
earlier that virus mined only monero (this can be seen from the hashpower) and now it got to ETN.
sereneticelectrons

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:18:47 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 02:39:15 AM by sereneticelectrons

@contraband:
I know that it is hard to deal with upset users, especially when you obviously are fed yourself only with snippets what is going on.
I just have to address this one more time: The technical performance of the dev team is inferior.

You (I mean the whole Electroneum team Cheesy) earned nearly 40millions and are not able to provide top notch network infrastructure and security ?
That is what I really don´t understand.

Hiring good developers would have been a good idea months back, including Pros like the Amazon guys. There are plenty of mechanism, ready to use, which deal about every security concern which gets brought up. You got flooded by a bot net - there are plenty of DDoS Protection-services. Overloaded websites are not really state of the tech and with the use of good network infrastructure - well controllable.

The website was not secure at all, you implemented step by step further security boundries. That would have been necessary from the beginning.

The Linux scripts: They are just 1:1 copies, very lightly modified of Monero, there are still some Monero lines in the sources - mentioning "Monero". Even the electroneum-wallet-cli shows "Monero 'Helium Hydra' (v0.11.0.0-release)" No sign of real developement.
Just an approach of minimum investments to achieve the maximum goal.

The downloads page showed at the beginning some Miners (GPU ones) which were not usable. They were usable for Monero wallet addresses but NOT compatible with Electroneum ones. They quickly disappeared and were exchanged with ones which work.
I had to google to find working ones, which are Monero miners. Glad I found them but it would have been nice, if I would have been in the position from hour 0. I was online, but could mine only hours later.
Then the password changing mails and now the website is down. I tend to think that the team simply wasn´t ready for the deadline Nov 1st.

You see, most of my criticism is about the technical issues and the inexperience of the team, because those errors are poisonous for the image of the whole team and ICO. I still trust all of you, and that is why I believe in the coin. But sadly you made many many errors and took the dangers too lightly.

I really would encourage some technical guy to give statements about what happened, what was compromised and how this gonna be resolved. I am not willing to change my email passwd as it is secure, as long as you cannot give me infos, which mails or if all mail addresses have been stolen.

This post I quote is from November 3rd, and to this day I still have little confidence in the capability of Electroneum's technical team.  I see a young team, with little prior experience before entering the cryptocurrency space.  At launch I saw 3rd party mining pools working, while Electroneums official pools where down, with questions still not answered to this day regarding payments from official pools.   Please at this point, burn me to the ground in how wrong I am, that I missed new hires, more experienced devs coming in, etc.

I worry, as I normally evaluate at a more technical level, I gain confidence in a project as I see the Devs communicate, and get excited about something like an Atomic Swap, etc..I don't see a damn thing from the Electroneum Dev team, it's scary.  Please restore mine and others confidence in those in charge of maintaining the heart of this great project.

I don't want to pick on Adam, but instead whoever is in charge of the "TEAM" page..Please guys, read his description :

Adam has a First in Computer Science from the University of Kent.

He leads the Javascript development of Electroneum, with a specific lead role in developing and maintaining the offline paper wallet system that allows 100% security of Electroneum stored funds.

You've had this guy as a lead for paper wallets? Was this ever a good description? I'm sure this is not all he does, that is a laughable position as paper wallets are a dime a dozen, just pick one, modify the code  / images to suit your needs, and done.  Even if it is 10X more complex than how I make it sound, this is not a good position to specify as "Lead Role"..The image portrayed on the technical side is not good at all

Thank You

Serenetic
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:55:58 AM

But clearly you have options if you're not confident in the team. Sell and move on. I have full confidence, the timeframes are not being met, but as was demonstrated when employing hacker one they want to get it right and release a good product then just haphazardly trying to please impatient people like you.

Move on.
sereneticelectrons

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:02:27 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 07:19:23 AM by sereneticelectrons

But clearly you have options if you're not confident in the team. Sell and move on. I have full confidence, the timeframes are not being met, but as was demonstrated when employing hacker one they want to get it right and release a good product then just haphazardly trying to please impatient people like you.

Move on.

The mess users created leading to hacker one's involvement for good measure is not relevant here.  Do you believe having a Developer listed on the team as "Lead Role" - Paper Wallets is a good thing ? Something to be confident in ? I point these items out hoping for a re-assuring answer, but as you pointed out, moving on is an option, which is unfortunately why I'm putting out a last ditch effort to get an update.

What is it that you gives you full confidence in the Development team ? On the marketing side I agree, every aspect of Electroneum is full speed ahead so to speak with the exception of the Dev team.  If this thing goes meteoric, which I've no doubt, Electroneum is going to be huge, but will that success be ripped to shreds by a Dev team scratching there heads as the network load increases ? It is impossible for me to answer that bit with any confidence at all.
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:29:41 AM

The listing of the ICO team is something I find quite weird anyway.  Before ICO's people got excited if a respected developer joined a coin and with good reason.  With ICO's, they just seem to list a set of random people to say we have real people and there may be some respected people in the mix.  Richard did make it clear in his first video that he will be recruiting in 2018.  Let's face it no one realised how popular this coin was going to be and this has compounded many of the issues we have seen(past tense!).  However, the important point, is that Richard has money to recruit the right people. He does need to rely on people joining his community and slow growth.  The success of this coin is down to the decisions that Richard has already made and makes over the next six months.  The success of this coin goes way beyond the team, although they are important, and this is what I believe in.
XmasJohn08

Activity: 459
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:26:19 PM

Move on.

The thing with hacker one was only for advertising
It was a good reason to wash an important amount of BTC and ETH
I see that the world focusing here on just one thing.

sereneticelectrons

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:44:38 PM

The listing of the ICO team is something I find quite weird anyway.  Before ICO's people got excited if a respected developer joined a coin and with good reason.

It was strange, and that is certainly causing uncertainty in my mind, although I do recognize this launch was certainly born of a marketing team in lieu of Dev team beginnings which helps put things in perspective.

The success of this coin goes way beyond the team, although they are important, and this is what I believe in.

Absolutely, what I fear is the development team is strong when it comes to developing anything related to marketing;  web development, UX, backend storage (DB, etc), and apps for mobile devices.  At launch they where obviously in over there heads, part of that was due to a MASSIVELY successful ICO, a great reason for having your systems steamrolled...Who cares at that point, the interest and enthusiasm would of rolled on if every single machine hosting something Electroneum was completely offline, the concept was proven, it is alive.  Personally during the time of mass chaos my belief was higher than ever of Electroneums success, as where many, it was something standing out from the crowd by far.

As time went on some updates through Richard gave away signs to me that his technical team was in some part covering their butts..Amazon had a problem? Really ? The deployment on AWS was flawed when it came November 1st ? How was it not flawed throughout the entire ICO when record sign ups where occurring.  It was then some kind of unexpected ambush of a launch ? Seriously, there is absolutely NO excuse for this, it is technical incompetence at Electroneum, blame any 3rd party till your blue in the face, it matters not YOU AS ENGINEERING are defining the parameters in which 3rd parties like Amazon must accommodate, this was a failure.

The technical team couldn't account for a large number of miners at launch? How in the hell do your official pools FAIL miserably, while third parties pools run great ? Because the 3rd party pools have EXPERIENCE, this team DOES NOT, they failed here as well, absolutely no damn excuse to have your mining pools fail, 3 of them!? 

Now that we've had some down time for the team to catch up, prepare, and ready themselves for what is to come, I'd like to know more.  Sell me on this Dev team, introduce them on Youtube, interview them for all to see, either they are proud and confident, or anxious and squirelly like they where in the background when Richard was covering everyone's ass during the chaos November.. Show me what this Dev team has, let them kick my ass in how wrong I am about them, make a fool of every technical idiot like me questioning them, please.

There is some time, I'm betting till early summer where none of what I write matters, as the network will run whether run by skilled staff or not, it's when this thing truly takes off that we've trouble coming, trouble I will not take a leap of faith on..I believe in Richard, and I feel like he's not being told the entire truth by his team, because it's to embarrassing a truth for them to tell.

Anyway, I'll do as TheCryproMaster says and move on if this topic simply continues to be ignored. It's sad though, as I have very high hopes, and emotionally I do not want to leave, but rationally I cannot stay if communication doesn't improve vastly from the Dev team in the next couple months.

/steps away from the keyboard

Serenetic
sereneticelectrons

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:56:03 PM

The thing with hacker one was only for advertising
It was a good reason to wash an important amount of BTC and ETH
I see that the world focusing here on just one thing.

It was great marketing, that played out perfectly..I've no serious issue no matter the case in regards to scheming in this matter, that will come to light for better or worse one day.  Nothing will matter if the whole house is built over a sinkhole, if the network gets "heavy" is it all going to cave in? Who the hell knows, nobody can answer this right now.
karel88l

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:06:27 PM

Will this ever be at 0,2 again ? I would have to my money back Cry
stfN2128

Activity: 882
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:16:48 PM

I´m sure it will, just be patient. They do great marketing, the rest will follow one after another.
new24core

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:10:19 PM

I´m sure it will, just be patient. They do great marketing, the rest will follow one after another.

I agree, clever timing will unfold over the coming weeks.  Build up strength and belief in ETN and then unleash on more exchanges. Boom!
KimberlyGB

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

Reading you guys is very interesting but I still can not decide whether it's going well in the team or bad. I just know that in life there are different ways. It's just life.
TheCryproMaster

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:52:02 PM

Reading you guys is very interesting but I still can not decide whether it's going well in the team or bad. I just know that in life there are different ways. It's just life.

Yes life is very interesting in the crypto universe. Do your research, do some more, make your choice.

I've researched this coin on many many different platforms and have come to the conclusion its worth investing in. Because of that research its clearly obvious the fudsters knowing nothing about this coin and just trolling and thread crapping with the same ignorant posts.

I'll say invest, fudsters the opposite. Only way to be sure is do your own research, no easy roads in life, but there are many ways to make the journey on the road easier.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:11:00 PM

Not sure if this has been shared already, but they posted this update on their Facebook yesterday morning.
"As promised- here is the Second instalment in a series of talking heads with Richard Ells, CEO of Electroneum. In this second part he outlines the difference in Electroneum’s strategy and what we hope to achieve. We hope you enjoy. #ETN http://electroneum.com/20…/…/09/how-is-etn-different-part-2/"

Since I don't visit their Facebook very often, I had missed their new website had a new blog section with plenty of news. Here is the link for hose of you that might have missed it like me: http://electroneum.com/blog/
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:57:05 AM

I'm getting the following error when running the deamon. I hadn't synced for about 4 days and when it reached about 1 day, block 150083, it started spewing out this and will not complete the sync.
Any help ?

Code:
2018-02-11 03:35:08.088 [P2P2]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:662
Exception at [core::handle_incoming_txs()], what=Error finding txpool tx meta: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

2018-02-11 03:35:08.089 [P2P2]  WARN    blockchain.db.lmdb      src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:72
DB error attempting to fetch block index from hashMDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

2018-02-11 03:35:08.090 [P2P2]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:1138
Exception at [core::handle_incoming_block()], what=DB error attempting to fetch block index from hashMDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has achild, or is invalid

2018-02-11 03:35:08.092 [P2P2]  WARN    blockchain.db.lmdb      src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:72
Failed to commit a transaction to the db: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

new24core

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:01:36 AM

I'm getting the following error when running the deamon. I hadn't synced for about 4 days and when it reached about 1 day, block 150083, it started spewing out this and will not complete the sync.
Any help ?

Code:
2018-02-11 03:35:08.088 [P2P2]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:662
Exception at [core::handle_incoming_txs()], what=Error finding txpool tx meta: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

2018-02-11 03:35:08.089 [P2P2]  WARN    blockchain.db.lmdb      src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:72
DB error attempting to fetch block index from hashMDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

2018-02-11 03:35:08.090 [P2P2]  ERROR   cn      src/cryptonote_core/cryptonote_core.cpp:1138
Exception at [core::handle_incoming_block()], what=DB error attempting to fetch block index from hashMDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has achild, or is invalid

2018-02-11 03:35:08.092 [P2P2]  WARN    blockchain.db.lmdb      src/blockchain_db/lmdb/db_lmdb.cpp:72
Failed to commit a transaction to the db: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

Since ETN is based on Monero try the following option with the daemon or similar(just google) :-

--db-salvage

Last resort is to delete the blockcahin!
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:14:56 AM

Any help ?

Code:

Since ETN is based on Monero try the following option with the daemon or similar(just google) :-

--db-salvage

Last resort is to delete the blockcahin!

I tried the --db-salvage and it did not work. This is the second time the deamon threw a wobbly and, like you said, had to delete blockchain and start from scratch, this will take 3 days no stop to re-sync. Is there a bootstap file available to speed this up ?

EDIT:
Can I import the keys from the cli wallet into the Web wallet and recover my coins that way ?
sereneticelectrons

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

EDIT:
Can I import the keys from the cli wallet into the Web wallet and recover my coins that way ?

Yes, that would work fine, and what you are trying to recover is the ability to manipulate / view your coins on the blockchain.. Keep those keys safe, the coins themselves are always safe no matter which method you use to access them.

Be Well

Serenetic
TheCryproMaster

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:57:57 AM

I lost track the beta is still ongoing, when will it stop? And whens the mobile miner released to the public?
Highspeed123

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:30:35 AM

I lost track the beta is still ongoing, when will it stop? And whens the mobile miner released to the public?

They are aiming for the end of this month. Hopefully, it will launch without any issues. Pretty sure there will be a crazy number of people all using it at once. Should be fine though.
Pages: « 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 [209] 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: