Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] #3 [XUN] UltraNote is READY, Everyone is welcome to mine.  (Read 55814 times)
50viperman

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:01:34 PM

i got windows 7, and wallet is v 1.0.4-beta....ive been mining other coins, usually soon as it shows paid, i get them instint...but not these, coins were confirmed at 9 am today
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
50viperman

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:09:34 PM

also the wallet at the bottom right corner thing is spinning saying synchronizing in progress...but the wallet was installed yesturday..not use to cryptoknight coin wallets..little different than scrypt wallets
olddarkstar

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:58:43 PM

i got windows 7, and wallet is v 1.0.4-beta....ive been mining other coins, usually soon as it shows paid, i get them instint...but not these, coins were confirmed at 9 am today
please update your wallet to the actual version which is 1.0.8 https://ultranote.org/UltraNoteWallet-1.0.8-beta-win64.zip

as you can see just a few messages  back Ultranote forked and new wallet is needed.
Nichop

Activity: 183
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:02:10 PM

Thanks guys for your positive comments and also taking the time to help out a fellow miner and community member.
As you know we are constantly working to make things better and consolidate a leadership position in the Privacy Coin segment. Also do not forget to join our Discord group or Telegram chat for fresh news or faster replies:
https://discord.gg/ss2NtaA
https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=g228367263
olddarkstar

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:47:18 AM

So please, give me information I can work with and we will find a way.

pardon me but I don`t see what information you need for ...
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

So please, give me information I can work with and we will find a way.

pardon me but I don`t see what information you need for ...

He/She/It doesn't know what information is needed, either, since this post is a direct copy of the last sentence from one earlier in the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2357930.msg27741945#msg27741945

And no, I didn't remember seeing that earlier post, I just automatically search for plagiarism whenever I see a nonsense/off-topic post by a newbie.

But since I am here anyway, no posts from any of the devs in 10 days? Yes, I know about Discord, but I find it antithetical to use a service with such a hostile privacy policy* to discuss a coin whose main purpose is maintaining privacy... I mean really, devs, did any of you actually read the Discord privacy policy or were you suckered in by the blinky lights and stream of consciousness format?

* - Discord does not honor "Do Not Track"; it shares anything you type there with - 3rd party affiliates for the usual spammy marketing purposes, with law enforcement to provide you with "urgent medical attention" (lolwut?), etc.; if you come up with some ingenious idea and share it on Discord it can use your idea for free... I could go on, but, I think we all know just how shifty (and shitty) privacy policies have gotten over the last few years.

olddarkstar

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:14:49 PM

But since I am here anyway, no posts from any of the devs in 10 days? Yes, I know about Discord, but I find it antithetical to use a service with such a hostile privacy policy* to discuss a coin whose main purpose is maintaining privacy... I mean really, devs, did any of you actually read the Discord privacy policy or were you suckered in by the blinky lights and stream of consciousness format?

* - Discord does not honor "Do Not Track"; it shares anything you type there with - 3rd party affiliates for the usual spammy marketing purposes, with law enforcement to provide you with "urgent medical attention" (lolwut?), etc.; if you come up with some ingenious idea and share it on Discord it can use your idea for free... I could go on, but, I think we all know just how shifty (and shitty) privacy policies have gotten over the last few years.

I see your point. Didn`t recognize that it could be a privacy issue for some ppl. because I just use discord for more or less puplic stuff with different accounts. Else I got my Ultranote wallet for secure communication and files.
I am sure admins will take your complain as motivation to post here more regularly but they are quite buisy actually from what I have seen
Nichop

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:04:35 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 07:29:13 PM by Nichop
Merited by MagicSmoker (1)

Hey Guys thanks for pointing out the Discord feedback. To be honest Discord & Telegram are the only 2 avenues available where we can properly chat and hold instant messaging conversation with the community. Unfortunately BitcoinTalk does not provide an accommodating environment for such interaction.
If you check XUN discord you will notice that the only conversation we hold there are strictly professional we do not share any personal information and other critical details there. Also regarding the development team conversation they can sell the information to who they want trust me the information shared among the dev team will be completely useless to anyone outside the team.

If the information shared on Discord is good for the community to know about it. its good for everyone to know about it. Smiley our technology is here to serve and be adopted by everyone. Our roadmap is available as well on our website so our genius ideas are already public. Indeed there are other additions to the menu which are discussed among dev team but they are useless to outsiders.

Also in regards to having to login with an email address of username etc... Its privacy 101 to have a specific email address for work etc so that your private data are not compromised. For IP address just use a VPN on Chrome. if we have to share sensitive information we just use the XUN wallet messaging.

An other aspect that needs to be considered is that Discord and Telegram are where everybody is regarding the industry and if we want to connect with them we need to be where everybody is. We have a Telegram page which is much more private than Discord. If someone is not comfortable with Discord they can join us on Telegram as well Smiley

If you guys wish to contact us via bitcointalk as well instead of getting to Discord or Telegram here we are too. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your opinion about Discord and its up to everyone to take relevant steps to improve their privacy. Smiley  

We do have the XUN forum as well which is available at https://forum.ultranote.org/index.php?sid=1a38465ffc2b425447d4eb1c5a713055 where you can post and communicate with all the privacy necessary.

XUN is still at its infancy age and we have already build up much more than what other privacy focus coins have done. There is a long road to reach the ultimate private ecosystem where we will have all the XUN features and more  Wink lets keep building up and make the most with what we have. Smiley we do post here ''regularly'' but I have to agree that we are not as much active here as compared to Discord since it does not offer same facilitiesas stated above . Nevertheless as soon as we have community posts here we make sure to take care of them as soon as possible. there is always someone watching BTCtalk too, either the dev team or a few Discord members.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:17:14 PM

Hey Guys thanks for pointing out the Discord feedback. To be honest Discord & Telegram are the only 2 avenues available where we can properly chat and hold instant messaging conversation with the community. Unfortunately BitcoinTalk does not provide an accommodating environment for such interaction.

Yeah, Discord is like #IRL on steroids and I'll allow that it is far better for chatting than BCT, but BCT is far better for general updates and news, so how about cross-posting those bits on here, rather than keeping them on Discord and leaving the rest of us to wonder where the hell the devs have gone for 10+ days?

Otherwise, I definitely appreciate the rest of your reply and don't disagree with any of it, really, I'm just asking you to keep those of us on BCT in the loop.

Nichop

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:47:04 PM

Yeah, Discord is like #IRL on steroids and I'll allow that it is far better for chatting than BCT, but BCT is far better for general updates and news, so how about cross-posting those bits on here, rather than keeping them on Discord and leaving the rest of us to wonder where the hell the devs have gone for 10+ days?

Otherwise, I definitely appreciate the rest of your reply and don't disagree with any of it, really, I'm just asking you to keep those of us on BCT in the loop.

I 100% appreciate your feedback and do recognize the facts stated. I will take the necessary measures Smiley 
Cheers mate
CoinMenz

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:14:54 PM

Does Proof of Activity is POW/POS hybird?
Nichop

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:39:42 PM

Does Proof of Activity is POW/POS hybird?
XUN has both PoW which is Mining & POS which is the deposit(staking) for 3% per year interest.
Nichop

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:40:24 PM

Since we got suggestions to add XUN to freewallet, here is your opportunity to voice out your interest. https://freewallet.org/vote vote is free and do not require registration. just do a quick search ultranote and click vote ✅
sebseb7

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:48:24 PM

I do pay ASIC miners like any other miner, there is no difference.

But XUN devs steal from asic miners if they don't pay them like they say...

My pool will always pay, no stealing. Asic/Nicehash miners welcome.

https://i.imgur.com/usBDG0s.png

https://cryptoknight.cc/xun
olddarkstar

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:26:50 PM

beside the other points it is offensive from my  opinion as pool to welcome asic miners to a coin that is against it

trying to robb a bank just because you are able to?
licolasawa

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:19:39 AM

I have a question here, any new exchanges coming? Undecided
sebseb7

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:56:30 PM

beside the other points it is offensive from my  opinion as pool to welcome asic miners to a coin that is against it

" as pool to welcome asic miners to a coin that is against it"

Iam neutral as a pool operator. Xun is no anti-Asic coin. They devs may not like Asics, but the coin still is pro-Asic

Even more Asics now mining Xun, because ETN went anti-Asic. Xun is one of the few remaining pro Asic coins.
Nichop

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:52:06 PM

I have a question here, any new exchanges coming? Undecided
Right now we are on TradeOrgre - Stocks.Exchange- Altex - MapleChange

(Altex + MapleChange) are 2 new listings. We are continuously working on new listings. So new listing should follow soon of course.

Cheers
Nichop

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:10:12 PM

Don't bother with him anymore mate. he has no respect for anyone. He is not supporting anything or any project. he is just a cheap low standards pool operator. His motivations are other than bringing decent contribution to the Industry. Some people live on very low standards he is one of them.

We told them do not mine with ASIC because ASIC is not aligned with the XUN mind set and we do not encourage it; what ever happens with ASIC mining XUN devs are not going to help. They wanted to mine with their ASIC and then complain that Oh the wallet did not receive the coins. They did not listen and lost their coins. Congratulation for not listening... Then they complain and say we stole their coins lol. Do you really think we need to steal 30 USD of coins while we are taking money out of our own Devs pocket to pay for all the necessary developments and building the infrastructure of XUN?

If shit happens with their ASIC miners its good for them its the price they pay for not listening and pretending they know better. If they are not happy with XUN they are invited to take their business else where.

Even some claimed ASIC resistant Algos are infact not even ASIC resistant anymore so instead of doing forks just to survive, XUN team is now evaluating a more  reliable and for sure more stable long term solution. so lets stay proactive.

I know we have an outstanding community behind XUN and we are very grateful for your strong support.

thanks for taking part in this conversation and voicing out your opinion its much appreciate. but honestly its worthless arguing with him he is not worth it. his agenda is completely different from any rational individual. Cheers mate
killmak

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:20:32 PM

Don't bother with him anymore mate. he has no respect for anyone. He is not supporting anything or any project. he is just a cheap low standards pool operator. His motivations are other than bringing decent contribution to the Industry. Some people live on very low standards he is one of them.

We told them do not mine with ASIC because ASIC is not aligned with the XUN mind set and we do not encourage it; what ever happens with ASIC mining XUN devs are not going to help. They wanted to mine with their ASIC and then complain that Oh the wallet did not receive the coins. They did not listen and lost their coins. Congratulation for not listening... Then they complain and say we stole their coins lol. Do you really think we need to steal 30 USD of coins while we are taking money out of our own Devs pocket to pay for all the necessary developments and building the infrastructure of XUN?

If shit happens with their ASIC miners its good for them its the price they pay for not listening and pretending they know better. If they are not happy with XUN they are invited to take their business else where.

Even some claimed ASIC resistant Algos are infact not even ASIC resistant anymore so instead of doing forks just to survive, XUN team is now evaluating a more  reliable and for sure more stable long term solution. so lets stay proactive.

I know we have an outstanding community behind XUN and we are very grateful for your strong support.

thanks for taking part in this conversation and voicing out your opinion its much appreciate. but honestly its worthless arguing with him he is not worth it. his agenda is completely different from any rational individual. Cheers mate

An outstanding community?  I entered your discord for 20 minutes and it is not a friendly place.  I correctly pointed out that your coin is not ASIC resistant and got crapped on by just about everyone.  I was called an idiot by you and all of your groupies.  It was disgusting.  That is not a community I would be proud to be part of.  As a coin developer it is your responsibility to make your coin ASIC resistant if you want it to be ASIC resistant.  You can't just say listen we don't like ASIC's so please don't mine our coin if you have an ASIC.  That does not solve the issue and not paying out to ASIC's but accepting their shares makes the problem even worse.  Just because you have it posted that you do not allow ASIC's on your pool doesn't make stealing their coins any less shady.  And yes accepting their shares and not paying out is stealing.  If you don't want ASIC's on your pool stop accepting their shares!  And to make matters worse when they join your discord channel to ask about it you all laugh at them.  It is appalling. 

If you want your coin to be ASIC resistant use your coding skills and fork your code to make it so.  It would take you less effort than the amount of time you guys spend laughing at ASIC users and having to explain to people that use your pool why you have stolen their coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: