Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.  (Read 2764 times)
manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:21:00 AM

All this decision should according which level price you bought Bitcoin, for example if you bought BTC in a week ago in my opinion you have to hold it in a few month because the price has more possible to going up to $20,000 or possible to surpass this price.  Technical analysis is very helpfull to know the price in overbough or oversold.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 09:47:43 AM

I think that short term trading is the best alternative of the three as people that have the nerve to deal with crypto markets tend to earn on the long run as crypto markets are bullish. You'd be unlucky to buy stuff the top prior to another fall though, it had happened to many people but holders in the end were avenged by new all time highs.
I have the same view as you, can see that the market in recent days are constantly fluctuating and in very large areas, so the commercial by day will minimize the risk for you. Short-term trading helps you to earn instant profits and reduce risk when bitcoins fall sharply while you are holding altcoin. If you trade long term, the risk and damage will increase dramatically over time and you will not be able to preserve your capital.
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:09:03 AM

I think be a bag holder is not too bad and most importantly is you can analyzed it well.
But a day trader will be a choice when you don't have enough of ability to analyze the coin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Joyawan13

Activity: 910

elysian.finance

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:55:35 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
to be a trader crypto it's not easy for us to do, especially if we new just know him, to be a trader today we must have a good analysis and strategy to be able to gain profit, if we can not to trade day, we will have defeat , we better invest only, by choosing to buy coins that have good potential, to be kept for a long period of time.

Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:17:41 PM

In my personal mind it depends on the skills and psychology of each of us. If we don't have this two points enough then we can't control our emotional status and may panic sell everything that we have.
Time and skillset which you have are the most important things and that they are the most significant things in helping you in making this choice of going for either short term investment of money or long-term investment of money. I will personally go for long term investment of money but if you want to make fast earning, then you must rely on short term investment of money or day trading.
Right.As far as i know,day trading really needs more experience and skill.You cannot just buy anytime and end up at loss.You have to study all its chart movement so you will be knowledgeable if its best to make day trade that time.If you're not so sure about it,you can choose to hold your investments for a long time.Many have become rich too following this method.
Only those who have years of experience in trading they can make money in day trading it needs a lot of time and analytical skills and crypto knowledge, more importantly, you must know when to invest and where to invest. you have other work to do then don't choose this day trading to go for long term holding.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

One of the simplest ways, but not the fastest, is the participation in the Bounty campaigns of ICO organizers. For the fulfillment of certain tasks you get their coins, which you can then sell for bitcoin and just hold it. Then you can trade with this money or buy equipment and mine cryptocurrencies.
entebah

Activity: 1548
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:52:56 PM

I think be a bag holder is not too bad and most importantly is you can analyzed it well.
But a day trader will be a choice when you don't have enough of ability to analyze the coin.
Daily Trading also requires analysis, even day trading is more risky when Bitcoin prices are unstable. should do daily trading and long term we never know the market situation that will happen in the future.

Dwarf42

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:47:41 PM

I myself prefer short-term trading because it is very fast to develop bitcoin and also hold for the future.
I think we should only invest bitcoin in the short term at the moment, you can see that although bitcoin prices are recovering very strongly in the past few days but overall the bitcoin price is still in cycle By the end of 2018, you should only trade short-term at this time, which is safe and profitable. You should not invest long-term because the risk is very high.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:34:58 AM

I myself prefer short-term trading because it is very fast to develop bitcoin and also hold for the future.
I think we should only invest bitcoin in the short term at the moment, you can see that although bitcoin prices are recovering very strongly in the past few days but overall the bitcoin price is still in cycle By the end of 2018, you should only trade short-term at this time, which is safe and profitable. You should not invest long-term because the risk is very high.
The prices on the market still decreases better to hodl our coins because the higher profit returns when we take a long term investment.  Short term investment is not yet ready it can gain losses of coin ,aside for that we're too pressure in day trading as the matter of fact long term investment can analyze and determine the best strategies how to success.
SHOSHI ISLAM 5

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:29:22 AM

Holding BTC vs Day trading or short term trading.                 IMO day trading is better than only hold BTC. But it's also more risky than holding BTC cause you can lose sometime when you made wrong decision. But it'll be ok if you have enough experience and skill in trading.bitcoins i suggest that you should hold it in short term since bitcoin price inflates very fast this time like what happened this week bitcoin fell around 5500 due to the cancellation of segwit 2x but in just 1 week it recovered so holding it within a month is suitable.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:53:47 AM

daily trading in my opinion better than just holding bitcoin you have, when you have your bitcoin can be trading altcoin that use the bitcoin so your bitcoin can be added a lot, not just that alone with daily trading you risk fewer stuck on high price and earlier you need to have a trading skills first.
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:24:30 AM

You have learn a hard lesson there Man and everyone here has his or her own story to tell on how one has lost money in one way or the other. One thing is for one to realise his/her mistake and work toward not repeating same thing in the future.
Everyone has his own way of doing the things and that he does the things the way he wants to do the things and that you can’t copy the way others are doing their job. However, you need to think and decide the things the way you want to do and the way you think you can make a better earning as this will give you a better chance of making more earning and can help you in having a comfortable living.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:18:17 PM

daily trading in my opinion better than just holding bitcoin you have, when you have your bitcoin can be trading altcoin that use the bitcoin so your bitcoin can be added a lot, not just that alone with daily trading you risk fewer stuck on high price and earlier you need to have a trading skills first.

daily trading can be a good option only if the market is rising like a few days ago and if all coins we have increased, we can easily to sell the coin to make a profit. but it still difficult to daily trading if we are not watching directly in the market and determine which coin that will be increased. holding bitcoin can also help and only sell when the price increases and I think we can do this as we know that bitcoin price increases and decrease with a different price so our chance to make a profit will bigger.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Freshmen

Activity: 334

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:02:47 AM

That is one of the important point for understanding the concept of day trading and long term investment. When someone is indulged in day trading, he has to count the market ratios and shares and keep on calculating profits and losses at different points in a day. So in all this mess up, he really can’t analyze the basic nature of coin. Coins are continuously changing the way so he can’t really understand this.
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:18:54 PM

From my point of vision I don't have tim eto analyze the market and also be times when I can't control my emotions when trading through the days
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:31:49 PM

So I have been in crypto for a while now, February precisely, and regrettably I wish I had never dabbled into day trading or short term trading. I have been burnt a lot trying to play the game of trading. Often times I end up buy too high thereby becoming a bagholder, and when I finally sell, it's at a loss.
So I can't help but wish I had just held on to my BTC. Would have been grinning from ear to ear today.  #Lessonlearned
That's what will always happen to a beginner trader and that's normal. I suggest, to learn without losing money by creating a demo account which is being offered by some trading website. This will be essential if you will use it in real time trading.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

I think you just got into the wrong coin at a wrong time,
I have been day trading for a while now and so for I am managing to gain profit everyday even if it is just a small amount of profit.
You shouldn't be too greedy when it comes to money and also in trading you need to have patience .
mamarried

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:42:31 PM

I allways have a temtation to go into trading when I see my wallet jumping up and down, but I dont have any eperience yet.
CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:01:47 PM

I will still choosing long term trading with patient than day trading that much more in risky. In long term trading i can simply wait a good time to sell my profulio unlike day trading you have to watch hourly and daily chart.

Vanester2014

Activity: 236

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:06:16 PM

Day trading is very intertaining and fun if you and you have plenty of time and a good skills in trading you can simply earn a good profit in day trading daily. But if you dont have a good skills in day trading you just lose your money.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: