Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to explain and teach Bitcoin  (Read 3407 times)
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:34:21 PM

I believe that the easiest way to get a person to give your his attention when you want to explain bitcoin to him is to mention the money first. Make him believe he can get paid later when he starts working and you get his full attention. It's the same way i used it when i introduced bitcoin to a friend of mine. Then you start explaining the basic rules and information like the value of bitcoin and the use of bitcoin. It all comes easy if he wants to really learn. The most important thing is how to make him want to be a part of bitcoin community.

I agree with you sir this is also may way of getting there attention the fact that bitcoin is a medium of exchange it will really involve money and the capital appreciation of bitcoin over time is really fast such an investment early on will earn big profits faster than stock exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
robertdhags

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:39:34 PM

If you are going to teach it with the child who is 7 year old, you are going to use the word that can easily understand or comprehend them, but it really depends on the child if the child is not interested they will not easily understand it coz we all know that age is not the age that a child will give time to understand it. There is a child who are very curious but only few.

Firs off, would it really be necessary to teach a 7-year-old about the principles of bitcoin. I think it's too early to do so. Also, it won't be as useful to them, especially in this stage where it is not really of the mainstream market. Having said, in response to the topic, I think first talk about where you could closely compare it to like money and what you can do with it. Because, if you would start with the concept then I'm sure any seven year old would hardly be interested.
unless if that 7 year old is a gifted child that are now so smart to think and to know about bitcoin, because we as a adult we take the feeling of hard to know some details about bitcoin how about for a kid.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:47:35 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old

I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”

From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU
[/quote]

If  i teach to the child or person  in a simple way to say  what is bitcoin  all i can say is that btc is an alternate of money and we can get this through digital currency application.bitcoins is the another terms of money,that runs through internet.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
cryptorami

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:30:05 AM

I got acquainted with Bitcoin through searching for investment options.
Later I realized that this is a whole world that is becoming a part of our real world.

An easy way to learn about bitcoin is to learn its 9 year history. All his ups and downs.
KeeKit

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:32:03 PM

People's knowledge on bitcoin/cryptocurrency will always depend on how they understand the whole concept. As for me, I tell them about how I understand it and then refer them to a link that will back-up my explanation and for them to also explore and get to know the concept easier. For Ethereum, I will always suggest for them to check the website itself which is www.propthereum.io

All answers to possible questions is there and it has a very detailed whitepaper that can explain what it is.
Targusluxe

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:35:37 PM

I think the best way to explain and teach bitcoin to others is to let them experience it so they will know what are the benefits bitcoin could offer. And the best way to understand the whole bitcoin is to read everything about it and alsp the discussions. Maybe it will take time to be understood but i guarantee that it is really worth it.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Coral27

Activity: 184

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:34:48 PM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]

I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]
It’s so simple to teach about bitcoin all the information about bitcoin is available on internet and its so easy to learn from internet about bitcoin and if you still don’t understand bitcoin so then you need to find someone who is using bitcoin so from him you can understand easily its very simple and easy to understand .
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:43:23 PM

Easiest way to explain to anyone is showing bitcoin price history  chart by showing this only 90% of the people get interest on bitcoin. Even if people don’t trust I will show them convert bitcoin to local currency. It is the most easiest way I found to explain bitcoin.
I think the easiest way to explain to anyone what bitcoin is to showing some article or videos that tackles about bitcoin. Furthermore,  it will be to explain if they do not have any interest in bitcoin so that the first thing that you need to do is to convince them.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:25:26 PM

I learn some bitcoin knowledge in almost two months so this is easy only.I think if you already know how to read english it easy for you to undestand bitcoin because they key here in bitcoin is reading.Try to tell them to play gambling and faucets to earn even its little because if they experience how to earn i think they will keep searching all about bitcoin
Alfinopogi

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:38:14 PM

“Who made the robot..?”

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]

for me the easy way to explain bitcoin is to show to them a proof that have a big profit and you are earning a money bitcoin.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:21:48 AM

I think easy way to explain and teach bitcoin to child is telling them that bitcoin is new money on internet
the process to makes bitcoin is like the gold by mining, it is one of many easy way to explain about the bitcoin
the other way is learning by doing, it is will be more easy to be understood by the child
than just teori without any practice, remember memory of children are very fast than the old people.
Yes child are best for learning bitcoin as their picking power is so much fast and they are very familiar with the new and latest technology of the internet and computer so  it will be the best way to teach child about bitcoin indeed computer is itself a teacher which tells us that how to rectify the mistakes etc
EXITCORNER

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:36:04 AM

on utube already much videos about btc and easy to learn it
but u also need to read from another source because not everything on videos 100% correct or miss understanding
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:39:42 AM

ahmm. for me i will explain them by step by step, from star to until now, its so hard to teach a person that dont have any idea about bitcoin,its so difficult to them , maybe some people are easy to teach but some are too difficult, maybe some older people are easy to teach but how about some children that will learn about bitcoin, its so difficult to them to teach about bitcoi, so thats it , by teaching them a step by step, from start until now.
Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:06:33 AM

I really like that whole analogy about bitcoins, and it's a nice way to explain it to other people how it works.

Now I know that analogy is just for simplicity for an average person to understand, but explaining this to an actual 7 year old? Let's be honest, kids will be kids. They're too young to even grasp its concept.

I'm pretty sure as I finished explaining that to them they'll barely remember the details because they're not interested at all. Cheesy

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:21:24 AM

I really like that whole analogy about bitcoins, and it's a nice way to explain it to other people how it works.

Now I know that analogy is just for simplicity for an average person to understand, but explaining this to an actual 7 year old? Let's be honest, kids will be kids. They're too young to even grasp its concept.

I'm pretty sure as I finished explaining that to them they'll barely remember the details because they're not interested at all. Cheesy

People that not interested to learn bitcoin was difficult to teach I dont waste my time for that kind of people if people really want to learn cryptocurrency they always find a way to easy know every detailed of bitcoin.

My best way to teach people to know bitcoin is to encorage them to watch some basic video on how to use bitcoin then if this people are interested we proced to the next step on how to earn bitcoin theres no shortcut for teaching newbie on how to use bitcoin.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:24:28 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2017, 10:54:00 AM by Latviand

“Who made the robot..?”

“… Crazy.”

[/quote]
There are ways that even the adult and the children can learn the bitcoin just to teach them in easy way so first adult and children we know that interested in money everyone of us got interested when money is topic so just talk to them and teach them. first you must taught what are the basic in the bitcoin what the bitcoin what the use of it and why it is made. the history the chart you must show it to them then do some salestalk then show them a proof. it is legit
9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:31:49 AM

the easy way to explain and teach bitcoin to everyone first mention the money they will get when they join in bitcoin second explain the basic rules and information how the bitcoin value move and how use bitcoin that's all

Pearlfx

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:32:58 AM

I've learned something new from the post. However, I'm not sure a 7year old child would be able to understand Bitcoin and it's complexity.
Habakkuk77

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:45:12 AM

If somebody is interested of something he will do everything in order get what he desire and what he wants.
 That is why if you explain bitcoin do not give all informations that you know you must let him explore and to have self learning. Just tell the basic informations and it is up to them to learn.

[
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:26:37 AM

I like your analogy. I have never been in such situation but I still like it. I wll try to remember it. Maybe it lacks the idea that nothing occur in the "real", tangible world. As a 7 year old, I would have been naive enough to believe in the idea of a huge, growing room loaded with small cute pink piggy banks.

Actually, this analogy can be good even for grown-ups. I mean, there are still many people for whom the idea of bitcoin is.. Well, merely a strange word.

Thank you for sharing it!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: