Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:29:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:42:07 PM

If you asking here about that, you will get some various answer and opinion.
In my opinion, if crypto trading, i will do long term or holding my asset and selling them when its high.
Thats my prefer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:25:49 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
In trading I prefer to do short-term trading or day trading, usually I get benefit only from small pump pump which often happens. and for me it was so much fun Grin

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:16:57 PM

Before i prefer long term trading since holding bitcoin in long term will gave you huge returns especially if you bought bitcoin during it was cheap and this method is preferable to early holders but now since the price is this high and you are planning to buy bitcoins i suggest that you should hold it in short term since bitcoin price inflates very fast this time like what happened this week bitcoin fell around 5500 due to the cancellation of segwit2x but in just 1 week it recovered so holding it within a month is suitable.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:50:39 PM

IMO day trading is better than only hold BTC. But it's also more risky than holding BTC cause you can lose sometime when you made wrong decision. But it'll be ok if you have enough experience and skill in trading Cheesy

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:26:44 PM

Before i prefer long term trading since holding bitcoin in long term will gave you huge returns especially if you bought bitcoin during it was cheap and this method is preferable to early holders but now since the price is this high and you are planning to buy bitcoins i suggest that you should hold it in short term since bitcoin price inflates very fast this time like what happened this week bitcoin fell around 5500 due to the cancellation of segwit2x but in just 1 week it recovered so holding it within a month is suitable.
and there is a lot of thing that can be in bitcoin if you are still on holding it , and yet this may good also in long term and can give you a great future specially on the cheap price that you can have this for are the best thing also we know that if you are holding it just like what you have for in a bank the percentage of it are 10x in bitcoin in holding it so better to do holding bitcoin. On day trade there is nothing wrong with that but always make sure the coin that you are trying to trade for are can make you profit also a good profit just like bitcoin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:56:19 AM

All traders know that day trading is a very difficult task, it's better to do the trade  when you sure, trading can be very profitable, but most of the people think trading is easy and just blindly choose a coin to trade, I think you need to increase your basic trading skill, my suggestion is to start slow and try to gain experience as much as possible,but if you don't want to be annoyed by the chart and the trade then holding btc is great, it's more secure
It needs a lot of efforts to do day time or short time trading because whatever you earn today may lose tomorrow in short time trading.In day time you will have to follow charts every time in order to update yourself .In case of holding you need to be financially sound so that you can keep bitcoins. It is preferable to hold on your coins rather than day trading.You will get more profit in holding.
There are number of things which you need to consider before making this decision of choosing in between day trading or holding. For me, holding is something more beneficial and less hectic than that of day trading or short term investment. If you think that you’ll be able to do well while doing day trading, then there is nothing bad in it. Otherwise, it will be better to go for holding of bitcoins for some good period of time.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:57:08 AM

and there is a lot of thing that can be in bitcoin if you are still on holding it , and yet this may good also in long term and can give you a great future specially on the cheap price that you can have this for are the best thing also we know that if you are holding it just like what you have for in a bank the percentage of it are 10x in bitcoin in holding it so better to do holding bitcoin. On day trade there is nothing wrong with that but always make sure the coin that you are trying to trade for are can make you profit also a good profit just like bitcoin.

As you said holding the bitcoins will give good profits in the future but you can try trading with your bitcoins to earn extra earnings.So you just divide your bitcoins into two portions like 80% and 20%.Keep you 80% bitcoins in cold storage and try to do trading with your remaining bitcoins.Trading bitcoins is not difficult like altcoin trading the only simple rule in bitcoin trading is buy low and sell high.
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:55:47 AM

I think it would be better to hold Bitcoin.The price of all the coins is now less.Bitcoin is increasing day by day and the price of altcoins decreases day by day.Now buy altcoins short time trading seems like a risk.Bitcoin can safely hold.Bitcoin is the safest investment.
xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:08:21 AM

for me its better to take a short term trading than to hold or day trading in hold just too long to see your profit but in day trading you need to fucos very will and if you need fast profit just take short term trading.. thats my opinion..

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:55:21 AM

In my opinion, if crypto trading, i will do long term or holding my asset and selling them when its high.
Thats my prefer.

Hold great coins will surely make good money for you. Personally I just hold bitcoin and trade some of it with altcoins because I also believe that altcoins will also pump. Everything is ok for me but its depend on your prefer and skills because trading needs extra skill for you not to loose money.
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:05:31 AM

I prefer short term trading. I just don't want the stress and headaches that day trading gives especially in a market like this. I don't want to hold too long since I feel there's a season for the alts and a season on bitcoin. I'll be back into day trading in the near future though when alt market will start to rise.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Harsh_Patel

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Algo Trader

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:11:38 AM

There is a lot of noise in the market for crypto. If you think you can handle those noisy situations and find out what is the Technical analysis and Market sentiment, you can do the trade with profit, but you have to be Discipline, That is most important. Be active in the market. Keep yourself updated.

Or you can just HODL. No Noise. Peaceful Life. No worries of Market Manipulation. Peace out.

# PrintGreen

I am sorry for my wrong doings.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Hindi Translation Delivery in 5 days ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:40:29 AM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned

Holding BTC for less than a year is not profitable, better buy some good ICOs and get really good profits in a short period.
Btc has so huge capital than is not easy to double anymore.
Day trading is much more profitable but also has higher risks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:57:36 AM

Holding bitcoin is basically for everyone as its easy as buying the bitcoins and forgetting about for a long time until value grows.

Then day trading and short term trading is basically for advanced crypto users who understand the crypto market and know what they are doing.
But I prefer just holding as its less stressful as compared to trading.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:59:54 AM

This is the most common mistake on which a certain trader would really experience specially if we are really new on it. Its normal and even myself do experience this thing but its not a valid reason for me to stop but decided to push even more but in more knowledgeable way.Since you do experience mistakes then you would really be aware on your next possible move since you do have the idea on what you would do on next trades.
Either holding or short term trading as long you do know on what you are doing you would really make profits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:55:00 PM

I give you one example. if you have 0.1 btc, keep 0.05 btc in the bitcoin and use 0.025 btc for daily trading and use the other 0.025 btc for short term trading. from this example, I guess you can figure out what its mean for you and I hope you can solve your problem. you need to learn more about trading so with 0.025 btc, you can make a profit in daily and short term trading.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:48:56 PM

I have the same experience too, day trading didn't work for me that very well. Already lost around .2 BTC last year and was been victimized by spammers, which I think, members from pump and dump groups. I was new and very aggressive at that time, even I'm equipped with enough research and knowledge, things gets worst and worst, couldn't control my emotions and end up with nothing.

Anyways, its been a year already and I've already learned my lesson. I can handle my finances very well these days and decided to stick with holding rather going back to trading. Maybe, it's not really our forte after all.
BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:52:55 PM

I give you one example. if you have 0.1 btc, keep 0.05 btc in the bitcoin and use 0.025 btc for daily trading and use the other 0.025 btc for short term trading. from this example, I guess you can figure out what its mean for you and I hope you can solve your problem. you need to learn more about trading so with 0.025 btc, you can make a profit in daily and short term trading.

I divided my budget, and do my plans accordingly. I can express this plan as shown below. It works for me for weeks.

-25% for day trade in altcoins.
-50% for holding.
-25% for ico participatin and contribution.

You can simple make this kind of plans.
scoobidoobydu

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:55:57 PM

Make a split on day-trading and holding on BTC. I think the best rate is 3:1 (day-trading 3, holding btc 1)

_____ DSTRA ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA _____
⚫● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRIVACY ▬▬  FAST  ▬▬ LOW FEES   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●⚫
●⚫ ▬▬ Twitter | Facebook | ANN | Discord | Website ▬▬ ⚫●
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:53:14 AM

Day trading or short term trading is better than holding bitcoin because you maximize the volume of your bitcoin but their the risk of getting losing it if your not good in trading.
Yes, at least, these two helps you to keep increasing what you are holding. It is more like having the function of holding and benefitting on the value and as well increasing what you have in numbers so you can even get more from it. Based on the risk though and how long I have been trading, it is a worthy risk to take for the good course.

Thats my prefer.
That is normal and that is based on everyone's experience. However, even holding for a long term is still more like trading but what you are looking at is to hold for a very long term rather than taking advantage of the volatility which though it is risky.  Holding is less risky, but like they always say, the more the risk, the more the potential to earn more.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: