Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:50:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread  (Read 240303 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (19 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
errata

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:51:49 AM

What about desktop wallet? Is it really so hard to release it?
They are rookies and have no clue how to code. all they are good at is marketing. look at it. Cloned monero, werent able to clone a monero wallet? with 40m USD raised? gimme a fucking break...

Great conclusion! Your logic is above 9000!
What about asking the dev team about this particular thing and hear the answer from them?
errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:06:03 AM

This is not strictly Creeptopia's problem...

Now they are sitting on almost 1 billion and can not return to the users the coins that were lost in the limbo that they themselves fell.

A coin with almost 1 billion of Market Cap with only 1 exchange in the confines of new zealand and then the problem is only the Lord of the Rings?

This is unheard of in the market. Those who did not buy from ICO were forced to buy in this place. Who listed the coin there was the Gandalph or the London geniuses?

Why no other exchange was not interested in this project so revolutionary?

These are all good questions which I have no answers to and I can only assume things, just like you...

First of all, there is no project/coin/team which will refund you because of some crappy exchange. Not a single one. So, don't expect this from ETN team either, no matter how "rich" they might be.

I agree that it was the team's decision to list ETN on Shittopia only, but I don't see this as a "problem"... There are plenty of other teams who did this, I am part of a team with 2 projects/coins, and I am constantly bitching about listing on other exchanges, but sometimes it's not so simple (or cheap) as it seems... This doesn't mean that someone is trying to scam you or the project is not maintained or anything similar.

Exchanges are not interested in any coin. They are interested only in FIAT currencies. Exchanges don't go around asking people if they can list their precious coin because it is so awesome. It is team's responsibility to list their coin on the exchange they like, and again, this is easier/harder to achieve from one exchange to the other...

Hope I clarified some things for you now...
xzentorxz

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:09:11 AM

Since ETN is a Monero fork, I understand that there is no upper limit on the block size and that scalability-problems do not actually occur.
This is very important for promoting "mass-adaptation".
I think, the sense of ETN with a focus on Monero's unlimited blocksize is good.

However, because of Monero 's fork, the block size of ETN is (probably) 1 m 54 s.
Is not it too long to use in daily life?
For example, when people pay at a kiosk, can you tolerate taking about two minutes per a person?

I think, this is a matter to be seriously improved. If ETN REALLY aims for mass-adaptation.

I have to disagree with the monero fork. Monero's priority is high privacy, that means that every transaction is decrypted. That means, its almost impossible to create a fast light wallet, since you have to check every block since creation for relevant transactions. And No the centralized hosted online wallet is NOT a good solution.

the blocktime for etn is 60 seconds. But since its so low, blocks get orphaned a lot, so if you want to make sure you got a payment you would need to wait 10minutes. That is a problem almost every cryptocurrency has. For something small you can just wait for the transaction to be in the pool. There is the possiblity of a doublespend attack and that you wont get your money, but it would be a big effort for stealing at a kiosk, you might just steal the newspaper itself. And for bigger deals a waiting time of 10 min shouldnt be an issue.

First Electroneum GUI Wallet (open source): https://github.com/XzenTorXz/ElectroneumGUIWallet/releases
Discussion (reddit): https://goo.gl/8488Cp
Neo Baudrillard

Activity: 84
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 11:18:12 AM

Now they are sitting on almost 1 billion and can not return to the users the coins that were lost in the limbo that they themselves fell.

A coin with almost 1 billion of Market Cap with only 1 exchange in the confines of new zealand and then the problem is only the Lord of the Rings?

This is unheard of in the market. Those who did not buy from ICO were forced to buy in this place. Who listed the coin there was the Gandalph or the London geniuses?

These are all good questions which I have no answers to and I can only assume things, just like you...

First of all, there is no project/coin/team which will refund you because of some crappy exchange. Not a single one. So, don't expect this from ETN team either, no matter how "rich" they might be.

I agree that it was the team's decision to list ETN on Shittopia only, but I don't see this as a "problem"... There are plenty of other teams who did this, I am part of a team with 2 projects/coins, and I am constantly bitching about listing on other exchanges, but sometimes it's not so simple (or cheap) as it seems... This doesn't mean that someone is trying to scam you or the project is not maintained or anything similar.

Exchanges are not interested in any coin. They are interested only in FIAT currencies. Exchanges don't go around asking people if they can list their precious coin because it is so awesome. It is team's responsibility to list their coin on the exchange they like, and again, this is easier/harder to achieve from one exchange to the other...

At least you've noticed that there are many holes in this story. The rest, the sun and the time fulfill their function.

sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:44:07 AM

They are rookies and have no clue how to code. all they are good at is marketing. look at it. Cloned monero, werent able to clone a monero wallet? with 40m USD raised? gimme a fucking break...
I think the entire point of the coin is that it's for non technical people to use on their mobile phones.  That's a huge market that most of the other coins haven't made the most of.  That's what they have been concentrating on.  Anyone can make a PC GUI wallet if they want, there's already one available.  Why would you want them wasting time doing what all the other coins have done?  There's already thousands of coins doing that.
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:47:46 AM

The big exchanges are now charging extortionate amounts to list coins.  ETN is far from the only one that has been on one exchange for this amount of time after the ICO.  Ethos took months to get on Binance, there's many others.
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:48:27 AM

Just because its a cryptonight algo doesnt mean its a clone of monero they are very different

electroneum/electroneum
forked from monero-project/monero

https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum

I don't quite understand what are you trying to prove with last couple of posts?

People who are into this stuff know since the day 1 that ETN is an XMR fork. No one ever tried to hide that. I don't see what's the problem with that since 99% of all coins are fork of something. If you don't trust me, check out other repositories and where does source code come originally.

If you don't like the idea around ETN (no matter how stupid or smart it is) no one is forcing you join it. No one is forcing you to participate in this topic and spread hatred or whatever because you personally don't like ETN. If you have the excess of anger which you must direct somewhere, I'd recommend you to go to Bitconnect topic, there's plenty of good material there and arguments which you can exchange with smart asses there. If that won't be enough for you to get rid of your anger, I'd suggest to try with some other methods, like kickboxing, karate, judo, yoga, smoking weed, whatever... There are plenty of ways to get rid of your anger Wink

If you lost some ETN in any way and bitching about it here now, sir, I have to tell you that this is your own personal problem, and that's not the reason to spread stupid posts here like you do, because they won't help literally no one. Not us, not you. Close this tab, close your browser, shut down the computer, go grab a joint, play some ambiental music, do some yoga and you will feel better.
Hahaha I couldn't have said it better myself.
errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:54:28 AM

At least you've noticed that there are many holes in this story. The rest, the sun and the time fulfill their function.

There are many holes indeed, not only in "this" story, but literally with each and every coin around.

Still, this doesn't mean that this project is a scam, right?
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

After ICO they mentioned about the exchanges and they are not showing any interest to list in the exchanges. Many times people asked the same questions repeatedly but the answer is nothing. So the only thing is we have to wait for official announcement.
Neo Baudrillard

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:10:33 PM

There are many holes indeed, not only in "this" story, but literally with each and every coin around.

If you can point out some technical error in this transaction I can agree with you. Otherwise, if a transaction like this does not work, we have a scam here.

https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/prove/1e251efb652c0570ae3bcdd6a22d475c41284fa5cb75cf1dca1a4070da937dd4/etnjzKFU6ogESSKRZZbdqraPdcKVxEC17Cm1Xvbyy76PARQMmgrgceH4krAH6xmjKwJ3HtSAKuyFm1BBWYqtchtq9tBap8Qr4M/9dfe1823409dca7409f58789ed01e2aa3d4d9f4e1e6af558e7e34d3c490e6b08

errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

If you can point out some technical error in this transaction I can agree with you. Otherwise, if a transaction like this does not work, we have a scam here.

https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/prove/1e251efb652c0570ae3bcdd6a22d475c41284fa5cb75cf1dca1a4070da937dd4/etnjzKFU6ogESSKRZZbdqraPdcKVxEC17Cm1Xvbyy76PARQMmgrgceH4krAH6xmjKwJ3HtSAKuyFm1BBWYqtchtq9tBap8Qr4M/9dfe1823409dca7409f58789ed01e2aa3d4d9f4e1e6af558e7e34d3c490e6b08

Alright, I agree. The question here is which side "scammed" you exactly?

Did you have your own personal ETN in your own personal wallet? YES.
Were you able to use this wallet to send/receive ETN? YES.
Were you able to manipulate with this ETN in any way (e.g. transfer it to a different address)? YES.
Was the transaction successful? YES.
Did the blockchain verify the transaction and is everything OK on that side? YES.

Do you have keys or any other access to the other wallet where you transferred your funds? NO.
Do you see the amount transferred on the address you sent it to? NO.

In my mind, all the "YES" answers are directly related to Electroneum and it's network. All the "NO" answers are related to Cryptopia only and no one else. So, 1+1 is....?

If I were you, I'd go around and spread FUD about Creeptopia, SHiTBTC, YoShit and other similar shady exchanges, not the coin(s) itself...
Neo Baudrillard

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:32:42 PM

Were you able to manipulate with this ETN in any way (e.g. transfer it to a different address)? YES.
Did the blockchain verify the transaction and is everything OK on that side? YES.

Do you have keys or any other access to the other wallet where you transferred your funds? NO.

In my mind, all the "YES" answers are directly related to Electroneum and it's network. All the "NO" answers are related to Cryptopia only and no one else. So, 1+1 is....?

If I were you, I'd go around and spread FUD about Creeptopia, SHiTBTC, YoShit and other similar shady exchanges, not the coin(s) itself...

If you are one of the team members of this "revolutionary coin" and you saw that a 100% perfect transaction did not reach users in the only exchange you have to offer to your users to buy your revolucionary coin, what do you do?

1 - Ignore completely, after all we are sitting on almost 1 billion dollars and we have already stuck our goal.
2 - Do something urgent for these users to be reimbursed to avoid FUD on a serious project.

Wait 1 month and know the answer.

I waited my month and I already know the answer

errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:37:31 PM

If you are one of the team members of this "revolutionary coin" and you saw that a 100% perfect transaction did not reach users in the only exchange you have to offer to your users buy your revolucionary coin, what do you do?

1 - Ignore completely, after all we are sitting on almost 1 billion dollars and we have already stuck our goal.
2 - Do something urgent for these users to be reimbursed to avoid FUD on a serious project.

Wait 1 month and know the answer

I agree with you once again, and all the things you are saying are 100% reasonable... I have no answer for "why the team doesn't do anything about it"... Really don't know... Maybe they really can't do shit about it. The fact that they are not "reimbursing" is out of the discussion, because there's no one in this world who will do this for you.

We might blame the team for "not trying to resolve Creeptopia problems", but I'm not sure if they are trying to solve this or not in the first place... Maybe they hit the wall of shady Creeptopia and struggling with them in the same way we do...
Neo Baudrillard

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:51:56 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 01:16:11 PM by Neo Baudrillard

Glad you could see the point.

Now maybe the bomb where everyone is sitting here is more exposed.

Are your coins safe in your wallet? Cool!

Leave there forever or Good luck with the limbo.

Just in the last hours:
https://twitter.com/Moumita7770/status/954253266598092801
https://twitter.com/AgusIronman/status/954242385554231296
https://twitter.com/Adithya29352381/status/954238931976929281
https://twitter.com/Muuureee/status/954069698211143680

XmasJohn08

Activity: 459
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:55:11 PM

We might blame the team for "not trying to resolve Creeptopia problems", but I'm not sure if they are trying to solve this or not in the first place... Maybe they hit the wall of shady Creeptopia and struggling with them in the same way we do...

Is cryptopia not Creeptopia

errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:43:01 PM

Glad you could see the point.

Now maybe the bomb where everyone is sitting here is more exposed.

Are your coins safe in your wallet? Cool!

Leave there forever or Good luck with the limbo.

Just in the last hours:
https://twitter.com/Moumita7770/status/954253266598092801
https://twitter.com/AgusIronman/status/954242385554231296
https://twitter.com/Adithya29352381/status/954238931976929281
https://twitter.com/Muuureee/status/954069698211143680

From the links provided, I really cannot tell who did and who didn't use the "payment ID" which is REQUIRED by Creeptopia. It says there when you want to deposit. In red letters.
If you have a Twitter account (I personally don't), try to ask those people if they used payment ID, and if they did't, why they didn't...

I personally transferred few times with no problems whatsoever. I know bunch of people who are actually mining directly there, never had a single problem with transactions. We can go like this forever, you providing the links with people who failed and me providing words/experience from people who never had a problem... It won't solve anything, neither it will help ETN in any way. This is Creeptopia's problem, and their problem only.

Just to be clear here... I am not "defending" ETN in any way. I am not saying that they are 100% legit, trustworthy and super-active team. I know nothing about those people except from the links they provided (LinkedIn profiles mostly, which btw, majority of projects/coins never did).
I'm just trying to say that they are doing the same like majority of "projects" in this world - pumping the marketing, promising products which are delayed and similar... This is all perfectly normal, especially in cryptocurrencies world. Since I am developer myself, I perfectly understand what means to "deliver a working product" and how much hassle there is around one. That's one of the reasons I am not so much worried if they broke the deadline or two. This is more than normal in programming world, especially if you have a small dev team. I'd rather wait a bit longer and have a good program than rushing the deadlines and delivering something which is barely usable.

I really hope that you and all the other ETN users will be able to solve the transferring issues, but unfortunately, I don't see how ETN team can help anyone in this matter.
errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:44:10 PM

Is cryptopia not Creeptopia

It's a joke if you still didn't get it, just like YoShit and SHiTBTC... Simply because they don't deserve to be called in any other way. Very shady and technically completely crappy exchanges.
coinfused.so

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

ZEN

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:50:36 PM

I think the entire point of the coin is that it's for non technical people to use on their mobile phones.  That's a huge market that most of the other coins haven't made the most of.  That's what they have been concentrating on.  Anyone can make a PC GUI wallet if they want, there's already one available.  Why would you want them wasting time doing what all the other coins have done?  There's already thousands of coins doing that.

BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING WAAAY LESS THAN OTHER COINS ARE DOING. Having desktop wallets is BASIC shit. Their WEB WALLET is NOT USABLE, so whats the HOLD UP on the regular wallets?! with that much money raised, they need to make sure to have a functional freaking wallet where people can send and receive coins from. I have 5k ETN stuck in their shitty webwallet since december. CANT TRADE CANT SEND. and you ask me why they need to make it?

Go eat a brick please
Neo Baudrillard

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 01:59:48 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 02:12:20 PM by Neo Baudrillard

This thread explain all:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321243.0

A team of social media marketing trying to play with blockchain. A product that only has marketing that can turn into a very serious blow if it continues like this.

If they want to get out of Viral Marketing direct to jail they are on the right track!

errata

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:19:40 PM

This thread explain all:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321243.0

A team of social media marketing trying to play with blockchain. A product that only has marketing that can turn into a very serious blow if it continues like this.

"A team of social media marketing trying to play with blockchain."

Ok, now THIS is something I could agree with 100%!!! But this is far away from the "scam". Definition of "scam" is way different than "group of people who are trying to do something which they know nothing about".
The thing you said is not applicable to ETN only however... I've been working for IT companies which were led by marketing team for this or that reason. I strongly disagree with this kind of work, but then again, all these companies are still operational nowadays and have decent amount of money and development team. I am surprised that they managed to go that far this way, but they did. For whichever reason in this world...

I personally don't care about their plans, mobile wallet, mobile miner, mobile paying or whatever they are "promising". If I would go that way, I would have 0% trust in all the projects since each and every one has something which just doesn't fit in my personal picture :) I am mostly just mining ETN because it is the easiest and most profitable with my current equipment. Before I started to mine it, I researched the team a little bit, checked out few links which I usually do before investing in any coin in any way and decided to give it a shot. I wasn't 100% confident in the project, neither I am still today, but unfortunately, that's the crypto world for you nowadays... Perfect platform for scamming and there's plenty of scammers who see the opportunity. If you fall on a scam, don't forget, it is your own fault! I did fall for one or two myself and I learned my lesson the harder way. This is not the reason to go around and bitch about it, especially since there's thousands of other people already doing it...

And again, don't forget who's fault is that transfers are failing, Electroneum's or someone else's!
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: